Rich Lowry at Fred event: “[H]e gave the impression … of wanting to be somewhere, anywhere else”

posted at 3:30 pm on December 31, 2007 by Allahpundit

Not quite as brutal as this brutal TNR piece on Fred’s “death throes,” but the TNR story is easily dismissible by Fredheads as yet another left-wing media hit job on the Only Man Who Can Save America. Whereas Lowry’s piece … will be dismissed as a right-wing hit job by a guy who works for a magazine that’s already endorsed Mitt. Right? It can’t be that Fred’s simply weak on the stump. There must be an agenda at work here somewhere. Help me find it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

vote for the Iowa video on You Tube, make it a favorite of yours and then send the link to everyone you know.

Link is:

Then go over to http://www.fred08.com and donate $100

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 4:24 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 5:23 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 4:56 PM

I would LOVE to watch Fred blow away the ignoramouses with fat special interest pockets during a roundtable discussion, 15 minutes per topic. Fred spent time doing his homework to be able to step into the Oval Office prepared for business day one. So the jackals rail away, preferring regurgitated sound bites for an entire YEAR. That nuisance is enough to force voters to face either the platform with all it’s rough splinters (speaking of jobs Americans expect someone else to do for them, CONTRIBUTE), or the liberally coated sink holes where all the money is coming and going.

maverick muse on December 31, 2007 at 5:23 PM

By the way, the “fire in the belly” silliness ain’t exactly new. From Time Magazine, November, 1975.

Does He Really Want It ?

Reagan seldom looks or acts politically hungry.

Sounds familiar:

He gave the impression … of wanting to be somewhere, anywhere else.

Reagan apparently had no fire in his belly, either.

By the way, for a little fun … Google that phrase. It’s been used – either for or against – every politician in the last century. Dukakis didn’t have it. There were question about Bush’s junior and senior (all using that phrase). Mondale famously used it against himself. Teddy had it but some weren’t sure about Franklin. Eisenhower never had it and Truman didn’t at first. Nixon had plenty, Dole had none, Gore had lots and lots and then it was gone.

Oh – the stupidity.

Wouldn’t it be nice if pundits thought for themselves? Or at least came up with their own freakin’ catchphrase?

Ron Paul really has elderberries in his underwear.

Professor Blather on December 31, 2007 at 5:31 PM

I think that it is obvious that Fred doesn’t like campaigning… I’m not sure that’s a crime. You might not be able to become president – but it is sad that you have to appear like you enjoy campaigning to be a good president.

ApartforHaShem on December 31, 2007 at 5:33 PM

A Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll out today:

In the tight Republican contest in Iowa, Mike Huckabee narrowly leads Mitt Romney, who slipped by one point to trail 29 percent to 27 percent. John McCain gained two points but remained a distant third at 13 percent….McCain solidified his hold on third with his two-point gain to 13 percent. Three Republicans battled for fourth, with former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson at 8 percent and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Texas Rep. Ron Paul at 7 percent.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 5:34 PM

I wonder what today’s writers would have said about George Washington and his lack of fire in the belly when he was President. He viewed it as a duty and a sacrifice – not something to be desired. Perhaps the second part to the reasons he didn’t want to serve his second term.

ApartforHaShem on December 31, 2007 at 5:34 PM

ApartforHaShem on December 31, 2007 at 5:34 PM

If you want to read about lack of fire in the belly, read Washington’s letters to congress.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 5:42 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 5:34 PM

I find that poll hard to believe. I really wonder if the actual results are going to bear as much correlation to these polls as the 2004 exit polls did to the results.

Are people really going to caucus for Huckabee in droves?

Oh. Wait. He has fire in the belly, probably. Well that explains it.

ApartforHaShem on December 31, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Sure, but he didn’t have to go to Sioux City or Des Moines.

And yes, those are the only two cities in Iowa I could come up with.

