Video: “Future”

posted at 8:56 am on December 28, 2007 by Bryan

Team Romney has released a new ad. It starts off positive before throwing a punch or two in drawing distinctions between Mitt and John McCain. It should serve to remind GOP primary voters in New Hampshire that McCain isn’t exactly the most loyal Republican in the bunch.

Comments

Quote of the day from McCain this morning on Fox

Deucy “How do you respond to Mitt Romneys new ad attacking you on these issues?”

McCain “Well I have been in a lot of tailspins in my life and Mitts in one”

Very. Well. Done.

broker1 on December 28, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Mitt’s in a tailspin? I don’t think so! According to Hugh Hewitt, he’s surging!

krabbas on December 28, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Why does nobody want to talk about the ‘Keating Five’ ?
Not only is this guy NOT a republican, he has ethics stains on his resume. (Thats RES-U-MAY)

OBX Pete on December 28, 2007 at 9:10 AM

There is a difference.

Yep. One’s a RINO with money, one’s a RINO with cajones.
They’re both still RINO’s.

edgehead on December 28, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Reagan would piss on the far right of today for how they are destroying the party…Reagan knew how to get what he wanted and it wasn’t through destruction of his party.

tomas on December 28, 2007 at 9:13 AM

With all due respect to the GOP primary voters in the People’s republic of New Hampshire- McCain is not electable on the national level. He’s been a sneaky and shifty little bastard who has betrayed core principles of the GOP base. He’s the one who introduced the campaign finance reform that gave rise to George Soros and the “General Betray Us” form of activism. He’s against school choice and for granting carte blanche amnesty to illegals without any real penalty. He spent the first four years of the current Bush administration being a sore loser.

All of this doesn’t “even out” because McCain’s head is in the right place on the issue of GWOT because, usually, McCain’s head is in a far darker place south of the waistline when it comes to the important issues.

highhopes on December 28, 2007 at 9:17 AM

highhopes on December 28, 2007 at 9:17 AM

Well put.

Brass Pair on December 28, 2007 at 9:20 AM

Why does nobody want to talk about the ‘Keating Five’ ?

OBX Pete on December 28, 2007 at 9:10 AM

I’ve mentioned it a couple of times, just don’t have the knowledge to unpack it.

RushBaby on December 28, 2007 at 9:27 AM

I respect John McCain and am grateful for his service to our country during the Vietnam War. If you have never been to the National Naval Aviation Museum located on Pensacola Naval Air Station you should plan a visit. Located within, at least during the numerous visits I’ve made, is a mock up of a cell from the infamous Hoa Lo (Hanoi Hilton) prison and a display of some personal belongings of our POW’s including parts of John McCain’s helmet. He suffered a great deal for our country and deserves our respect and gratitude.

John McCain is not a conservative nor is he a reliable moderate Republican. His nickname of Maverick is well deserved, especially during this President’s term. As we discussed in numerous other threads here at Hot Air and at Michelle’s signature site, McCain would get my vote only as a last resort. If it’s McCain vs any democrap, he will get my vote.

The candidates on the GOP side are completely underwhelming but any of them (except Paul) would be better than the socialist democraps.

Ronald Reagan is dead (May God Rest his Soul). There is no one to carry on his legacy.

Zorro on December 28, 2007 at 9:30 AM

John McCain’s push to give social security to illegal aliens makes my stomach turn. How can anybody who cares about our country vote for this scummy politician?

Zetterson on December 28, 2007 at 9:33 AM

Why does nobody want to talk about the ‘Keating Five’ ?

OBX Pete on December 28, 2007 at 9:10 AM

I don’t know any of the details. Can you fill me in on some of the bullet points?

Zetterson on December 28, 2007 at 9:34 AM

So says a RHINO…hehe..whatever!

Realize that you are saying Reagan a fella who campaigned against a sitting President from his own party because he was not conservative enough would like you RHINOS. Keep believing…

McCain is a disaster.

PierreLegrand on December 28, 2007 at 9:43 AM

Zorro on December 28, 2007 at 9:30 AM

I don’t think anyone is suggesting otherwise but it doesn’t follow that suffering for one’s country makes them the best choice for President. I respect McCain’s military service but that doesn’t mean he should be leading the nation. Since Vietnam, McCain’s proven himself to be on the wrong side of a whole slate of issues. His rabid support of amnesty and suggestions that MY views on illegal aliens were “unpatriotic” were distasteful no matter how many months McCain was a POW.

P.S. I second you opinion of the National Naval Aviation Museum. The campground nearby is one of my favorite weekend “getaways” I find something new everytime I go in the NNAM.

highhopes on December 28, 2007 at 9:57 AM

Mark Levin on Keating Five

RushBaby on December 28, 2007 at 9:41 AM

Thanks RB – who better to explain it than Mark Levin?

OBX Pete on December 28, 2007 at 10:02 AM

This is a nice ad. It’s factual and clear. Considering McCain’s rambling response on Fox, it’s clear that Mitt out-politicked John on this one.

csdeven on December 28, 2007 at 10:11 AM

McCain = working with Kennedy to help illegals, McCain-Feingold, Keating 5, Gang of 14, questionable mental stability, and NO vote from me.

davenp35 on December 28, 2007 at 10:21 AM

I think Romney nailed some prime points there.

deepdiver on December 28, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Zetterson on December 28, 2007 at 9:33 AM

Welcome to the club. And you can bet if he gets the nomination, the Democrats and MSM (but I repeat myself) will, without irony, hammer him mercilessly over that vote. If he runs against Hillary, even if she voted for the same thing, the media will never ask her about it, and if McVain brings it up, they’ll quickly change the subject.

thirteen28 on December 28, 2007 at 11:22 AM

tomas on December 28, 2007 at 9:13 AM

tomas, what about the far right would Reagan “piss on”? Thats quite a charge. I’m unsurprised that, as usual, your mindless statements have absolutely nothing to back them up. Now answer some questions so we can get to the heart of what you are talking about:
1). What do you separate yourself from the beliefs of the far right? In other words what do they believe that you do not?
2). If Reagan were alive today and running for POTUS, where would he separate himself from the far right?

Zetterson on December 28, 2007 at 12:37 PM

Zetterson on December 28, 2007 at 12:37 PM

That was written poorly. Allow me to re-state:

1). On what issues do you and the “far right” disagree?
2). On what issues would Ronald Reagan and the “far right” disagree?

Zetterson on December 28, 2007 at 12:39 PM

I will say this once again. I wouldn’t vote for McCain under ANY circumstances. I detest Hillary, but I’d sooner trust her than the back-stabbing McVain.

tickleddragon on December 28, 2007 at 2:09 PM

What Johnnie doesn’t seem to grasp (not truly anyway) is that when it comes to immigration he differs from 200 plus million Americans.

Speakup on December 28, 2007 at 4:04 PM