Video: Hillary cackles about being a mistrusted political figure

posted at 4:18 pm on December 30, 2007 by Bryan

Why is Hillary Clinton such a mistrusted person? It could be because everything about her, from her marriage to her preferences in baseball to every single vote she casts and every single word she says, appears calculated and contrived rather than real. It could be because she wants to claim anything positive from her husband’s years as president but wants to fence off discussion of anything negative from those same years. It could be because there are so many mysteries about her years in the White House, from the Rose law firm records to the FBI files to Travelgate, that directly point at her involvement but have never really been answered.

Or it could be that she consistently reacts unnaturally to environmental stimuli. There’s nothing funny about the question that her once and perhaps future minion asks her in this segment. But she cackles in response as though she’s been attacked with a feather duster. Except that I’m not sure that would induce an honest to goodness laugh out of her.

The latest cackle, isolated.

It’s not quite as inhuman as the last Hillacackle I caught, but it’s still spine chilling. It ain’t human, I tell ya.

Comments

Sounds kinda mechanical. Maybe she’s a robot?

stonemeister on December 30, 2007 at 4:29 PM

I guess George Stephinopolis aint scared shed can ruin him like he once was.

It must have been wonderful for him to say that to her face.
lifted from hench.net

As first lady, Hillary Clinton had a habit of raging at even senior White House aides, hurling personal insults designed to belittle and humiliate them in front of their colleagues, according to former White House Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers.

Myers lifted the lid on Mrs. Clinton’s long-rumored nasty temper in an amazingly candid interview for a joint production of ABC’s Nightline and PBS’s Frontline, which gathered the accounts of twenty former White House staffers to commemorate the end of the Clinton years.

One vivid example cited by Myers was the internal administration debate over how to handle Whitewater. Myers, George Stephanopoulos and several others in the meeting favored turning all documents from the Clintons’ controversial land deal over to the Washington Post.

But when Mrs. Clinton entered the room and demanded to know what was going on, everybody “clammed up.”

“Mrs. Clinton wanted to know what was going on and she looked at George,” reports Myers. “And George began to make the argument that we’d all been making and nobody backed him up. Nobody backed him up. Everyone just sat there and let George take the beating, you know.

“And Mrs. Clinton got really angry,” said Myers. “She attacked George, which everyone knew was coming, which is why I guess nobody was willing to ride in there to the rescue. … Here were 12 people in the room who all basically agreed and only one of them was willing to stand up and tell her what she had asked. And that took a lot of courage.”

TheSitRep on December 30, 2007 at 4:31 PM

She could be a villian in the Batman series
The Cackler

Beto Ochoa on December 30, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Wow! This woman is nothing but political. It is who she is. There is nothing deeper. She’s not hiding. That is who she is. She does not pause to calculate a response. She just reacts with political rhetoric. I am convinced that’s how she thinks. That’s her inner monologue. She probably dreams interviews with the media. She needs help.

ronsfi on December 30, 2007 at 4:42 PM

Maybe she should release her medical records. She could blame the prescriptions. Happy pills?

Zorro on December 30, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Maybe she should ask one of her relatives to live in a hut in Africa so she can have foreign affairs experience.

pedestrian on December 30, 2007 at 4:45 PM

She is one Cold Hard Biatch

Dirthead on December 30, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Chickens across America are jealous.

csdeven on December 30, 2007 at 4:48 PM

Hillary cackles…Pretty much says it all………..

doriangrey on December 30, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Cackle chain of events:

1. While listening to serious, negative question, begin the internal/external smile that would build to “cackle”

2. Cackle (to buy time for #3)

3. Connect the decrescendo of cackle to an ad hominem or sometimes strawman.

4. Continue on with completely unrelated self-promotion for 1-2 minutes

5. Repeat (while hoping that #4 dominates the entire interview)

nottakingsides on December 30, 2007 at 4:55 PM

Hillary laughs because she finds life so joyous.

Halley on December 30, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Her whole adult life has been prep for this moment in time, it really is all that she is and she is ,IMHO, evil personified. No morals or ethical base, just win the POTUS at all costs, no matter what happens to the country or its people. She is all about her and her alone. Bill was just her beard, his useful period is coming to a close,too.

bbz123 on December 30, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Good God, what’s wrong with her? She laughs as though the idea of her being unlikeable is absurd, yet the cackle cements her unlikeability.

How can she be so blind?

Kensington on December 30, 2007 at 5:05 PM

God help us.

Griz on December 30, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Bill was just her beard, his useful period is coming to a close,too.

Ha ha! If this were a horror movie, we’d be able to look forward to the scene where she bites his head off on election night after winning the presidency.