Professor Blather on December 31, 2007 at 5:43 PM

It is not hard to understand the MSM obsession with destroying Fred as a viable candidate. He is the person that can win in the general election and that is the last thing they want. I don’t want a candidate that wants an “ego” trip to the white house. I want a candidate that wants to improve things in the United States and that is Fred.

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 5:48 PM

Professor Blather on December 31, 2007 at 5:43 PM

Fred’s not been doing well in the polls in Iowa.

ReutersC-Span/Zogby 12/27 – 12/30 8%
American Res. Group 12/26 – 12/28 7%
Mason-Dixon 12/26 – 12/28 – 14%
Strategic Vision (R) 12/26 – 12/27 15%
Quad City Times 12/26 – 12/27 11%

That is a major reason why he is in financial trouble. He is now 4th. He needs to come in 2nd or 3rd to stay in.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 5:49 PM

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 5:48 PM

MSM is not interested in destroying Fred. They are interested in making news. When Fred makes news, they love him. Fred needs to wake up every day and ask himself how he can make news today. News editors are only interested in what will attract readers.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 5:52 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 5:52 PM

As a Fredhead I approve this message.

(back to the sauce….no not that sauce!)

Limerick on December 31, 2007 at 5:54 PM

Yeah, I grow tired of the Fred to Reagan comparisons:

First, Reagan was a flip-flopper and supported amnesty.

Fred Thompson isn’t a flip-flopper.

Reagan was governor of liberal hellhole California.

Fred Thompson was Senator of the fine conservative state of Tennessee.

Ronald Reagan was an actor, he posed for the MSM and Hollyweirdd.

Fred Thompson gives the MSM a poke in the eye at every turn.

Fred Thompson is the clear conservative choice, don’t vote for a RINO like Reagan.

Fred Thompson is the greatest conservative who ever lived. Don’t even kid yourselves, Reagan had a group of people calling themselves Reagan Democrats. You can be sure there won’t be any “Thompson Democrats” around here.

Whether it was DA of New York, Principal of a school, or admiral of a United States Navy Vessel, Fred Thompson has a clear record of leadership.

I’m with Fred ’08!

BKennedy on December 31, 2007 at 5:54 PM

I do think we have to pray for a real nominating convention. If Fred hangs in I think this will go to the convention and that he will be the nominee.

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 5:55 PM

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 5:48 PM

Case in point: look at Drudge right now: http://www.drudgereport.com/

Look where fred’s news is, and look at what is eye catching above it. Huck made news today. It doesn’t matter that the newsmen think Huck made a fool of himself. Many of the people of Iowa may just think Huck figured enough is enough and they will side with Huck.

As far as Fred is concerned, Huck just sucked more air out of the environment. IMHO, a smooth move by Rollins.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 5:55 PM

(back to the sauce….no not that sauce!)

Limerick on December 31, 2007 at 5:54 PM

How long do you simmer that tomato sauce?

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Perhaps the second part to the reasons he didn’t want to serve his second term.

Or it could have been the political infighting in his cabinet that wore him out.

If anything Washington was the very picture of public propriety and humbleness. What he said in public or in public venues and what he thought personally – not always the same.

Spirit of 1776 on December 31, 2007 at 5:59 PM

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 5:55 PM

In such a convention (and I have been to a couple of these), there are deals made in the back rooms and a candidate (and VP) are chosen by perceived electability. Fred will probably not be the one chosen if that is the criteria. I would think Rudy would be. With maybe Mitt as a VP.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:00 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:00 PM

I don’t agree. If this happened none of the “front runners” would make it. Fred would be the compromise.

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 6:03 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 5:57 PM

….well about 30 mins to cook down the spices, onion, peppers, garlic, tomatoes etc…then(depending on amount) about 2 hours, 3 for a big pot. The meatballs only take about 30 mins.

Limerick on December 31, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Limerick on December 31, 2007 at 6:03 PM

You use paste?

