Video: The obligatory “Erin Burnett calls Bush a monkey” clip

posted at 1:45 pm on November 30, 2007 by Allahpundit

It happened on Monday but was only Farked today, hence the 10 or so e-mails about it in the past three hours. Same rule applies as in the Kellie Pickler clip, at least among our male readers: Sure, sure, it’s gobsmackingly vile — but just listen to that laugh. Gobsmackingly charming is more like it.

Besides, she works for NBC. This sort of thing is probably in her contract.

My thoughts at this hour turn to Rush, who’s made no secret of his respect for Burnett despite her (likely) lefty provenance. Does he call her out on it? Or do her more admirable qualities, intellectual and otherwise, earn her a pass? The big A knows a thing or two about this dilemma himself, and while it’s a bitter pill to swallow, there is ultimately but one ethical solution. Lock and load, brother. Lock and load.

Comments

Pretty typical for an NBC “reporter”.

davenp35 on November 30, 2007 at 1:47 PM

My Liberal friends refuse to admit the Lefty bias of the MSM, inspite of me continuously sending them example of said bias. *** sigh ***

gmoonster on November 30, 2007 at 1:49 PM

gmoonster on November 30, 2007 at 1:49 PM

You should feel sorry for them, it’s a disease (BDS). :)

abinitioadinfinitum on November 30, 2007 at 1:52 PM

frakkin’ 12 year old. Grow up.

Mazztek on November 30, 2007 at 1:57 PM

The MSM is about to hit the wall. People are getting really sick of their blatant bias. The MSM must change or they will find themselves with a worthless following of ignorant sheep. And, they don’t pay the bills.

saiga on November 30, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Lock and load, brother.

AllahPundit

Hear, hear!

For all of those who might not appreciate the ethical sincerity of AP’s position, you need only to click the link. I wanted to cut and paste the quote here for emphasis, but it’s simply too long.

He locks, he loads, he empties the clip, reloads, empties, reloads, and empties into the now-lifeless form. Talk about keepin’ it real…

And Rush needs to spare no ammo; this nitwit called the President a monkey on live television. Rush should be calling for her immediate termination.

Jaibones on November 30, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Gentlemen, remember Chrissy Matthews was also frothing over her not too long ago.

Brat on November 30, 2007 at 2:03 PM

Very nice take on this AP. We’ll see…

Griz on November 30, 2007 at 2:03 PM

I think this humor would even have Brian Griffin turning off the television.

gabriel sutherland on November 30, 2007 at 2:04 PM

I guess that’s a little more blatant than usual – even for NBC.

I gotta admit this is the second time in 24 hours I’ve watched some of their “news”. Had to check out Olbermann’s reation to the phoney inquisitors at the R debate. No surprises – he defended CNN more vigorously than they defended themselves – and called everyone who objected to the fakeness, including MM, “the lunatic fringe”. Hilarious.

forest on November 30, 2007 at 2:05 PM

loser

Wade on November 30, 2007 at 2:10 PM

Well, I will give kudo’s to the other newscaster for calling her out on it.

She’s pretty deranged, but she talks like she was in a room with her friends, she has no respect.

However, no harm that a stint in re-hab and a spread in Playboy won’t make up for.

Rode Werk on November 30, 2007 at 2:10 PM

At least Willie had the brains to say “That’s my president” and Joe deflected it to Merkel. But that is classless, and I’m disappointed. I liked Burnett, I thought she was moderately witty in the mornings.

Spirit of 1776 on November 30, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Imus is back on the air on Monday. News organizations have to weigh whether their talking heads can handle comedy shows. Erin is attractive but maybe she should just stick to reporting on the financial markets. She was reaching for a joke on “Morning Joe” and fell on her face.

The Playboy spread isn’t a bad idea though, maybe with Maria Bartiromo.

dedalus on November 30, 2007 at 2:18 PM

You’d be shocked — shocked! — to know that I could go downstairs to the newsstand right now and buy a greeting card featuring photos of Bush next to photos of chimps in similar-looking poses.

In other words, the most offensive thing at this point is how freakin’ old and tired this shtick is. Could we get some new material, people?

Dude. With MKH on the cable TV scene, there are no such passes.

Dude.

saint kansas on November 30, 2007 at 2:19 PM

That was stunningly unprofessional. How do you get a job with a network, acting like that? Well, I guess making comments like that about the right people is what does; the remark aside, her demeanor was of a 22 year old co-ed having pillow talk with her bong buddies; her voice is terrible. She might do better in the Clinton Harem when Hillary uses the executive order to invoke the right of Prima Nocte for Bill.
Would be nice if someone had said: Hey, show a little respect, would you?

austinnelly on November 30, 2007 at 2:19 PM

“Erin Burnett calls Bush a monkey??”

Funny. She doesn’t look muslim.

locomotivebreath1901 on November 30, 2007 at 2:22 PM

“It was my stop at Riadh. It just made me insane…”

AlexB on November 30, 2007 at 2:25 PM

May I present to you, your unbiased press. Take a bow NBC.

