Confirmed: Mike Gravel having conversations with himself now

posted at 11:08 am on December 7, 2007 by Allahpundit

He tried talking to his TV. Problem: The TV doesn’t talk back. So now the problem’s been “solved.”

Not surprisingly, he’s thrilled to hear that he’s running for president.

I kind of like the idea that there are Americans to whom this sort of thing appeals.

Update: Via Slublog, electric!

Comments

I kept waiting for him to kiss himself. Weird.

Sue on December 7, 2007 at 11:10 AM

I think this “running for President” thing is a hobby of his. Weird hobby, though certainly entertaining for the rest of us.

Vizzini on December 7, 2007 at 11:12 AM

All I could think about while watching that video was this.

Slublog on December 7, 2007 at 11:14 AM

I frequently argue with myself. Problem is, I often lose the argument.

eeyore on December 7, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Perhaps he felt it was the only way he could speak to his intellectual equal… The way the Irish talk to God…

Frozen Tex on December 7, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Weird, but you know, the guy on the left makes a lot of sense.

saint kansas on December 7, 2007 at 11:17 AM

All I could think about while watching that video was this.

Slublog on December 7, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Awesome.

I just kept wondering why he was so close to himself, and where the rest of his bodies fit.

nailinmyeye on December 7, 2007 at 11:19 AM

It’s better to talk to yourself than no one at all.

Shut up!! Sorry.

sunny on December 7, 2007 at 11:22 AM

I kept waiting for him to kiss himself. Weird.

Like Annie Lennox at the very end of the Who’s That Girl video.

Confirmed: Kissing yourself is weird.

saint kansas on December 7, 2007 at 11:26 AM

Soooooo what’s the problem other than he should be under lock and key.
Electric Co. video was way better.

abinitioadinfinitum on December 7, 2007 at 11:40 AM

Who can blame him? He’s probably the only person who will listen, at least in a non-mocking way. As opposed to changing his course, he rides the train all the way to Crazytown. Maybe he should try to get a blimp and have a zeppelin fight with Ron Paul.

Wineaholic on December 7, 2007 at 11:46 AM

I’m forced to talk to myself to be assured of intelligent conversation

Ochlan on December 7, 2007 at 11:47 AM

i like this mike gravel ad.

jummy on December 7, 2007 at 12:02 PM

He makes Ron Paul look good.

mram on December 7, 2007 at 12:51 PM

Boring. As. Hell. Was that supposed to get people energized? Worked about as well as him throwing the rock into the damn lake.

MadisonConservative on December 7, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Personally, I admire him for saying that congress is more concerned about getting re elected than in doing anything to solve our problems.

I wish one of the viable candidates had the onions to say that.

Labamigo on December 7, 2007 at 4:05 PM

All I could think about while watching that video was this.

Slublog on December 7, 2007 at 11:14 AM

That needs to be updated in honor of Mike Gravel to say “C-R-AP”.

Buy Danish on December 7, 2007 at 6:39 PM

I like the ice cream line, I must concede

And I’ll have to say it:

cuh.. rap!

crap!

Reaps on December 8, 2007 at 12:04 AM

I loved the Electric Co. when I was a kid.

Gravel? Maybe Silky is right. If there are two Mikes, their may be two Americas! Like a parallel universe in “Star Trek” or something.

Or maybe this is really what happens inside Gravel’s head. That is why he stared at the camera for so long. There was a war going on inside the man’s mind–a battle for his very soul, if you will. The rock represented his longing for friendship, but in the end, he throws it away because he knows his mulitple personalities will drive anyone away from him. The man is a tortured genius!

p40tiger on December 8, 2007 at 8:38 AM