Huck claims John Bolton as a foreign policy adviser. That’s news to John Bolton. Updated: “…no foreign policy credential…”

posted at 6:58 pm on December 28, 2007 by Bryan

I didn’t want to write yet another blast at Huckabee, honest. Like the movie says, I keep trying to get out but he just keeps pulling me back in. Over and over and over again.

And again. Oops! Huck did it again…

A few weeks back, Mike Huckabee touted Frank Gaffney among his foreign policy advisers. Gaffney is a serious guy. He’d be an asset to any campaign. But Gaffney was eventually asked about this purported relationship to the Arkansan, and responded memorably:

GAFFNEY: I think that’s cockamamie.

More recently, Huckabee has also claimed that former Ambassador John Bolton is among his advisers. Bolton would also be a great asset to any candidate. Perhaps Huckabee was trying to earn my vote? Whatever the case is, like Gaffney, Bolton was asked about this and responds memorably.

In recent days, Mike Huckabee has tried to answer long-standing questions about who is on his foreign policy team. On Friday morning, he listed former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton as someone with whom he either has “spoken or will continue to speak.”

At a Thursday evening press conference, Huckabee said, “I’ve corresponded with John Bolton, who’s agreed to work with us on developing foreign policy.”

Bolton, however, has a different view. “I’d be happy to speak with Huckabee, but I haven’t spoken with him yet,” said Bolton, now a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington.

“I’m not an official or unofficial adviser to anyone,” said Bolton, who mentioned he’d had conversations with other Republican candidates but refused to name any names.

So now that we know who isn’t advising Huckabee on foreign policy — twice now — perhaps at some point we’ll learn who actually is advising him. I’m not sure that asking Huckabee who his advisers are is the best way to find out who his advisers are.

Update: Not much I can add to this. No siree.

huck-nforeignpolicy.png

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

The ones which run (no idea why).

They are old Swabian-German cookies (my father’s family was Swabian from Stuttgart and left there for Transylvania under Maria Theresia – she wanted to keep the loyalties of the non-Catholics and transplanted lots of them to previously non-arable lands, which she gave to them).

They are not easy to make and must be started about 3 weeks ahead of desired eating time. Must have forms, a good recipe and patience.

What would Huckabee say? That they must be a religious recipe.

Entelechy on December 30, 2007 at 3:08 AM

I kind of remember my grandmother just letting them sit over night, maybe 18 hours? I have no patience and let them stand for about an hour or two.

MB4 on December 30, 2007 at 3:15 AM

stand over night before baking

MB4 on December 30, 2007 at 3:16 AM

In cooking it’s not so exact, one can improvise. In baking all is extremely exact and no deviations are indicated. As is, much can go wrong.

It is past midnight even for us and nothing will do you more good than a good restful sleep. Dream of Springerle, get well, so you can ‘fight’ some more tomorrow. Gute Nacht und traeum suess.

Don’t let the Huckabee nightmares disturb you.

Entelechy on December 30, 2007 at 3:20 AM

MB4: it’s breathing in the hot steam that helps to clear out your respiratory track from head to chest. Take a long, hot steaming shower with the hot water hitting your forehead and crown; breath in that hot steam. If you’re lucky enough to have a sauna, steam away. The hot salt water works well. You can gargle hot salt water to help the throat heal, or snort it through the sinus passage to clean and heal your tissue. The hot herbal tea is great stuff. I’ve been using citrus leaf, orange rind, apple peel, cinnamon stick & cloves to concoct my own organic tea with cranberry juice. Whatever you do, stay off the carbonated drinks & beer that inflame the sinus problems. My grampy used to have gumwhackum made of the finest hard liquor that would set you ablaze (whisky & gum guiac). Hot toddies are more civilized. Cover your throat while healing, and cover your head outdoors. Contact the maid (get in touch with your feminine side?) to clean the linens and household surfaces to speed up your recovery.

I’ve exhausted y’all by now, and the sun hasn’t yet risen.

Get well soon!

maverick muse on December 30, 2007 at 8:01 AM

Dang, then don’t use a towel,
Entelechy on December 30, 2007 at 2:42 AM

My wifes breasts have always worked for me when steaming the nasal passages out. It’s productive AND fun. :-)

Yeah, yeah, I know. Not only are we vane, but we’re pigs too. lol

csdeven on December 30, 2007 at 10:49 AM

Entelechy on December 30, 2007 at 2:46 AM

My wife made wassail this year. I noticed you speak German and I wondered if you knew of a traditional recipe for it. We went to cooks.com and found a recipe that SAID it was traditional. I liked it OK, but I suspect it is supposed to have copious amounts of alcohol in it. Being light weights, we just went with the virgin variety.

csdeven on December 30, 2007 at 10:53 AM

HUCKABEE with Russert diatribe!

Huckabee sounded like the South Carolina beauty pageant contestant.

Tim looked as though he WANTED Huckabee to look good, no surprise, really.

Obama would obliterate Huck, given the chance.

maverick muse on December 30, 2007 at 12:41 PM

csdeven, here is one, for example.

And that should have been “vain” not “vane” – and you took it as is…my biggest problem with English, words which sound the same, mean something different…

maverick muse, I’m keeping your cold-tips, as they make sense. Mixing a shot of Tequila with the juice of a lemon is also good, so it’s said. In the end it takes 7 days, or one week, to get a bit better and all these are just ‘make-feel-better’ hand-me-downs from earlier times.

Entelechy on December 30, 2007 at 2:59 PM

Entelechy on December 30, 2007 at 2:59 PM

That looks good AND it’s from scratch! I love scratch!

Yeah, vane. I was considering a change, but I trusted your spelling more than mine. I still can’t get schadenfrued right, and you did! :-)

csdeven on December 30, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Entelechy on December 30, 2007 at 2:59 PM

Given a week or so to get better, after breathing the daily steam, here’s one more tip to add to your recipe collection. CAYENNE PEPPER loosens the congestion if RX decongestant side effects are undesirable. My old professor swallowed it in gelatin capsules. But adding it to chicken broth is comforting at lunch.

Given this day’s good news from Fred,
sleep well & speedy recovery.

maverick muse on December 30, 2007 at 10:06 PM

Now you have done it. Here are home remedies I was taught

For sore throat, Gargle a glass of warm water with a teaspoon of cider vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt (or less). Gargle several times well in the back of the throat. Try to get the vinegar on the sore spots. Do not swallow. Then rinse the teeth well with clear water. try not to rinse off the coating in the back of the throat. It works

For congestion: fry a lamb chop until done. Save the fat. When lukewarm, rub fat all over chest, back, shoulder and underarms. Put on several cotton tee shirts and go to sleep under warm blankets. Be sure to lock the dog out of the room. Usually breaks up congestion by morning. Shower off the grease. Native Americans used bear grease. Lamb is the best substitute

Desperate men resort to desperate measures

entagor on December 31, 2007 at 2:22 PM