Defense Guy on November 30, 2007 at 2:27 PM

I’m sure Dan Abrams has reprimanded her already…

D2Boston on November 30, 2007 at 2:28 PM

How much do you want to bet she blames the other co-hosts for making much ado about nothing?

It was obviously what she believes. She is an absolute cretin. But the liberal thing to do is blame the everyone around them, and act with faux astonishment that the whole world doesn’t see everything through their eyes. Omigosh! Not everyone thinks the President is a chimp?

Toss down a few more drinks, blame it on the meds, start contract negotiations with Playboy, and everything will be fine. If you don’t have any brains at least you have the bod to make money with.

Rode Werk on November 30, 2007 at 2:32 PM

Why am I suddenly reminded of Ross Perot and “the giant sucking sound?”

saint kansas on November 30, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Just like that undignified “debate” the other night, another glowing example of what I call “The Decay of Decorum” in all things public in this country.

Brat on November 30, 2007 at 2:48 PM

Rode Werk on November 30, 2007 at 2:32 PM

Born with a business, no doubt. Just not the news business. More like the street corner business. Too stupid for anything else.

saiga on November 30, 2007 at 2:51 PM

I’m sure she’s a big hit at the Limousine Liberal cocktail parties.

reaganaut on November 30, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Disappointing…no mention from Rush

urbancenturion on November 30, 2007 at 3:03 PM

saiga on November 30, 2007 at 1:58 PM

I think they would rather die off than change

urbancenturion on November 30, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Your stop in Riyadh should have opened your F—–G eyes
Miss TV bim.
PS Joe is a sellout idiot.

RobCon on November 30, 2007 at 3:05 PM

M-S-N-B-C S-U-C-K-S

RobCon on November 30, 2007 at 3:08 PM

Yes, it’s a dopey joke, and absolutely breathtaking for being so poorly delivered that no one else quite got what she was saying initially.

But, damn, she’s pretty, and that laugh…

I’ll be in my bunk.

Kensington on November 30, 2007 at 3:35 PM

saint kansas on November 30, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Oh my!

forest on November 30, 2007 at 3:53 PM

Imagine the howling from the talking heads if he called her the word I’m thinking right now.

Ugly on November 30, 2007 at 3:54 PM

Pretty? They all hit the wall in the looks dept. someday.

RobCon on November 30, 2007 at 3:54 PM

I don’t understand a woman asking about a man-crush…?

Whatever! I think W is pretty darn hot. He’s taller AND he swaggers. Dreamy!

eucher on November 30, 2007 at 3:55 PM

oh what a jackass….

max1 on November 30, 2007 at 4:12 PM

I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.

–William Tecumseh Sherman

The Ugly American on November 30, 2007 at 4:24 PM

The President of France and the Chancellor of Germany, walking with the President of the country that liberated both their peoples from tyranny with the blood of thousands of its sons and daughters, and then gave them billions of dollars outright to rebuild their countries from the ashes.

You can bet those two know he is no monkey: he is changing the world and challenging them to step into it with him, and not only that…. his stunning demonstration of the power of conservative economics is a major reason they are the leaders of their countries today!

True, Gerhardt Shroder, Jacques Chirac and Osama bin Laden probably assumed he was a monkey given the monkeyshines of his predecessor, but they have found out the hard way that they were wrong.

And as for what some vapid celebrity on TV “thinks”… well, she’s certainly a pretty monkey.

drunyan8315 on November 30, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Leave Erin alone!!!!!!!!

She’s a human!!!!!

You’re lucky she even performs for you bastards!!!!!

Titus Flavius on November 30, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Rhonda Burgundy?

What a dumbass.

Black Adam on November 30, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Why I pay no attention to MSM news shows.

Qzsusy on November 30, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Could we get her to move a little closer to the screen?

drjohn on November 30, 2007 at 5:09 PM

I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve never found arrogance, nastiness and an inflated sense of self worth very attractive.

peacenprosperity on November 30, 2007 at 5:16 PM

I find this common among some successful woman. Dropping names like “My Stop in Ryiad” to show they are important, especially when they feel vulnerable. IT all stems from the chip on their shoulder.

Win Win Win on November 30, 2007 at 5:18 PM

What do you expect from a bunch of jerks who employ Mathews and Obermann.

Its no wonder to me that MSNBC is on the bottom of the list of networks looked at. (aaaaaaagh!)

navy1946 on November 30, 2007 at 5:38 PM

I’m just jealous that she gets to drink on the job and I don’t.

Hollowpoint on November 30, 2007 at 5:53 PM

I’ll be interested to see if there is an apology.

mikeyboss on November 30, 2007 at 7:13 PM

That was fast: Erin Burnett apologizes for calling Bush a monkey
Nov 30, 2007 7:30 PM by Allahpundit

Now that’s service. You guys are the goods.

mikeyboss on November 30, 2007 at 8:49 PM

gmoonster on November 30, 2007 at 1:49 PM

It is impossible to prove by example, so you are likely just annoying your friends.

DaveS on November 30, 2007 at 9:18 PM