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM

Lately that has changed. His campaign has said he was busy before on position papers. Maybe that is true, but the other candidates were sucking the air out of the campaign at the time. Now he is very active so I will give him the benefit of the doubt and watch (my State’s election isn’t until Feb.) After all Iowa and NH combined only count for 11 delegates out of about 280 needed to win.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 4:56 PM

I’ll admit….Fred Thompson looked better a couple of days ago. Duly noted.

DfDeportation on December 31, 2007 at 6:10 PM

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Fred doesn’t have the electability numbers right now, and unless something happens in the next 3 states, he probably won’t have them.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:10 PM

I’ll admit….Fred Thompson looked better a couple of days ago. Duly noted.

DfDeportation on December 31, 2007 at 6:10 PM

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. He is campaigning now. Let’s see what happens.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Limerick on December 31, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Mmmmm, sounds tasty…….

doriangrey on December 31, 2007 at 6:12 PM

Good grief! Another useless nugget from a so-so pundit!

Gatordoug on December 31, 2007 at 6:13 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:10 PM

I don’t think we disagree that much. But a lot can change in eleven months. I still think that Fred is the most electable candidate but he has to get the nomination first.

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 6:15 PM

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Good point. I’ve said before that one of the reasons I chose Fred is because he’s the only one of the top 5 who does NOT have a major Republican subgroup threatening believably to stay home if he’s the nominee. And if any of these groups actually does stay home in significant numbers, there’s no way the Republican can win the general.

Who will stay home?

Rudy: pro-lifers
Mitt: those who would never vote for a Mormon
Huck: fiscal conservatives
McCain: those who oppose amnesty

Fred: NO LARGE GROUP OBJECTS TO FRED (he has high favorables and low core opposition – a formula for potential great success if he became the nominee)

Each group that has threatened to stay home if Rudy, Mitt, Huck, or McCain is the nominee is very large and calls into question that candidate’s viability in the general. Fred is the only one of the top 5 who does not face such such internal opposition if he somehow miraculously becomes the nominee.

aero on December 31, 2007 at 6:15 PM

aero on December 31, 2007 at 6:15 PM

You guys need to look at the Head-to-Head polls to answer the question of who a brokered convention might select to run.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:19 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:19 PM

How the hell does John Edwards get such good numbers?

BKennedy on December 31, 2007 at 6:25 PM

You use paste?

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM

Fresh diced tomatoes + a large can of stewed tomatoes + one small can of paste

simmer the fresh ones with the olive oil cooked garlic, peppers etc….add a bit of red wine and cook just enough to get sticky…then the stewed tomatoes and paste…a bit of water to thin it out…..simmer real low. Add the meat balls (ground sirloin, maple sausage, fresh whole grain bread, egg, a bit of milk, fresh garlic and minched onion-baked 30 mins at 350-375) right at the end.

Serve with wine, two lit candles, and a rose on the table.
Sure fire way to get dibs on the TV for the football games on New Years Day. :)

Limerick on December 31, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Limerick on December 31, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Sounds delicious.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:29 PM

ooops…don’t forget fresh basil, a tblspoon of sugar, and some oregeno….sometimes I add cilantro.

Limerick on December 31, 2007 at 6:31 PM

How the hell does John Edwards get such good numbers?

BKennedy on December 31, 2007 at 6:25 PM

He’s a Democrat and he isn’t Hillary. Hillary is the easiest Democrat for a Republican to beat.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:32 PM

Limerick on December 31, 2007 at 6:31 PM

My relatives are from Sicily, I never forget Basil or Fennel

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:33 PM

The odds against a Senator becoming the nominee are staggering. But I have a fetish of rooting for the underdog. When they win it soooo delicious.

sonnyspats1 on December 31, 2007 at 6:34 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:19 PM

The polls at this point don’t mean anything. We not only over poll but we ask stupid questions. Fred stays the most electable candidate but with a minimal chance of getting the nomination. I still think his only chance is a real nominating convention. If he somehow gets the nomination I believe he will be the next President. I get bored on these threads eventually so “good night all”.

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 6:37 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:32 PM

You just very well may be correct about that…

DfDeportation on December 31, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Check out American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, you might find a candidate over there.

