Video: Hillary’s unintentionally revealing Christmas ad

posted at 4:21 pm on December 19, 2007 by Bryan

My jaw dropped when I watched this one the first time. Hillary’s Christmas ad says nothing at all about Christmas. The gifts make the connection, of course, but check out what the gifts are: universal health care, bring the troops home, etc. All of the gifts are funded in one way or another with your money. And she’s portraying herself as a thoughtful gift-giver by taking your money and giving it back to you in the form of expensive government programs, some or all of which you might not actually want or need. If that doesn’t typify liberal thinking, I don’t know what does.

And check out the slate on the end of the spot.

clinton-ad002.png

No “Merry Christmas,” eh, statist Santa?

Will this get anywhere near the scrutiny from the opposite cultural end that Huck’s cross got?

Update: My friend Chris sends me this link with the email subject “Hillary’s ‘gifts’ will disappear down a $45 trillion black hole.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

R. Waher, I’d laugh with you, but I think we both may well end up crying.

Rightwingsparkle on December 19, 2007 at 7:16 PM

I didn’t hear the SUCKING sound from the nearby chimney of all my stuff and investments flying off to the NORTH EFING POLE!!1one!

amend2 on December 19, 2007 at 7:24 PM

Oh. and by the way..1.. PRE-K is called being a MOMMY and having enough tax relief that Moms can actually stay home and raise (in and many cases) raise and teach thier own kids through 12.

Most mothers would love to be able to raise thier kids if the tax burden wasn’t so huge that they had to work.

I vote that vid as the gift to all of us that the CLINTONS WANT TO DO CRADLE DO GRAVE..

they showed their hand ..

amend2 on December 19, 2007 at 7:34 PM

I really, really, really hate the thought of universal Pre-K. In addition to the taxes and indoctrination mentioned above, it’s a terrible idea for a child’s development.

I’m going to have to hunt and dig out my child development articles/books if she doesn’t return that present to the store.

INC on December 19, 2007 at 7:36 PM

Ha!Ha! Ha! I am RMR, and before I jump of this 22nd floor balcony, I want you to know I approve this message-Ahhhhhhhhhhhh…

RMR on December 19, 2007 at 7:45 PM

Bill campaigned and won on the “ho ho ho” theme.

Did you intend for that to have a double meaning, or is that just how I’m reading it?

*whistles innocently*

sulla on December 19, 2007 at 7:46 PM

I VOTE THIS THE BEST “POLITICAL HOLIDAY MESSAGE/AD

10!

amend2 on December 19, 2007 at 7:49 PM

All I wanted was a Wii.

MT on December 19, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Now that’s some good whoring of Christmas.

Clinton masterpiece.

Hening on December 19, 2007 at 7:56 PM

Do you remember the credit card ads where they showed people who had their credit ripped off with the voices of the crooks buying all kinds of useless junk? This ad reminds me of those.

imshocked on December 19, 2007 at 9:29 PM

I actually kinda like the idea of “Universal Pre-K”. Well, maybe not universal, but some sort of program where single welfare moms can get back into the workforce without spending every dollar they earn on child care.

flipflop on December 19, 2007 at 4:29 PM

How much more do you want to pay in taxes? There shouldn’t be “welfare” to start with. Ever heard of charity?

What is stopping you from turning over your paychecks to the mother’s directly?

nottakingsides on December 19, 2007 at 9:43 PM

I didn’t think it possible, but the Klintons have sunk to a new low.

Zorro on December 19, 2007 at 9:44 PM

Did she forget to mention her “gift” of imputed income tax? Where she wants to take the difference between your mortgage and what you “should” be paying to rent your home and charge that difference to you as income.
Or how about that present where she “takes” the oil companies profits and devalues the 401k and retirement funds of every american that has an investment into said oil companies?

conservativecaveman on December 19, 2007 at 9:54 PM

If that doesn’t typify liberal socialist thinking, I don’t know what does.

Yes, liberal = socialist

My European connections believe that it is a foregone conclusion that she will be the next President of the U.S.A. I can’t wait to talk to them after the election, again. 2004 was so much fun.