Kensington on December 30, 2007 at 5:07 PM

I dare you … hit the replay button again and again. MADNESS, SHEER MADNESS….

warriorlawyer on December 30, 2007 at 5:10 PM

I see Cackles was preaching at a church today.

Convenient how the Clintons find religion when it suits them.

JammieWearingFool on December 30, 2007 at 5:12 PM

The latest cackle, isolated.

This is really substantive stuff!

Yoosaion on December 30, 2007 at 5:16 PM

“I can’t blame her for laughing off the accusation that she’s more distrusted than Nixon. What else should she do?”

If she had any sense of decency or love for this country she would recuse herself.Ain’t gonna happen I know but she will cause damage win or lose. She can’t help herself.

bbz123 on December 30, 2007 at 5:28 PM

She could be a villian in the Batman series
The Cackler

Beto Ochoa on December 30, 2007 at 4:40 PM

yeah, i’ve been learning photoshop specifically to put her in a catwoman like outfit with laughing teeth all over it, im gonna call her the cackler…..

jojostan on December 30, 2007 at 5:34 PM

I keep hearing that song that says, “she’s as cold as ice”. Brrrrrr!

SouthernGent on December 30, 2007 at 6:07 PM

A presidential candidate has to come across as warm, approachable, and concerned about the welfare of the nation and its citizens. Hillary is none of that so she has to fake it. It’s easy to steal cookie recipes, pretend to care about her child, or script “spontaneous” vaction moments so the press could see how much she and Bill love one another despite the fact he’s screwing interns young enough to be their daughter.

It’s far different when on the campaign trail with a public that is very skeptical of the Clintons to begin with. I think that screeching speech Hllary is more akin to the real woman than the cackling Hillary. She just doesn’t connect with real people- never has and never will. I can only imagine the high-pitched cackles that will occur if Hillary actually gets the nomination is going have to go mano-y-mano against another candidate*

*my prediction is Obama or Edwards will be the eventual “rat” nominee.

highhopes on December 30, 2007 at 6:09 PM

Terrorists blow up a warship…Cackle
Terrorists blow up the Golden Gate bridge…Cackle cackle
Terrorists blow up the Senate…Cackle cackle cackle
Terrorists dirty bomb New York…Cackle cackle cackle cackle

Speakup on December 30, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Yoosaion on December 30, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Stop acting like a reptile maybe? but, then again, I want honesty, so since she is a reptile, maybe she shouldn’t. Wow, she is screwed either way, I feel sorry for her.

trubble on December 30, 2007 at 6:27 PM

The more I see and hear her, the more convinced I am she needs help. Serious, mental help. Her delusions will harm the nation.

CrimsonFisted on December 30, 2007 at 6:37 PM

If she doesn’t make it she’ll have to be interned. Five psychologists and one psychiatrist, at a minimum…The country knows it, and won’t elect her.

Entelechy on December 30, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Yoosaion on December 30, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Interesting you left off “polarizing”. The way the question and quote were worded was sensible, expected, and she should be ready for questions on the topic of distrust, polarization, and whatever comparisons are made.

Cackling is just stupid and transparent to most.

nottakingsides on December 30, 2007 at 6:53 PM

She’s laughing at the mention of Peggy Noonan’s name. She probably didn’t even listen to the question. Liberals are like that.

Jaynie59 on December 30, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Can you say N.P.D.
They should have confronted her, the worst thing you can do is not confront a narcissist.
Now, years later she’s a validated narcissist.
Such a great choice for Pres. just what we need is an abusing bone head who changes her mind every nanosecond.

Speakup on December 30, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Go Fred!

ronsfi on December 30, 2007 at 7:23 PM

Yoosaion on December 30, 2007 at 5:16 PM

She might have tried answering the question, for one. Laughing and then reciting part of her stump speech is just insulting to the listener. That point has been the major knock against her from the beginning, so she ought to have a human sounding answer written for her by now.

pedestrian on December 30, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Though he represents himself to be farther left than her, and I disagree with him on almost every issue, how come I’d vote for Obama a gazillion times before I’d ever vote for Hillary?

Because I think he’s an honorable (and principled and patriotic) person, and she’s NOT. Hillary is out for Hillary. Hillary’s ambition is for history to show her as the president who transformed America into France (or worse). And did it such that the transformation could never be reversed.

Noonan is right. I instinctively distrust her, down to the smallest bone in my body.

petefrt on December 30, 2007 at 7:33 PM

8 years of this. imagine.

lorien1973 on December 30, 2007 at 7:37 PM

I’m not sure what’s worse her cackle,or the cozy
interview with George Steppy,after all they were
and are on the same team,and don’t tell me George
isn’t doing any campaigning on Hillary’s behalf
right out of ABC’s studio office!

canopfor on December 30, 2007 at 7:45 PM

Giggles Rodham Clinton.

petefrt on December 30, 2007 at 7:49 PM

I keep hearing that song that says, “she’s as cold as ice”. Brrrrrr!