Now that’s funny!

Tim Zank on December 31, 2007 at 6:45 PM

National Review Online’s Peter Robinson writes,

This is reminiscent of Reagan’s talk to the people of North Carolina in 1976. Simple, straightforward, modest production values—just the candidate in front of an American flag and an Iowa flag—but (to use the word again) compelling. Reagan’s 1976 talk enabled him to recover after a string of primary defeats, winning in North Carolina, then going on to come within a handful of delegates of wresting the nomination from Ford. Will Thompson’s talk move voters in Iowa? Does his campaign have the money to get it on the air? Throughout the state? Or even in a few of the most important markets? Beats me. But we have here a serious man, making a serious case—and doing so in the context of a campaign that has otherwise descended into mere caterwauling.

Even at this late hour, I wouldn’t count Fred out.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 6:50 PM

He’s got an absolutely horrible communications director that spams my email with annoying emails begging me to contribute.

Fred is the right guy, and I think he’s putting in the effort, but I’ve always felt his communications guy was really terrible at his job of exposing Fred to voters. It’s probably frustration, as opposed to not wanting to be president, that is getting Fred down. I still hope he is the candidate. The Iowa caucus is early.

AlexB on December 31, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Is it? Every Fred thread these days is good for 250 comments or so. If people are tired they have a funny way of showing it.

Allahpundit on December 31, 2007 at 3:40 PM

When I lived in Omaha in the nineties the telemarketing outcall sites were quite the high paying job. Some people who did this job talked about how the floor supervisor would run around slapping high fives and saying “give em some love” when someone made a sale.

The Fred threads make me think of that. “Fred is a genius with a unique strategy” “Wait till the results come out” “third or bust” …. give me some love…

Bradky on December 31, 2007 at 7:02 PM

Serve with wine, two lit candles, and a rose on the table.
Sure fire way to get dibs on the TV for the football games on New Years Day. :)

News you can use! :)

Spirit of 1776 on December 31, 2007 at 7:04 PM

FloatingRock on December 31, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Bravo!!

Gatordoug on December 31, 2007 at 7:06 PM

“Folks, we live in the greatest country in the history of the world, and it’s every generation’s obligation to do our part to keep it that way.”

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Ok, hold on a second you Fredheads……

It’s hard to tell if you are serious or just poking fun at yourselves.
Do you really think that Fred’s website getting more hits than RP is a good thing? Think about it, you guys are asking people to vote and vote often for Fred’s video. Is that really an accurate indication of his support? Many of you have gone to his website and donated several times. Is that an accurate gage of this surge of support?

It seems pretty clear to me this is an event reaching Paulian heights of poll stacking. I assume you know this and are just kidding around, but if not, I apologize I this offends you.

csdeven on December 31, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Bradky on December 31, 2007 at 7:02 PM

Personally, I loved the old “waiting in the weeds” strategy that the Fred supporters were hyping earlier this fall. Comedy gold right there brother. :-)

csdeven on December 31, 2007 at 7:18 PM

OK, that’s it for me. Happy New year to you all. Be safe and blessings to you and yours for the new year!

Peace and cheers!

csdeven on December 31, 2007 at 7:21 PM

csdeven on December 31, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Actually, promoting the video gets the word out about the video and allows undecided voters to see and hear Fred Thompson.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 7:30 PM

csdeven on December 31, 2007 at 7:15 PM

That was what I was thinking as I read through this thread. The Fredheads are turning into delusional Paulians — spamming polls and coordinating deceptive internet support. Look at the actual polls by polling professionals. Fred is 5th nationally — a non-factor. Allah and HA is just being cruel posting all these threads for you dead enders to keep posting over and over how Fred is going to exceed all expectations and storm to the nomination.

tommylotto on December 31, 2007 at 7:31 PM

tommylotto on December 31, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Look on the bright side. Fred will have a great script for a Lifetime movie ;)

Bradky on December 31, 2007 at 7:35 PM

SECOND LOOK AT RYAN SEACREST!

