Video: CNN International reports on progress in Iraq

posted at 3:06 pm on December 28, 2007 by Bryan

For about four years I lived in Japan and would often see CNN-I in hotels and whatnot. CNN-I almost makes US domestic CNN look like Fox News. It skews hard to the left, plays up anti-American agitprop from reporters all over the world and is generally not a very friendly network to US interests. That background should put this report into some perspective.

(h/t Paul)

Comments

The flying pigs have left the hanger.

RobCon on December 28, 2007 at 3:14 PM

SWEET! Take that, Murtha, Reid, Pelosi!!

tickleddragon on December 28, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Yep, it was a pig that just flew by my window. I wonder what will happen in 2008?

tarpon on December 28, 2007 at 3:30 PM

My first thought(sadly) is “What’s their angle?” Why are they reporting this?

MadisonConservative on December 28, 2007 at 3:36 PM

…….and all the democrats said…………let’s moveon…….

subbottomfeeder on December 28, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Ted Turner, Mr CNN, said he couldn’t decide whose side he was on in the Iraqi war. I am surprised they acknowledged anything favorable to the American military at all.

volsense on December 28, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Wow, if the War in Iraq becomes a political asset to the republicans the entire political landscape in 08 will be alterred dramatically. Win/win for us. Lose/lose for the Dems. Win/win for the country.

Zetterson on December 28, 2007 at 3:44 PM

I go to Europe quite a bit on business, and generally end up with CNN-I or BBC World for English-language news. Bryan’s being too kind to them in his intro here, and that’s what makes this piece of reporting so surprising and is enough to make me wonder if maybe, just maybe we’re at a tipping point, both in Iraq and world opinion.

flipflop on December 28, 2007 at 3:47 PM

That had to hurt, and the expressions in the newsroom just afterwards were mildly satisfying. There needs to be a fair and balanced international network out there. CNNI and the BBC have done incredible damage over the years.

Aardvark on December 28, 2007 at 3:54 PM

The flying pigs have left the hanger.

I hope that they are really flying pigs, and not just pork thrown around by Congress.

Speaking of CNN-I, I was in Scotland in 1998 when I saw a report showing an Asian man meeting Bill Clinton, and saying “Mr. Riady sent me.” I never saw any such Clinton-inciminating report on domestic CNN.

Bigfoot on December 28, 2007 at 4:05 PM

United States Foreign Policy caused this to happen. /anti-paultard

jp on December 28, 2007 at 4:08 PM

This is CNN?

Soon you’ll see Hillary ads bragging about her war vate.

TheSitRep on December 28, 2007 at 4:21 PM

darn it.

TheSitRep on December 28, 2007 at 4:21 PM

Drip, drip…Messrs Murtha/Reid’s pants.

Entelechy on December 28, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Drip, drip…Messrs Murtha/Reid’s pants.

Entelechy on December 28, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Very good, dear…but you should point out that it’s just faster dripping with this news, doddering old fools that they are.

Patrick S on December 28, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Isn’t the new budget stuffed with so much pork and concessions to the Dems that they were basically bought off. Another point where is all the misappropriated money going from Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. We are in the billions for unaccounted for bucks. Is this why the new reports on Irans nuclear ambitions have been white washed by the beasts at the UN. How many weapons have ben bought with this money? How many polititians have been bought as well. We are financing our own demise. You know what? Republican(capitalists)fascism-Democrat(communists)totalitarianism it doesn’t matter at this point the NWO is here and the U.S.A.is destined for extinction. I’m just glad to have lived in the aftermath of WWII. The boomers were the most priveleged society in the history of the planet.

sonnyspats1 on December 28, 2007 at 8:49 PM

Odd. My BBC World and CNN-”I” must be different to yours, then.

And FNC is just getting more hopeless. It’s like what MTV is like these days – that is to say, there’s less and less ‘M’ on the channel.

Reaps on December 28, 2007 at 9:28 PM

How many polititians have been bought as well…

sonnyspats1 on December 28, 2007 at 8:49 PM

Sonny, what’s a ‘polititian?’

MsUnderestimated on December 29, 2007 at 1:09 AM

MsUnderestimated on December 29, 2007 at 1:09 AM

C’mon you can do better than that.

sonnyspats1 on December 29, 2007 at 3:08 AM