Video: “The Hillary I Know”

posted at 5:10 pm on December 17, 2007 by Allahpundit

In which the woman known to us as the Glacier asks us to embrace her for her warmth. This is her answer to Obama’s Oprah ploy aimed at women voters, I guess, and proof once again of how desperate she is: Her (relative) hawkishness, her request to sit on the Armed Services Committee, all of it’s been calculated to soothe voters worried that a woman C-in-C wouldn’t be strong enough to make the tough calls on foreign policy. To suddenly switch up and emphasize the softer side, capped by an emotional moment today in Iowa, suggests panic. And to do it all in the guise of a likeability campaign — well, let’s just say that trying to out-likeable Obama is like trying to out-9/11 Giuliani.

I do give her some boldness points by association, though, for what Bob Kerrey said today about his “Barack Hussein Obama” comment to WaPo, that he brought it up to encourage Obama: “I know that middle name is seen as a weakness by Republicans, but I don’t think it is. I think it enables him to speak to a billion Muslims around the world.” That’s how they should have spun Billy Shaheen’s crack last week about Obama’s youthful indiscretions. “No no, we think Senator Obama’s prior drug use is a good thing. It leaves him uniquely positioned to reach out to cokeheads.”

Here she is this morning on the Today Show studiously avoiding anything resembling a direct answer to Gregory’s questions. For once HuffPo’s headline is on the money.

Comments

If Hillary is elected President, David Gregory can forget getting the “Helen Thomas” seat in the press briefing room.

Qzsusy on December 17, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Cavuto had Ann Coulter on and showed a different Hillary is such a sweetie pie ad. It was very funny, but I can’t remember it verbatim. It’s worth a look see.

Anyway, if the Clintons are going to remind us through surrogates that Obama’s middle name is “Hussein”, then my friendly advice to him is that he should remind voters that Hillary’s middle name is “Rodham”, as in Tony and Hugh.

What a charming family! He should be sure to spread some photos around while he’s at it. Hugh looks like a South American drug lord, and Tony looks like Tony Soprano.

Buy Danish on December 17, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Stalinary is about as warm and cuddly as a porcupine lit on fire.

Frozen Tex on December 17, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Ewwwwwww. That was hard fun to watch.

Giant perky smiley face turned into puzzled back-peddling holy-crap face in less than five minutes.

Gregory’s made it clear, the MSM has finally figured out Hill will lose the general and they have turned on her like a mongoose on a cobra.

fogw on December 17, 2007 at 5:33 PM

OMG! I really don’t believe I’ve seen so many idiotic comments in one place!

Here’s my favorite:

Posted by roxnev:

You can tell David Gregory is a Republican, who else would want Hillary to try and explain what some on else said. he should ask bill to explain it. why are all Republican so stupid

Gregor on December 17, 2007 at 5:35 PM

She’s warm, and she’s nice.

She nice and warm.

And soft, like Charmin.

Just a nice, warm, soft cuddly little person who is nice and laughs easily.

I’m sold.

benrand on December 17, 2007 at 5:40 PM

There will be hell to pay whether or not she wins. If people in the msm like gregory think the clintons will just go away graciously, they are in for a big surprise. I wouldn’t be surprised if gregory got home tonite to find a big envelope with lots of fun photos of him and barney frank in a hot tub.

peacenprosperity on December 17, 2007 at 5:41 PM

What Strength…What Experience…What Intelligence.

America owes it to her!!!

Golfer_75093 on December 17, 2007 at 5:42 PM

The Hillary I Know

Hear about Hillary from those who know her best ……

Vince Foster: “Hey, I’m dead.”

fogw on December 17, 2007 at 5:45 PM

That was a tough go. It was great to see Hill get put on the spot, but it’s really hard to watch Gregory doing it – I like watching him him almost as much as I like watching her.

And isn’t that CSI Catherine Willows behind Hill’s left shoulder? Oh, that’s right – Iowa, not Vegas.

eeyore on December 17, 2007 at 5:48 PM

Man, I haven’t seen an interview go that bad since McCain was on John Stewart.

meandchi on December 17, 2007 at 5:51 PM

fogw on December 17, 2007 at 5:33 PM

He’s desperate to have a favored seat at the Obama White House gaggle. Wasn’t he the guy who went into a giggling fit on an Imus interview and had to sgn off till he regained control? I’ll bet Hillary’s little workers are busy looking into just what did cause that little episode, as we speak. He crossed the red line.

a capella on December 17, 2007 at 5:52 PM

What is most interesting here is that Daivd Gregory, a committeed anti-Bush democrat, is willing to ask tough questions of Hillary. Indeed, he did a much better job than the pathetic a** kissing Fox interviewers today. This indicates to me that even the press realizes that Hillary has lost her aura of invincibility resulting in those disliking her personality (the majority of reporters and commentators, I suspect) longer treating her like porcelein.

As Hillary stated, we are getting to the “fun” part of her campaign.

ptolemy on December 17, 2007 at 5:52 PM

You know, campaigns are like life. You know, some days are perfect. Some days aren’t. But what really matters is where you’re headed, what you do when you suffer some kind of, you know, problem, how you put yourself back on track and, you know, I’ve been doing this a long time.

