One more reason Hillary must be stopped

posted at 4:00 pm on December 31, 2007 by Bryan

It’s not because she keeps flailing and failing to justify her candidacy. She’s not Jack Bauer and anyone who buys this particular line will buy anything. Hillary’s candidacy does depend to some extent on widespread gullibility, which is never in short enough supply.

On Saturday night in Dubuque she pounced, arguing she risked her life on White House missions in the 1990s, including a hair-raising flight into Bosnia that ended in a “corkscrew” landing and a sprint off the tarmac to dodge snipers.

“I don’t remember anyone offering me tea,” she quipped.

Woo-hoo, she’s a regular International Woman of Mystery. This stuff doesn’t qualify her for the presidency. Especially when she keeps saying things that ought to disqualify her for that job.

On Sunday she was campaigning in a church, as Democrats seem to get away with doing year in and year out, and she left early before the preacher could preach. Hey, she’s busy. But it’s what she said while she was in the pulpit — a place no Clinton should ever occupy unironically — that gets at what she is.

The New York senator also highlighted a chapter in her book, “It Takes a Village,” that talks about every child needing a champion. She said most children have someone in that role and she’d like to fulfill it for the whole country.

“I think the American people need a president who is their champion. And I’ve been running to be that champion — to get up every single day and do all that I can to make sure I provide the tools that every single American is entitled to receive and make the most out of their own lives,” Clinton said.

No. Just…no. The nation’s children may need champions and heroes, and for them we ought to hold up our troops, our police and our firefighters and people who selflessly do extraordinary things with their lives. We should tell them about people like Sergeant First Class Paul R. Smith, and we should tell them less and less about rock stars and Hollywood’s profane icons. We should hold up as heroes people who achieve great things against overwhelming odds or after long years of hard, patient work. We can even hold up fictional super heroes and the occasional sports figure as examples of what heroism can look like.

But the adults of this country do not need a “champion” who sees herself as “providing the tools” for us to live our lives. We’ve taken to calling this kind of thinking “nanny state,” but it’s more than that. It’s authoritarian, whether it comes from Hillary Clinton or Michael Bloomberg or whoever espouses it. And it’s also, in this case, disturbingly narcissistic. It’s not really about the people of the country, it’s about Hillary being adored by the people of the country. That’s why she puts herself at the center of her little dream. It’s about setting herself up as our beneficent master giving you what you’re “entitled to receive,” not what you’ve earned. Which means she’ll be taking from some according to their means and giving to others according to their needs.

This we do not need. No thanks. She must be stopped.

More: I meant to ad that of all the people named as being on that flight with Hillary, the one who’s most qualified to be president is Sinbad. At least he’s an Air Force veteran.

Comments

Senator Fullbright has said at Stanford University that the Constitution is outmoded. He referred to the president as our moral teacher and our leader, and he said he is hobbled in his task by the restrictions in power imposed on him by this antiquated document.

amerpundit on December 31, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Finally a post we can all agree on.

By the way, that hideous pantsuit is reason alone to stop her. She looks like Napoleon. Bonaparte, not Dynamite.

Professor Blather on December 31, 2007 at 4:06 PM

If she gets in, she’ll also win in 2012. This is the big plum and Slick isn’t going to let it slip through his fingers if she wins. The donks will continue to migrate leftward supported by Soros. Think about it before you stay home because of single issues.

a capella on December 31, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Please don’t stop her yet. Let her win the nomination… and then we’ll stop her.

Vizzini on December 31, 2007 at 4:08 PM

I’m voting for Hillary to be my mommy. My brave, brave mommy.

MayBee on December 31, 2007 at 4:09 PM

I can not say how I feel (just stunned at the audacity of the B***H) because I do not want a knock at the door in the middle of the night and then found (with the gun still in my hand) as the result of a (nudge, nudge) suicide.

CloneTrooper on December 31, 2007 at 4:09 PM

Mrs. Clinton’s comments are calculated and have to be tailored to some focus group results. What can she possibly mean? What “tools” have people decided they’re entitled to?

RushBaby on December 31, 2007 at 4:12 PM

Tool.

You can stop there.

tickleddragon on December 31, 2007 at 4:16 PM

I’d say this at least qualifies for the ‘preachiest’ post on HotAir.

Nonfactor on December 31, 2007 at 4:19 PM

I’m voting for Hillary to be my mommy. My brave, brave mommy.

MayBee on December 31, 2007 at 4:09 PM

Mommie, dearest.

geckomon on December 31, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Not only will she will provide us tools at our own expense, but she will also decide who is entitled to what and who has too much.

pedestrian on December 31, 2007 at 4:31 PM

I like Hillary…Hillary brings presents just like Santa Claus…Hillary will be good to us when she is President and give us goodies…Hillary good!!!

sabbott on December 31, 2007 at 4:37 PM

“It Takes a Village”

No Hillary, It takes a mother and a father!