Professor Blather on December 31, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Is America ready for a gay president?

Bad Candy on December 31, 2007 at 7:35 PM

The next 2 days are gonna be NOTHIN’ but Fred bashin’ on every right-wing conventional news outlet.

The same powers-that-be who gave us 8 years of the current RINO-in-Chief are gonna fight the PEOPLE tooth and nail, just like they did over Illegal Amnesty! It’s about the money folks. It’s about NAFTA and keepin’ the borders open.

F’em all- Fred’s got my money, my prayers and my vote. What will be will be.

BUT for God’s sake ALLAH- Stop writin’ him off until he wins or leaves the race.
Unless, of course you’re gittin’ paid too.

Happy New Year!

Ex-tex on December 31, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Ex-tex on December 31, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Actually, I think it will be Huck bashing.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 7:45 PM

Actually, I think it will be Huck bashing.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 7:45 PM

You’d be wrong.

Ex-tex on December 31, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Who was wondering if the Fred video would go viral? Well, it isn’t quite that, but it is doing very well.

#2 – Most Discussed (Today)
#1 – Most Discussed (Today) – News & Politics
#38 – Most Discussed (This Week) – News & Politics
#30 – Most Responded (Today)
#6 – Most Viewed (Today)
#2 – Most Viewed (Today) – News & Politics
#28 – Most Viewed (This Week) – News & Politics
#15 – Top Favorites (Today)
#2 – Top Favorites (Today) – News & Politics
#19 – Top Favorites (This Week) – News & Politics
#22 – Top Rated (Today)
#7 – Top Rated (Today) – News & Politics
#35 – Top Rated (This Week) – News & Politics

Tell your friends about it. The link is:

You go there and say something nice about Fred, and make it a favorite.

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 7:57 PM

I see that the “nutcases” are back on so we might as well close this thread. Goodnight cs, etc.

duff65 on December 31, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Ex-tex on December 31, 2007 at 7:41 PM

A vast right wing conspiracy against the Fred.. say it is not so! If Hillary gets bumped off by Obama maybe she can team up with Fred for a third party run — “running against the VRWC to make a difference”

Bradky on December 31, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Look at the actual polls by polling professionals.

tommylotto on December 31, 2007 at 7:31 PM

A true “polling professional” asks loaded questions to get desired results. The only truly reliable poll is one you take yourself.

MadisonConservative on December 31, 2007 at 8:17 PM

lol. Somebody brought a gun to the knife fight.

Spirit of 1776 on December 31, 2007 at 8:33 PM

There is an agenda to discredit a real candidate that will tow the collective line. It’s like a school of fish. The MSM is not the only group who don’t want to mess with the current slide into Socialism.

Egfrow on December 31, 2007 at 9:10 PM

Just for the sake of whatever, whats the prognosis if Fred does significantly better than expected?

Are there riots or what?

Speakup on December 31, 2007 at 9:47 PM

Professor Blather on December 31, 2007 at 3:52 PM

Bravo. Well said.

TheBigOldDog on December 31, 2007 at 9:51 PM

Are there riots or what?

Speakup on December 31, 2007 at 9:47 PM

The MSM goes into convulsions trying to bury Fred! without alienating it’s audience too much while telling them they were stupid for voting for him. This of course will backfire on them because it will give Fred! more free media than he will know what to do with.

Message for the MSM:

Second look at Fred!

P. James Moriarty on December 31, 2007 at 9:53 PM

On a different note; why wasn’t FOX smart enough to substitute a round table forum for the republican candidates in place of the democrat debates after the dems all turned FOX down for their dem debates? This would have put the real issues on the table and seperated the men from the boys as well as paid the dems their due for fearing FNC’s tough questions. If conservatives could get real issues on the table the dem nominee wouldn’t be able to compete. Flat out.

