“Brutal”: Fred’s painfully awkward day in Iowa; Update: Video added; Update: Misrepresented?

posted at 3:40 pm on December 19, 2007 by Allahpundit

The quote comes from the boss, rendering her verdict in the comments to the headline item on Politico’s account of his latest campaign stops. I actually winced while reading it, so astoundingly inept and almost antisocial does it make him sound. The narrative as of this morning is that he’s back and on fiah but wade through this and tell me the Fredheads aren’t pumping a dry well here.

There’s too much to excerpt but I have to quote this: “I’ve got a silly hat rule.” Wait until you see the context.

Update: I imported comments from the headlines item. Commenter “amish” notes that author Roger Simon is no fan of Fred but it’s not so much the commentary that’s damning, it’s the quotes. Mark Halperin, who was supposedly with Simon when all this went down, linked to the piece. If he thought it was unfair, he didn’t say so in his post.

Update: Bob Novak declares him the “X factor.”

# The “X factor” in this race is former Sen. Fred Thompson (Tenn.). Most Iowa Republicans did not even mention his name in discussing candidates they supported or opposed. He simply does not register in the minds of potential GOP caucus-goers, but when asked about him, voters have little negative to say.

# Thompson has far more upside potential than any other Republican, and he is spending the entire final stretch in the Hawkeye State. Thompson has perhaps the most broadly conservative record of any candidate besides the three congressmen (see below). Many conservative Iowans currently settling for Romney, Giuliani or Huckabee (or planning a protest vote of sorts for one of the congressmen) could certainly jump on board with Thompson. If he defies his reputation as a lazy worker, he could make a spectacular surge here…

# This battle will hinge on Thompson’s performance down the stretch. If he excels, he could draw down Huckabee’s support significantly, and maybe Romney’s, too. If Thompson is as uninspired as he has been to date, Huckabee will probably win.

Update: Via Slublog, here’s the video of the scene at the firehouse. It’s not as awkward as it sounds in Politico but the “silly hat” was indeed politely declined. Click the image to watch.

fred-hat.jpg

Update: Sundries Shack notes that Simon’s account of the firehouse doesn’t quite square with the video: for one thing, Jeri Thompson doesn’t put the helmet on her own head, Fred puts it on her. I don’t think that detracts from the point about not putting the helmet on, but to the extent that it calls Simon’s credibility into question on other details, fair enough.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

but if Alan Keyes can mosh with Michael Moore, then Fred can wear a fireman’s hat.

Big S on December 19, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Alan Keyes can do anything he wants because nobody is ever going to vote for him.

FloatingRock on December 19, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Umm, contrary to what seems to be the popular belief in this thread, Iowans do have a sense of humor and our tender wittle feelers aren’t easily destroyed.

We also have finely tuned BS detectors. Wouldn’t you if you had politicians living on your doorstep for months at a time?

I watched the video and I laughed – but then, I also laugh at the idiot candidates that show up wearing Carhartt jackets, waving around them thar ears a corn and goin’ a huntin’ in the back 40 to show us ignint hicks that thar just like us!

I’m attending a town hall meeting tomorrow to hear Fred speak – if he sucks, I’ll let you know, if he’s great, I’ll let you know that as well.

He’s currently doing 5 events per day in both large cities and very rural towns (like mine: population 1600, hogs and cattle not included).

The Des Moines Register has both RSS feeds and a searchable database of all events for all candidates on their caucus site.

Full disclosure. Hubs is currently a Fred supporter – I’m undecided.

Tink on December 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM

FloatingRock on December 19, 2007 at 6:58 PM

I’m no Keyes fan, but he did get 14% in Iowa in 2000. Will Fred beat that? Respect the mosh pit.

Big S on December 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Dear God, is this slapfight still going on?

Bad Candy on December 19, 2007 at 7:01 PM

First!

oh..

TexasDan on December 19, 2007 at 7:03 PM

Not only was he indecisive, he was thinking out loud about the indecision. However, let me just call him brilliant and destined to win. All is well then!

Spirit of 1776 on December 19, 2007 at 6:26 PM

It bears repeating- we’re talking about whether he wanted to wear a fireman’s hat for the cameras. He declined… but OMG HE JUST SANK HIS CAMPAIGN BY NOT WEARING A HAT FOR THE CAMERAS!!! FRED HATES FIREMEN!!! AND INDECISIVE FOR DECIDING NOT TO!!!

