Bob Kerrey: I didn’t mean to imply anything by my Obama comments. Oh, also — didn’t he attend a madrassa?

posted at 8:50 pm on December 17, 2007 by Allahpundit

Why, er, no, he didn’t, but how charming that the senator would continue to say so fully 11 months after that was debunked.

You make the call: Deliberate faux-innocent smear or well-meaning ignoramus? I’m inclined towards the latter just because it seems so hapless and heavy-handed that if it was deliberate it’d be more artfully done. Dropping the phrase “Islamic manchurian candidate” in the midst of his “apology”? C’mon.

Comments

Just another one of the “wicked witch of the wests” flying monkeys.

conservnut on December 17, 2007 at 8:57 PM

He said a secular medrassa.

bnelson44 on December 17, 2007 at 8:58 PM

Islamic manchurian candidate

Does the Hillary camp have nothing substantial?

I think it more likely to be deliberate because he is addressing the specifics of a ship that has long since sailed. If he were elbows in deep enough to know the storm around the madrassa bit, he’d know that it’s played out. This is a resurrection attempt.

Spirit of 1776 on December 17, 2007 at 9:00 PM

He said a secular medrassa.

bnelson44 on December 17, 2007 at 8:58 PM

Is that what you call an oxymoron, or just a moron?

conservnut on December 17, 2007 at 9:00 PM

I will not watch your video.

I suffered enough when Light Bulb Head was my Senator. Then I was further tortured when he was on the 9/11 Commission.

Just go away, Light Bulb Head.

Vinnie on December 17, 2007 at 9:00 PM

I believe him; he’s always been one of the handful of Dems I’ve come to respect over the years. Normally a stand-up guy.

RW Wacko on December 17, 2007 at 9:01 PM

Deliberate faux-innocent smear or well-meaning ignoramus?

Ignoramus.

A bit off topic, but who should we be pulling for to win the Democratic nomination? Hillary or Obama?

amerpundit on December 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Is that what you call an oxymoron, or just a moron?

conservnut on December 17, 2007 at 9:00 PM

I don’t know. We have some pretty secular Catholic schools in this country.

bnelson44 on December 17, 2007 at 9:03 PM

It was a totally planted comment meant to behead the Obama campaign.

SouthernGent on December 17, 2007 at 9:05 PM

amerpundit on December 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Edwards…….Pee Wee Herman meets the WWF.

Limerick on December 17, 2007 at 9:06 PM

amerpundit on December 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM

I think we should concentrate on our own nomniee since any of ours are infinitely better than theirs. They just can NOT compete in the arena of ideas and what’s best for America. They just can’t! We need to nominate someone who can articulate the differences, of which there are many.

SouthernGent on December 17, 2007 at 9:07 PM

It was a totally planted comment meant to behead the Obama campaign.

SouthernGent on December 17, 2007 at 9:05 PM

As much as this?

Don’t you just love the primary season?

bnelson44 on December 17, 2007 at 9:08 PM

amerpundit on December 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM

You know, I have changed my position on this lately, I think Obama scares me more that the Hildabeast. She is beatable, just give her enough rope and she will hang herself. She is not nearly as smooth as Billy Jeff, and has showed us this very day that she can’t think on her feet with unscripted questions. She just cackles like an idiot.

conservnut on December 17, 2007 at 9:08 PM

Well golly gee wiz Bob, I’m sure that Ted Kennedy didn’t mean to drown Mary Jo Kopechne at Chappaquiddick and Cigarman didn’t mean to violate several trusts when he diddled with Monica Lewinsky any more than you meant to show off your racist side, but no matter how you spin explain it at the end of the day, it is what it is. Such is reality.

By the way Bob, have you noticed how tired Hillary is looking lately?

DannoJyd on December 17, 2007 at 9:09 PM

amerpundit on December 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Good question. I think it might depend on which Republican is nominated.

bnelson44 on December 17, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Bob Kerry heads up the New School

That place is totally in the tank for Hillary.  The New School is made up of several colleges and here are some of the trustees who are also HillRaisers Bundlers or other funders even above that level

Even above the level of HillRaiser is Fred Hochberg the son of Lillian Vernon who ran the Small Business Administration for Bill Clinton is the Dean of the Milano school which is part of the New School.

Also Leo J Hindery is there as a trustee and is another fundraiser above the HillRaiser level.

Norman Hsu who we all know

Blair Effron husband of Cheryl Cohen Effron
Maggie Williams ex Hillary Chief of Staff now head also of HillPac
John A Catsimatidis
Jay T Snyder
Sally Sussman
Bernard L Schwartz ex CEO of Loral (think Chinese missle tech)

Now what is the odds of all those major fund raisers for Hillary in one small 3rd string school.

