Did Huck’s “cancelled” ad run in Iowa anyway?

posted at 8:56 pm on January 2, 2008 by Allahpundit

TPM says yes. Remember, it was sent out to local TV stations before Huck had his alleged eleventh-hour change of heart — although as Jim Geraghty noted this morning, the timeline appears to be somewhat … nuanced. In theory someone might have missed the memo and ran it against the campaign’s wishes. Except that Huck announced he was yanking the ad on Monday and TPM says the spot ran last night. They missed the memo by a full day?

Does it matter, though? Wouldn’t you know it, America’s most famously conservative cable news channel somehow managed to obtain an exclusive clean copy of the spot — not a bootleg, shot on the scene a la Mark Halperin as Huck aired it for reporters, but a master copy — and ran it last night during Hannity & Colmes. Not enough viewers? I guess not, because check out the following clip of what went down on the Factor about a half hour ago. Your exit question: Did Carl Cameron get the copy from one of those local stations or did this one come special delivery from Huckabee HQ?

Update: A commenter says Cameron told Greta Van Susteren last night that the ad didn’t come from Huckabee’s camp.

Comments

Mr. Honesty and Integrity strikes again.

WasatchMan on January 2, 2008 at 8:57 PM

His conscience told him too….

ronsfi on January 2, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Unequivocally and absolutely.

Vizzini on January 2, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Ed Rollins strikes again?

Now I really don’t understand his support from evangelicals. What’s the point of electing a guy who shares your values if he acts just like every other politician?

Slublog on January 2, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Slimy.

Buzzy on January 2, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Is Fox doing the Lord’s work now too?

Spirit of 1776 on January 2, 2008 at 9:04 PM

I can’t have respect for a man that would film an ad with his heart felt convictions and then pull the ad. That is not what an honorable man does.
Then to ad insult to injury he finds a way to “inadvertently” show the world his ad that he did not have the malkins to show. That is cheesy as hell. but what do you expect from a cheese ball, tin horn preacher huckster?

TheSitRep on January 2, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Slublog on January 2, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Maybe these Evangelicals belong to the Machiavellian Church. New sect, growing exponentially.

Buy Danish on January 2, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Like Rush said about it today, Clintonian move by the Huckster. I guess that is just Little Rock politics.

conservnut on January 2, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Ala the Church Lady, “how convenient”.

infidel on January 2, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Carl Cameron, with few exceptions, has been pulling for a Huckabee win in Iowa. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he had received it from the Huckabee campaign.

davenp35 on January 2, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Machiavelli rules.

Seriously, though…whatever happened to in but not of?

Slublog on January 2, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Utter Prick

Choke on my sh!t Huck…you f’in fraudulent whore

Ochlan on January 2, 2008 at 9:22 PM

I’d stay home before I ever cast a vote for this fraud.

If he loses he can become a televangelist and take the gullible for their last 2 cents.

TheBigOldDog on January 2, 2008 at 9:23 PM

Cameron claimed on Greta last night that the ad did not come from the Huckabee camp. But he was VERY nonspecific about where it originated.

thirtypundit on January 2, 2008 at 9:26 PM

They’re gonna carry The Huckster out in the fetal position….just like Jim Bakker….you watch….

DfDeportation on January 2, 2008 at 9:27 PM

All the OPEN BORDERS ZEALOTS in the Wolfpack News Media are pulling for The Huckster and McCain….BIG TIME!!!

DfDeportation on January 2, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Utter Prick

Choke on my sh!t Huck…you f’in fraudulent whore

Ochlan on January 2, 2008 at 9:22 PM

A little harsh, in the off chance some youngster learning about politics comes across this thread.

infidel on January 2, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Watching H&C, and listening to Luntz’s focus groups I have come to three conclusions:

The Reps there appear to take their opinions from the MSM.

The Dems there don’t know what America is all about.

Iowans by and large (exceptions noted) are dumb.

Darksean on January 2, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Mr. Honesty and Integrity strikes again.

..Bill?

Reaps on January 2, 2008 at 9:51 PM

I fear something or someone has run amuck,
oh,the horror.hehe

canopfor on January 2, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Come on peeps! The announcement of him not running the piece was just a political play. Who in the world would hold a press meeting just to say “I am not doing this…and here is what I am not doing!”

Geez…this guy just may be worse than Billy Jeff.
He is a snake politician, like most of ‘em. Our best bet is either to get the base excited about FRED! or to get someone we would have to compromise with like Giuliani, who is more experienced in the political world and more electable.
My heartfelt choice is with Fred!. But my logical choice is with Rudy.

Nobody on that stage is more electable, and that is my logic.

McCain – Too old and has his crazy moments
Romney – The religion thing
Huck – RINO(If even that)
Who else? Fred! But he just looks worn out (if I was married to that I would be too :p )

So at this point we need to look at who is electable and keep that person to honest. I know it is hard to do so, but our Revolution must continue. It started in 1979, faltered not in 1992, but in 1999. (Remember, a president does not run the country, congress does..The president just approves or disapproves of stuff).And again in 2007.

The ‘fire in the belly’… Where has it gone? The days of Newt’s “Contract to America”, the conservative principles on which we stand, where is the fire? Where are our leaders in a time, so politically dark, where are our leaders with enough light in their sight to see that we are America.

All I am saying is that is not one candidate up on that stage that is close to what Reagan was and for them to even think they are close befuddles my mind.
One word.
CRAPTASTIC!

I am now going play with my festivus pole
Happy new year!

lsutiger on January 2, 2008 at 9:57 PM

Who is going to play the OODA loop? THis guy can be taken down swordlessly.

bbz123 on January 2, 2008 at 9:58 PM

I’m finished freaking out about Huckabee now. He can’t possibly get the nomination, regardless of how well he does in Iowa (and that’s in doubt given this attack ad crap he’s pulling, plus Rush lowering the boom on him today).

Now I’m just hoping Huck’s implosion happens quickly and dramatically enough to send enough voters and donors Fred’s way to keep him alive for awhile longer. Doubtful, I know–especially given Iowa evangelicals’ apparently blind devotion to this passive-aggressive slimeball Huckabee–but stranger things have happened.

aero on January 2, 2008 at 9:58 PM

Mark my words. There will be (and should be) a large number of conservatives taking evangelicals to task if Huckabee wins in Iowa.

davenp35 on January 2, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Too little too late watch and see.

paulsur on January 2, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Or Huckabee HQ might have used a go-between that isn’t affiliated with the campaign.

FloatingRock on January 2, 2008 at 10:30 PM

FloatingRock on January 2, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Sure. Huck used a cut out.

a capella on January 2, 2008 at 10:43 PM

That weasel’s ad got more airtime worldwide than any other, and without paying a cent for it. What a joke he is…

stacman on January 3, 2008 at 1:45 AM