Breaking: Man takes hostages at Clinton’s NH campaign office; Update: Local paper names suspect, says earlier suspect was misidentified; Update: Last hostage released, suspect in custody

posted at 2:17 pm on November 30, 2007 by Bryan

Going on right now in Rochester, NH. Clinton wasn’t at the office or even in the state. She’s in Virginia today. The man has what appears to be a bomb strapped to his chest.

An armed man has taken two campaign workers hostage at the Hillary Clinton campaign office in Rochester, police said.

Officials with the campaign confirmed that there were two workers taken hostage in the office on 28 North Main St.. A woman and her baby told workers at a neighboring business that she was released by the hostage-taker.

“A young woman with a 6-month or 8-month-old infant came rushing into the store just in tears, and she said, ‘You need to call 911. A man has just walked into the Clinton office, opened his coat and showed us a bomb strapped to his chest with duct tape,’” witness Lettie Tzizik said.

There are several police officers positioned across the street from the office, crouched down behind cruisers with guns drawn, according to a reported at the scene.

Update (AP): MSNBC says the guy asked to speak to Hillary.

Update (AP): As of 3:05, WMUR claims that one of the hostages was let go. I’m not sure if he’s referring to one of the earlier hostages or one of the remaining two. Sounded like the latter.

Update (AP): WMUR is a little unsure too but they now think both of the remaining hostages have been released. They’re trying to confirm that everyone’s out.

Update (AP): Surprise — he has issues. “The suspect was a well-known local man with history of emotional issues who told his son to watch the news, a well-placed law enforcement source told ABC News’ Pierre Thomas.” Bill Shaheen, Hillary’s NH co-chair, says “We’ve had no security issues, and I’m not even sure this is a threat to her, to my knowledge.”

Update (AP): I’m not going to repeat the name until it’s confirmed but Carl Cameron’s interviewing a kid on Fox who says the suspect is a friend of the family and that the guy’s been having mental problems lately, allegedly complaining that the government is planting bugs in his head.

Update (AP): All right, it looks like the suspect is confirmed as [deleted]. HuffPo’s putting together a dossier on him, doubtless hoping against hope that something turns up to suggest he’s a conservative. A friend of [deleted]‘s suggested a few minutes ago on Fox that he was paranoid, believing that there was some conspiracy of people out to get him.

The “bomb” appears to be road flares.

Update (AP): The cops are giving a press conference and insisting that it’s still a hostage situation — although they won’t confirm that there are still people inside.

Update (AP): Someone’s been burned because MSNBC is reporting that the suspect is someone other than the person I mentioned above. I removed the name and the link to HuffPo; I’ll update again when we know for sure.

Update (AP): WMUR is saying now that there are still two hostages inside. There’s also something about the suspect having been distraught from a divorce and drinking for hours.

Update (AP): I’m guessing it’s MSNBC that’s been burned and that the original suspect is the correct one because they haven’t repeated the name of the second suspect for awhile now. Smells like a climbdown. Drudge had better hope they’re wrong because he’s got the first suspect’s name at the top of the Report right now.

Update (AP): As of 5:38, it looks like another hostage has been released.

Update (AP): Looks like it’s MSNBC 1, Fox/Drudge 0. Foster’s Daily Democrat says the second suspect is the correct one.

Update (AP): And Fox is doubling down. They’re still going with the first suspect. Quite a subplot.

Update (AP): Fox is backing off the earlier suspect’s name now and saying authorities are naming the second guy. I still won’t print it here until we have a little more confidence, but the second suspect is known to use aliases. Could he and the first suspect be the same guy?

Update (AP): Whoever he is, the cops have him in custody now.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I have a feeling this madman is probably some ultra left wing nut who wants Hillary to admit 911 was a conspiracy or something.

Politics aside, kidnapping is disgusting and should be punishable by death. I hope those people return home safetly to their families as soon as possible.

Its Tommy on November 30, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Now, another hostage has been released.

captivated_dem on November 30, 2007 at 3:11 PM

Supposedly he had two hostages, and they’ve both been let go.