Entelechy on December 19, 2007 at 10:00 PM

the only thing missing is an announcer in a black suit smoking a cigarettes saying “imagine, if you will….”

dogsoldier on December 19, 2007 at 10:15 PM

Universal Pre-K is a sinkhole. Most states already have government funded child care assistance programs for lower income families. Universal Pre-K gives childcare for 4 year olds for a few hours a day regardless of income. The big winners are the parents of 4 year olds who want to drop them off somewhere for a few hours a day while they can go shop.

Canadian Infidel on December 19, 2007 at 10:16 PM

We have free pre-K for low income families in our Texas school district. It’s the same hours as kindergarten, five days a week. All you have to do to get it is to qualify for reduced-price school lunches, and the district says you need to bring “proof of income” and “social security cards of child and parent (if available).” Draw your own conclusions from that.

A friend of mine’s kid is in it. Needless to say (echoes of the Frosts) there is no asset-testing. My friend owns her house which is worth at least three times more than the loan on it, but as a single mom she qualified easily (even though she’s getting substantial financial help from her mom….ahh, I could go on and on).

Anyway – as Canadian Infidel mentioned, Hillary’s idea of universal pre-K means that families of ALL incomes will qualify. Which basically just means tacking on another year of government schooling on the front end, to the tune of $25,000/kid (and that is just the cost in Texas).

More jobs for (Democrat-voting) teachers!

Missy on December 19, 2007 at 10:28 PM

The Exorcist-esque music in the background is nice touch. I literally got a chill up and down my spine when I heard it.

Who is running this campaign, the stupidest person on earth?

Metro on December 19, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Castro Clause is coming to town…..

ericire12 on December 19, 2007 at 10:56 PM

Wow, its kinda like she was starring in a Republican attack ad against herself.

ericire12 on December 19, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Her true Christmas gift to GOP; ammunition.
Hill&CO thought that was what? Clever? Effective?
She doesn’t celebrate Christmas… she calculates it.

christophercube on December 19, 2007 at 10:57 PM

There is something very disturbing about the concept in this ad.

She is filling out cards with gifts. She is giving the gifts to who? To us?

If you elect Hillary, you will get gifts.

Unabashed leftism, gifts for you, with a smile and a non-denominational holiday greeting…wow.

Have we sunk to this as a country? That sucks.

benrand on December 19, 2007 at 11:01 PM

And Bubba gets the best gift of all, White House full of interns with nothing to do.

d1carter on December 19, 2007 at 11:09 PM

The RNC should pay to run the ad too.

thegreatbeast on December 19, 2007 at 11:17 PM

Gift giving is a wonderful sentiment, but has anyone done a study on how all this free stuff will impact the private sector? My families day care center was put out of business in the sixties by the availability of cheaper inferior state funded schools. just sayin………

sonnyspats1 on December 19, 2007 at 11:31 PM

gimme shelter.

Griz on December 20, 2007 at 12:00 AM

Well jeez, Hillbat, seeing that I already have health care, could you supply me with a couple full auto AK 47′s and a lifetime supply of ammo instead? A couple more Sig Sauer pistols would be nice too. Now that I’m thinking about it, maybe a “Universal Firearms” plan could be added to your gifts for Americans.

MrC_5150 on December 20, 2007 at 12:02 AM

Someone needs to run an ad in the future, different families that each of those gifts effect, one in a hospital bed wondering about why they are not getting the best doctors to treat them, one Iraqi family wondering why America pulled out and let the terrorist take over, one where we are short on food because our crops are being used for Ethanol, an then flash to the end of that commercial.

WoosterOh on December 20, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Well, basically have that commercial running in the backgrounds of each of the family settings.

Throw in a car bomb just outside the Iraqi families home for good measure.

WoosterOh on December 20, 2007 at 1:14 AM

Sorry about a 3rd post here, but the Iraqi family should be sitting at their kitchen table with the commercial playing on their TV, when some terrorist bust in and take their family away, or better yet, have a family sitting at the kitchen table waiting for dinner to be served with the commercial running on their TV in the background, then have someone bring in a childs head stuffed like a pig on a dinner plater.

WoosterOh on December 20, 2007 at 1:18 AM

RE: Universal pre-K

The problem with “universal” is that universal availability can easily become a universal requirement. Once you let the governemnt decide it knows what’s best, there is no reason to relinquish the responsibility you abdicated.

