Video: The obligatory “Bhutto says Omar Sheikh killed Osama” post

posted at 5:52 pm on December 28, 2007 by Allahpundit

Even Rusty’s treating this crap semi-credulously so I guess I’m obliged to post on it. Watch it and see what you think. The fact that she mentions it so casually, en passant, and uses a word that’s freighted with moral condemnation like “murdered” instead of “killed” makes me strongly suspect she meant to say Sheikh murdered Daniel Pearl but because she was lost in her train of thought about the jihadis who wanted to take her out she thoughtlessly substituted Osama instead. Do note that Sheikh’s been in Pakistani custody since February 2002, so if he did any Osama-killin’ it would have had to have happened before then. And yet in this article from October 2007, written just one month before the interview with David Frost that’s embedded below, she talks about going after Osama either in partnership with America or solo. Which means either she simply misspoke during her chat with Frost or she had secret knowledge that Osama had been dead for six years, knew who killed him, and let it slip nonchalantly here after having expertly guarded the information for so long. Truthers will find one of those two possibilities more probable than the other. I find differently.

Nice job by Frost, though, in tuning out so completely and failing to ask a follow-up question that now will never be answered.

Comments

Just be thankful that she didn’t say “Obama” instead.

rw on December 28, 2007 at 5:59 PM

Frost seemed to have pulled a Larry King and fallen asleep in the middle of the interview. And yeah, she pretty obviously misspoke here, but read the YouTube comments to see what kind of effect even a slip of the tongue can have these days.

Bryan on December 28, 2007 at 6:09 PM

I’m guessing she meant “Omar Sheikh murdered FOR Osama bin Laden.”

Vizzini on December 28, 2007 at 6:16 PM

I’m guessing she meant “Omar Sheikh murdered FOR Osama bin Laden.”

agree.

lan astaslem on December 28, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Totally misspoke. Had she actually meant it, it would mean that, if she knows about it, gobs of others do, too. And that piece of news would spreak like wildfire.

My money’s on OBL long dead and feeding the rats in Waziristan. But offed by his own guys? Nah.

thejackal on December 28, 2007 at 6:26 PM

I sent this tip in hours ago. Finally it’s getting some coverage even without the Hotel Tango.

df4jc on December 28, 2007 at 6:53 PM

Benazir Bhutto said this about Hillary Clinton in an interview in September …

Q: “Why do you think that the U.S. seems to have a harder time with women at the highest level of power than other countries?”

A: “In a country like Pakistan or India, when a charismatic leader dies, people are not sure that the traditions he symbolized will continue—there’s a lot of illiteracy and there isn’t the same access to information. So they tend to transfer allegiance from a male leader to a female descendant, in the hope that his policies will be continued. But in Westernized societies, it’s a little different, because people have greater education and greater access to information—they don’t have the same need to be sure of the message of the leader.”…

I prefer this interview.

sonnyspats1 on December 28, 2007 at 7:00 PM

I say this… put OSAMA on the ticket now, then after he runs, gets elected, etc. kill him. He’s bound to show up, right?

johnnyU on December 28, 2007 at 7:43 PM

thejackal on December 28, 2007 at 6:26 PM

If he is dead and our troops find the scum-bags body the troops should stuff a BBQ Pork sandwich in his mouth and shoot him a couple times just to be sure he’s dead.

I’m on the fence as far as if the biach is dead or not, on one hand I hope he is taking a dirt nap and on the other I hope he’s still alive so our brave men and women in uniform can capture or kill (prefer kill) the uber-scum!

Liberty or Death on December 28, 2007 at 8:14 PM

Day-vid just wasn’t listening. My guess is that she misspoke and meant someone else.

Mojave Mark on December 28, 2007 at 8:43 PM

I kept waiting for the follow-up on that and it never came. How can you not ask her to clarify that statement?

Asher on December 28, 2007 at 9:05 PM

Watch it and see what you think.

She mis-spoke.

Zorro on December 28, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Why do we immediately think she misspoke?

Keeping the legend (Osama) alive keeps the act of murder in the name of Allah legitimate and allows terror to continue.

Speaking the truth is a deadly sin in the Islamic culture and I believe she is speaking the truth because she had the opposition shaking in their boots.

MSGTAS on December 29, 2007 at 8:45 AM

The conspiracy theory out there is that Bhutto told the truth and that is why she was killed in Pakistan by the CIA. Frost knew better and kept his mouth shut.

Ropera on December 29, 2007 at 3:39 PM