Huckabee tries to outdo Perino on Cuba; Update: Video added; Update: Are Cuba and Arkansas as disconnected as Huck claims?

posted at 6:17 pm on December 10, 2007 by Bryan

Well, there are two ways to look at this. One, Mike Huckabee doesn’t know much about foreign policy. Two, at least we know who his press secretary will be.

On Cuba, Thompson criticized Huckabee, who in 2002 asked President Bush to lift the embargo against that country, saying it “has not helped the people of Cuba.”

“He thinks we should lift the embargo against Castro. I disagree with that,” Thompson said today at the Bay of Pigs Museum in Miami. “I think it raises issues when politicians change their views on a dime to appeal to a particular group of people right before an election.” The governor recently issued a statement saying he supports the embargo.

Huckabee defended himself in Miami this morning, according to CBS News’ Joy Lin, saying his “major concern” in 2002 was to try and “revive a sagging economy” impacted by the recession. “Our rice markets were in trouble…At that time, my primary responsibility was simply to hear the concerns unique to my state,” he said.

Since then, Huckabee said, he had been able to find new markets for the rice market by going to Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea to find Asian markets for the state’s rice. Another reason for the policy change, explained Huckabee, was that he was “really not that aware” of the issues the issues that exist between Cuba and the United States.

“Being in Arkansas, that’s not one of the issues I am in close proximity with,” he said.

“…really not that aware” of the issues between the United States and Cuba. How is it even possible for someone who wants to be president not to know of the issues that stretch back to 1959 between the US and Cuba? Never mind the war that the US fought against Spain that ended up wresting Cuba from the Spanish empire. How could he not be aware of any of this? I was never governor of Arkansas or any other state, yet I’m aware of the issues between the US and Cuba.

Can we reasonably expect Huckabee to know the difference between a Shia and Sunni and how that might be relevant in the world today? Is that asking too much of someone who wants to run the foreign policy of the United States of America?

All this ignorance among our dear leaders is giving me a gigantic headache.

Update (AP): Here’s the video from Special Report.

Update (AP): I keep doing this piecemeal, in the course of other posts, but there are now enough examples of Huck’s ignorance or suspected ignorance in policy matters that it might be worth compiling them and putting them in their own entry. Revisit the AIDS post for a few. He thought the new NIE was four years old; he thought ICE was still known as INS; he thought Gitmo was a fine idea until he talked to some retired generals about it, and then very suddenly he didn’t; he thought the danger of transmitting HIV through casual contact was sufficient to warrant a quarantine six years after we knew it wasn’t; and now he appears to have known less about U.S.-Cuba relations than the average citizen until, at best, five years ago. And that’s not counting his adoption of the Fair Tax, which some conservatives regard as so nutty as to be practically disqualifying of any candidate who proposes it.

Here’s Mitt’s new ad, his first specifically targeting Huck, bypassing all of that and serving up some red meat. Sharp and effective. Meanwhile, Mickey Kaus and Dan Riehl both want to know why Huck’s suddenly gotten so shy about releasing his old sermons to the public. It’s not hard to guess in light of Drudge’s hit job on him this morning, but when it comes to presidential candidates, the more information we have, the better. Don’t worry about the Drudges trying to stir up garbage; if anything, that sort of thing only wins Huck votes. Let’s see the sermons.

Update: E-mails are trickling in now along the same lines as Dan Riehl’s post here. Arkansas may not be in “close proximity” with Cuba, but they’ve had enough proximity in the past to have possibly cost Bill Clinton the gubernatorial election in 1980.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I wonder how Che fits into his world.

Limerick on December 10, 2007 at 6:22 PM

I know fox gets a lot of its people from CNBC. I’d like to see them offer Emily Chan, Hong Kong correspondent. She’s awesome, and she’s going to get better!

I like her because she is hot and she speaks American English. Everybody else has an accent.