Griz on January 1, 2008 at 12:18 AM

And since they can’t seem to find anything on Fred, they seem to cling to “no fire in the belly.” They repeat it – with some bloggers’ help – over and over and over. With enough repetition, it becomes almost true. See-Dubya’s post covered it well enough, I think.
Professor Blather on December 31, 2007 at 3:52 PM

They fear him, do they not?

They do not want to spend a lot of time slamming his positions because that would be free publicity for his positions and it might stick

So they make a loud noise about his lack of interest

Likely the MSM is most afraid of Fred the Dark Horse

Is Fred afraid?

That is the question

One piece of advice to all candidates in primaries: show up on time, kiss the babies, and eat the doggone chicken with a smile

entagor on January 1, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Bradky on December 31, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Obviously, you’ve not realized yet, Genius, that snark is not a substitute for good debating skill. We have. ;)

tickleddragon on January 1, 2008 at 12:52 PM

entagor on January 1, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Yep, they’re afraid of him, entagor.

In public life, if you don’t get complaints, you’re doing something wrong.

tickleddragon on January 1, 2008 at 12:54 PM

tickleddragon on January 1, 2008 at 12:52 PM

I know this may be hard to digest but my success in life is not predicated on forum thread debates.

And for you, an obvious Fredhead with the secret decoder ring I decoded the message the moonies Fredheads know about.
Once Fred drops out of the Repubulican primaries the word will spread like wildfire and he will be the first president chosen by write in vote…
Here’s your sign!

Bradky on January 1, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Bradky on January 1, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Thanks, Bradky! (*big smile*)

tickleddragon on January 1, 2008 at 1:57 PM

If personal ambition and fire in the belly are what you’re looking for, you can vote for a Clinton or an Edwards.

I’m no Fred!head, but I’ve really begun to believe that the press just flat out don’t like him. He was the first one out of the gate on the Bhutto assassination with comments that were informed, succinct and pragmatic. In the print roundups of candidate reactions which followed, virtually no one even mentioned his remarks.

JM Hanes on January 1, 2008 at 2:19 PM

tickleddragon on January 1, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Happy New Year

Bradky on January 1, 2008 at 2:24 PM

I was taking a second look at Fred when I heard him comment about how he doesn’t really itch to be President, but people convinced him to run and that it’s like a marriage… if both people don’t think it’s a good idea (paraphrasing here…), etc., etc.

Frankly, I was disappointed. I don’t want a Machiavellian power grabber, but I want someone who is determined and confident; someone who really thinks that by being President America will be better, return to more libertarian roots. I want someone who believes passionately in what they stump about, who seems as tired of big government and Democrats as I am. I know people are tired of Reagan being trotted out (as I often am, even though I love him), but he definitely had drive, clarity and purpose. I don’t see that in Fred… I wish I did, but I don’t.

linlithgow on January 1, 2008 at 2:34 PM

linlithgow on January 1, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Did you read the full transcript of his remarks? If not, it may change your mind.

FloatingRock on January 1, 2008 at 6:04 PM

George Washington, perhaps our greatest President, did not campaign at all for that office. He accepted his election reluctantly. Fire in the belly, indeed.

jgapinoy on January 1, 2008 at 7:19 PM

bnelson44 on December 31, 2007 at 7:30 PM

Yes it does, but sending the same people to the video and to his website is not the same as Fred building new support. The hits on his website are not an accurate indicator of surging support.

csdeven on January 1, 2008 at 7:27 PM

jgapinoy on January 1, 2008 at 7:19 PM

GW won the revolutionary war. He didn’t have to prove anything to anybody because he had a very substantial body of work to qualify him for the job. Fred has had a reputation for being lazy and that’s been around way before this year. He has a lot to prove and he is so stubborn about it, his defense to the contrary falls mostly on deaf ears.

csdeven on January 1, 2008 at 8:39 PM

Well this is some upsetting news. No way I am voting for anyone but the showiest candidate regardless of where they actually stand on the issues.

n2sooners on January 1, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Reagan had a reputation for being lazy.

jgapinoy on January 2, 2008 at 8:54 AM