MadisonConservative on November 30, 2007 at 3:14 PM

The first comments (unedited) from HuffPo:

RushLimbaughsPutz (See profile | I’m a fan of RushLimbaughsPutz)
It was a Plant! that’s not fair! He’s really a “Phony Bomber”– a lib phony bomber! Bitter old white conservative red state men never set off bombs. It has never happened once. Got any dope? Rush L
Reply | posted 02:25 pm on 11/30/2007
NEW expand collapse Felicty (See profile | I’m a fan of Felicty)
WOW.

Fox will stop at nothing to make this a fascist nation.

Reply | posted 02:25 pm on 11/30/2007
NEW expand collapse JaneaneTheAcerbicGoblin (See profile | I’m a fan of JaneaneTheAcerbicGoblin)
I wonder what right wing talk show or MSM talking head (even though they’re kind of the same thing) host gave this guy the idea to strap himself with dynamite.
Reply | posted 02:25 pm on 11/30/2007
NEW expand collapse Maxx61 (See profile | I’m a fan of Maxx61)
A sad reminder that not all terrorists come from foreign lands.
Reply | posted 02:24 pm on 11/30/2007
NEW expand collapse elkabong (See profile | I’m a fan of elkabong)
Republican Terrorists:

Eric Rudolph
David McMenemy
Michael Townley
Timothy McVeigh
Terry Nichols
Paul Hill
Chad Castagana
Mark Uhl
Reply | posted 02:24 pm on 11/30/2007
NEW expand collapse UncleKnuckleFunk (See profile | I’m a fan of UncleKnuckleFunk)
…Jeffrey Dahmer
…Richard Rodriguez
…Jesus Christ
…George W.Bush
Reply | Parent | posted 02:26 pm on 11/30/2007
NEW expand collapse jackejett (See profile | I’m a fan of jackejett)
If you want or need to have the fact reiterated that FOX is one right wing neocon news group….tune in now….

They are going out of their way to downplay this issue and to make certain that the person doing this is not a major player in the repuke party. They keep saying he is just a run of the mill political person.

They are so gross.

jackjett
Reply | posted 02:24 pm on 11/30/2007
NEW expand collapse TJTelecaster (See profile | I’m a fan of TJTelecaster)
Well this will become some reason for The NRA to say all campaign workers should be packing heat..watch and see..!

Reply | posted 02:23 pm on 11/30/2007
NEW expand collapse BDDavenport (See profile | I’m a fan of BDDavenport)
can’t wait for the Hillary-Haters to sho up and try to spin this in some anti-clinton fashion…

like: this is what we are in for if we elect hil…

or this one: this is just another sigh that she is too divisive to be an effec……..

yada yada yada…

My prayers go out to the hostages and their families
Reply | posted 02:23 pm on 11/30/2007
NEW expand collapse Progress1980 (See profile | I’m a fan of Progress1980)
I guess Republicans need to vent, I pray no one is harmed…
Reply | posted 02:22 pm on 11/30/2007

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 3:14 PM

That was quick. What’s the catch? Did he get his phone call or something?

Esthier on November 30, 2007 at 3:15 PM

I have an alibi.

JayHaw Phrenzie on November 30, 2007 at 3:15 PM

According to Fox, just now, one hostage is still being held

RINO_Hunter on November 30, 2007 at 3:16 PM

I hate the irresponsible way the media covers these types of events. They are providing the madman with live aerial views and intel on what the police are doing. How irresponsible can you get!

TheBigOldDog on November 30, 2007 at 2:59 PM

Agreed. Completely irresponsible.

Best wishes for a safe conclusion to this incident. I’ll refrain from any political remarks/assumptions until more facts are in.

Dave Shay on November 30, 2007 at 3:16 PM

I hope it is a wingnut (1+ / 0-) Recommended by: jds1978

that can be played well as an example of right-wing terrorism, and by extension, wingnuts are at the edge of violence and terrorism (which I believe to be true). It will turn off even more to the Rethug Party.