ThackerAgency on December 10, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Again, I have to ask what the Huck, Huck?
Will someone please get the hook and drag this joke of a presidential candidate offstage already?

NTWR on December 10, 2007 at 6:23 PM

I still think that the MSM is shilling for this guy to try and get him the nomination so that it will improve the Dems chances. Besides, they love ignorant people,.

bbz123 on December 10, 2007 at 6:24 PM

I wonder how Che fits into his world.

Limerick on December 10, 2007 at 6:22 PM

“Who’s that?” he asks.

thirteen28 on December 10, 2007 at 6:25 PM

“Who’s that?” he asks.

“You know, that guy in that motorcycle movie.”

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 6:26 PM

And the hits keep coming for Huckabee.

Fire for effect!

steveegg on December 10, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Buooooooohhhaaaaaahhhhaaaahaaaaaa.

Loser.

peski on December 10, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Ummm, Huck, Cuban troops were involved in communist revolutions in Angola and…oh forget it…

GogglesPisano on December 10, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Well the embargo really hasn’t worked. The idea was that it was supposed to turn the people against Castro. It looks like death will win before the embargo does.

I’m just disappointed I can’t get the Cohiba. I smoked one once and it was a heavenly experience.

ThackerAgency on December 10, 2007 at 6:27 PM

bbz123 on December 10, 2007 at 6:24 PM

I think there may be something to that, but it’s up to us to dump him.

peski on December 10, 2007 at 6:28 PM

if that were the cased id expect the msm to pimp paul like crazy

offroadaz on December 10, 2007 at 6:28 PM

“You know, that guy in that motorcycle movie.”

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 6:26 PM

You mean it wasn’t Neal Peart?

thirteen28 on December 10, 2007 at 6:28 PM

I think Huck’s well on his way from being Huckabee back to being Huckawho.

flipflop on December 10, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Test comment #79283. (Please ignore)

King of Fools on December 10, 2007 at 6:30 PM

I think Huck’s well on his way from being Huckabee back to being Huckawho.

flipflop on December 10, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Or Huckaboom.

steveegg on December 10, 2007 at 6:33 PM

UNFORGIVABLE.

After all, he doesn’t have cute hair and dimples.

Slublog on December 10, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Slublog on December 10, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Comment of the day, Slu.

steveegg on December 10, 2007 at 6:35 PM

Has today been a day full of “D’OHs” or what for republicans? Good lord, every conservative just needs to go to a bar, have a beer, go home and go to bed

Defector01 on December 10, 2007 at 6:36 PM

I’m guessing the answer is yes. Religious doctrinal quarrels seem to be a hobby of his. Maybe we should rewrite that…

Can we reasonably expect Huckabee to know the difference between a ShiaBaptist and Sunni Mormon and how that might be relevant in the world today?

There ya go.

Big S on December 10, 2007 at 6:37 PM

I bet Hillary and Obama are Googleing Cuba, Missiles of October, and Bay of Pigs.

Probably all of the candidates except Fred Thompson, and John McCain are pretty clueless about Cuba.

Rode Werk on December 10, 2007 at 6:38 PM

Slu, I was just thinking the same thing.

Look at all the crap we gave Dana this morning for this same kind of thing, and we are somehow about to nominate this $%#@$# guy??

I’m telling you, the end is very near people.

ChrisM on December 10, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Mark Levin just classified the Huckster as a Repubican.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2007 at 6:39 PM

I expect people on JayWalking to not know about Cuba and Castro….what I also expect is someone running for POTUS to know the hows and whys of how we got to where we are. Obviously Huck sees the criteria a bit differently then I do.

Limerick on December 10, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Rode Werk on December 10, 2007 at 6:38 PM

I’d guess that Giuliani, Romney, Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter probably know a thing or two about it as well. Really, I think Huckabee’s obliviousness probably stands alone.

Big S on December 10, 2007 at 6:40 PM

…pretty clueless about Cuba.

Florida is not a great place to be clueless about Cuba.

