Video: Hillary’s unintentionally revealing Christmas ad

posted at 4:21 pm on December 19, 2007 by Bryan

My jaw dropped when I watched this one the first time. Hillary’s Christmas ad says nothing at all about Christmas. The gifts make the connection, of course, but check out what the gifts are: universal health care, bring the troops home, etc. All of the gifts are funded in one way or another with your money. And she’s portraying herself as a thoughtful gift-giver by taking your money and giving it back to you in the form of expensive government programs, some or all of which you might not actually want or need. If that doesn’t typify liberal thinking, I don’t know what does.

And check out the slate on the end of the spot.

clinton-ad002.png

No “Merry Christmas,” eh, statist Santa?

Will this get anywhere near the scrutiny from the opposite cultural end that Huck’s cross got?

Update: My friend Chris sends me this link with the email subject “Hillary’s ‘gifts’ will disappear down a $45 trillion black hole.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

sweet jeezus that’s frightening.

Mazztek on December 19, 2007 at 4:24 PM

I…
uh…
wow…
uh…
Giuliani’s Ad just looked a whole lot better to me…

Skywise on December 19, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Sorry to double post but it just occurred to me…

Huckabee is now setting the tone of the political campaigns…

Skywise on December 19, 2007 at 4:25 PM

No, because she isn’t the leader in Iowa anymore! Bawahaha.

Seriously, universal pre-K is a selling point? No thanks, and I thank you no!

Spirit of 1776 on December 19, 2007 at 4:28 PM

I actually kinda like the idea of “Universal Pre-K”. Well, maybe not universal, but some sort of program where single welfare moms can get back into the workforce without spending every dollar they earn on child care.

Most be some residual effect of being a recovering Democrat.

flipflop on December 19, 2007 at 4:29 PM

That is absolutely repulsive, and exactly for the reasons you say. Are Iowa Dems’s secular? I hope not.

JiangxiDad on December 19, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Yay! Ethanol for Christmas.

SouthernDem on December 19, 2007 at 4:31 PM

She’s so happy when she can pretend the she can run everyone’s life. Sort of like her pretend running for President Ruler Person. Just place everything in a little compartment.

Like the insane Social Studies teacher from hell.

The personality of lint. Did she ever wrap a Christmas present? I bet she screamed at her subordinates to do it for her, she’s an obvious bully.

benrand on December 19, 2007 at 4:31 PM

All of the gifts are funded in one way or another with your money.

Gifts funded with our money for other people?! From a Clinton?

amerpundit on December 19, 2007 at 4:31 PM

What kind of tard puts what the present is on a tag on the outside of the wrapping paper?

mattshu on December 19, 2007 at 4:32 PM

I want nothing from Stalinary but the sight of her leaving us all alone forever (whatever that would look like). And even THAT should be seen at a distance, ’cause, well, who wants to be anywhere near her?

Huckabee is now setting the tone of the political campaigns…

Skywise on December 19, 2007 at 4:25 PM

I don’t recall; did candidates ever do Christmas ads like these in the past? Or was Huckster the first?

Frozen Tex on December 19, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Most be some residual effect of being a recovering Democrat.

Must be, because I’m not terribly thrilled with the idea of them spending *my* money on child care so they can get back into the workforce.

hindmost on December 19, 2007 at 4:32 PM

A Hillary Clinton Christmas: All materialism, all socialism, no Jesus.

Scary.

statist Santa?

More like

statist Satan.

BKennedy on December 19, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Good grief! Not a single good idea in the bunch. Please, Santa, I don’t want any of what she’s selling.

jdpaz on December 19, 2007 at 4:34 PM

I actually kinda like the idea of “Universal Pre-K”.

flipflop on December 19, 2007 at 4:29 PM

As someone who was once on welfare, I can appreciate the concept – the problem is that “universal” actually means “mandatory.” Maybe not at first, but you can rely on the fact that it will.

Laura on December 19, 2007 at 4:34 PM

I actually kinda like the idea of “Universal Pre-K”.
flipflop on December 19, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Then call your local school board, not the President.

sweeper on December 19, 2007 at 4:34 PM

We have that here in NY. I suggest you move to a blue state where single welfare moms get free/reduced housing, free heath care, free utilities, free pre-K, etc. Then you can pay for the free stuff with your money. Hillary doesn’t want to pay with her money so we need YOU.