Not to mention, “is it wrong that part of me thinks that its the “same people” who took out JFK, RFK, and MLK?”

I’m seeing some of the same kind of stuff appearing in this HA thread… don’t go there.

Vizzini on November 30, 2007 at 2:50 PM

I didn’t say it was about me, it’s about folks like you trying to shut down freedom of expression. Other than that I might point out that your post is fowl-mouthed tripe.

P. James Moriarty on November 30, 2007 at 2:48 PM

I’m thinking it’s the same people. They’ve been known to come into conservative forums, post this garbage, and then attribute it to conservatives. Freedom of expression? Come’on.

My prayers are for the people inside. For the ones being held and for the guy to get the mental help that he needs.

- The Cat

P.S. I personally think it’s going to turn out to be someone who watched this a little too much.

MirCat on November 30, 2007 at 3:16 PM

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 3:14 PM

Exactly. That’s how THEY react to this bs. It’s not how we should act.

Esthier on November 30, 2007 at 3:16 PM

by the way, there are plenty more at HuffPo, but those are the 10 or so their thread opens with… basically what it boils down to is that Rush is a druggy, talk radio made this guy do it, and it’s without question a right-wing nut… oh, and Fox is somehow behind this because it suits their goals of making this a fascist nation?

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Rightwinged

The lefty comments are to be expected, they wish death on myriad of conservative constantly.

I’d like to differentiate myself from those lefty sickos in time of crisis. Let them stand for hate. They earn and earned it.

Topsecretk9 on November 30, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Folks, the ban hammer is out and ready to be wielded…
Bryan on November 30, 2007 at 2:27 PM

As a good Texan, Bryan, do you have a quick-draw holster for Mjolnir?

eeyore on November 30, 2007 at 3:18 PM

MirCat on November 30, 2007 at 3:16 PM

Even Denzel and James Woods couldn’t save that piece of crap.

MadisonConservative on November 30, 2007 at 3:19 PM

Carl Cameron is hearing reports that both hostages are out. Not confirmed, though.

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 3:19 PM

Unconfirmed,Fox is reporting both hostages possibly released.

Frantic Freddie on November 30, 2007 at 3:20 PM

Does this idiot really think he’s gonna get to sit down and talk to Hillary? Does he think she’s the Sen. of N.H.?

RW, yeah, Michelle was right, those people are UNHINGED.

Tony737 on November 30, 2007 at 3:20 PM

Pretty sure they will find a way to blame this on Rush Limbaugh.

Nevertheless, these are matters of life and death. What is important is that anyone held hostage come out alive. Whether you agree or disagree with Mrs. Clinton, she, and her supporters are a part of the political process. Even if their supporters do not support freedom of speech, it is no reason for us to become like them.

Say a prayer that no one…hostages, police…no one gets hurt.

Blaise on November 30, 2007 at 3:21 PM

CNN:

Two people held hostage at Sen. Hillary Clinton’s campaign office in Rochester, New Hampshire, have been freed, CNN affiliate WMUR said Friday.

Neither hostage was harmed, another affiliate, WCVB, reported on its Web site.

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 3:22 PM

All BJ wanted to do is talk to his wife.

infidel on November 30, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Exactly. That’s how THEY react to this bs. It’s not how we should act.

Esthier on November 30, 2007 at 3:16 PM

Well we’ve had multiple people here “guessing” that it might be a jihadi, etc. too. All I did was NOT speculate, as others are doing. I simply pointed out that it’s annoying that the shameless and evil behavior of the Clinton’s prevents me from looking at this completely at face value. I’m not going to speculate as to what this guy is all about, I’m just saying that it’s sad that it’s come to the point now that there is a bit of inescapable semi-Trutherism in the back of my mind, just enough that I can’t dismiss it.

Again, I’m not speculating about what this event really is… I’m simply pointing out that it’s sad that the behavior of the Clintons requires the thought to be there at all.

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 3:23 PM

WMUR is reporting that the guy with the “bomb” has a history of mental illness, and is well known within the community.