ChrisM on December 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Florida is not a great place to be clueless about Cuba.

ChrisM on December 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Florida is Rudy country.

bnelson44 on December 10, 2007 at 6:42 PM

“Who’s that?” he asks.
“You know, that guy in that motorcycle movie.”

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 6:26 PM

“Oh, I didn’t know people called Evel Knievel Che!”

Frozen Tex on December 10, 2007 at 6:42 PM

For those who don’t listen to Mark Levin, he calls RINO’s Re-pube-icans rather than Republicans.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2007 at 6:44 PM

Hey, my mom’s much older father fought in the Spanish American war.

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 6:44 PM

Mark Levin just classified the Huckster as a Repubican.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Did Levin clear that with Hugh The Decider?

steveegg on December 10, 2007 at 6:45 PM

bnelson44 on December 10, 2007 at 6:42 PM

Anyone but HuckPaul.
At least Hucksters rocket to fame has made people a little more receptive to some of the other candidates.

ChrisM on December 10, 2007 at 6:46 PM

FloatingRock on December 10, 2007 at 6:44 PM

Guess he did, not that I will disagree with that label. Didn’t notice the intentional misspelling at first.

steveegg on December 10, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Rode Werk on December 10, 2007 at 6:38 PM

I’m doubtful. I’d venture to say most of the Republican candidates have a good understanding of U.S.-Cuban relations.

amerpundit on December 10, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Didn’t notice the intentional misspelling at first.

steveegg on December 10, 2007 at 6:46 PM

I don’t think I would have either if I hadn’t typed it myself.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Mitt hits Huck on immigration in new ad

I hope it includes some of this material:

Governor Goobernator Huckabee Thursday heaped criticism upon immigration legislation in the Arkansas Legislature, describing it as “inflammatory . . . race-baiting and demagoguery.” He also challenged the Christian values of its main sponsor.
Huckabee said the bill, seeking to forbid public assistance and voting rights to undocumented immigrants, “inflames those who are racist and bigots and makes them think there’s a real problem. But there’s not.”

The bill is modeled after Proposition 200, approved by Arizona voters in November. The Arkansas measure was filed by Republican Sens. Jim Holt of Springdale and Denny Altes of Fort Smith.

Huckabee, also a Republican and a Baptist minister, said Arkansans should be welcoming hard-working immigrants of all races. He singled out Holt, who often talks of his strong Christian beliefs, saying, “I drink a different kind of Jesus juice. My faith says don’t make false accusations against somebody.

“In the Bible, it’s called don’t bear false witness.”

In response, Holt said he was hurt by the governor’s questioning his faith.

“I just want to uphold the law and protect the benefits that apply to citizens,” Holt said.

Which one sounds like a lunatic and which one sounds like a logical thinker? If you want to go around doing the Christian good and ignoring the law go become a monk or priest and leave the enforcing of laws to those who want to do it. I can’t believe that a Governor, someone who is looked upon as a person who is wanting the law to be upheld, could stoop to a personal attack on someone who is suggesting what the majority of the public wants.
More from Arkansas News - Gov. Mike Huckabee Thursday denounced a bill by Sen. Jim Holt that would deny state benefits to illegal immigrants as un-Christian, un-American, irresponsible and anti-life.
Holt, R-Springdale, replied later that Christian charity does not include turning a blind eye to lawbreaking.

Senate Bill 206, filed Wednesday, also would require proof of citizenzhip to register to vote and would require state agencies to report suspected cases of people living in the country illegally.

Holt replied, “I think the politically correct movement has misconstrued what compassion really means. They think compassion means that any person can disrespect our laws and that we’re supposed to be tolerant and let them get away with it.

“True compassion is correcting them so in the future they can be law-abiding citizens,” Holt said.