Sounds like teenagers at any gathering.

I think that’s one of the principal cases for my candidacy. If you want to know what changes I’ll make, look at the changes I’ve already made. Everybody talks about change. Everybody talks about change in this campaign. Some people think you get change by demanding it. Some think you get it by hoping for it. I think you get it by doing really hard work. That’s what I’ve done.

I speak often in front of groups, on substantive topics, which affect large amounts of money, and numerous people, often lives. If I’d explain anything in this simpleton manner, I’d be fired in 1-2 seconds, and I’m far from running for president of the U.S.A., still the leader of the free world, and I’m far from being the ‘smarterst woman in the world’.

Looks like the media are waking up.

Entelechy on December 17, 2007 at 5:57 PM

LOL

LOL

Nice one Allahpundit.

Theworldisnotenough on December 17, 2007 at 6:05 PM

Some people think you get change by demanding it.

That is really the essence of why Code Pink and Move On and their comrades are so frantic right now. Their demands aren’t being realized but they think it’s a form of entitlement. That is the what liberalism taught them is right and proper behavior, and Hillary’s generation are in the thick of it.

Buy Danish on December 17, 2007 at 6:06 PM

The Hillary I know takes your money from you and gives it to me. Woo-hoo! I’m in. Looking forward to sitting around on my behind all day while you work yours off to support me.

aero on December 17, 2007 at 6:09 PM

But how does the Des Moines Register feel about Hillary?

Dingell-Norwood
Des Moines Register
Dingell-Norwood
Des Moines Register
Dingell-Norwood
Des Moines Register
Dingell-Norwood
Des Moines Register
Dingell-Norwood
Des Moines Register

benrand on December 17, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Jeebus, who did her make-up, Bobo the clown? Got enough rouge there?

bbz123 on December 17, 2007 at 6:14 PM

“What I try to do every day is figure out how to help somebody,” she said later in the event. “You can try to help somebody every single day, and I’ve tried to do that as a public servant, as an activist, and now as a senator.”

And this is the role of the Federal Government? She’s a socialist. Plain and simple.

Zorro on December 17, 2007 at 6:17 PM

“What I try to do every day is figure out how to help somebody with your money,” she said later in the event.

There. Fixed that for her.

aero on December 17, 2007 at 6:22 PM

“It will be my presidency”… (spine shiver) a chilling quote.
I wonder if she been requiring her inner minions to address her as Madam President.
In last weeks debate she used a quote I thought was unusual, “working like a trojan” she said. Maybe that’s a Wellesley College saying or perhaps she overheard Bill using the phrase repeatedly, but has anyone ever heard that simile before?
Glad she got her face fixed, she was scarier than usual last week, those facial anger lines run deep.

christophercube on December 17, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Best evidence so far that Shillary should not be elected POTUS. Dodged every question (just like Bill). You can tell she’s on the defensive and she’s not good at it.

Snidely Whiplash on December 17, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Man! Every time I see a clip from her in that setting I can’t help but think I’ve seen ventriloquist dummies with better makeup jobs than that!

(And with the little sound synch difficulty in that clip, they were usually more convincing, too.)

Captain Scarlet on December 17, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Qzsusy on December 17, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Don’t kid yourself. Helen isn’t going anywhere. She’ll be in that seat longer than Norman Bates’ mother was in hers…

Captain Scarlet on December 17, 2007 at 7:08 PM

First, Russert and now, Gregory. Bubba’s going to be furious that some of the lemmings are not going near the cliff. Their only response is who would vote for a Muslim dope dealer with the middle name of Hussein.

volsense on December 17, 2007 at 7:15 PM

The Clinton camp just opened a new website today with nothing but all these people who have known Hillary for so long.

CommentGuy on December 17, 2007 at 7:24 PM

I

Qzsusy on December 17, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Captain Scarlet on December 17, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Yeah, but Gregory will be relegated to interviewing Eskimos.

Qzsusy on December 17, 2007 at 7:54 PM

The Hillary I know planted all these quizlings to do her bidding.

BKennedy on December 17, 2007 at 8:05 PM

David Gregory’s Tim Russert moment. I’m sure that they kissed and made up after the interview.

d1carter on December 17, 2007 at 8:21 PM

Just how stupid and forgetful does this woman think Americans are? Anybody got a video clip of Hillary chortling that the 1992 election was a “2-for-1″ special – buy Bill, get Hill for free (not!).

My campaign,” “my candidacy,” my BIG OL’ BUTT!

Lurking Vet on December 17, 2007 at 8:35 PM

If I’d explain anything in this simpleton manner, I’d be fired in 1-2 seconds, and I’m far from running for president of the U.S.A., still the leader of the free world, and I’m far from being the ’smarterst woman in the world’.
Looks like the media are waking up.
Entelechy on December 17, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Sweetie, you’ve shown more intelligence, wisdom, wit and compassion on here than Hillary could ever even dream of.

Patrick S on December 17, 2007 at 8:40 PM

Somebody needs to do an um-uh-ah video on Senator Clinton. Like the one someone did on Fred. And hers could have bonus “I feel good” repeats as well.

RushBaby on December 17, 2007 at 9:03 PM