But we can’t forget that initial reports are often wrong.

rslancer14 on November 30, 2007 at 3:23 PM

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 3:14

Jesus Christ was both a Republican AND a terrorist?

Who knew?

Thanks for the link RW, nice to be reminded of why I come to HA and not HP.

yo on November 30, 2007 at 3:23 PM

From ABC:

A man who claimed he had a bomb strapped to his body walked into a Hillary Clinton campaign office in Rochester, N.H., initially taking four hostages, law enforcement sources said.

Two of the four hostages — an adult and a child — subsequently were released, the sources said.

One source said the man with the apparent pipe bomb asked to speak to Clinton.

Valiant on November 30, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Jesus Christ was both a Republican AND a terrorist?

Who knew?

Thanks for the link RW, nice to be reminded of why I come to HA and not HP.

yo on November 30, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Haha, I hadn’t even noticed that Jesus was included in that nut’s list, I was in such a hurry to pass it along.

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Yeah, it appears they’re all out. Carl Cameron is hearing on the ground all are out. WMUR, as reported, believes all are out. Now WCVB reports:

The two campaign workers were released unharmed at about 3 p.m., according to a police officer. The hostage-taker remained inside the building. The man is a well-known local man with history of emotional issues, according to ABC News, who reported that the man told his son to watch the news.

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Fox: Hostages released.

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 3:26 PM

RW, you do have a point, but this wasn’t the thread to make it in. Speculation, baseless or not, is what their side does (disgustingly, I may add. Reading some of those HuffPo posts you supplied really made my spine shiver).

The place for it is in the inivitable follow-up thread.

crazy_legs on November 30, 2007 at 3:27 PM

The place for it is in the inivitable follow-up thread.

crazy_legs on November 30, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Again, I wasn’t speculating. I was pointing out the disturbing fact that the behavior of the Clintons prevents me from eliminating “conspiracy” completely right off the bat. Not speculating, just pointing out how bad things have gotten. But if speculation is the complaint… then I suggest folks take aim at those who speculated (here) that this guy was a jihadi, etc.

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 3:30 PM

HuffPosters wanna say that the bomber is a conservative. I bet the ONLY conservatives on scene are the SWAT guys … and the recent converts formerly known as hostages.

Tony737 on November 30, 2007 at 3:31 PM

My bad, didn’t mean to take you out of context. My point still stands, though. The follow-up thread once the nut-job’s motives are revealed would’ve been the place to point that out.

crazy_legs on November 30, 2007 at 3:34 PM

The guy’s by himself, now, so why don’t they just sedate him with gas and finish it?

progressoverpeace on November 30, 2007 at 3:35 PM

S.W.A.T.’s gearing up to do something, says Carl Cameron.

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 3:35 PM

The HuffPosters are despicable, to be sure. But I took a peek over at Free Republic, and sure enough, they’re being pretty tacky as well. Lots of “need some popcorn” type comments. Disgraceful attitude–they should be ashamed. I know I am on their behalf.

aero on November 30, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Tony737 on November 30, 2007 at 3:31 PM

?? I didn’t think there were any conservatives left in NH.

yo on November 30, 2007 at 3:37 PM

C’mon people its reported on the news the guy has mental problems. Just like in taxi driver Deniros character wasnt political he just wanted to make a statement.

This isnt good for anyone

Kevin43 on November 30, 2007 at 3:38 PM

?? I didn’t think there were any conservatives left in NH.

The stories of NH’s demise into liberal sludge are greatly exaggerated.

crazy_legs on November 30, 2007 at 3:41 PM

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 3:30 PM

And we said that this wasn’t the time or place for that kind of speculation. Keep it to yourself or take it somewhere else.

Bryan on November 30, 2007 at 3:42 PM

WMUR is reporting that the guy with the “bomb” has a history of mental illness…

Well, if that’s the case, he’s more likely to be a democrat.

Zach on November 30, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Some news reports say that all the hostages have been released. But MSNBC just started throwing caution about that claim. Has anyone here heard a report by either local or national regarding the hostages that has been confirmed? Or are we still dealing with first reports?

