Hillary to Obama: Hey, sorry that my desperate ploy blew up in my face

posted at 11:52 am on December 13, 2007 by Allahpundit

Uh huh. Read Novak this morning. Anyone not think this “apology” was planned, scripted, and scheduled even before Billy Shaheen ran that drugs attack up the flagpole?

Seriously, though, she’s a very nice girl. Click the image to watch.

hill-mom2.jpg

Update: Commenter amerpundit says this just arrived in his inbox from the Obama campaign. Apology not accepted, I guess.

In an increasingly desperate effort to slow Senator Clinton’s slide, the focus of the Clinton campaign has moved from Barack Obama’s kindergarten years to his teenage years.

On Wednesday, their top advisor in New Hampshire tried to recycle old news by smearing Barack for experimenting with drugs as a young man — something Barack candidly wrote about years ago in his memoir and has since talked about with young people in an effort to teach them the lessons he learned from his mistakes.

The only way to stop these kinds of tired, desperate attacks is to demonstrate very clearly that they have a real cost to Senator Clinton’s campaign.

Comments

Hillary must have an FBI file on poor Dorothy.

RushBaby on December 13, 2007 at 11:54 AM

Speaking of which, I just got an email from Obama’s campaign about this.

This race took a sharply negative turn yesterday.

With recent polls giving Barack the lead in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina, and just three weeks left before the Iowa caucuses, the attacks on Barack’s character that Hillary Clinton has called “the fun part” of this campaign have reached a new low.

If 5,000 people donate in the next 24 hours, we can show their campaign that we reject this kind of divisive politics. Make your donation of $25 now.

Backfiring?

amerpundit on December 13, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Hillary to ______: Hey, sorry that my desperate ploy blew up in my face

I think that’ll be seen a lot in the future. Or should be, anyway.

Frozen Tex on December 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Her moms video kinda made me throw up a little in my mouth.

commonsensehoosier on December 13, 2007 at 11:58 AM

Hillary must have an FBI file on poor Dorothy.

RushBaby on December 13, 2007 at 11:54 AM

That was wicked. :)

JiangxiDad on December 13, 2007 at 12:01 PM

Embarrassed to confess that I fell for Dorothy hook line and sinker. She seemed so genuine. How can this be???

JiangxiDad on December 13, 2007 at 12:03 PM

What time is today’s dem debate?

swami on December 13, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Two thumbs way up on the headline, AP.

mikeyboss on December 13, 2007 at 12:07 PM

What time is today’s dem debate?

swami on December 13, 2007 at 12:06 PM

2PM Central/3PM Eastern.

amerpundit on December 13, 2007 at 12:10 PM

swami on December 13, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Same as yesterday, 2 p.m. ET

Spirit of 1776 on December 13, 2007 at 12:10 PM

JiangxiDad on December 13, 2007 at 12:03 PM

The first generation creates; the second generation enjoys; the third generation destroys.

mikeyboss on December 13, 2007 at 12:11 PM

JiangxiDad on December 13, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Yes, that was so sweet. You could tell she was Hillary’s mom because of the snear that came over her face when she see “not like some other people.” Looks like she picked up a little of Bill in the way she ended with the highly parseable “I sometimes think she should be President even if she wasn’t my daugher.”

pedestrian on December 13, 2007 at 12:11 PM

What time is today’s dem debate?

swami on December 13, 2007 at 12:06 PM

2pm eastern on FNC, I belive I heard just a little while ago.

techno_barbarian on December 13, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Apology not accepted, I guess.

Apology pounced upon as money-raising opportunity! w00t!

RushBaby on December 13, 2007 at 12:12 PM

2PM Central/3PM Eastern.

amerpundit on December 13, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Sorry, it’s 1PM CT. I checked the NYT calender and realized the times were in Eastern, not local.

amerpundit on December 13, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Barack doesn’t have the gonads to confront her person at the debate. I doubt he has the wherewithal to take advantage of any stumble she gives him.

SouthernGent on December 13, 2007 at 12:14 PM

I should note that the email goes on to say, “In fact, even Republicans think its beyond the pale.” Gee, thanks pal.

amerpundit on December 13, 2007 at 12:17 PM

!All Hail Dorothy, the Commie Mommy!

AZCON on December 13, 2007 at 12:18 PM

More like…

I’m sorry that this ploy was traced back to my campaign.

indianaconservative on December 13, 2007 at 12:18 PM

I’m sorry I got caught, and in the future, I’ll try to be harder to trace.

Frozen Tex on December 13, 2007 at 12:22 PM

smearing Barack for experimenting with drugs as a young man

What, how old is he now, like 36?

He’s about 18 months old in politician years.

saint kansas on December 13, 2007 at 12:24 PM

I suppose Barrack only smoked some weed but he did not inhale!

robo on December 13, 2007 at 12:33 PM

“Things got a little out of hand,” he tells her. “It’s just this war and that lying son of a bitch, Johnson! I would never hurt you. You know that.”

lorien1973 on December 13, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Barack sniffed but he didn’t snort….
no sense of humor i guess…

max1 on December 13, 2007 at 12:39 PM

lorien1973 on December 13, 2007 at 12:38 PM

From Gump, right?

mikeyboss on December 13, 2007 at 12:45 PM

That ad reminds me of one that aired here in MN when Rod Grahms was running for Senate. One that I still remember and make fun of to this day. He had his mom on trying to be warm & fuzzy and play up her MN accent. At the end she goes, “Uff dah. Vote for Rod.” It comes off as smarmy and really insincere no matter who you are to have the mom in there.

foxforce91 on December 13, 2007 at 12:45 PM

foxforce91 on December 13, 2007 at 12:45 PM

“Vote For Him; because, you know, his Mom would.”

