Video: Hillary playing timeline games again?

posted at 4:13 pm on December 13, 2007 by Allahpundit

Star tipster RLW gave me a heads up on this earlier but I thought it was kind of silly; I see now that it caught Captain Ed’s attention too, so I’ll run it up the flagpole and see how it flies. Follow the link to see the objection. She does, of course, have a track record of misremembering her age to suit the political occasion, as Ed notes, but (a) I couldn’t have told you when the Apollo program started so I can’t fault Hillary’s memory for being hazy, (b) she’s probably using “fifth grade” simply as a generic reference for “when I was young,” (c) even if she isn’t, she’s not necessarily suggesting that the program coincided with her being in fifth grade, merely that that’s when her interest in science began, and (d) eh. We’ve got bigger fish to fry. A sharp catch by both gents, though, and a reminder that it’s always wise to check the Glacier’s facts.

Comments

I like the pic; looks like she’s had a few, and is about ready to fall down.

Frozen Tex on December 13, 2007 at 4:16 PM

The Apollo Program, as distinct from the Mercury and Gemini programs, went from 1968 (first flight of Apollo 7) to 1973 (last moon mission Apollo 17).

Hillary Clinton was born in October 1947.

When Apollo 7 lifted off inaugurating the Apollo program she was 21 years old.

I doubt very much she was in 5th grade.

Always Right on December 13, 2007 at 4:21 PM

I’m not as old as old HIL, but nearly.

What she’s remembering, especially with reference to “studying math and science” is the fear generated in the US by the USSR’s Sputnik program (1957). Our fear, her joy. Figures, the young commie.

JiangxiDad on December 13, 2007 at 4:23 PM

The master of screencaps strikes again. Great capture!

aero on December 13, 2007 at 4:23 PM

I don’t think is really fair to say she connected the Apollo program and 5th grade, especially in the context of a high stress speaking situation like a final debate.

She may have switched in her mind to Sputnik and not really made that verbally clear.

There’s plenty of better stuff to focus on.

pedestrian on December 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM

So now you’re suggesting she’s confusing an unmanned Soviet beep-beep satellite with the American program to land men on the Moon?

Oy… she must REALLY be sniffing that airplane glue.

Always Right on December 13, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Hey I pointed it out on the open thread about the debate.
/I will not be denied my credit.

Oh no Hillary talking about when she was a little girl. Uh Hill you were in college when the space race was in full swing. She was talking about her 5th grade teacher.

LakeRuins on December 13, 2007 at 2:40 PM

LakeRuins on December 13, 2007 at 4:25 PM

I think the point is: she was as much inspired by the Apollo program as a little girl as she was a Yankee fan growing up in Chicago.

IOW:

PANDER LIE and BS the American people endlessly and expect them to swallow it all.

Always Right on December 13, 2007 at 4:26 PM

I would like to say how much I sincerely regret my statement about Barack Obama’s sordid drug history and my implication that he sold crack cocaine to minority children. It was wrong of me to bring up his dope-fiend background and I apologize for mentioning that he’s very candid about using a vast panoply of illegal narcotics. Therefore I’m resigning, to continue to tell the shocking truth about Barack Obama’s Reefer Madness as a private citizen, completely unaffiliated with Senator clinton’s positive, America-focused campaign.

Okay, he didn’t really say that, but it strikes me as a kamikaze move all the same.

see-dubya on December 13, 2007 at 4:31 PM

The Clintons are so used to rewriting history, that whatever she says cannot be fact cheked. She decides what’s fact or not fact. Got it? Get it? Good.

roninacreage on December 13, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Hillery is correct, because she is referring to the Soviet space program of the 50′s, when indeed, she was a little commie.

AZCON on December 13, 2007 at 4:44 PM

and wasn’t it also when she was working as like, a sharecropper or something in CA, or gutting fish in Alaska?

max1 on December 13, 2007 at 4:52 PM

max1 on December 13, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Are you perhaps referring to when she was a little girl in an upper middle class Chicago neighborhood, who, on Saturday mornings, would walk over to the Mexican migrant workers’ camp and “help.” Actually, I’d like to hear Dorothy Rodham’s reminisces about this incident too. She said that Hillary was always helping people. I’m sure she remembers this.

JiangxiDad on December 13, 2007 at 4:54 PM

I’m sure that HRC was remembering Sputnik and her teacher urging students to study subjects that would aid the country in winning the Cold War.

Can anyone imagine a teacher today encouraging students to study subjects that would aid this country in winning the GWOT?

rw on December 13, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Wrong. The first test flight of a Saturn rocket was in 1961.

Cuffy Meigs on December 13, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Dang, How stupid is this woman??? Still in the 5th grade at 21???

conservnut on December 13, 2007 at 5:37 PM

Figures, the young commie.

JiangxiDad on December 13, 2007 at 4:23 PM
LOL

christophercube on December 13, 2007 at 5:52 PM

She must have been the smartest girl in the 5th grade.

christophercube on December 13, 2007 at 5:53 PM

I was in the 8th grade when the moon landing happened. She is older than I and I hope that she is called out on this and not just by me. The moon landing by the way was in 69 and her being what 10 yrs. older than me at least, well question mark?

mjkazee on December 13, 2007 at 6:10 PM

She had her mind on a cute young female intern with milky white skin waiting for her backstage.

benrand on December 13, 2007 at 7:16 PM

Did she say “Attack Ole Global Warming”?
(And is that like taking on Old Man Winter?)

Tzetzes on December 13, 2007 at 8:51 PM

When I was a young girl I was studying to become President of The United
States, not doing drugs or selling crack to young black muslim children…although I should not have mentioned that Barack Osama did that as a young uppity negro drug dealer…

sabbott on December 14, 2007 at 6:44 AM

(4) eh.

Back to regularly scheduled Huck-up Air.

Mark Jaquith on December 14, 2007 at 12:50 PM