Amen to Jim Holt. Joe McCutchen, Chairman of Protect Arknsas NOW, a newly formed group supporting the bill had this to say.
“They broke the law,” he said. “My angst is not with them, though. My angst is with the state and federal government for not enforcing our laws.”
People living illegally in the United State has “overwhelmed our school and welfare system,” McCutchen said. As for whether the bill reflects un-Christian attitudes, McCutchen said: “Jim Holt is as good a man and as good a Christian as any man walking this Earth.”

“Doggone it, the rule of law is not being upheld, and that’s wrong,” McCutchen said.

This is all anyone needs to know about The High Reverend Huckster’s views on illegal “immigration”.

Speaking of Cuba, the way the Huckster has been lying lately, his nose must be long enough to be somewhere over Cuba by now.

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Nice little piece on Huck’s speech compensation by R.J. Reynolds through a front organization, while Lt Gov. The best part is his spin. He claims he didn’t know. Several others say he did, and even met with a couple of the tobacco execs. He needs to just ‘fess up to some of this stuff and it would probably go away. Most of it is forgivable, but the constant spinning gets on my nerves.

a capella on December 10, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Update (AP): Here’s the video from Special Report.

That is just mind boggling that he could say that. This is something everybody I went to grade school with has known about since grade school, and I’m younger than Huckabee.

It will be even more mind boggling if people give him a pass on this.

thirteen28 on December 10, 2007 at 6:55 PM

Any chance of getting all these Huck threads out to Iowa?

JiangxiDad on December 10, 2007 at 6:55 PM

FloatingRock on December 10, 2007 at 6:44 PM

BTW, I was only paying partial attention to Levin, so there’s a small chance I misunderstood him about Huckabee.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2007 at 6:55 PM

Somebody who’s good with video – take a clip of Huck saying this, then add the following voicever:

Mike Huckabee – Forrest Gump on foreign policy.

Catchy enough?

thirteen28 on December 10, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Can we reasonably expect Huckabee to know the difference between a Shia Baptist and Sunni Mormon and how that might be relevant in the world today?

There ya go.

Big S on December 10, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Sounds familiar.

No change of heart about the Sunni Mormons, who if not quite “Rafidite dogs” nonetheless should not be permitted to lord it over the Shia Baptists.

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 6:59 PM

It will be even more mind boggling if people give him a pass on this.

thirteen28 on December 10, 2007 at 6:55 PM

But you forget, Huckabee is God’s anointed one, just ask him.

And Chuck’s too!

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 7:01 PM

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 6:59 PM

Y’all are kind of missing the point of that original question, dontcha think. We’re not at war in any way that renders Baptists vs Mormons a relevant foreign policy question. The war we are fighting does make Shia vs Sunni relevant, though.

As things stand now, this Baptist would consider voting for the Mormon in the race and wouldn’t dream of voting for the fellow Baptist. There’s too much Gomer in that governor.

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 7:03 PM

I want a COHIBA! MMMMM DOUBLE MMMMMM. Imposters don’t come close to the smooth experience of the glorious Cuban roll.

Cohiba
Cohiba
Cohiba
Cohiba

ThackerAgency on December 10, 2007 at 7:09 PM

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 6:52 PM

He suffers of Münchhausen syndrome, self-inflicted factitious disorder? Or is experiencing the The Adventures of Pinocchio Huckabee?

On the Cuban embargo, I differ, but know full well that it isn’t ever going to be politically feasible. Sunshine would have eradicated that mold (as in fungi) from an otherwise regional paradise a while ago. After Fidel/Raul die, it will still be difficult for a while and the transition will be complicated somewhat by the overly eager FL Cubans. However, it will happen in my lifetime and I must, I must see a Cuba libre (because I refuse to visit a shackled one).
Fire away!

Entelechy on December 10, 2007 at 7:12 PM

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 6:59 PM

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 7:03 PM

No, I don’t think that I’all did miss your point

Something tells me that you may have missed mine though, as The High Reverend Huckster, and many of his supporters, seem to be fighting more of an Evangelical v. Mormon war than a Sunni v. Shiite war right now.