Weight of Glory on November 30, 2007 at 3:47 PM

Nearly a day late and a dollar short, but thank goodness it sounds like everyone’s okay. That would be really really scary.

I used to be in dire fear of that happening at my old job where the British consulate was in the same building. And you just never know what crazy people will do.

mjk on November 30, 2007 at 3:47 PM

I wonder how the MSM is going to play this? Now that all the hostages are safe and it appears clear that this guy is just a nut who forgot to take his meds this morning, they are going to need a story line. I wonder if this guy has ever voted before in his life? I wonder if this guy’s son has a Rudy ’08 bumper sticker on the back of his car? I wonder if the NYTimes reporters are digging into this guys past right now to find out if he ever said something positive about the President? What story line are they going to go with here?

Zetterson on November 30, 2007 at 3:48 PM

Yo, well RW lives in Vermont, so anything’s possible :-) All 12 of the cons in N.H. are on the SWAT team.

They’re now sayin’ he bought the materials for his “bomb” just this morning. Hopefully that means it’s fake.

Tony737 on November 30, 2007 at 3:49 PM

I wonder how the MSM is going to play this?

Is there a radio in his car? TALK RADIO MADE HIM DO IT!

Don’t doubt it for a moment.

Kensington on November 30, 2007 at 3:49 PM

I dont know if anyone is watching the foxnews.com feed but Carl Cameron is screaming about knowing the victim, Troy Stanley

JVelez on November 30, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Finger’s crossed. If the guy’s just a nutjob, then I don’t want him getting hurt, either. Boy, I hope everyone gets out okay.

Kensington on November 30, 2007 at 3:51 PM

TRUTHER!!!

JVelez on November 30, 2007 at 3:51 PM

Reports on FNC from a 21 year old whose father knows the hostage taker. Gave the guy’s name as Troy Stanley. Mentally disturbed with conspiracy theories about the government broadcasting messages into his brain.

Just a kid. This could all be bs.

techno_barbarian on November 30, 2007 at 3:53 PM

TRUTHER!!!

JVelez on November 30, 2007 at 3:51 PM

Uhh, do you know something I don’t? Or are you just guessing?

Zetterson on November 30, 2007 at 3:53 PM

Well, from AP’s earlier post. That cinches it, right? He’s a democrat LOL

I knew Hotair’s refusal to post this news story would come back and haunt them!

I knew it!

lorien1973 on November 30, 2007 at 3:55 PM

Uhh, do you know something I don’t? Or are you just guessing?

Zetterson on November 30, 2007 at 3:53 PM

The kid Cameron’s interviewing, a friend of the guy’s son, said the guy has conspiracy theories that bugs had been placed in his head by the government.

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 3:55 PM

Like Techno said could all be bs. On the foxnews.com feed it is only focused on Carl Cameron. You hear Carl talking to the kid and the kid gave him a name and said that he think’s that he might be a truther. Then Carl was screaming to cut in. If Im wrong Im sorry just letting you know what I saw/heard…

JVelez on November 30, 2007 at 3:56 PM

Ok, enough of this! It’s time for Greta to give us an update on the Natalie Holloway case … Oh looky dat, ask and you shall receive. Seriously, I was gonna say something like that and wham, there it is.

Tony737 on November 30, 2007 at 3:57 PM

Rochester police log – 8/29/07 to 9/4/07

10:13 a.m. — Troy Alan Stanley, 44, of 287 Rochester Hill Road, 201, is charged with criminal trespass.

For what it is worth…

sunny on November 30, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Tony737 on November 30, 2007 at 3:57 PM

I really dispise FNC for the car wreck rubbernecking coverage of the latest missing/murdered blond girl. Almost completely stopped watching FNC for several months now.

Of all the real news that’s out there to cover, the big myopic eye focuses on the tabloid stuff. Disgusting.

techno_barbarian on November 30, 2007 at 4:00 PM

WMUR does not know if any other hostages remain inside.
A presser is scheduled any moment by the Rochester P.D.

rslancer14 on November 30, 2007 at 4:01 PM

Stanley’s son has apparently told police the “explosive” was actually highway flares.