Furthermore, if we are going to fund public education at all, then we need to provide for above-average students, not just the struggling ones. There need to be tax-credits and home-school vouchers for parents who don’t want trust public schools.

Another problem with universal pre-K, aside from being integral to a welfare state, is that government-funded child care amounts to shoddy daycare. The academic standards and expectations are very low.

As a result of this craptastic daycare and ubiquitously lazy parents, many children show up the first day of kindergarten completely unprepared. Some are unable to recite the alphabet, spell their name or even count to 20. Others have had almost no academic preparation.

The Race Card on December 20, 2007 at 1:21 AM

hey your all missing the point her mother says she is a nice person .

oh and i would love to tell Hilldabeast where she can put her universal pre K present .

Mojack420 on December 20, 2007 at 2:27 AM

Once again the Clinton’s prove what narcissists they really are… who else would turn a Christmas Greeting into something that’s only about themselves.

She’s slimmy enough, butt his goes too far… Using a Christmas greeting to tell us how wonderful SHE is. When will these losers go away?

Bob on December 20, 2007 at 5:48 AM

If THAT doesn’t scare the hell out of you, I just don’t know what will.

hillbillyjim on December 20, 2007 at 6:27 AM

Also not she did not get a gift for Bill nor did offer Bill to us as a gift.

She must really think he’s worthless.

MSGTAS on December 20, 2007 at 8:08 AM

Beware of Dems bearing gifts

Bicyea on December 20, 2007 at 8:34 AM

On Hanity and Colmes last night Micheal Steele totally nailed Hillary’s gifts as the gifts that just keep taking…Man he certainly got that one right…

doriangrey on December 20, 2007 at 9:07 AM

Oh. and by the way..1.. PRE-K is called being a MOMMY

Yeah, back when I was a kid we had something similar to “Head Start” and “Pre-K.” I think we called it “parenting.”

And is there any point in asking if “universal” applies to illegal immigrants as well? What the hell is universal, anyway? Are we covering other galaxies as well now? We spend like it.

saint kansas on December 20, 2007 at 9:50 AM

After viewing Hillary’s ad, catch D/Alaska former Senator Mike Gravel’s clip re: Hillary=propaganda and subsequently Hillary’s raid of Social Security funds.

WHO in their right mind would elect Hillary, the thief of White House property upon departure as 1st Lady. Those Clintons and their sticky fingers caught raiding everything in sight. I suppose other thieves would elect a thief. Spare the thought that a majority of American voters share her values.

Viewing Obama this morning, he promises to deliver “the return of high paying jobs in America.” May he gag on himself, leading the sheep to their slaughter. His platform is an affront to every working American, presuming our absolute idiocy. Spare the thought that the majority of American voters do not realize that commerce has relocated, and no President can cure that by waving the magic wand of high paying blue collar jobs in America, especially with the destabalization of American citizen wage earners through the legitimization of ILLEGAL ALIENS in our work force. So actually, Obama is speaking to the richest and most powerful liberals in America, that THEIR disproportionate executive salaries and bonuses are his sacred cows.

I’ll stick with the conservative Republican platform with Fred Thompson, President.

maverick muse on December 20, 2007 at 9:53 AM

The message I get is that she is talking to the masses and these handouts have strings attached.

Just my opinion

flyboy777 on December 20, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Illegals are already using the free pre-K program where I live in TX. The school only requires that you present Social Security cards for child and parent “if available.” So yeah, I’m certain that Hill is just fine with the idea.

Missy on December 20, 2007 at 11:49 AM

That was one freezing cold “Christmas” ad.
Calculated, what christophercube (sp?) said earlier, that is the very descriptive word that applies to this ad.

4shoes on December 20, 2007 at 1:13 PM

Maybe Hillary’s on to something. We should take a page out of her book.

Look, we all enjoy Hot Air, don’t we? And Bryan deserves that iPhone, doesn’t he? I say we all, all of the Hot Air audience, band together to give him one for Christmas.

But first, we need to tax Hot Air ten thousand bucks to support the Universal iPhone program. OK, it’s true that iPhones only cost four hundred bucks but there is also the cost of the huge building full of Hot Air Audience bureaucrats needed to process not only Bryan’s iPhone, but the nation’s. There are also meetings to pay for and xerox paper and paperclips and other stuff. Sure it’s true that Apple may distribute iPhones more cheaply, but only to the moneyed elite who can afford them. Social justice does not come cheap.