And they accuse Bush of trying to reign as a king.

ericire12 on December 31, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Rudy!
Rudy!
Rudy!

At least he’s not a patronizing little elitist for the most part.

mram on December 31, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Let her win the nomination… and then we’ll stop her.

Vizzini on December 31, 2007 at 4:08 PM

As a registered democrat, in the primary I’ll be casting my vote for Hill.

As an American, in the general I’ll be casting my vote for whichever Republican is in the other column.

photom on December 31, 2007 at 4:44 PM

How about our fucking parents? My dad was my hero my whole even up to the day he died 2 years ago and Im 40.

Pathetic

broker1 on December 31, 2007 at 4:44 PM

…and the Chinese are her elves in Santa’s workshop?

She’s manic. She’s all over the map trying to impress and address everyone with the typical politician double-speak, but she does nothing. Nothing meaningful anyway. She dreams out loud, but to most of us they’re our nightmares.

No thanks, I don’t need a champion at my age. I need a cut in my taxes and a pay raise. There’s no way on earth that will ever happen with a Defeatocrat in presidential office.

SilverStar830 on December 31, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Amen, brother. Can we all get back on the Anyone-buy-Hillary boat now? I mean, really. It’s time. It’s past time. Let’s get it together here. Repeat after me: Anyone but Hillary… Anyone but Hillary…. You can do it. You can vote for Romney or McCain or Guiliani. (OK, I’ll admit, I don’t know if I can vote for Huckabee, but get back to me if he’s the actual candidate cuz I’m gonna ask his God to give me the strength to do it). Anyone but Hillary…

Rational Thought on December 31, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Rational Thought on December 31, 2007 at 4:45 PM

At the end of the day, I will be voting Republican. I have my choice … I have my fall-back choice.

But I’ll vote for any of them if I have to.

Professor Blather on December 31, 2007 at 4:47 PM

…and do all that I can to make sure I provide the tools that every single American is entitled to receive and make the most out of their own lives

What if the “tool” we are entitled to receive is a smaller and trimmer federal government that returns to it’s role as defined in the Constitution? Will she provide that. Of course not. She is only about giving away what she doesn’t have in order to get what she wants. The concept of no gift being the best gift is way beyond her cmprehension.

Mallard T. Drake on December 31, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Is she going to change her name to Hillary “Danger” Rodham Clinton? Remember all the crap that President Bush received for arriving on the carrier in a jet. So is Cackles now giving the okay to be macho and have some cowboy tendencies in order to be president?

Mallard T. Drake on December 31, 2007 at 4:56 PM

A true Liberal is one who will give the shirt off YOUR back then take a finders fee for the effort.

CloneTrooper on December 31, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Woo-hoo, she’s a regular International Woman of Mystery.

She taught Valerie Plame everything she knows.

Laura on December 31, 2007 at 4:57 PM

She’s not fit to carry Bauer’s man-bag.

bbz123 on December 31, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Democrat family values:

Obama: “Yo, Al Qaeda dudes are our brothers!”

Edwards: “Corporations want to eat your children!”

Hillary: “I’m running to be everybody’s mommy!”

LagunaDave on December 31, 2007 at 4:59 PM

As Hill’s kids are we required to be seen and not heard like Chelsea?

bbz123 on December 31, 2007 at 5:02 PM

“….do all that I can to make sure I provide the tools that every single American is entitled to receive and make the most out of their own lives,” Clinton said.”

Our forefathers were way ahead of you on this one Hill. They kept it simple with one tool …. called the Constitution of the United States.

That’s all we need. How far we go, how much we accomplish and how much wealth we acquire, is up to each and everyone’s individual effort.

We don’t need no stinkin’ gubment.

fogw on December 31, 2007 at 5:09 PM

A leader providing the tools for the nation’s people to live their lives …

Didn’t Hitler do that?

Ryan Gandy on December 31, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Rudy!
Rudy!
Rudy!

At least he’s not a patronizing little elitist for the most part.

No – but he’s only just a little bit more liberal than Romney.

psrch on December 31, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Hillary, here is a spot of Tea. Now will you get out of my life.

If this loon did a finger painting once she would claim that Rembrandt had nothing on her.

pat on December 31, 2007 at 5:14 PM

But she knew Benazir Bhutto.

(So did the cook.)

petefrt on December 31, 2007 at 5:17 PM

She’s Alan Cranston in drag.

Ali-Bubba on December 31, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Premier Hillary is here to..save the daay!