SouthernGent on December 30, 2007 at 6:07 PM

Interesting you should say that. I keep hearing Hall and Oates’ “Maneater.”

inviolet on December 30, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Just think about this;
We have seen and heard from this psychotic buffoon for 16 years but she has saved this excruciating cackle just for this election.

UHG!

TheSitRep on December 30, 2007 at 8:25 PM

I don’t like this attacking people’s laughs, including Hilary’s laugh. I have a fairly distinctive laugh myself. It could be called a cackle. And I’m sure we could find much more pure conservatives than me with weird laughs.

thuja on December 30, 2007 at 9:43 PM

Jaynie59 on December 30, 2007 at 6:57 PM

In fairness here, Hillary already knew where the question was going once she knew that she was going to be asked about Noonan’s article. Hillary would have been extensively coached and have a prepared answer for all the substantive points. She was probably cackling to show that she dismissed the entire article…..

or because she was relieved that she wasn’t going to be asked about the disappearance of the carpet in Vince Foster’s office. ;-0

highhopes on December 30, 2007 at 9:50 PM

If she doesn’t have the guts to face O’Reilly just exactly how the hell can she be expected to have the guts to face Osama?

She still doesn’t have what it takes to show even Bill the gate.

Speakup on December 30, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Found this in Drudge…

“Do you think your dad would be a good ‘first man’ in the White House?” Sydney asked, but Chelsea brushed her question aside.

“I’m sorry, I don’t talk to the press and that applies to you, unfortunately. Even though I think you’re cute,” Chelsea told the pint-sized journalist.

Guess the daughter doesn’t talk either. Check her photo out there. We need a poll, is Chelsea Good Looking Or Ugly .

StuLongIsland on December 30, 2007 at 11:37 PM

She still doesn’t have what it takes to show even Bill the gate.

Speakup on December 30, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Why would anyone not want to face O’Reilly? I don’t watch him every night so I may be wrong, but the only people he goes after (that I’ve seen) are nobodies. He pretty much sucks up to anyone of any importance who comes on his show. He seems proud of the fact that he DOESN’T go after people who come on his show.

That’s my impression. Could be wrong.

Jaynie59 on December 31, 2007 at 12:02 AM

That question he was asking was alluding to Peggy Noonan’s reason for not electing Clinton, which is a VERY GOOD reason:

My central problem is that the next American president will very likely face another big bad thing, a terrible day, or days, and in that time it will be crucial–crucial–that our nation be led by a man or woman who can be, at least for the moment and at least in general, trusted. Mrs. Clinton is the most dramatically polarizing, the most instinctively distrusted, political figure of my lifetime. Yes, I include Nixon. Would she be able to speak the nation through the trauma? I do not think so. And if I am right, that simple fact would do as much damage to America as the terrible thing itself.

Imagine Hillary Clinton as President, and 9-11 happens, as the Oklahoma bombing did for Bill, and then seeing them blame “extreme right wing elements” for it.

Sydney Carton on December 31, 2007 at 12:18 AM

Jaynie59 on December 31, 2007 at 12:02 AM

I was basically portraying Hillary’s lack of character and courage but there’s no good reason Hillary doesn’t appear on O’Reilly other than not enough guts.

Speakup on December 31, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Senator Clinton, where are the jobs you promised NYS? Ohhh…that’s right, that wasn’t really your job because we need to understand your dislike for black flies. I’d like to smack upside the face people who think her stint breathing in NY counts for experience.

Connie on December 31, 2007 at 1:00 AM

I see Cackles was preaching at a church today.

Convenient how the Clintons find religion when it suits them.

JammieWearingFool on December 30, 2007 at 5:12 PM

Heh- Great name, Jamie. I love the name Cackles because it sums Hillary up so well. That will be my moniker for her for the remainder of this test we, the American people, are going through. The test is whether we are total fools or not….

From the article you cite:

The New York senator also highlighted a chapter in her book, “It Takes a Village,” that talks about every child needing a champion. She said most children have someone in that role and she’d like to fulfill it for the whole country.

“I think the American people need a president who is their champion. And I’ve been running to be that champion—to get up every single day and do all that I can to make sure I provide the tools that every single American is entitled to receive and make the most out of their own lives,” Clinton said.

And with that, she hurried out.

The Rev. James Green took a poke at the just-departed Clinton as he began his sermon.

“When I first got here I was a little overwhelmed. All the dignitaries came in,” he said. “I thought they were going to stay for service, but they’re still campaigning.”

Earlier this year, Democratic candidate Barack Obama also joined the mostly black congregation.

