Video: Geraldo demagogues the hell out of the GOP Spanish-language debate

posted at 5:52 pm on December 10, 2007 by Allahpundit

It’s as true today as it was in June: “Geraldo sees no dimension to this rather highly multidimensional issue except race.” That’s why he’s so free and easy about tossing out Nazi analogies and voicing his creepy little spitting fantasies publicly, and that’s why he’s so casual here in equating the GOP position on amnesty with “hate.” When you’ve convinced yourself your opponent is the devil, why bother trying to be fair?

Here’s a quick edit of some of his greatest hits from last night, with a big assist from the ‘Busters. Note the especially crude appeal to racial-block voting at the end, aimed at people “with mustaches like mine.”

Comments

People with mustaches like him aren’t all hispanic. Harry Reems was Jewish.

GogglesPisano on December 10, 2007 at 5:55 PM

GERALDO RIVERA: In the current anti-immigration climate did these Republican debates convince Hispanics that they don’t hate them?

il-le-gal

not according to or authorized by law

Origin: Middle French or Medieval Latin

Example: Most Republicans oppose illegal immigration, not legal immigration.

Example 2: Geraldo Rivera is obviously unable to distinguish between legal and illegal immigration.

amerpundit on December 10, 2007 at 5:58 PM

John Bolton’s mustache is going to beat the living daylights out of Geraldo.

Frozen Tex on December 10, 2007 at 5:58 PM

I hate you Jerry, and I’m not even a Republican.

Pablo on December 10, 2007 at 5:58 PM

Geraldo needs to brush up on this article, and this reality.

Entelechy on December 10, 2007 at 5:59 PM

NEWSFLASH ::::::

I do not give a rats pee-pee what GeraldoMan has to say about anything.

Evah.

Always Right on December 10, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Seems to me that getting smashed in the face with a chair all those years ago may have caused Geraldo more damage than was originally thought.

GT on December 10, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Douchebag, Douche thy self!

liquidflorian on December 10, 2007 at 6:04 PM

News flash: Not all Hispanics think Republicans hate them.

terryannonline on December 10, 2007 at 6:05 PM

You mean Jerry Rivers, right?

TBinSTL on December 10, 2007 at 6:05 PM

- and is pointing to herself as evidence:)

terryannonline on December 10, 2007 at 6:05 PM

I have come to loathe Geraldo and turn the channel when he comes on. According to Geraldo, anyone who disagrees with him on his various issues is a hater. He doesn’t believe in honest debate and difference of opinions. Geraldo is into character assassination. A true liberal.

katieanne on December 10, 2007 at 6:07 PM

Maybe he should do a special on opening Al(berto) “Capone” Gonzales’ vault of lost hispanic votes.

peski on December 10, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Wait! Pigs don’t have lips?!?

LipStick spittleboy it’s ‘putting lipstick on a pig.’

- The Cat

MirCat on December 10, 2007 at 6:09 PM

You mean Jerry Rivers, right?

TBinSTL on December 10, 2007 at 6:05 PM

I hate you Jerry, and I’m not even a Republican.

Pablo on December 10, 2007 at 5:58 PM

As a Republican, I despise Hispanics Geraldo.

But can we please put the ridiculous Jerry Rivers myth to rest? Its persistance mars our credibility.

The Race Card on December 10, 2007 at 6:10 PM

WE don;t hate you because of your heritage or stash, GR, we hate you because you’re a dimwitted tool that froths like a maroon .

bbz123 on December 10, 2007 at 6:11 PM

pffffftttttttt….my grandma had a bigger mustache then that.

Limerick on December 10, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Like a natural reflex I turn the channel instantly. I learned long ago, Jerry ain’t nothin’ but white trailer trash on television. oops… hispanic trailer trash on television.

Griz on December 10, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Being a Hispanic Republican in Colorado as the 6th Generation here raising the 7th in my beloved state I am outraged at comments like his about illegal immigration. My first complaint is we are trying to defend businesses essentially creating a new slave labor pool in America. They don’t want legalization to occur. Imagine you own a business and if your workers don’t do what you say you threaten to have them deported and their families and say they won’t even get paid for work they have done for you. Sounds like a new version of slavery for the 21st Century to me.

And to equate the GOP with bigots and hate mongers is just ludicrous. Why the GOP continues to allow this myth of the Democrats are the ones who freed the slaves and passed the Civil Rights Bill is beyond me. Democrats blocked those actions repeatedly since the end of the Civil War. And as you can see when they have complete control of government like they did in Louisiana and they failed so bad that people died during a hurricane evacuation. But hey that was Bush’s fault, so called further proof that the GOP hates black people. Forget about that whole states rights section of the Constitution, but if he had come running in without permission it would be Cowboy Bush all over.