Among all the non-stories out there, this has to be pretty high on the list, with emphasis on “non”. If there’s a story here, it’s that the hack who wrote the Politico article is, in fact, a hack.

But yeah- I’m sure Mitt would’ve not only wore the hat, but gone on to talk about his new federal program to fund Iowa firefighters and buy their children a pony for their birthday while pretending to weep over their bravery.

Hollowpoint on December 19, 2007 at 7:09 PM

As Laura nominated him.. the “third wise man”

heh.

amend2 on December 19, 2007 at 7:11 PM

No, it is not. It is wrong in at least three details. It really does make me wonder if Roger Simon was paying attention at the fire house.

I mean, come on. He reported that Jeri Thompson took the hat from Fred’s hands and put it on herself. The woman’s hands were full (one of the things she was holding was her own hat!). She couldn’t possibly have done what Simon said she did.

Seems to me that Simon was just a teensy bit miffed that Thompson’s people shut him out of the newspaper office meeting and decided to take it out on him in the article.

Jimmie on December 19, 2007 at 7:12 PM

First!

oh..

TexasDan on December 19, 2007 at 7:03 PM

I said, no more calls.
Damn…Now we have another winner.

ChrisM on December 19, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Dear God, is this slapfight still going on?

Bad Candy on December 19, 2007 at 7:01 PM

SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP PUNCH SMACK KICK – - –

* * *

Oh, I am so sorry, Bad Candy!!! I thought you said that Fred should have put the hat on!

Here, let me help you stop the bleeding….

aero on December 19, 2007 at 7:21 PM

IMHO, that was not “brutal” by any means. I’ll be curious what the fire chief has to say when forty foaming-at-the-mouth reporters bust down his door tonight.

Just remember: Fred Thompson can absorb political adversity and channel it into powerful blasts from his hands which he uses to disintegrate his enemies.

wccawa on December 19, 2007 at 7:22 PM

Ha. Nah, Mitt would drop some stupid story about how his children wanted to be firemen but didn’t so they could help his campaign.

Spirit of 1776 on December 19, 2007 at 7:24 PM

Spirit of 1776 on December 19, 2007 at 7:24 PM

And what would The High Reverend Huckster say about his sons and what they were doing instead of being firefighters or soldiers?

MB4 on December 19, 2007 at 7:40 PM

MB4 on December 19, 2007 at 7:40 PM

The station Dalmation turned down their application?

RushBaby on December 19, 2007 at 7:48 PM

MB4 on December 19, 2007 at 4:07 PM

I totally agree. For anyone to get in a tizzy over the notion that Fred Thompson actually meant the hat and the people who wear it were silly is asinine! Worse than that for anyone to take it personal I think is egotistical and immature.As a matter of fact he did not say the hat was silly. He said” I have a silly hat rule”. If you can’t see the correlation between the Dukakis/Kerry photos then you need to get a grip. Fred Thompson will not jump through yours or anyone else’s hoop. I’m willing to bet FT has the utmost respect for any and all first responders. I just think it is a reflection of a serious man for serious times. It’s later than you think! I like FT’s approach he he isn’t trying to define the issues to match an agenda or ideology. He’s like what you see is what you get take it or leave it. I think Fred Thompson has his feet firmly planted in the reality of our times. This is a simple case of ‘your damned if you do and your damned if you don’t’.

sonnyspats1 on December 19, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Look, the question is–what ELSE did Fred do that day? If he went to another few cities, great.

But from what I recall of discussions of Fred’s schedule–this was likely the only thing he had planned for this day. And he couldn’t take the time to meet the peeps on the street?

He went to at least three other towns:

12/19/2007

Radisson Quad City Plaza
111 East 2nd Street
Doors open: 5:45 pm

Gianni on December 19, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Don’t know.

Spirit of 1776 on December 19, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Ok .. well, what it all comes down to, for me: I’m not going to fully support F! until I actually see him punch a hippie.

There. I said it.

yo on December 19, 2007 at 8:06 PM

Tink on December 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Why is Huck leading?