Frozen Tex on December 13, 2007 at 12:48 PM

“Hillary was never envious of anyone” Thats kind of an odd thing for a Mom to say.

ctmom on December 13, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Once again, these “unauthorized” comments and strategies do not reflect official Clinton positions? I’ll take her at her word went it comes to incompetence; if Hillary can’t manage a campaign staff, she sure shouldn’t be POTUS.

T J Green on December 13, 2007 at 1:05 PM

From Gump, right?

mikeyboss on December 13, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Yep. Sums up Hillary’s defense, doesnt it?

Obama. I’d never bring up drugs, if it weren’t for those lying Republicans (who will bring it up later).

lorien1973 on December 13, 2007 at 1:09 PM

I don’t condone his drug use or think he should get a pass, but at least he admitted to doing it and counsels teens who might be headed down that same path. He was supposedly in high school when it happened.

How do you handle something like that when you’re a Clinton? Lie, Lie, Lie!! Admit nothing about your crimes – whether it concerns traitorous acts on foreign soil while the country is at war, sexual harrasment, rape, smoking dope, having sex with that woman, etc., etc.

Queeter on December 13, 2007 at 1:13 PM

Am I the only one who never recalls seeing Hillary’s mom before? Certainly never out there campaigning for her and trying to put a soft face on a woman who has got to be one of the most unpleasant human beings on the face of the planet. I guess I always assumed Hillary just hatched from the pod- already clad in one of those pants suits she thinks hides her “problem areas.”

As to Obama’s drug problem. He seems to be taking the strategy of claiming that his “disclosure” makes him immune from anybody ever mentioning it again. It does not and he’s no hero telling school children to stay off the drugs. In best light, it shows that Obama had flaws in his character that make it questionable if he has the moral grounding to be a leader.

highhopes on December 13, 2007 at 1:20 PM

She was designed and assembled in a secret Democrat lab by Democrat communist scientists seeking to win the Cold War by subterfuge; it just took longer than they expected to get her operational.

Frozen Tex on December 13, 2007 at 1:28 PM

Thanks all for clarifying the debate. I’ll miss it due to work. Open thread AP?

swami on December 13, 2007 at 1:30 PM

…These comments were not authorized or condoned by the campaign in any way.

They really think we are that stupid. Plausible deniability only works for IRAN.

ronsfi on December 13, 2007 at 1:35 PM

Hey Hillary…take that!

Now that was a lot cheaper than Osamas $25 dollar balloon money invitation to stick it to her.

BL@KBIRD on December 13, 2007 at 1:45 PM

Hillary’s mom. How quaint. Damien’s mother looked like a nice person also.

deepdiver on December 13, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Osama…sorry, I meant Barack Saddam Hussein Obama. Bad memory.

BL@KBIRD on December 13, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Am I the only one who never recalls seeing Hillary’s mom before?

Someone will find this woman on IMDB credited with playing “Hillary’s mom” (TV, 2007).

Is she the one who named her after Sir Edmund Hillary?

saint kansas on December 13, 2007 at 1:52 PM

Gag

Ann on December 13, 2007 at 2:48 PM

She must have some good dirt on her Mom.

ronsfi on December 13, 2007 at 3:04 PM

So, Hillary’s mom thinks Hillary is a nice person and ought to be President? And this is working on people as a persuasive argument?

Well, if any of the ladies here are looking, my mom says I’m handsome, and a nice guy… and I’m single. How you doin’?

Why does this work for Hillary, but has never worked for me?

gekkobear on December 13, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Can’t wait for some bright young wag in the O’Bama camp to get the bright idea of hiring a plane to write “Surrender Dorothy” over the Wicked Witch’s castle…

mojo on December 13, 2007 at 4:09 PM

shouldn’t she apologise to republicans, in who’s mouth she attempted to place her smear of obama? again?

jummy on December 13, 2007 at 4:31 PM

I see where Hillary gets her good looks.

LtE126 on December 13, 2007 at 4:39 PM

“smearing Barack for experimenting with drugs as a young man — something Barack candidly wrote about years ago in his memoir”
So the fact that he wrote about it candidly means we should not bring this up ?

SIJ6141 on December 13, 2007 at 6:44 PM

If Shillary wins the nomination, anyone want to bet that Shaheen ends up back on the payroll after taking the fall?

William Teach on December 13, 2007 at 7:03 PM

It is crucially important that our next president, his staff, and the Senate and the House, be rife with drug using, drugged out, stupified persons, so that our president and his or her staff, and the legislative branch, will be too out of it to act against future attacks by Islamic Jihadis, ilegal aliens, and tax and spend liberals.

That way they can continue in their stupor and continue to believe in pink bunnies, flying pigs, and a happy world in which we all join hands, place our heads firmly on the floor, with our behinds up high, and submit.

William2006 on December 13, 2007 at 7:06 PM

Her moms video kinda made me throw up a little in my mouth.

commonsensehoosier on December 13, 2007 at 11:58 AM

Ha! Other people in the internet cafe are giving me weird looks. “Why’s that guy laughing?”

Tzetzes on December 13, 2007 at 9:57 PM