He, too, left early.

SOME OBSERVATIONS:
1. How appropriate that it was Corinthinan Baptist! LOL
2. Imagine Hillary as your “champion”. Champion? Can you imagine George Washington saying such a thing? Thomas Jefferson? I want to be the people’s “champion”. It takes your breath away, the chutzpah! She can’t even run her own life, how is she going to be the “champion” for ours, and who asked her anyway? Let us be our own champions, thank you very much.
3. What are the tools that she speaks of? Universal Health Care, the rest of the “gifts” she spread out under the Christmas tree? Gifts that she wants to give but not pay for?

Pray that the wheels come off of Cackles’ campaign. I can’t take 4 years of this. She’ll make Jimmah Cartuh look like he deserves Mt. Rushmore by the time she is through with the Village.

gajaw999 on December 31, 2007 at 6:02 AM

The cackle is identical in pitch of the Wicked Witch from the “Wizard of Oz”.

So let’s not follow her down the yellow brick road because the “Wizard of Oz” is played by ‘Wild Bill’ enticing little girls into his Oral Office.

MSGTAS on December 31, 2007 at 8:07 AM

Interesting you should say that. I keep hearing Hall and Oates’ “Maneater.”

No that song is reserved for Monica

malkinmania on December 31, 2007 at 8:51 AM

Cankle Cackle

Wade on December 31, 2007 at 9:23 AM

Bryan, You missed Hillary Clinton’s biggest whopper. That was her claim (and she made this claim for years as did Bill) that Hillary was named after Sir Edmund Hillary, who made the first summit of Mount Everest. One problem with that tall tale. Hillary was born in either 1947 or 1948 and Sir Edmund did not summit Mt. Everest until 1953. Yet nobody in the MSM ever asks her about this obvious lie. As for Bill, perhaps the biggest lie that he ever made was his claim after John F. Kennedy, Jr. died in the plane crash back in 1999 that he (Bill Clinton) was the first president to invite John F. Kennedy Jr. back to the White House since JFK died and how important this visit was to John F. Kennedy, Jr. Clinton’s claim was an absolute lie. President Nixon had invited John, Jr. and Caroline back to the White House during the Nixon administration and both John and Caroline had a nice visit with the Nixons. And CSpan recently showed a video of John and Caroline having a nice visit with President Reagan in the oval office during the Reagan administration. Even in the most sad occasions and amidst great tragedy, the Clintons will lie and embellish. To the Clintons, there is no occasion in which a lie is inappropriate. I mention these two lies to point out the serial nature of the Clintons’ lying. When you lie about items like these, where a lie is utterly unnecessary, it shows an almost pathological streak in the people lying.
What is even more scary is that despite what we know about the Clintons’ lying, Hillary will likely eke out a win in Iowa and then the MSM will trumpet the “comeback kid” story and Hillary is all but assured of being our next president.

Larraby on December 31, 2007 at 10:46 AM

With all the talk of Bush Derangement Syndrome that I hear, pretty much everything about this thread proves that Hillary Derangement Syndrome thrives just as much.

Please, attack her on the issues. Don’t throw away your credibility by calling her “evil personified,” a witch, or–for the love of God–posting videos of her isolated “cackles.”

Yoosaion on December 31, 2007 at 12:01 PM

well, go ahead and cackle Hill. Laugh right in the face of the voters. See where that gets you. Not in the White House I pray.

johnnyU on December 31, 2007 at 12:49 PM

Terrorists blow up a warship…Cackle
Terrorists blow up the Golden Gate bridge…Cackle cackle
Terrorists blow up the Senate…Cackle cackle cackle
Terrorists dirty bomb New York…Cackle cackle cackle cackle

Speakup on December 30, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Terrorists blow up the Clinton White House…………

ricelchew on December 31, 2007 at 6:23 PM

I was shocked when I read that: Stephanopoulos asked Hillary Clinton an unapproved question?

But then I watched the clip. No; Hillary’s response was the furthest thing from spontaneous. That quote, and her answer to it, were not only scripted, but diligently rehearsed. That was the smoothest she has ever acted in response to anything remotely like criticism.

Still creepy, but that is the best she will ever be able to do.

logis on December 31, 2007 at 11:20 PM

TheSitRep on December 30, 2007 at 4:31 PM

That fact that Stephanopoulos actually stated his honest opinion doesn’t exactly make him a Medal of Honor winner. It says more about the rest of those limp-wristed losers than it does him.

And it says even more about Hillary: She treats her “advisers” like sock puppets. Oh yeah, she’s going to be able to figure out Middle Eastern terrorism just fine with that kind of intelligence-gathering process.

logis on January 1, 2008 at 9:01 AM