JiangxiDad on December 19, 2007 at 4:35 PM

jdpaz on December 19, 2007 at 4:34 PM

I’ll say one thing foe Hillary, at least she’s good at wrapping up different sized pieces of coal.

BKennedy on December 19, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Someone on the staff is slipping. True, there is no mention of the Nativity, but Carol of the Bells is definitely a Christmas carol.

photom on December 19, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Wow, its kinda like she was staring in a Republican attack add against herself.

ericire12 on December 19, 2007 at 4:37 PM

And this is someone who’s actively trying to improve her “likability.” Imagine how toneless and horrid it would be if she weren’t trying so damn hard to be likable.

World B. Free on December 19, 2007 at 4:38 PM

Most be some residual effect of being a recovering Democrat.

Whether you like the things pitched is one thing. But the point is, no matter what it is, we’re paying for it. I don’t have kids, I don’t want kids (my choices for my own reasons), so I sure don’t want to pay taxes to benefit everyone else and their kids…

stacman on December 19, 2007 at 4:38 PM

LOL.

Spirit of 1776 on December 19, 2007 at 4:40 PM

What the hell font did they use on that sign? Hobbit Extra Bold?

It’s like, “Holiday Greetings from Middle-Earth”.

ReubenJCogburn on December 19, 2007 at 4:41 PM

HOLY FLURKING SCHNIZIT, wait until the credit card bill arrives for all that crap!

If I have to pay for sh!t I didn’t ask for and didn’t want, it’s not really a gift, is it now?

saint kansas on December 19, 2007 at 4:44 PM

There is no free lunch.

This ad is just bizarre.

tarpon on December 19, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Orwellian.

JustTruth101 on December 19, 2007 at 4:45 PM

saint kansas on December 19, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Phew. I think if we don’t unwrap it, we can return it. Target works like that.

JiangxiDad on December 19, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Ugggg… just ugggg

Nineball on December 19, 2007 at 4:49 PM

I THINK THIS PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP.

thareb on December 19, 2007 at 4:50 PM

I really hate a re-gifter who’s just so damn obvious.

Rational Thought on December 19, 2007 at 4:51 PM

I THINK THIS PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP.

thareb on December 19, 2007 at 4:50 PM

I love the character, but that really deserves a NSFW tag.

ReubenJCogburn on December 19, 2007 at 4:54 PM

Aw darn, she forgot to show herself raiding everyone’s bank accounts to buy those wonderful gifts.

Leave it to a progressive to think of giving gifts others are forced to pay for and then taking credit for them — it has the “that’s not your money, it’s the government’s money” jingle bell sound to it.

Dusty on December 19, 2007 at 4:57 PM

I actually kinda like the idea of “Universal Pre-K”.

I kinda actually really f*#$ing hate the idea of “Universal Pre-K.”

My school taxes just went up again. (The campaign slogan to raise them was, “We can’t stop now,” reflecting that we just got off the “Academic Watch” list and moved up to “Progressing!” Whoop-dee effin’-doo!) Plus the schools get a shedload of state money from selling lottery tickets (hooray gambling!). And federal money. We’re at about $13,000 per kid now, and I still won’t send my own kids there.

If you need free (that is, taxpayer-paid) babysitting so you can go back to work and get off welfare… YOU’RE NOT OFF WELFARE. Nevermind the little fact that you’re handing over these kids to NEA union thugs for indoctrination. Yeah, I said it.

Mommy, I wanna go to Head Start! …so I can learn from age 3 that the gubment is gonna take care of me.

Honest to Allah, everyone just send your kids to me. I’ll raise them. If you can’t do it, I will.

Sorry, sore subject.

saint kansas on December 19, 2007 at 5:01 PM

I hope she kept the receipts for all those “gifts”.

meandchi on December 19, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Take from us, give to them.

Thank you Mrs. Claws

fogw on December 19, 2007 at 5:03 PM

You ignorant slut

sabbott on December 19, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Luckily we have a great return policy at the polls…return to the unemployed…

right2bright on December 19, 2007 at 5:06 PM

What’s it say when she can’t find Universal Pre-K when it’s sitting right in front of her?

yo on December 19, 2007 at 5:09 PM

lol I like this ad. It’s scary, suspenseful, daring, provacative, and sexy.