That was my point. Not in contradiction to yours.

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 7:13 PM

I like Mitt’s add. Many complain that the Christian vote always goes to the first to go pro-life. Mitt points out that he, too, has that qualification.

But illegal immigration is at least as great a threat to this country as abortion.

There’s a town near me where there are so many people living in single-family houses that the city sewer doesn’t work anymore. The inventive undocumented workers simply piped the toilets out to the gutters. The over-run of our infrastructure has got to stop!

NTWR on December 10, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Entelechy on December 10, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Look at the means which a man employs, consider his motives, observe his pleasures. A man simply cannot conceal himself.
- Confucius

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 7:19 PM

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Gotcha. I wish you weren’t right about that, but you seem to be.

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 7:21 PM

If Evangelicals manage to get this fool nominated, I’ll be pissed! I would honestly take ANY Republican candidate over Huckabee. He doesn’t understand the issues. Hillary and Obama would chew him up and spit him out. He’s weak on illegal immigration and he’s a fiscal liberal. What else is there to know?

davenp35 on December 10, 2007 at 7:21 PM

Oh, and Bryan, you night want to change the headline to “Mitt hits Huck on ILLEGAL immigration.”

We’ve got to stay on our toes to avoid falling into the anti-immigration trap.

NTWR on December 10, 2007 at 7:23 PM

Good ad by Mitt, whom I have never considered voting for — but if it’s between him and Huckabee, no contest.
Huckabee needs to be hit, often and hard, on his lies, backpedaling and blatant ignorance.
The guy supported the shamnesty bill. Doesn’t that mean anything to the people supporting him?

Nichevo on December 10, 2007 at 7:23 PM

Gotcha. I wish you weren’t right about that, but you seem to be.

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 7:21 PM

One of the traits of HA I adore is the critical thinking, even at the cost of own ideals, the ease with which facts/ideas are checked/clarified, and the grace with which strong personalities move on/function. We’re all better for that.

Entelechy on December 10, 2007 at 7:27 PM

Maybe there is no connection but it seems odd that Rush commented on Fred being the only true conservative and it did nothing to help him. Rush praised Mitt’s religion speech and it did nothing to help him. Chuck Norris endorses Huckabee and he rises in the polls. I was really hoping that Rush’s statements about Fred would help him, but apparently they didn’t. Too bad Mr. Norris didn’t endorse Fred.

Rose on December 10, 2007 at 7:30 PM

MODERATOR: Thank you, Mayor. Thank you, Mayor.

(APPLAUSE)

When talking about Cuba, Cuban dictatorship has survived nine

U.S. presidents. What would you do differently, that has not been

done so far, to bring democracy to Cuba? We’re going to start with Senator Thompson.

THOMPSON: I’m going to make sure that he didn’t survive 10 U.S. presidents.

/Go fred!/

AZCON on December 10, 2007 at 7:36 PM

Yikes! What town is that?

Bad Penny on December 10, 2007 at 7:51 PM

You’ve got to be kidding me! That is so pathetic, I’m almost at a loss for words.

CP on December 10, 2007 at 7:55 PM

Rose on December 10, 2007 at 7:30 PM

It reminds me of the commercials I used to see on TV advertising music albums by artists I’d never heard of with claims to have outsold Michael Jackson many times over, (back when he was still popular). I figured their numbers were grossly misleading or outright false, they were so unbelievable, but then I learned that the artists were usually being pushed in the evangelist community and the numbers were apparently real. I was shocked to learn that so many people actually listened to, (or at least purchased), such terrible, awful music. Television and religion are powerful forces alone, but when combined they are truly phenomenal.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2007 at 8:00 PM

CP on December 10, 2007 at 7:55 PM

Well, I guess this means you won’t be voting for Hunk.

bnelson44 on December 10, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Well, I guess this means you won’t be voting for Hunk.

bnelson44 on December 10, 2007 at 8:00 PM

I think this might have done it for me.