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 4:01 PM

Explosives may be road flares per son…fox news

sunny on November 30, 2007 at 4:01 PM

In that case ameripundid, I hope this man gets some help. And I hope its not the Troy Stanley from Dover NH who participated in the Boston Marine Corps Honor Run in 2005:

Zetterson on November 30, 2007 at 4:02 PM

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 4:01 PM

get outta my head dewd

sunny on November 30, 2007 at 4:02 PM

I think the name Carl Cameron just gave was Troy Stanley.

Of course it’s coming third hand through a 21 year old, but sounded genuine.

John on November 30, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Zetterson on November 30, 2007 at 4:02 PM

No, it appears to be Troy Stanley of Rochester. He’s known by local police, apparently.

get outta my head dewd

sunny on November 30, 2007 at 4:02 PM

:-)

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Hit from a quick google search:

Tuesday, November 6
6:14 p.m. — Troy Alan Stanley, 44, of Rochester Hill Road, is arrested on a bench warrant for disorderly conduct.

And, thank God, it sounds like the ‘bomb’ is just road flares. Just a sick guy, it would seem.

techno_barbarian on November 30, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Tony737 on November 30, 2007 at 3:49 PM

I’ve suspected as much from the beginning, but I was already told not to speculate (for not speculating) so I didn’t want to throw it out there.

I am interested to see how this Truther angle develops though.

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 4:05 PM

Road flares can still hurt ya, but it’s lookin’ more and more like our prayers will be answered … it’s just a nutjob “known to local police” and whose son says he has “been drinking”.

Tony737 on November 30, 2007 at 4:05 PM

I’ve just got to say that I sure am happy that this whole thing ended without anybody getting hurt. Thank God.

Zetterson on November 30, 2007 at 4:06 PM

same here. hopefully this does not get pimped politically

JVelez on November 30, 2007 at 4:07 PM

10 bucks he’s a 9-11 Troofer.

Good Lt on November 30, 2007 at 4:08 PM

TheBigOldDog on November 30, 2007 at 2:59 PM
How could the media not realize this, it is no problem for me to find out these details later, after the situation is (hopefully) peacefully resolved.

christophercube on November 30, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Now that the imminent danger seems to have dissipated, I shudder at the thought of how Hillary is going to spin this to her advantage.

Not “if” – but, “how.”

yo on November 30, 2007 at 4:09 PM

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Dover is just down the road from Rochester. Rochester Hill road is a route between the two towns. He was recently divorced and going thru mental issues that pertain to that.

rslancer14 on November 30, 2007 at 4:09 PM

same here. hopefully this does not get pimped politically

JVelez on November 30, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Depends on if he has any party affiliation. If he is some right-wing nut, it will be “pimped”. If he’s not, this will be forgotten about by tomorrow morning.

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 4:10 PM

If he’s not, this will be forgotten about by tomorrow morning.

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 4:10 PM

Except for us locals.

rslancer14 on November 30, 2007 at 4:11 PM

This guy wants to speak to Hillary.

Buddy, she won’t even speak to the moron journalists who idolize her.

Zach on November 30, 2007 at 4:11 PM

If he’s not, this will be forgotten about by tomorrow morning.

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 4:10 PM

If he’s not, prep yourself for inclusion of “mental wellness” into the mantra of universal health care.

Not to mention a ban on road flares.

yo on November 30, 2007 at 4:12 PM

…allegedly complaining that the government is planting bugs in his head.

Ah, we’ve moved into the RFID debate.

eeyore on November 30, 2007 at 4:15 PM

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 4:10 PM

It won’t matter. All that matters to the spineless subhuman hatemongers is that it happened. They will argue, regardless of outcome, that it COULD have been a right-wing nut but wasn’t this time. They will wrap this in some sort of “nuance” that said because this happened to Hillary it’s a product of the vast right wing conspiracy.