JiangxiDad on December 19, 2007 at 8:09 PM

I’m having a hell of a time catching up on this thread and still haven’t read all of the source material, could somebody please tell me if this is a plausible description of what’s happened here? I wonder if perhaps the HA staff read the Politico hit-piece and, based on that, committed themselves to a swing at Fred of their own. Then, after the video was released showing that there was little if anything actually to the initial “controversy”, they’ve been furiously spinning away ever since trying to justify their initial actions?

I don’t know myself; I’m just wonder if this is why this thread is so freaky deaky. : )

FloatingRock on December 19, 2007 at 6:39 PM

That’s pretty much it Rock. And it is freaky deaky. Ohhh the hypocracy. Now move along people. Nothing to see here… nothing you won’t see on HuffPo and Kos everyday for the next 11 months anyway. As if…

Griz on December 19, 2007 at 8:22 PM

Fred is inevitable, no matter how much you hate southerners.

VolMagic on December 19, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Why is Huck leading?

JiangxiDad on December 19, 2007 at 8:09 PM

a capella on December 19, 2007 at 9:16 PM

This is the most out in left field comment thread I have read on HA in a while. I read the comments then I watched the clip, twice, and FDT is not saying what most of you think he is saying. He is NOT saying he has a “Silly Hat” rule, he is saying he has a silly “Hat Rule” which he followed by saying he thought he was about to break that rule—due to the significance of that particular hat no doubt. His wife understood his problem and came to the rescue in a classy way. He is not the only man his age who follows the “Hat Rule”, I know many. The Rule is you do not put any hat on your head unless it belongs to you or unless you are obtaining a new hat. Period.

MM, Allah and Bryan are much younger than FDT so it may be a generational thing. I’m FDT’s age and I understood exactly what he was saying. Far from being a put-down or flub-up, it was almost a concession to breaking his own personal rule because it was a fireman’s headgear.

maxine on December 19, 2007 at 9:21 PM

That’s exactly what they’re doing. The true Fredhead is only one degree removed from the Paulnut in the fervor with which they apologize for their guy.

Allahpundit on December 19, 2007 at 4:01 PM

I think us Fredheads deserve an apology.

Bill C on December 19, 2007 at 9:27 PM

FloatingRock on December 19, 2007 at 6:39 PM

In regards to this, there us no “there” there

Gatordoug on December 19, 2007 at 9:28 PM

sonnyspats1 on December 19, 2007 at 7:50 PM

WELL SAID!

Gatordoug on December 19, 2007 at 9:31 PM

Gianni on December 19, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Thank you for posting Fred’s schedule. I suppose those asking what he did the “rest of the day” could not figure out that that info is readily available.

Gatordoug on December 19, 2007 at 9:33 PM

I think it’s all much ado about nothing. After I watched the video I thought “this is what everybody’s so agitated about?”
IMHO this was a media created hit because Fred’s showing some progress and gaining momentum.
I think many (media, dems, pundits)would like Huck as the nominee because he’s SOOO vulnerable. I think those same people DON’T want to see Fred succeed. An unapologetic conservative willing to govern by his IDEOLOGY? Never!
I support Fred because of his ideas, policies, experience, and character. None of that changed as a result of this silly story.
Nominate Huck and the Conservative movement will go on life support. Nominate Fred and it will be re-awakened.

edgehead on December 19, 2007 at 9:35 PM

Late to the party. Still wiping away laughing-tears, caused by quite a few of you.

You have simply broken my heart too many times. I am slowly falling out of love with you. It’s ok, though. I require a church wedding.

Sultry Beauty on December 19, 2007 at 4:31 PM

SB, you deserve a nice gift today. I’m almost inclined to drive up the 15 a bit and deliver it; just an abstract :)

he turned down a solid opportunity to look teh awesome.

Bryan on December 19, 2007 at 4:28 PM

Heh, in real life he looks awesome and smells like very good cigars.

What an odd and revealing little moment…

Michelle on December 19, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Indeed.

RushBaby, good, and bad. This will nag at ya.

Michael in MI, you stay right here. Winning this is way more important than all else, even from your perspective of winning for the right reasons, versus just beating the other side.

Gregor and fogw, thanks for being so strong.

