Video: “Give Peace a Chance” rewritten by, ummmm, Mike Gravel

posted at 7:42 pm on November 29, 2007 by Allahpundit

I’d like to say something wistful like “I’m glad John’s not here to see what he’s done to his song,” but let’s face it: if John was here, Gravel would be his candidate. In that basic truth lies the peculiar anguish known only to conservative Beatles fans, my friends.

I needn’t remind you, I hope, that this is no departure for wavy Gravy. As denying illegal aliens college tuition on the taxpayer dime constitutes “punishment” in Mike Huckabee’s mind, so apparently does denying this doddering old crank a place at the Democratic debates constitute not letting him say what he wants to say.

Exit observation: On the spectrum of musical artistry, this is the precise opposite of “Cherry Chocolate Rain.”

Comments

Give Heather Mills the royalties from this version of the song.

Spirit of 1776 on November 29, 2007 at 7:45 PM

An interesting idea, good editing, and visuals like watching a School House Rock episode… while Chairman Mao shoved a glass swizzle stick up my dillhole just before Alan Ginsberg smashed my schwanz with a clawhammer.

ScottMcC on November 29, 2007 at 8:03 PM

still sounds better than yoko.

amish on November 29, 2007 at 8:03 PM

Q: Could that possibly suck any more?

A: yeah, with a Ron Paul cameo.

TheSitRep on November 29, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Hey, tell Bryan to get an open thread up on the game!

conservnut on November 29, 2007 at 8:12 PM

The image of a turtle hiding in his shell was a apropos metaphor for the libs on the subject of terrorism and national security.

Mallard T. Drake on November 29, 2007 at 8:13 PM

You just can’t stop watching his videos, although you really want to. If only he would be annoying, or make a sudden menacing move toward the camera.

laelaps on November 29, 2007 at 8:20 PM

That was truly painful. I’m going out to find a flock of birds to peck my eyes out, thank you.

MsUnderestimated on November 29, 2007 at 8:23 PM

Do the “Ventilators” have a third in mind here?

JetBoy on November 29, 2007 at 8:29 PM

Cute,Allah,next time can you go with a warning like,
Liberal video might be offensive,”Use Eye and Ear Muffs
at your discretion”haha

canopfor on November 29, 2007 at 8:45 PM

I’ll tell you my brilliant video idea!,
get somebody to make a video about last
nights debate,Get President Ronald Reagan
to address the question’s asked,in the true
Reagan communicator that he was,because he would’ve
straighten out the CNN host,and demanded
REAL question’s.

canopfor on November 29, 2007 at 8:57 PM

Well, that was two minutes I’ll never have back.

Do the “Ventilators” have a third in mind here?

I certainly enjoyed their version, “Give Terror A Chance”, much better. For one thing, Michelle is much easier on the eyes than Yoko, and even easier on the ears. (Too bad that the latter isn’t saying much.)

Count me as one of those conservative Beatles fans. John Lennon was a gifted musician – and one of the most visible moonbats of his day.

Bigfoot on November 29, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Hey, he said Power To The People in there a few times.
Whoopie’s not going to like that.

PowWow on November 29, 2007 at 9:31 PM

…..but let’s face it: if John was here, Gravel would be his candidate. In that basic truth lies the peculiar anguish known only to conservative Beatles fans, my friends.

Which begs the question, why are you a John Lennon fan? And no its not about being a Beatles fan, but a John Lennon fan. Why? Is it the catchy tunes? How can any self-respecting conservative be a John Lennon fan? And why does Laura chose Power to the People?

I mean….the original self-castrating metro-sexual, maoist, “feminist”, truly malignant narcissist, the one who started it all, who, having abandoned his wife and child (Julian) could somehow write a song like Mother himself, why?

You AP, are not a baby boomer. You should not have this disease!

Nyog_of_the_Bog on November 29, 2007 at 9:48 PM

I sometimes wonder if John Lennon would have a change of heart after 9/11. It happened to Paul Mccartney, who saw the towers attacked, and put together that one song called “Freedom”. And then he organized the Concert For New York.

mram on November 29, 2007 at 10:33 PM

I think he read too much W. Burroughs.

amend2 on November 30, 2007 at 12:20 AM

mram

I’m too young to remember him first hand, but from his music and what I know about the guy, I think Lennon was a full blown communist. I doubt he would have changed his mind. I mean, I think “Imagine” is a beautiful tune and well written, but the lyrics sound like Chairman Mao’s dream of Marxist Utopia.

p40tiger on November 30, 2007 at 5:10 AM

Gravel/Kucinich ’72!

Damian P. on November 30, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Well, that was two minutes I’ll never have back.

Ditto.

Hey, he said Power To The People in there a few times.
Whoopie’s not going to like that.

Whoopieeee???? He’s ripping Laura Ingraham off!!!!!!

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 30, 2007 at 11:20 AM