Where’s Fred?

CP on December 10, 2007 at 8:07 PM

The Huckster once solved a Rubrik’s Cuba.

So there!

profitsbeard on December 10, 2007 at 8:12 PM

Where’s Fred?

Indeed.

JiangxiDad on December 10, 2007 at 8:13 PM

Huck – you are either lying through your teeth or you are as dumb as granite.

Bet he has a stash of Cubans in his humidor.

Yikes! What town is that?

Bad Penny on December 10, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Yikes, indeed. Never mind what town – what state do I drive around?

fred5678 on December 10, 2007 at 8:14 PM

Bet he has a stash of Cubans in his humidor.

He’s confused about all things Cuban. He prob. thought that if the cigars could reach our shore, they were entitled to refugee status.

JiangxiDad on December 10, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Don’t know much about history.

Don’t know much about history
Don’t know much biology
Don’t know much about a science book
Don’t know much about the Governor’s oath I took

But I do know that I love God and God favors me
And I know that if you would just vote for me
What a wonderful theocracy America would be

Don’t know much about geography
Don’t know much trigonometry
Don’t know much about algebra
Don’t know what a rule of law is for.

But I do know that Chuck and me makes two,
And if Chuck would just threaten to karate you,
What a wonderful world this would be.

Now I don’t claim to be a foreign policy student,
And Im not even trying to be.
But maybe by being a Baptist Minister baby
I can win your vote for me.

Don’t know much about history
Don’t know much biology
Don’t know much about a science book
Don’t know much about the Governor’s oath I took

But I do know that I love God and God favors me
And I know that if you would just vote for me
What a wonderful theocracy America would be

Latatatatatatahuwaah (history)
Oehwoewoe (biology)
Latatatatatatahuwaah (science book)
Oehwoewoe (Governor’s oath I took)

But I do know that I love God and God favors me
And I know that if you would just vote for me
What a wonderful theocracy America would be

- Sam Cookster

MB4 on December 10, 2007 at 8:29 PM

Where’s Fred?

CP on December 10, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Sleeping

bnelson44 on December 10, 2007 at 8:29 PM

You know, that guy in that motorcycle movie.”

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Huck: “Oh yeah: I have his t-shirts. I wear em when I rock my guitar man. He’s a cool lookin’ guy”

PowWow on December 10, 2007 at 8:36 PM

The problem both Fred and Romney are having is that Reagan’s conservative coalition has fractured and the splinter groups don’t want to compromise their principles any longer; they want it all. I think what they’ll get is nothing, and maybe after a few years of Clinton or Obama they’ll once again find some common ground between them.

FloatingRock on December 10, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Perhaps you should have been Bryan. I’m so tired of illiterate, “ignorant” candidates I can’t take much more. It’s truly sad. I heard this jack-leg explain his ‘flat tax’ the other night on Beck and the fool will say anything. He’s like a fountain of answers. Only problem is his answers are foolish rhetoric, could never be executed and remind one of an ugly fool’s fantasy of running the country..

Griz on December 10, 2007 at 8:56 PM

I still say the left is propping this fool up in the polls. Because they know he’s the one candidate they can bitchslap down in a week.

Griz on December 10, 2007 at 8:58 PM

bryan, check out this old huck article and quotes

“The reason we have so much government is because we have so much broken humanity,” he said. “And the reason we have so much broken humanity is because sin reigns in the hearts and lives of human beings instead of the Savior.”…..

“Government knows it does not have the answer, but it’s arrogant and acts as though it does,” Huckabee said. “Church does have the answer but will cowardly deny that it does and wonder when the world will be changed.”

jp on December 10, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 7:21 PM

And I see it as a diversion, of Mitt and Hucks real weakness in flip flopping (Mitt) or big government (Huck)
Better to stay on the issue of Evang. vs. Mormons, then analyze either one of these guys political history.
Neither one can afford to much scrutiny, they are both hoping that people commit, and once they commit they seldom change.

right2bright on December 10, 2007 at 9:18 PM

jp on December 10, 2007 at 9:02 PM

I posted on that article several hours ago. I defended him for being a Christian saying Christian things, but I can’t defend him for being a candidate saying idiotic things.