Tantor on December 20, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Hillary’s “gifts” are like my children’s–Nice in thought, but the gift’s are being paid for on my credit card and I have to pay the bill.

Faith1 on December 20, 2007 at 3:29 PM

I thought athiests didn’t celebrate Christmas.

Oh, wait. It’s the holiday Christmas season and election time, so I guess they do.

She’s still the bride of Satan.

madmonkphotog on December 20, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Crap, Shrillary ruined my favorite Christmas carol. And she ruined my dinner–barf!

I know what gift I’d like to get from Uncle Samta–lower taxes.

drflykilla on December 20, 2007 at 5:23 PM

Where did I put universal pre-K?

Oh, here they are, right under the Rose Law Firm billing records!

Right here, next to the 700+ FBI files on Republican government employees!

Oopsie-daisy! I forget that I gave it to Sandy Berger. I’ll check his socks!

Must have fallen under the Oval Office desk. I’ll just pop in and pick…AIIIIIIIIIIGH!!!

I’ll just ask the Chinese dishwasher millionaires in the kitchen!

Oh, John Hua-ang, did you see the universal pre-K around?
“Yes. I think Norman Hsu bundled it up for you!”

Norman! Where’s the…
“Ahh, I bundled it right here, but…ahh…ask Charlie Trie!”

This could go on and on…………

AmericanDad on December 20, 2007 at 6:08 PM

A person who could for even a moment imagine that an ad so blatantly pandering and contrived would appeal to a normal American voter is utterly out of touch with the values of the majority of adults in this nation. If there is any sense of propriety in the US electorate, this ad will prove to be the end of her candidacy. I am still shaking my head in bafflement and rage – what an insult!

drunyan8315 on December 20, 2007 at 7:59 PM

Hey, what about a 6-hour workday!? Oh, wait, that was in Venezuela…

drunyan8315 on December 20, 2007 at 8:10 PM

Chris Matthews ripped this ad on MSNBC’s morning show today. He compared Hillary to Evita and said that she was trying to show how she would hand out the presents to all of the little people in the world as she saw fit. It was hilarious.

tanmany2k on December 20, 2007 at 10:29 PM

that last comment was gross.

TheSitRep on December 20, 2007 at 10:42 PM

it was #144

TheSitRep on December 20, 2007 at 10:43 PM

Joy to the world, Big Sister is come.

Buckleyite on December 21, 2007 at 12:33 PM

So, basically, she’s saying that the way to do your Christmas shopping is to burglarize all of your relatives’ houses, and use the proceeds to buy them all the same thing whether they want it or not. Oh, and keep a cut for yourself, of course.

The fact that not only did Hill go along with this, but evidently no one around her pointed out how mortifyingly creepy it was, is telling.

Hillary is to out-Communist Edwards and his IRS-Audit health plan, looks like.

Merovign on December 21, 2007 at 3:15 PM

I found that video clip distasteful.

Hillary came off as distant, standoffish, withdrawn, reclusive, condescending, and arrogant, all in that short, little video clip.

Of course I do not trust her, nor do I wish to see her become president of the United States of America.

If she does become president, I’ll move myself and my family to Iran, Sudan, Somalia, Venezuela, Cuba, The Gobi Desert, the Sahara Desert, Antarctica, planet Venus, the rings of Saturn, Jupiter’s moon, Europa, our moon, or even hell.

All of these would be better than life in the USA during Hillary Clinton’s reign as Queen of the Universe!

(Doin’ an “Alex Baldwin, Janeane Garafalo “I’ll Leave the Country” perspective.)

William2006 on December 21, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Bah Hillbug!

ricelchew on December 22, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Some are unable to recite the alphabet, spell their name or even count to 20 …

I teach computers in a K5-8 setting in a parochial school and I had to have my technology people reprogram a keyboarding program for my K5 students to log in as FIRST NAME, LAST INITIAL because it initially had them logging in LAST NAME, FIRST INITIAL and over half the students couldn’t recognize their last name when they saw it. I shudder to think what the number would have been in a gummint-run skool.

pdigaudio on December 25, 2007 at 9:18 PM