Smartest woman in the world now citing essays Obama wrote in third grade

posted at 4:05 pm on December 3, 2007 by Allahpundit

We were informed not two days ago, were we not, that she’s the picture of calm in a crisis, projecting an almost “regal” serenity as the world falls apart around her. Two days later, with the polls tight in Iowa, she’s putting out press releases about Obama’s grade-school homework assignments and impugning his character in ways that have Billy Jeff’s own cabinet members unloading:

Yesterday, HRC suggested O lacks courage. “There’s a big difference between our courage and our convictions, what we believe and what we’re willing to fight for,” she told reporters in Iowa, saying Iowa voters will have a choice “between someone who talks the talk, and somebody who’s walked the walk.” Then asked whether she intended to raise questions about O’s character, she said: “It’s beginning to look a lot like that.”

I just don’t get it. If there’s anyone in the race whose history shows unique courage and character, it’s Barack Obama. HRC’s campaign, by contrast, is singularly lacking in conviction about anything. Her pollster, Mark Penn, has advised her to take no bold positions and continuously seek the political center, which is exactly what she’s been doing.

“I could never vote for her,” Krauthammer wrote not long ago, “but I (and others of my ideological ilk) could live with her — precisely because she is so liberated from principle.” Yeah, but the point of liberating yourself from principle is to maximize your political maneuverability. Is this what she’s planning to do with her greater field of motion? Psychoanalyzing Obama’s presidential ambitions from the time he was in the womb?

Update: The audacity of premature obituaries.

Comments

Popcorn anyone?

KelliD on December 3, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Senator Obama wrote ‘I want to be a President,’ she said.”

a President” of what?

Brat on December 3, 2007 at 4:10 PM

Well she has one conviction and a deep one for sure.

Standing by her chance to be President man.

MB4 on December 3, 2007 at 4:10 PM

That obit for the Hilldozer warms my heart. Maybe, just maybe, there is a Santa.

ronsfi on December 3, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Dang. I wonder if my first-grader has written anything that would disqualify her from running for public office.

aunursa on December 3, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Um, I have a son in Kindergarten and he doesn’t even know what a President is(much less how to spell it). If he was writing essays at 5 he gets my vote. I guess that’s what a permanent record is for.

sweeper on December 3, 2007 at 4:31 PM

The only way we can snuff out this disease called Hillary once and for all is to have her WIN the Dem nomination and then TROUNCE her in the general election in 08.

That is the only way to crush the cockroach forever.

If she somehow doesnt get the nomination and Obama does and obama gets stomped, then Hills will be back in ’12.

We have got to OBLITERATE her NOW while we still have the chance. Let her win the Nomination and then its TO THE DEATH in ’08

Always Right on December 3, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Hey AP,

Nobody does the Glacier headlines better than you. Your passion is clear.

Nobody

swami on December 3, 2007 at 4:37 PM

I love Hillary. You would never know how many people she has had killed when you look at that thoughtful smile and warm professional demeanor. Nothing says red, white, and blue like fake suicides and downed single engine airplanes.

revolution on December 3, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Her Royal Clintonness needs to brush up on her reading skills. The source of her claim about the kindergarten essay is this quote from MSNBC

“Iis Darmawan, 63, Obama’s kindergarten teacher, remembers him as an exceptionally tall and curly haired child who quickly picked up the local language and had sharp math skills. “He wrote an essay titled, ‘I Want To Become President,’” the teacher said.

Even those of us who went to public school know that means the teacher is from Obama’s kindergaten days but that doesn’t necessarily mean he wrote the essay while in her class. Obviously it is probably the same third grade essay, which in all likelihood said, in its entirety, “I want to be a President.”

pedestrian on December 3, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Are you smarter than a third grader, Hillary?

I guess not.

BKennedy on December 3, 2007 at 4:41 PM

The American people will never elect Hillary Clinton president.