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 9:31 PM

Who, exactly, is it that is providing him the poll support that he suddenly has? Are they all idiots, as apparently the Huckster is?

Jaibones on December 10, 2007 at 9:42 PM

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 9:31 PM

ah, sorry missed it. thought it was interesting article…gives some insight into his views on govt.

jp on December 10, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Where’s Fred?

CP on December 10, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Sleeping

bnelson44 on December 10, 2007 at 8:29 PM

Doing a cross-country in Iowa until January 3rd, with Christmas Day off.

Connie on December 10, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Maybe Huck can catch a ride with Fred in his truck as they leave the arena of serious contention…

Bradky on December 10, 2007 at 10:55 PM

The Clintons have both stated for the record that Huckabee is “their favorite” of the R candidates. That itself should be a massive red flag.

wordwarp on December 10, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 9:31 PM

Yeah, only Democrats are allowed to do that in our culture.

ReubenJCogburn on December 11, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Bradky on December 10, 2007 at 10:55 PM

Oh, and I forgot this.

Thompson Addresses Congregation of Over 2,000

Connie on December 11, 2007 at 12:31 AM

Don’t cha get the feeling that the Huckster is not ready for prime time. I hope this infatuation with him doesn’t last through the primaries.

Fred state America.

Mojave Mark on December 11, 2007 at 1:24 AM

huckabee’s a fraud. he has no idea what the hell he’s doing

Metro on December 11, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 9:31 PM

Good job, Bryan, making sense and all.

Unfortunately, that won’t hold any water in some circles.
Doncha know, you gotta be a Bible beatin’ shoutin’ Praise Goddin’ Devil Killin’ TEXAN before anyone will take you seriously?

hillbillyjim on December 11, 2007 at 3:52 AM

sarc/

phew, that was exhausting.

hillbillyjim on December 11, 2007 at 3:54 AM

Or Huckaboom.

steveegg on December 10, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Huck-a-BUSTED.

Texas Nick 77 on December 11, 2007 at 5:57 AM

Bryan on December 10, 2007 at 9:31 PM
Good job, Bryan, making sense and all.

Unfortunately, that won’t hold any water in some circles.
Doncha know, you gotta be a Bible beatin’ shoutin’ Praise Goddin’ Devil Killin’ TEXAN ARKIE before anyone will take you seriously?

hillbillyjim on December 11, 2007 at 3:52 AM

Wrong state, mate. Another “dope from Hope.”

Texas Nick 77 on December 11, 2007 at 5:59 AM

Glad you posted the update about the Cuban refugees that were housed at Ft Chaffee, AR. I have first hand knowledge of it since while assigned to the 1 ID at Ft Riley my unit had to go down there and guard them a couple for a couple of months. The people of Ft Smith were great. The people we had housed at Chaffee, by the time I was there, were definelty members of Cuban society that Castro wanted to get rid of and dumped on us. A lot of the folks suffered various degrees of mental illnesses, stories available on request, and other crimminals he simply unloaded.
There is a definite Arkansas/Cuba connection, but of course older then the last 7 years for some reason just doesn’t make it on to folks radar screens anymore.
For all the candidates, we aren’t a nation suffering from collective Alzheimer’s disease.
I gave up on the Huckster a while ago when I found out about his flip flopping on taxes and tuition for illegals. He just keeps digging the hole.
Go Fred! Go Duncan!

LakeRuins on December 11, 2007 at 9:26 AM

One of the strongest voting blocks for Republicans, and they don’t take the time to learn about the great Cuban culture.
Remarkable…and idiotic.