I guess Hillary has the “I asked for Universal Healthcare for the Holidays” vote.

gabriel sutherland on December 19, 2007 at 5:11 PM

How do those little bitty boxes hold so many billions of taxpayer dollars?!

aero on December 19, 2007 at 5:11 PM

These Christmas ads are turning out to be quite educational. I like them. I hope they all do one.

aero on December 19, 2007 at 5:11 PM

She is just regifting all that sh|t that no one wanted when Lennon and Stalen gave it.

TheSitRep on December 19, 2007 at 5:12 PM

This is a great ad……..to play this coming October.

Limerick on December 19, 2007 at 5:15 PM

What the hell font did they use on that sign? Hobbit Extra Bold?

ReubenJCogburn on December 19, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Thanks, Reuben… I laughed so hard I knocked my tea over. I’ll be popping keys and blotting the Darjeeling out of my good keyboard the rest of the afternoon.

Frodo failed – Hillary has the ring!

Laura on December 19, 2007 at 5:15 PM

Seriously, universal pre-K is a selling point?

Really. Sales pitches usually end with an ironclad, slamdunk “closer.” Pre-freakin-K??? She really is an idiot.

Cuffy Meigs on December 19, 2007 at 5:17 PM

Yay! Ethanol for Christmas.

SouthernDem on December 19, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Wrong kind of alcohol Dude, even if you’re planning a Bic lighter moon shot.

Speakup on December 19, 2007 at 5:18 PM

Ughhh! Just about says it all, doesn’t it.

petefrt on December 19, 2007 at 5:19 PM

A republican needs to use this ad against her. Something like, in January 09 we get a bill that is addressed to the taxpayer, and has the total for all of Shillary’s “gifts” to us.

StephC on December 19, 2007 at 5:19 PM

The world progressives highly praise leader Hillary Clinton who performs great contributions to the socialist cause and the global cause of independence with ever-victorious strategy and matchless courage.

“Hillary Clinton who has inherited the revolutionary cause of President Bill Clinton put forward unique political mode of Franklin Roosevelt and firmly defends the banner of socialism with seasoned leadership.

Indeed, Hillary Clinton is the great political veteran of the contemporary age who propels the independent cause of humankind and the socialist cause with her outstanding wisdom, prominent strategy and matchless courage. Today leader Hillary Clinton is recognized as the only leader of socialist movement of the 21st century in the international community.

The 21st century will be shine as the era of Hillary Clinton.”

ronsfi on December 19, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Bingo.

I don’t want or need a single one of those things. I want a receipt so I can bring them back and exchange them for a tax refund check from the IRS.

Buy Danish on December 19, 2007 at 5:22 PM

Universal Drek

Ah! There it is!

RushBaby on December 19, 2007 at 5:23 PM

StephC on December 19, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Absolutely! Hillary walked right into that, and the Republicans are all idiots if none of them use it.

aero on December 19, 2007 at 5:24 PM

Egad, she a Martha Stewart budget manager.
If it looks cute buy it!

Speakup on December 19, 2007 at 5:24 PM

“We should be led by such a leader as Hillary Clinton, a gifted theoretician, defender of socialism and ever-victorious brilliant commander, in order to advance along the road of victory in the revolutionary struggle for socialism. A North American Union led by Hillary Clinton is an invincible fortress of socialism.”

ronsfi on December 19, 2007 at 5:26 PM

They don’t seem to be allowing comments on the You Tube page. I guess Hilary doesn’t want to know what real Americans think….

ctmom on December 19, 2007 at 5:27 PM

How about we cut out the middle man and I just keep my money instead? No matter how much she might take, we’ll never a positive return on the investment.

Reagan, 1964

Each year the need grows greater, the program grows greater. We were told four years ago that 17 million people went to bed hungry each night. Well, that was probably true. They were all on a diet. But now we are told that 9.3 million families in this country are poverty-stricken on the basis of earning less than $3,000 a year. Welfare spending is 10 times greater than in the dark depths of the Depression. We are spending $45 billion on welfare. Now do a little arithmetic, and you will find that if we divided the $45 billion up equally among those 9 million poor families, we would be able to give each family $4,600 a year, and this added to their present income should eliminate poverty! Direct aid to the poor, however, is running only about $600 per family. It would seem that someplace there must be some overhead.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on December 19, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Click here for Serenity.