CommentGuy on December 17, 2007 at 9:10 PM

An interesting thing here is the language. مدرسة means “school” in Arabic. It also is linked in the American public’s mind with “religious school”, mainly because so many of the madrassas exist wholly or mostly for religious purposes–the word “madrassa” has an emotional connotation. Thus Kerrey likely knew of the importance of the different meanings here and knew the effect of what he said.

Chap on December 17, 2007 at 9:10 PM

What is Bob Kerrey doing as the head of anything?

What a maroon.

normsrevenge on December 17, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Right now from the polls I have seen if Edwards wasn’t there Obama would probably take out Hillary in Iowa but there will likely be a vote split between them.

CommentGuy on December 17, 2007 at 9:12 PM

“… as an African American he can speak, in an authentic way, to under-performing black youth who I think will follow his example.”

Didn’t Bob get the talking points on this…? BO’s not black enough!

T J Green on December 17, 2007 at 9:14 PM

The New School has also received over a million dollars in earmarks from Hillary.

CommentGuy on December 17, 2007 at 9:15 PM

Is there such thing as a “secular madrassa”? I understood there were Islamic schools, that is, schools that are operated and/or funded by a mosque or Islamic center, and madrassas, which are theological schools.

Was I wrong in my understanding of that?

flipflop on December 17, 2007 at 9:15 PM

The House is finally getting to the omnibus funding bill right now and if they finish it by midnight as planned that works out to about a billion dollars a minute spending they will have up for consideration.

CommentGuy on December 17, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Hillary will do anything to be elected…

d1carter on December 17, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Chap on December 17, 2007 at 9:10 PM

Thanks for that.

Spirit of 1776 on December 17, 2007 at 9:26 PM

BOB KERREY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS SAYING WHEN HE SAID HIS FATHER WAS A MUSLIM; HIS PATERNAL GRANMOTHER IS A MUSLIM; A BILLION PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET ARE MUSLIMS. HE WAS SAYING THAT BARACK HUSSIEN OBAMA IS A MUSLIM, AND IF YOU ELECT HIM HE AND HIS BILLION MUSLIM FRIENDS WILL TAKE OVER AMERICA.
THIS IS NO WELL-MEANING IGNORAMUS. THIS IS A COLD, CALCULATING, CLINTON OPERATIVE.

RMR on December 17, 2007 at 9:30 PM

Deliberate faux-innocent smear that was hapless and heavy-handed. Remember this is Hillary we’re talking about. Bill was/is the Artful Dodger.

INC on December 17, 2007 at 9:32 PM

RMR, since you like caps, here are some: STFU.

baldilocks on December 17, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Please.

That sound you hear is my head exploding.

Vinnie on December 17, 2007 at 9:33 PM

The omnibus spending bill is now up in the House and that works out to 9.2 billion per minute with the one hour allowed for debate on the bill.

CommentGuy on December 17, 2007 at 9:45 PM

“You have to know when your about to say something like that
someone will twist it especially this age of internet and the blogs”.

He means Hillary’s campaign thugs that have played the
dirty on Obama,because I haven’t seen any twisty on the right blogs,maybe I’m wrong,I dunno.

“Did you think about that before you talked about that”.

Are you telling me a Liberal took the time to think about
the consequence’s of their words before they make ridiculous
statements,ooh this is good libspeak.

And when Bob said he met with obama,did he say met or
mellowed Obama,That’s what it sounded like!

canopfor on December 17, 2007 at 9:51 PM

Vinnie,

I tend to agree with RW Wacko. While I usually disagree with Kerrey, at least he had common sense and actually loved his country. I also tend to respect those that earned the Medal of Honor as a Navy SEAL. Unlike the other Kerrey, he is a war hero.

It does sound like he needs to switch to decaf on this Obama stuff though.

The Opinionator on December 17, 2007 at 10:05 PM

[RMR on December 17, 2007 at 9:30 PM]

I didn’t quite catch all that, RMR. Could you repeat it using a bigger font?

Dusty on December 17, 2007 at 10:13 PM

My take is that Kerrey knew and knows exactly what he is doing. It’s all intentional and he’s sowing this crap at Hillary’s behest. Now whether it is closely or loosely coordinated depends on what list he is on at Bill and Hillary’s Vast Influence Trading & Network Foundation. Look for the smear bundlers to pop up after X-mas.

Dusty on December 17, 2007 at 10:21 PM

The Opinionator on December 17, 2007 at 10:05 PM

Well, there was that inconvenient little civilian massacre business in ‘Nam which came to light around the time he decided not to be a Senator any more, and become an academic.

a capella on December 17, 2007 at 10:24 PM

I put Kerrey in the same league as Isiah Thomas. I would label both of them as a wolf in sheep’s clothing. They come across as likeable and well-meaning gents but underneath lies a naughty little boy who would trip an old lady crossing the street to get her purse.

Kerrey was an openly biased critic of the Bush administration during the 9/11 hearings, completely overlooking any and all mistakes made by the Clinton administration leading up to 9/11.