Labamigo on December 3, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Rush has been working the “inevitability” schema that Clintoons have been shaping since this thing began. Well, this seems to be proof that the invincible are scared witless that one loss would make them, well, vincible. This reeks of panic and I love it.

thegreatbeast on December 3, 2007 at 4:46 PM

One more thing. The fact that she has people reading over reports about Obama’s possible Muslim background and they latch on to a supposed kindergarten essay about being president reveals a Nixonian level of paranoia about comments on her own obsession with power.

pedestrian on December 3, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Confession time: I played a tree in the 1st grade play. However, that does not mean that I grew up to be Al Gore’s BFF. This stinks of desperation from the Hildabeast.

ReubenJCogburn on December 3, 2007 at 4:48 PM

She don’ feeeel no way tie-urd…

ScottMcC on December 3, 2007 at 4:49 PM

ronsfi on December 3, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Of course I mean the obit for her inevitability.

ronsfi on December 3, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Heh, there’s a lot to live up/down to/from being coined “the smartest woman”.

Entelechy on December 3, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Well, now I know I can never run for public office – I kissed a boy in kindergarten, and if that isn’t sexual harassement I don’t know what is!

Ann on December 3, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Always Right on December 3, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Absolutely right, so true.

Entelechy on December 3, 2007 at 4:59 PM

- I kissed a boy in kindergarten, and if that isn’t sexual harassement I don’t know what is!

I know how you feel. I pooped my pants one day in kindergarten. Obviously, I couldn’t handle the pressure of the Presidency.

Matticus Finch on December 3, 2007 at 4:59 PM

This is joke right. This is absolutely ridiculous!

terryannonline on December 3, 2007 at 5:03 PM

Is her campaign unraveling?

bnelson44 on December 3, 2007 at 5:03 PM

The bitch is getting desperate.

SoulGlo on December 3, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Please someone tell me that someone hacked into the Hillary Clinton’s Web site and made this up because this unbelievably childish.

terryannonline on December 3, 2007 at 5:07 PM

I can’t believe anyone would vote for the president of the united states, someone who is in command of the strongest military force the world has ever seen, because they are liberated from principle.

bnelson44 on December 3, 2007 at 5:14 PM

As one smart commenter wrote a while ago, “By the time Hillary’s campaign finished with him he’ll be known as the gay terrorist.”

Niko on December 3, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Clinton news release:

At two years old Obama regularly pee’d in his diapers showing that he was not in full control of himself. Do we dare, therefore, elect a person for president whose mind has shown an inability to control his bodily functions?

pocomoco on December 3, 2007 at 5:21 PM

This crazy loon wrote such a silly thesis in college it had to be put under wraps.

pat on December 3, 2007 at 5:36 PM

Want to draw swords over childhood details?

Time for a refresher course: The Psychobiography of Hillary Rodham Clinton

T J Green on December 3, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Hillary fiddled while her Camelot burned. I heard the Obama once scatched his knee on the playground when he was six years old and cried. Do we need a President like that? (I am Hillary Rotten Clinton, and I approved this message).

reppac122 on December 3, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Wow, this is impressive even for the Clintonistas, if they can dig up dirt on you all the way back to kindergarten…..boy am I in trouble. I knew that pigtail in the inkwell thing was going to come back and bite me in the a$$.

conservnut on December 3, 2007 at 5:44 PM

The Clinton campaign has discovered more dirt on Obama.It’s getting rough out there.

Rightwingsparkle on December 3, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Much as I would never vote for Obama, I hope he gets the nomination and Hillary’s head explodes. The man is not qualified to be president, however he is not the evil incarnate HIllary & Co are going to attempt to make him out to be.

Mommynator on December 3, 2007 at 5:50 PM

I guess we’re not too far behind from:

“I know you are but what am I”.
Please tell me that our Country is going to be based upon more things than a 3rd grade report!!!