Safe for work.

RushBaby on December 19, 2007 at 5:29 PM

This is the first I had heard of “Universal Pre-K”. I guess the liberals have decided that starting the public school indocrination program at age 5 is too late…kinda like, “We must take those children from their parents at an even earlier age and program them the way we want them programmed!” And, as others have amply pointed out, it’s all paid for with your money.

ITookTheRedPill on December 19, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Gag me with a dump truck …. AAAAACCCKKKK!!!!!!

Could she get any more phony?

thirteen28 on December 19, 2007 at 5:30 PM

This is the first I had heard of “Universal Pre-K”.

ITookTheRedPill on December 19, 2007 at 5:30 PM

I’ve heard it floated before. It’s basically code for “free child care.”

aero on December 19, 2007 at 5:32 PM

The Onion couldn’t have done a better parody of a Lib give away than this ad, SHE is really out of her mind, I guess BO has gotten under her skin, I love it

bones47 on December 19, 2007 at 5:34 PM

The Grand Old Party and other ultra conservatives in southern states are a high hurdle to realizing the reconciliation and unity of the American nation. If the progressive people desirous of independent and democratic society and the country’s reunification achieve a broad anti-conservative alliance, they will be able to decisively defeat the treacherous pro-US conservative forces in their desperate attempt to regain power on the occasion of this year’s presidential elections and make a new momentum fore the great national unity.

ronsfi on December 19, 2007 at 5:37 PM

She forgot about our 401(k)s!!!

StephC on December 19, 2007 at 5:39 PM

I think back to all those child indoctrination camps in China and Russia.

The goal is clear shape them earlier while they are still a clean slate in their mind.

I can see mandatory watching of the animated version of an inconvenient truth

CommentGuy on December 19, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Universal Pre-K = FREE HEALTH CARE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO STAY AT HOME WITH THEIR KIDS.

thareb on December 19, 2007 at 5:40 PM

Many poems in praise of Hillary Clinton created
Washington DC, August 10 2011(CNN) — Poets of the central committee of the North American Writers Union are busy writing poems praising leader Hillary Clinton for her official visit to the Russian Federation, a special event in the history of world politics. They sing of how deeply the people and the officers and men of the people’s army trust and follow her.
Poem “Trip Made By Sun” says that a long foreign tour started by Hillary Clinton following her long trip made to provide her army-first revolutionary leadership is a journey made by the great leader to clearly indicate the road to be followed by the new century.
“Our Bouquet,” “We Long To See You General” and other poems represent the North american people’s reverence for she who is on her foreign tour for independence, peace, justice and truth.
Other poems such as “thousands of miles-long foreign trip,” “Event To Be Recorded For Centuries” and “Congratulations” carry profound reverence for Hillary Clinton and great pride and joy of the North American people and the officers and men of the North American Defense Forces over the immortal feats she performed on her foreign tour.

ronsfi on December 19, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Laura on December 19, 2007 at 5:15 PM

Sorry! You can wash that one in the top rack of your dishwasher if you have a spare. (Because it takes maybe a day to dry out completely.) I got that trick from a buddy that was an IT guy, and it’s worked fine for me.

ReubenJCogburn on December 19, 2007 at 5:52 PM

photom on December 19, 2007 at 4:36 PM

They just picked that song because it’s reminiscent of the soundtrack to a slasher flick.

NTWR on December 19, 2007 at 5:53 PM

I think back to all those child indoctrination camps in China and Russia.

I can see mandatory watching of the animated version of an inconvenient truth

CommentGuy on December 19, 2007 at 5:39 PM

I think back to that ‘reeducation camp’ portion of The Killing Fields. The field of skulls didn’t scare me as half as much as the camp and the kids turning in their parents….

Everytime Hillary talks about education benefits or universal healthcare that scene passes through my mind…

CrazyFool on December 19, 2007 at 5:54 PM

Remember the good ole days when she was channeling Eleanor Roosevelt? Now she channels Marx, Mao and Lenin.

petefrt on December 19, 2007 at 5:54 PM

She forgot about our 401(k)s!!!