MB4, same as Gregor and fogw, and when you’re on, you’re the funniest thing around. Entire engine for the Corvette.

Entelechy on December 19, 2007 at 9:38 PM

Allahpundit on December 19, 2007 at 4:01 PM

First off, there is NOTHING to apologize for Fred for. Do you honestly think he was insulting firemen? Come on!

Second, Fred supporters do know a real Conservative when they see one. Of course, this does require an interest in substance, not fabricated controversies gleaned from “Politico”.

Gatordoug on December 19, 2007 at 9:38 PM

This is the most out in left field comment thread I have read on HA in a while. I read the comments then I watched the clip, twice, and FDT is not saying what most of you think he is saying. He is NOT saying he has a “Silly Hat” rule, he is saying he has a silly “Hat Rule” which he followed by saying he thought he was about to break that rule—due to the significance of that particular hat no doubt. His wife understood his problem and came to the rescue in a classy way. .
maxine on December 19, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Watched it again, and by golly, you’re right. “Silly” describes his rule and not the hat. Lots of hot air on this thread, and all for naught.:)

a capella on December 19, 2007 at 9:39 PM

HUCKABEE ‘08: HE’LL WEAR ANY HAT YOU GIVE HIM.

Allahpundit on December 19, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Yamaka???

mad saint jack on December 19, 2007 at 9:39 PM

Why is Huck leading?

JiangxiDad on December 19, 2007 at 8:09 PM

Honestly? I have a very hard time believing that he really is leading. I’m very skeptical about the polls being quoted.

I’m in SW Iowa, Steve Kings district. This is conservative Iowa. This time of year you can’t walk into a store/bank/gas station without someone discussing politics.

I’ve heard zero people talk about him, not even the evangelicals (and I use that term loosely as the media seems to think that anyone who attends church is an evangelical Christian) that people seem to think Iowa is swarming with.

In an area covered with lawn signs, I’ve seen exactly one Huckabee sign – albeit a large one. (I’ve also seen one Ron Paul sign, but knowing the owner of that house, it’s fitting.)

I hear much more about Romney, Hillary, or even Guiliani and Edwards than anyone else.

Based on that, I can’t say the polls are wrong, but I sure haven’t seen or heard a dang thing support them either.

Tink on December 19, 2007 at 9:50 PM

Did you just ban him? Dude, you’re harsh.

No, I didn’t.

Allahpundit on December 19, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Praise O merciful Allah.

mad saint jack on December 19, 2007 at 10:08 PM

I’m thinking not a lot of people in Iowa know who “Politico” is. And they’re probably the better off for it.

Come to think of it, who IS “Politico?”

UPDATE: I just called my sister in Iowa. I asked; do you know who “Politico” is? There was a moment of silence, then… “what are you drinking? You’re drinking again, doncha know! What are you talking about?”

Then we talked about Christmas presents for the nephews and nieces.

Some people have a very high opinion of themselves. I think Iowans are not particularly fond of that. Not are most people.

I hereby nominate this the most B***SH*T thread in Hot Air history.

I am a Fredhead, and I approve this message.

wccawa on December 19, 2007 at 10:31 PM

From Subdries Shack:

That’s the worst part of the story. The rest of it reads a whole lot like spin, or maybe just sour grapes, instead of actual news reporting. Perhaps Simon was peeved that Thompson’s people didn’t let him sit on on his meeting with the local newspaper editor. I would think, though, that Simon would have let his professionalism overcome his evident peevishness. At the very least he could have reported what happened instead of sticking his own opinion into the story and calling it news.

Before I saw the video I thought that Roger Simons account of the says events were skewed. Now it is clear that Simon did not report accurately what happened at the fire station I think the entire article should be filed with all the other MSM media garbage that the blogosphere has exposed.

I think it is high time we have a ceasefire regarding personal attacks on the characters of all the candidates. Let’s stop slander and innuendo and stick to criticizing their records.

Bill C on December 19, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Sometimes I think Fred could get photographed wandering around behind a building and relieving himself and his acolytes would deem it a brilliant strategy!

Bradky on December 19, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Bradky, you insult and underestimate his acolytes. But best regards, since I haven’t met you here lately,

Entelechy on December 19, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Bradky on December 19, 2007 at 10:57 PM

That’s because we are enlightened, grasshopper.