Speakup on December 31, 2007 at 5:22 PM

AND
posted at 4:00 pm on December 31, 2007 by Bryan

Can anyone say Uncle Joe? Or Yugo (PC pronunciation) Chavez? Or Mao… etc., etc., etc.
What astounds me is that there are people in the world that expect – or even worse – need a government or ‘leader’ to be their mother, elect them, and then are utterly amazed when that elected person turns tyrannical.
Self-pity, greed, envy and selfishness are all too easyily exploited by the likes of Mrs. Clinton and her ilk.

rocksandbroncs on December 31, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Only a liberal would call herself a “champion” for merely confiscating your money and then having the gall to take the credit for distributing it to others.

Christopher Andersen was right: you can describe Hillary in five letters: EVITA.

inviolet on December 31, 2007 at 5:38 PM

If she was standing and successfully holding a beverage (without spilling) during said corkscrew, she may be qualified to serve as a flight attendant. President, no.

thirtypundit on December 31, 2007 at 5:42 PM

If Hillary becomes president, I’m going to stop working. It’ll be the only way to get rich.

I might also forge documents to make my children illegal aliens so that they can get better health care and college educations. I don’t see how they’ll be able to get by as U.S. citizens. Where do I get a fake Mexican ID?

aero on December 31, 2007 at 5:49 PM

On that flight were undoubtably AF pilots and other flight crew that are more qualified to be POTUS that Hilldabeast.

O-Dub on December 31, 2007 at 5:49 PM

posted at 4:00 pm on December 31, 2007 by Bryan

Thank you Bryan. It is sad to see people so self absorbed with their own agendas and hate that they fail to see that we are on the brink of some unknown mix of ideologies. Are we acting like a bunch of lemmings only to be led off to the internment camps of Halliburton. It is not inconceivable that the patriot act as it is written with other provisions could be used against American citizens labeled as an enemy. Now where did I put that foil hat?
Seriously LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE!

sonnyspats1 on December 31, 2007 at 6:15 PM

This we do not need. No thanks. She must be stopped.

Well said Bryan.

Yakko77 on December 31, 2007 at 6:17 PM

This smacks of Rand: From each according to their ability, and to each according to their need.

Spc Steve on December 31, 2007 at 6:19 PM

amerpundit on December 31, 2007 at 4:04 PM

OH MY! That is the scariest statement I have ever heard.

Aggie85 on December 31, 2007 at 7:06 PM

Stay out of my life! My ability is all I need. And I help enough others in the process, without you socialist witch.

Spc Steve, I channeled Ayn and she’s disgusted with Hillary :)

Entelechy on December 31, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Let’s see,if she was running around caves in Afganistan,
or passing out ammunition in Irag I might buy it!

Besides if she went into a corkscrew and survived,
then really what happened to Ron Brown,after all he was
on final opproach,and not spinning,I think!

canopfor on December 31, 2007 at 7:20 PM

But I’ll vote for any of them if I have to.

Professor Blather on December 31, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Bottom line.

IrishEyes on December 31, 2007 at 7:55 PM

Don’t worry people. There is good news: John Edwards will be the nominee. The bad news: you all probably dislike Edwards even more than you dislike Hillary. The worse news: John Edwards will be the next President.

A guy can hope, right?

sandman on December 31, 2007 at 7:57 PM

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can exist only until the voters discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy, always to be followed by a dictatorship.”

The above quote, attributed to Alexander Tytler (or Tyler) among others, is why Democrats will ultimately win all future elections, including this one. The fact that Hillary Clinton has a real chance to win the presidency is proof of the inherent truth of the quote.

my2cents on December 31, 2007 at 8:08 PM

FTA:….including a hair-raising flight into Bosnia that ended in a “corkscrew” landing and a sprint off the tarmac to dodge snipers.

Well, Hill, were you just lucky that you weren’t on the same flight out of that region as Ron Brown.

Oh Wait…. it wasn’t luck. You KNEW not to be on that airplane, didn’t you.

It is much more dangerous to be a ‘no longer useful’ Clinton associate, than it is to be a Rabbi preaching on the streets of Datta Kel, Waziristan.

LegendHasIt on December 31, 2007 at 8:09 PM

sprint off the tarmac to dodge snipers

In high heels and a pantsuit?

Resolute on December 31, 2007 at 8:10 PM

The nation’s children need parents before they need champions and heroes.

Jezla on December 31, 2007 at 9:01 PM

We need to rediscover the idea that we should look at ourselves as our champions; that our lives depend on us, the individual, to determine the life-affirming standards by which we’ll live and then to live by them. One cannot live through others. One can admire these values in others, and love a life filled with others to admire and share values with, but value in your life begins with the value you create for yourself.