Fence at the Border. Action against companies who hire illegal aliens (yes they are illegal Mr. Dean), force them to pay their employees even if they are deported, and make English the official language of these United States of America. What do you think Allah?

jasoneverts on December 10, 2007 at 6:13 PM

So, I was shaving Geraldo’s mom’s back the other night, and it occurred to me…why does Fox News Channel keep him around?

flipflop on December 10, 2007 at 6:15 PM

We have a name for ‘staches like Geraldo’s around here:
d**k dusters

NTWR on December 10, 2007 at 6:18 PM

We have a name for ’staches like Geraldo’s around here:
d**k dusters

NTWR on December 10, 2007 at 6:18 PM

Don’t let John Bolton hear that… his mustache will come for you when it’s done with Geraldo.

Frozen Tex on December 10, 2007 at 6:20 PM

I think I’m going to write another letter to Fox – the mustachioed one has got to go before I watch Fox again.

Can the GOP sue for defamation??

fred5678 on December 10, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Has anyone looking into how many jobs building the fence will create? It’s kinda like those created by building highways.

- The Cat

MirCat on December 10, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Frozen Tex on December 10, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Craaaappp, didn’t think of that. But now that you mentioned it, Chuck Norris’ might come for me, too-AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

NTWR on December 10, 2007 at 6:25 PM

I’m so sick of Geraldo refusing to differentiate between ILLEGAL ALIENS and legal immigrants. Its insulting to all legal immigrants and especially to American Hispanics

Keli on December 10, 2007 at 6:35 PM

Gene Shalit is hispanic?

SouthernDem on December 10, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Pinche Cabron!

TheSitRep on December 10, 2007 at 7:02 PM

TheSitRep on December 10, 2007 at 7:02 PM

Cuidado con sus palabras:)

terryannonline on December 10, 2007 at 7:06 PM

People with mustaches like him aren’t all hispanic. Harry Reems was Jewish.

So’s Geraldo. It would be ironic if someone could show that his “mustache genes” came from his Jewish side….

calbear on December 10, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Slightly off-topic: I hate thinking of Geraldo eating a sandwich with mayo…omg! GROSS!

SouthernGent on December 10, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Geraldo is not an asset for FNC anymore at all, if ever he was. I kept an open mind about him and gave him a second chance after the “troop disclosure” debacle. That proved to be a bad decision on my part. Like many posters here, I simply turn the channel when the mustachioed one begins blathering. I’m all for fair and balanced, and I am a loyal FNC viewer, but I keep the remote close to avoid Geraldo, Greta & Shep. Not because they lean left, but because they are sanctimonious, sensationalist, holier than thou know it alls.

commonsensehoosier on December 10, 2007 at 7:15 PM

MODERATOR: Thank you, Mayor. Thank you, Mayor.

(APPLAUSE)

When talking about Cuba, Cuban dictatorship has survived nine

U.S. presidents. What would you do differently, that has not been

done so far, to bring democracy to Cuba? We’re going to start with Senator Thompson.

THOMPSON: I’m going to make sure that he didn’t survive 10 U.S. presidents.

/Go Fred!/

AZCON on December 10, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Dear Giraldo, Eat poo!

ronsfi on December 10, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Geraldine Rivers,

I would normally avoid such ad hominem, but really.

To actually wear a monstrosity like that on your face and then talk about it?

You, sir, are distasteful at a cellular level.

hillbillyjim on December 10, 2007 at 8:51 PM

P.S. Ghhhhhooiiiiicccchhhhhtt. pthu!!!!!!

(wiping spittle from chin)

hillbillyjim on December 10, 2007 at 8:52 PM

P.P.S.

There’s a reason for G.R.’s mucho macho schtick.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

hillbillyjim on December 10, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Demagogy: refers to a political strategy for obtaining and gaining political power by appealing to the popular prejudices, fears and expectations of the public

Yeah, thats the nice way to describe a lying bottom feeder like Geraldo.

Speakup on December 10, 2007 at 9:19 PM

Don’t y’all know how to spell?

It’s strategery, dude.

Just demagogying a little,

hbj

hillbillyjim on December 10, 2007 at 9:49 PM

Maybe FOX should hire an english speaking illegal alien to take Geraldo’s job, at a hundreth of his salary, see how he likes it(not neccessarily an illegal from England though, how about a hot Italian illegal chick,).

christophercube on December 10, 2007 at 11:20 PM

people “with mustaches like mine.”

Geraldo, people with mustaches like yours are named Snidely Whiplash and Dirk Dastardly.

James on December 11, 2007 at 7:48 AM