Tennman on December 19, 2007 at 11:17 PM

from what I can tell, we’re getting one side of a third of the story

press/leftist cherry-picking strikes again!

urbancenturion on December 19, 2007 at 11:27 PM

maxine on December 19, 2007 at 9:21 PM

While I am not Fred’s age (only 46) I have spoken about hat’s and hat rules with quite a few of my elders. This may come as a shock to youngens like Michelle and AP and even Bryan, but men of Fred’s generation were raised with some pretty serious, and I must admit odd rules regarding hats.

Once upon a time in America hat’s were seen in an entirely different light than they are today. When I say entirely different, I mean way way way different. For instance, in the 40′s, if a man did not take his hat off for the pledge of allegiance or star spangled banner he did so at the very real and dire risk of having his teeth handed to him by the other men around him.

Again a man always took off his hat in the presence of a lady and he never wore it into a church, you never ever put a hat on a bed, and something that Fred was alluding to here, the ultimate never do, was you never wore another mans hat.

Somehow this hat lore that was once a very intrinsic part of everyday American life has disappeared from our culture, not only has it disappeared but it has done so to such an extent that the vast majority of younger Americans, those under 50, are completely unaware that it ever existed. So much so that when even a fleeting shadow of its ghost trapes in front of them they are completely and totally unaware of the significance of what they have just witnessed.

Thus does a statement from another era, a bygone time, which in its day was a statement of respect, become an insult through the ignorance of those witnessing the even, yet blissfully unaware of exactly what they have just witnessed.

doriangrey on December 19, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Entelechy on December 19, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Good to see you Entelechy. As I’ve said before if people can’t have a sense of humor to go with political discussions it is absolutely no fun. I’m a rudy acolyte and don’t get overly concerned with the insults.

Bradky on December 19, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Rich Lowry and Jonathan Adler (at Nat’l Review Online) seem to think this is much ado about nothing after seeing the video.

I wholeheartedly concur.

omnipotent on December 20, 2007 at 12:09 AM

doriangrey on December 19, 2007 at 11:46 PM

He must not have shared that wisdom with his wife…..

Seriously, a president that can connect with the majority of people on a personal level is one the voters feel comfortable with. You seem to expect people to wait for the excuses and explanations for his missteps.

Bradky on December 20, 2007 at 12:09 AM

Real men wear silly hats.

Entelechy on December 20, 2007 at 12:39 AM

Pardon me… are we still talking about the Presidency here?

“Silly Hats”?

Some of you people really need to get a grip. Yeah, you.

This country might indeed be doomed.

Weber48IDA on December 20, 2007 at 12:53 AM

This country might indeed be doomed.

Weber48IDA on December 20, 2007 at 12:53 AM

Yes, but what matters most is what kind of hats we’ll all be wearing, (or not wearing), when it happens.

FloatingRock on December 20, 2007 at 2:40 AM

I think we’ve found csdseven.

amish on December 19, 2007 at 3:19 PM

Touche!

Texas Nick 77 on December 20, 2007 at 6:19 AM

Ok, he could have said he has a rule about mussing his hair up, it took the stylist an hour to get it just right.

normsrevenge on December 19, 2007 at 3:52 PM

Wrong candidate… John Edwards was elsewhere today.

Texas Nick 77 on December 20, 2007 at 6:23 AM

I’M VOTING HUCK NOW.

Allahpundit on December 19, 2007 at 4:26 PM

An atheist endorsing an evangelical?

Texas Nick 77 on December 20, 2007 at 6:36 AM

He must not have shared that wisdom with his wife…..

Bradky on December 20, 2007 at 12:09 AM

Men’s hat rules never applied to women. But oddly enough I didn’t expect you to know or understand that. Kind of like I never expected you to know that there once was such a thing as mens hat rules. You would have actually had to know someone from that era who was a hat person to have even had the opportunity to discuss hat rules with them.

Like I said before, hat rules are an archaic custom that faded from American society leaving very little trace that they ever existed. About the only traces that exist any more are the removing of ones hat for the star spangled banner and removing ones hat in a court of law.