Kerrey knew what he was saying, and meant it. He’s a Clinton operative.

fogw on December 17, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Not only did Kerrey do this on purpose, but CNN was in on it as well.

faraway on December 17, 2007 at 10:30 PM

“And it’s going to be a great asset to Hillary that she spent that amount of time dancing with the tribes of human-sacrificing head-shrinkers when it comes time to deal diplomatically with human-sacrificing head-shrinkers. Nothing but positive.”

AmericanDad on December 17, 2007 at 10:30 PM

I’m surprised CNN did not describe Kerrey as just a “random man on the street”.

faraway on December 17, 2007 at 10:32 PM

I thought these were the “facts” about Obama’s time in Indonesia:
1. Obama was registered by his family as a Muslim at both of the schools he attended
2. Obama learned about Islam for two hours each week in religion class
3. Obama sometimes went to Friday prayers at the local mosque
4. As a child, Obama had spent time in the neighborhood’s Islamic center

Someone please tell me if any of these facts are incorrect.

faraway on December 17, 2007 at 10:49 PM

And, lets see…. Mitt is a Mormon. And, oh goodness… Huckabee is a (gasp) Christian.

faraway on December 17, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Deliberate faux-innocent smear or well-meaning ignoramus?

I say, “hiding in plain sight”. DELIBERATE.

I do not recall Bobby Boy jumping on the Ellison band wagon and Keith IS a muslim. AND there was a hell of a lot more controversy when he decided to be sworn in while placing his hand on a koran.

You want to see racism? Look no further than the DNC. THERE is your plantation America. Just look at what Team Clinton has been doing.

“Obama is a drug dealer”….He is black after all. Blacks deal drugs right??? (That’s Team Hillary folks)

“He is a muslim”……There are no white muslims right? (That is Team Hillary folks)

“Look at what he wrote when he was in elementary school”…Obviously has an inferior education since he did not attend the same school that Hillary did. (This is Team Hillary)

The only way a black person gets the D nomination is if there are NO whites running. If there are whites running, th e DNC policy is “get to the back of the bus”…..or else.

Talon on December 17, 2007 at 10:57 PM

RMR, since you like caps, here are some: STFU.

baldilocks on December 17, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Baldilocks. If you knew anything about my history of posting on this website, you will know that this is the first time I have ever posted in all caps. I did it to emphasize a point.
But speaking of what people like. The next time you decide to use an obsure acronym(STFU?) accompanied by a link, at least make sure that link provides an immediate and adequate meaning of your cherished STFU et al.
Don’t try and use my post as an opportunity to generate web traffic. If you want me to vist your website, just ask.
RMR on December 17, 2007 at 9:30 PM]

I didn’t quite catch all that, RMR. Could you repeat it using a bigger font?

Dusty on December 17, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Thanks for the reminder Dusty. I need to clean out my book shelves.

RMR on December 17, 2007 at 11:54 PM

A Rovian genius.

Griz on December 17, 2007 at 11:57 PM

….accompanied by a link…If you want me to vist your website, just ask.
RMR on December 17, 2007 at 9:30 PM]

RMR, any commenter here can set up their nic to link to their own blog, or in the case of one that I know of, right back here to HA. The link appears in every comment they post, and has nothing to do with the content, or recipient, of their comment.

RushBaby on December 18, 2007 at 12:06 AM

Putting aside “hit job” speculation for a moment…

It is ridiculous to suggest that Obama’s former Muslim status would be anything like an advantage.

As it is, it requires convenient Islamic excuses to pardon him as an apostate because he “converted” so young. One thing is for sure – Zawahiri and Osama will declare a fatwa against him on day one. The following rhetoric will put all of the Bush-Satan stuff to shame.

At very least it will be harder for him to get a hand shake than Condi Rice. How is that good for us?

Agrippa2k on December 18, 2007 at 12:51 AM

I was more annoyed with the nasalized vocal style of the empty suit asking the questions.

MrC_5150 on December 18, 2007 at 1:18 AM

“Oh, and I will completely pass over the fact he used to take cocaine.”

Tzetzes on December 18, 2007 at 1:25 AM

Talon on December 17, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Preach on Brother!

RMR on December 17, 2007 at 11:54 PM

from google.com: Results 1 – 10 of about 6,620,000 for STFU. (0.07 seconds)

Please pass what you’re smoking.

The Race Card on December 18, 2007 at 4:31 AM

Poor RMR. Learning this way is painful.

“Obscure” acronym. LOL.

Chap on December 18, 2007 at 7:56 AM

There is a real “long in the tooth” aspect to Hillary supporters, which is a good thing. May they not to soon enough retire to the dustbin of history.

The fact that America doesn’t want a Muslim for president, or anyone too closely associated with Islam, is another good thing. Anyone that thinks having Barry as prez is a chance for peace with Islam is a fool. I’m sure all the troops from Persia landing in Nicaragua would see that as the green light to head north over the open border.

Hening on December 18, 2007 at 8:16 AM