It won’t be anyone in Rochester, it won’t be the Hillary campaign itself, but mark my words, some idiot nutrootsian subhuman is going to run this story for propaganda. They don’t care about truth in the reality-based community. All they have to hear is “hostage situation at Hillary headquarters” and BAM, you can’t stop them from sending venom everywhere.

BKennedy on November 30, 2007 at 4:22 PM

Hit from a quick google search: . . .

techno_barbarian on November 30, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Stalker! ;-)

aero on November 30, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Per friend (Arnold Bennett) on Fox:

Part of the Libertarian movement in Rochester – took it to the extreme.

Government conspiracies galore. Chip in his head implanted years ago.

Accosting people in front of the Gas Station the other day about these conspiracies.

Lost brother. Financial issues. Divorced. Comes from good family and was an upstanding guy around there.

TheBigOldDog on November 30, 2007 at 4:26 PM

…allegedly complaining that the government is planting bugs in his head.

Sounds like a Truther.

Blacklake on November 30, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Is anyone else following the Clinton campaign hostage crises?[sic]

Oh Crap ! by choochoocheney
This has got SB 1959 written all over it… by mweldon
a b s o l u t e l y !!!! by tnwatchman
wow… definately thought by Cheeseburger
I am by marvieman
No chance by loveablenerd
They’re probably blame it on Dr. Paul. by GabrielPage

Connie on November 30, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Stalker! ;-)

aero on November 30, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Heh. ;)

Cavuto just had a guy on that knows Troy Stanley and evidently Troy’s been through a lot of personal trauma lately, and has finally gone over the edge. Evidently he was respected in the community. I’m sure there will be more about all that in the coming hours.

techno_barbarian on November 30, 2007 at 4:29 PM

And now Fox breaks in to say Evil Knievel died.

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 4:31 PM

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 4:31 PM

You know how many scrapes, bruises, and broken bones me and my friends suffered growing up jumping ramps in out bicycles because of that guy!

TheBigOldDog on November 30, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Is the hostage crisis over? Can Bryan put the hammer down now?

BelchSpeak on November 30, 2007 at 4:36 PM

And now Fox breaks in to say Evil Knievel died.

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Well’ we know what they’ll be talking about for the next week – non-stop. Ugh.

jdawg on November 30, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Is the hostage crisis over? Can Bryan put the hammer down now?

BelchSpeak on November 30, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Still winding down. Looks like they’ve got things under control, though.

techno_barbarian on November 30, 2007 at 4:39 PM

So everybody in the community knew he unfortunately had gone completely mad. Why did they sell him road flares?

TheBigOldDog on November 30, 2007 at 4:41 PM

The man giving the press conference says “This is a hostage situation”. He won’t say if there’s any hostages left in the building.

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 4:43 PM

“I will not confirm the number of hostages in there now”.

amerpundit on November 30, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Why did they sell him road flares?

TheBigOldDog on November 30, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Why wouldn’t they? Those aren’t commonly considered weapons.

Esthier on November 30, 2007 at 4:47 PM

All right, it looks like the suspect is confirmed as Troy Stanley. HuffPo’s putting together a dossier on him,

Huffpo’s stalking?

Topsecretk9 on November 30, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Esthier on November 30, 2007 at 4:47 PM

What’s a seriously mentally ill person going to do with something that looks like sticks if dynamite? What’s he need road flares for? See? When you have a guy everybody knows has gone completely mad and is spending time accosting people in front of a gas station, you need to act responsibly when dealing with him.

TheBigOldDog on November 30, 2007 at 4:51 PM

I do have to say that the foxnews SUVs are pretty sweet thing to have

JVelez on November 30, 2007 at 4:54 PM

TheBigOldDog on November 30, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Hey, crazy people aren’t immune from roadside emergencies!

RightWinged on November 30, 2007 at 4:55 PM

This reminds me of the good old ways when people who did this kind of evil were alway crazy. Sad, the muslims have for the most part taken over the field.

thuja on November 30, 2007 at 4:56 PM