What is definitely missing is the serious attitude that once governed conditions regarding hat wearing. What no one ever explained to me and I never thought to ask is why the rules were taken so seriously by men prior to the 40′s and 50′s. All I can tell you is that they very much were.

doriangrey on December 20, 2007 at 8:42 AM

An atheist endorsing an evangelical?

Texas Nick 77 on December 20, 2007 at 6:36 AM

Meh…Poor AP, he fears that which he doesn’t understand.

doriangrey on December 20, 2007 at 8:44 AM

Meh…Poor AP, he fears that which he doesn’t understand.

doriangrey on December 20, 2007 at 8:44 AM

I can forgive Fred on this one, even though he mishandled it. I can not forgive other Republican candidates for their pro-amnesty, pro-gun control, pro-tax and spend, pro-abortion policies. Not everyone of us hit a home run each time at bat. A verbal gaffe can be overlooked. A liberal’s positions on key issues should not.

Texas Nick 77 on December 20, 2007 at 9:41 AM

After reading all of the comments, the consensus from readers seems to say that the descriptive word, “brutal,” is an inaccurate one. Not to mention a bit of a hyperbole there.

Kokonut on December 20, 2007 at 9:43 AM

Is there any possibility that Thompsons’ comment meant:
Silly hat thing instead of what is being interpreted as a silly hat thing? Cut the guy some slack.

captivated_dem on December 20, 2007 at 9:57 AM

Meanwhile, if this were Huck, you’d be killing him. The day I ever pull a double standard like that, I hope Michelle fires me.

Allahpundit on December 19, 2007 at 5:26 PM

I don’t think so Allah- I think Fred and Fredheads take waaayy more sh*t about stupid stuff than the Mitt-en or the Huck-sters. I think the comments would be largely the same for any of the candidates. We aren’t interested in choosing the next leader of the free world based on superficial sh*t like hats, and bookcase reflections, and hot wives.

Ex-tex on December 20, 2007 at 10:24 AM

What is definitely missing is the serious attitude that once governed conditions regarding hat wearing. What no one ever explained to me and I never thought to ask is why the rules were taken so seriously by men prior to the 40’s and 50’s. All I can tell you is that they very much were.

doriangrey on December 20, 2007 at 8:42 AM

Growing up, I had those rules drilled into my head. I still live by them, even though I’m not quite FDT’s age. I get annoyed when I see men wearing hats indoors. This is truly much ado over nothing.

jdawg on December 20, 2007 at 10:37 AM

You people don’t have enough to do if you can keep a thread going this long on something so completely trivial.

duff65 on December 20, 2007 at 11:52 AM

No, I didn’t.

Allahpundit on December 19, 2007 at 4:46 PM
Okay. I was worried for a second there. If being overly dramatic became a banning offense, HA would have about 10 commenters left by the time the primaries are over. ;-)

aero on December 19, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Hell AP would be honor bound to ban himself.

TBinSTL on December 20, 2007 at 12:07 PM

duff65 on December 20, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Says the guy who posts over an hour after the last post.

MadisonConservative on December 20, 2007 at 12:09 PM

This day in Blogging history: A firemans helmet gets 180 posts.

TheSitRep on December 19, 2007 at 5:08 PM

This day in Blogging history: A firemans helmet gets 360 posts.

MadisonConservative on December 20, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Let’s try for 500 posts.

Kokonut on December 20, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Too late. This thread is slowly getting moved to the bottom of the home page.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along. It didn’t happen.

wccawa on December 20, 2007 at 12:33 PM

A silly hat almost single-handedly sunk Dukakis. It’s not a bad rule.

Mark Jaquith on December 20, 2007 at 3:19 PM

I have the the hat. The hat. I have the hat to this day.

spacemonkey on December 21, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Does anyone remember Dukakis and the Tank or Kerry and the Space Shuttle Photos? Fred seems to remember.

Egfrow on December 23, 2007 at 4:01 AM

Update: It’s not as awkward as it sounds …

no foolin’

Like Purple Avenger penned with sarc/, “come to the realization that once you give up on integrity all things become possible.”

Propagation of yellow journalistic attrition is irresponsible, Allahpundit.

You kick a good guy when he’s down because you could.

Perhaps you share qualities in common with Clinton and with Huckabee’s son.

I VOTE FRED.