HarryStar on December 3, 2007 at 6:09 PM

The Clinton campaign just issued another press release apologizing for criticising Senator Obama’s schoolwork.

Dear Obama,

I’m sorry.

You can have my favorite “You’re OK!” sticker.

ps. Mrs. Darmawan made me write this.

pedestrian on December 3, 2007 at 6:11 PM

One more thing. The fact that she has people reading over reports about Obama’s possible Muslim background and they latch on to a supposed kindergarten essay about being president reveals a Nixonian clintonian level of paranoia about comments on her own obsession with power.

pedestrian on December 3, 2007 at 4:47 PM
Why not ???

SIJ6141 on December 3, 2007 at 6:15 PM

At least he didn’t say he wanted to receive oral machinations in the Oval Office.

SouthernGent on December 3, 2007 at 6:19 PM

Gee, Hill. I’d be willing to bet there were no less than a dozen essays with the same dream, in the same third grade class! Who doesn’t want to be president? There’s a reason why only 43 have done so in our 231 year history.

ToddonCapeCod on December 3, 2007 at 6:19 PM

Duh,Hillary has told us,since the second grade
she wants to be the President don’t ya know !,
It gives new meaning of “I’ve come soooo farrrrr”!

canopfor on December 3, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Biotch vs Barry, Down To The Wiah In Iowa.

Ladies and gentlemen if you suffer from any ailments that cause you to suffer from excitement, we advise to leave the theater immediately. You will hear issues of race, murder, illegal prestidigitation, and you might even see the smartest woman in the world crawl on her belly like a snake.

…..and ladies and gentlemen, they are in the same party.

Hening on December 3, 2007 at 6:24 PM

How do you GET someone’s Grade 3 Essay? I don’t think I could even get my own…even if I had written one (which I can’t remember).

What’s the thought process about deciding to get it? Deciding to use it?

Good Lord.

Blaise on December 3, 2007 at 6:28 PM

Via Instapundit: THE HILLARY NUTCRACKER

Ann Althouse notes that it seems to be popular with Hillary’s fans.

bnelson44 on December 3, 2007 at 7:04 PM

I know it’s tangential to the point of this post, but I couldn’t let this line from Reisch’s column pass without comment:

Yes, I too am awestruck by Obama’s breathtaking courage. He’s had the bravery to read Hallmark greeting cards as political speeches, and run a liberal campaign right into the teeth of the arch-conservative mainstream media. There’s certainly nobody else in the presidential race with that kind of courage. Obama could teach a quivering sissy like John McCain a thing or two about bravery, I’ll bet!

Doctor Zero on December 3, 2007 at 8:05 PM

Note to Clinton: never underestimate your enemy.

From an Obama campaign meeting (fiction):

“Hillary’s biggest problem is we know her. But we are afraid, so it is her advantage. We know she will get dirty – she has a killer left hook.”

“We have to USE that against her. She will leak, and the press will print. We need to leak to HER, so she will react.”

“Then when she gets dirty, it will be like ‘what was that?’. It will make her look desperate. Her preemptive strike will sting, but then the press will try to figure out what it means. There will plenty of time between leaks for them to backfire.”

I think Obama has a mole in the Clinton camp. He head fakes that “her months of denials about running are an attack angle”. The whole country has been thinking about that, but the press gives her cover.

In this way Obama can get her to show her vulnerabilities without saying a word.

Agrippa2k on December 3, 2007 at 8:27 PM

Note to Clinton:never underestimate your enemy..

Aggrippa2k on December 3,2007 at 8:27PM.

Aggrippa2k:Ding,ding,your right,somehow,someway we need
to pre-empt her leaks to the media,her collateral
damage will be interesting to watch.

canopfor on December 3, 2007 at 9:43 PM

The American people will never elect Hillary Clinton president.

Labamigo on December 3, 2007 at 4:46 PM

One wouldn’t think so, but the US is crazy right now; anything can happen.

saiga on December 4, 2007 at 1:20 PM