Video: Obama’s two-minute closing argument to Iowans

posted at 8:13 pm on January 2, 2008 by Allahpundit

Surprisingly, he sounds more scripted than Hillary did. Lotta “change,” lotta “new directions,” lotta “real people,” and of course a lot of “bringing together” of Democrats and Republicans, although after a year of watching him campaign I’m still unclear on where the middle ground is on which a lefty like him is planning to meet the GOP. He does promise he’ll listen to us, though, if elected, so let that keep you warm tonight.

He’s the liberal version of what Huckabee likes to say about himself vis-a-vis conservatism: He may be progressive, but he’s not angry about it. Small mercies.

Comments

Way much better than Hillary’s message.

terryannonline on January 2, 2008 at 8:17 PM

I hope he gets nominated, we will beat him like a drum in the general election.

paulsur on January 2, 2008 at 8:22 PM

I like this black man.

I like him a lot.

Ochlan on January 2, 2008 at 8:32 PM

That’s a lotta latte.

SouthernGent on January 2, 2008 at 8:34 PM

This might be a bit off bases but dose he look like he has lost alot of weight ????

oh and nice speech but im going to have to call bulls*** on it , if you really are going to fight for the american people then why did you vote for shamnesty against the will of the american people ???

and watch out if a stiff wind catches those ears you might end up in oz.

Mojack420 on January 2, 2008 at 8:36 PM

What would you like to do about the ears? Whittle them down so they meet your approval? Leave the ad hominem attacks to the Dems. They wrote the book.

As for the video, more nonspecific, insubstantial, epmty promises from an otherwise clean and arituclate African-American.

fourstringfuror on January 2, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Barack’s never gonna give you up.
He’s never gonna let you down.
He’ll never run around and hurt you.

askheaves on January 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM

It’s empty. But it’s not hateful and poisonous like Hillary and Silky. Small mercies, indeed.

petefrt on January 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Dude.

To “end the war” is nothing less than surrendering to Islamic demands. That would make you a dedicated and professional loser and I don’t vote for losers.

Guardian on January 2, 2008 at 8:49 PM

I just keep wondering why we don’t have a conservative “Obama” running.

Buzzy on January 2, 2008 at 8:55 PM

so let that keep you warm tonight.

Oh yeah, I feel all warm and fuzzy….No, wait, thats a rash!!

conservnut on January 2, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Barack’s never gonna give you up.
He’s never gonna let you down.
He’ll never run around and hurt you.
askheaves on January 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM

You probably don’t realize he’s lip synching. Here is the real voice behind that skinny little redhead.

Hmmm…maybe you intended to imply that Barack was lip synching, also???

fred5678 on January 2, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Call me crazy, but I thought that was pretty good. A sprinkle of biographical information to underline a commitment to the “people” and some friendly optimism phrases. It didn’t leave the same impression on me that Hillary’s did.

Spirit of 1776 on January 2, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Call me crazy, but I thought that was pretty good.

You’re not crazy, I thought it was good too.

terryannonline on January 2, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Lets review;

“End the division”,Maybe I’m naive,but race relations
have been getting better,unless your
seeing it from Liberal eyes.

If it’s bi-partisan between Republicans
and Democrats,well the Liberal’s still
refuse to work with the right.

“Thats why I brought Democrats and Republicans together to
provide health care and tax relief to working families.”

Refresh my memory,when!

“Thats why I oppose this war in Irag from the start,it
wasn’t popular but it was RIGHT.”

Just to remind Liberal voters his stance on the war.

And if the war wasn’t popular but right,uumm which is it!

canopfor on January 2, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Energy independence is a great idea. But he hasn’t put any serious thought into it. Or if he has he isn’t saying. If some Democrat could bankrupt OPEC as part of a Global Warming plan that would be magnificent but it doesn’t seem likely to happen. A pity because it would do more to win the WOT than anything else. Plus it would be a great kick to see the Saudis having to go back to living in tents within my lifetime.

aengus on January 2, 2008 at 9:19 PM

He just needs some white gloves and to interject “mammy” every so often..,and I’ll vote for him

Ochlan on January 2, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Ochlan on January 2, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Banned.

Allahpundit on January 2, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Good ban AP.

For the Harry Potter fans here I’m getting a friendly Lord Valdemort vibe from this guy. He should do motivational speeches and leave running the free world to others.

Mojave Mark on January 2, 2008 at 9:35 PM

I like this black man. I like him a lot.

Ochlan on January 2, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Uh…he’s white.

On the speech, I like the part where he’s “always gonna to tell you where I stand and what I think”. Except for when he votes “present”, like for the current Supreme Court Chief Justice, John Roberts, in his confirmation hearings.

What a worthless douche this guy is.

Jaibones on January 2, 2008 at 9:35 PM

So the world would be a better place today with Saddam and his sons still alive and in charge in Iraq, and our forces still either in the region keeping him in his box, or the box broken and him hailed as the defeater of the Great Satan.

I wish he’d elaborate on that a little because I’m having a hard time getting my head around it.

Typhoon on January 2, 2008 at 9:35 PM

We are winning in Iraq right now, why does he want to give up?

paulsur on January 2, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Great! We’ll be coming together! For change! new directions! Ending division!

Now, does someone want to tell what we’ll be changing to and which new directions we’ll be going in? And does anyone know exactly when he brought health care and tax relief to working Americans?

Pablo on January 2, 2008 at 10:14 PM

Pablo on January 2, 2008 at 10:14 PM

By “working Americans” I guess he means Illinois residents. But I have yet to figure out what it is, exactly, that he did during his anonymous days here in our general assembly.

Never heard of the Messiah until he came back to save me from eternal damnation…again. And then, in a flash, he was gone off to Washington to save everyone else.

Jaibones on January 2, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Anecdotal Footnote on ObamaDouche:

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago. Everyone who is black votes Democrat genetically, and most of my white friends are liberals. Hillary is from north suburban Park Ridge, and Obama is from Kansas or Indonesia or some junk, but has been right up the road in Hyde Park for a while.

I can’t name a single Hillary supporter (among those I know who have an opinion to share with a bloodthirsty conservative like me).

They all have Obama stickers in their cars. All of them. I wonder what that means?

Jaibones on January 2, 2008 at 11:24 PM

If sincerity and likability were all it took to get elected, he’d win.

flipflop on January 3, 2008 at 7:34 AM