Hillary does not know that man cannot live as part of some collective hive, and when some members reject the hive to live for themselves, she is happy to pick up a gun (the erstwhile “village”) and force them to submit.

Lazarus on December 31, 2007 at 9:44 PM

Spc Steve on December 31, 2007 at 6:19 PM

Ayn Rand didn’t say that, Marx did. Rand spent her entire life fighting that poison.

Lazarus on December 31, 2007 at 9:49 PM

You ain’t my mama

That loathesome toad in a pantsuit

“I don’t remember anyone offering me tea,” she quipped.

I believe that part

entagor on December 31, 2007 at 9:53 PM

The tool I want is GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR LIVES AND LET US DO WHAT WE WILL WITHOUT YOU AND YOUR GOVERNMENTS INTERFERANCE!!!

conservnut on December 31, 2007 at 10:24 PM

“I don’t remember anyone offering me tea,” she quipped.

Where in the world Is Carmen Sandiego?

Shy Guy on January 1, 2008 at 12:08 AM

fogw on December 31, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Why settle for only one tool when Hillary is offering us two: a hammer and a sickle.

logis on January 1, 2008 at 1:08 AM

Or, I dunno, maybe THIS GUY?

[John Smeaton] has spent months pointing out that he was not the only hero on the day; that he actually didn’t do very much….

“The most disrespectful thing I’ve ever seen was these people walking about with T-shirts blaming the American government for the attack,” he says. “Take that and shove it as far up your arse as you can get it.”

Can you imagine, in your wildest dreams, our self-proclaimed “champion” Hillary Clinton ever saying anything even remotely like the things a REAL hero is saying?

logis on January 1, 2008 at 1:15 AM

amerpundit on December 31, 2007 at 4:04 PM

He sounds related to this other Fulbright:

pedestrian on January 1, 2008 at 2:11 AM

Uh, I’m not so sure Sinbad is one to be highlighting as an Air Force Vet considering his Wiki tells us he was dishonorably discharged for getting has panties in a wad over not making the basketball team (and acting out by going constantly AWOL)…..not exactly a mature decision-maker there.

A boom-operator who gets PO’d over not making the basketball team? Something just doesn’t sound right there. I’d of been pissed off if I was the basketball player who didn’t make the boom-operator team!

I’ve had the rare opportunity to have orientation flights in both the KC-135 and the KC-10 and have been with the boom-operator both times. Absolutely awesome experiences…..basketball compared to that experience is exactly….a joke.

DonB on January 1, 2008 at 8:47 AM

From the link:

The dictum around the Oval Office in the ’90s, she added, was: “If a place was too dangerous, too poor or too small, send the first lady.”

Three guesses as to who issued that dictum.
First two don’t count.

soundingboard on January 1, 2008 at 9:02 AM

It’s Hillary , stupid.

soundingboard on January 1, 2008 at 9:09 AM

In two sentences, the Clinton Cult of Personality is laid bare.

soundingboard on January 1, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Pat Nixon (agruably the finest and truest lady ever to be First Lady) was spat upon and had bricks thrown at her during RN’s VP days. Does that mean Pat was qualified to be president? NO. But Pat was still a real lady, Hillary . . . not so much.

srhoades on January 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM

Hitlery can risk her life in her mind all she wants, let’s not allow her to risk ours by electing her to any public office.

MSGTAS on January 1, 2008 at 10:02 AM

“From each according to his ability to pay, to each according to what I decide is his needs”

drjohn on January 1, 2008 at 11:40 AM

What’s not clear is whether Sinbad or Crow were invited to the cockpit or had to brave it out in the unprotected rear.

LMAO

drjohn on January 1, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Love the comments. Always good to start the new year off with a hearty laugh.

Now, where is the YouTube vid with the James Bond soundtrack? Hillary eating the Breakfast of Champions (while they look helplessly on), diving off the tarmac for cover in Dubuque, holding Bhutto’s hand in Pakistan, standing up for Women in Tiananmen Square….

Forrest Gump in a pantsuit.

JM Hanes on January 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM

I meant to add that of all the people named as being on that flight with Hillary, the one who’s most qualified to be president is Sinbad.

It would be quite a promotion from Secret Service agent to U.S. President, but the choice is still infinitely preferable to Hillary.

Captain Scarlet on January 1, 2008 at 10:11 PM

sprint off the tarmac to dodge snipers

Serpentine, Hildog, serpentine!

BDavis on January 2, 2008 at 12:02 AM

1) The correct form is for someone else to declare you a hero, and you are to deny with “awww, shucks no, I was just doin’ my job/what anyone would do” or words to that effect.

The worst form is to declare yourself a hero.

2) The “tea” thing wasn’t a quip, it was a flub.

Merovign on January 2, 2008 at 3:16 PM