StephC on December 19, 2007 at 5:39 PM

And ponies! Where’s our Universal Pony Care, Shrillary?

ReubenJCogburn on December 19, 2007 at 5:56 PM

TRUTH IN ADVERTISING VERSION:

“Hi, I just robbed your house. And, well, you didn’t have a [fill in the blank for the most useless piece of crap you could imagine]. So I bought 50 of them for you with your own money. I know you’ll love it! Oh, and Happy Festivus!”

ricer1 on December 19, 2007 at 5:56 PM

TRUTH IN ADVERTISING VERSION:

ricer1 on December 19, 2007 at 5:56 PM

ReubenJCogburn on December 19, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Um, actually Hillary is about the most useless piece of crap that I can imagine. ReubenJCogburn

Dang, just 1 Hillary is scary enough.. but 50 of them? Oh lordy…

ricer1 on December 19, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Pre K? Good Grief! Government running life cradle to grave. Sorry, no Pre-k. Isn’t the current public school system enough of a failure. Why more? Sheesh!

Wade on December 19, 2007 at 6:06 PM

Dang, just 1 Hillary is scary enough.. but 50 of them? Oh lordy…

ricer1 on December 19, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Just the cackling alone would make your ears bleed…Ugh! Like some Hitchcockian nightmare.

ReubenJCogburn on December 19, 2007 at 6:06 PM

Most be some residual effect of being a recovering Democrat.

hindmost on December 19, 2007 at 4:32 PM

…spending *my* money on child care so they can get back into the workforce the sack with their current pimp-tard.

There ya go!

leepro on December 19, 2007 at 6:16 PM

If I have to pay for my own gifts I DON’T WANT THEM!!

Bicyea on December 19, 2007 at 6:23 PM

“Let’s start the conversation.”

/cackle

saint kansas on December 19, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Paul Tsongas campaigned and lost on the “I’m not Santa Claus” platform. Bill campaigned and won on the “ho ho ho” theme.

Looks like Hillary’s got the north pole sweatshop working overtime again.

sulla on December 19, 2007 at 6:24 PM

Well that just ruined Christmas for me. Ok, not quite, but still I just got a stomach ache seeing it. She just can’t seem sincere in anything she does.

Tuari on December 19, 2007 at 6:27 PM

I wonder if she’ll approve my sarcastic comment on her video?
“Thank you Hillary for not using the “C” word, haven’t we seen enough of that already?”

I thought she would appreciate it.

KCtheKat on December 19, 2007 at 6:29 PM

I cannot believe that no one has quoted P.J. O’Rourke yet.

Karl on December 19, 2007 at 6:32 PM

She’s got my vote all sewn up

Hillary08!

Ochlan on December 19, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Uh,, that has got to be one of the oddest ads I have ever seen. I realize it’s the primary,, but how many people would this really appeal to?? Honestly,, very, very strange!

JellyToast on December 19, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Most be some residual effect of being a recovering Democrat.

flipflop on December 19, 2007 at 4:29 PM

No words. no words..

unseen on December 19, 2007 at 6:47 PM

So large was her pile, that she had to dig to find universal pre-K.

It was actually a funny ad, though… I really think she was poking fun of herself.

DaveS on December 19, 2007 at 6:54 PM

Oh she has a large pile alright.

Rightwingsparkle on December 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM

I think she is taking the term “re-gifter” to new heights by regifting items we already rejected when she was first lady.

Resolute on December 19, 2007 at 7:01 PM

I THINK THIS PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP.

thareb on December 19, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Amen!

CrimsonFisted on December 19, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Bill campaigned and won on the “ho ho ho” theme.

Did you intend for that to have a double meaning, or is that just how I’m reading it?

thirteen28 on December 19, 2007 at 7:07 PM

What a horrible actor. This is our “inevitable” President-to-be? HAHAHAHA. She’s freaking clueless, is what she is.

R. Waher on December 19, 2007 at 7:08 PM

O, Generalissimo, Hillary, Our motherly leader! The people are unfailingly loyal to you! Our party is the best in the world! Socialism is the best in the world! Let’s defend Socialism, Under the unfurled red banner!

ronsfi on December 19, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Dear God, that was horrible.

CP on December 19, 2007 at 7:13 PM