Audio: Michelle talks about CNN’s debate horticulture with Glenn Beck

posted at 4:30 pm on November 29, 2007 by Bryan

The boss has been making the media rounds today: Fox followed by Wilkow followed by Glenn Beck. Beck brings a unique perspective to the table on the CNN Planting Season, because his TV show airs on that network and, as he says in the clip, he has network suits in his face regularly pushing back against stories that he airs. Do those same suits not ever take a look at how CNN conducts these presidential debates?

Comments

Good interview.

Pam on November 29, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Michelle Michelle Michelle, it’s all about nuance…There were no plants at the Republican debate, just a few nut’s and a big old fruit…

doriangrey on November 29, 2007 at 4:54 PM

Michelle,

David Bohrman, CNN’s Washington Bureau Chief was the guy in charge of the question selection.

He is the man who needs to answer some questions…

On Tuesday, Hugh Hewitt had on his show, Youtube’s “Director of news and politics”, Steve Grove discussing the Youtube debate and how it affects the integrity of the political process.

Grove was asked who, specifically, is choosing the questions and Grove said that David Bohrman and his team were the ones in charge.

Please get David Bohrman on the phone. No one is talking about this guy’s role in all this.

infidelesto on November 29, 2007 at 4:56 PM

- Oh, I believe in a total grand conspiracy alright over at CNN.

- Anderson Cooper is a bottomlevel useful idiot for the useful idiots.

- Wonder when and who MM will pick as her candidate

- Great interview

Schweggie on November 29, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Bryan,

Speaking of suits, I posted this on one of the other threads, but look at what the CNN Suit in Chief, David Bohrman, who is their “Washington bureau chief and executive producer of the debate”, promised:

From: Sneak Peek at CNN/YouTube Debate Videos/By Ariel Alexovich, dated November 21, 2007.

…many of the remaining posts involve asking the candidates to defend their opposition to gay marriage and abortion. Those kinds of “lobbying grenades” would be disqualified by the CNN selection team, Mr. Bohrman said.

“There are quite a few things you might describe as Democratic ‘gotchas,’ and we are weeding those out,” Mr. Bohrman said. CNN wants to ensure that next Wednesday’s Republican event is “a debate of their party.”

The suit has a few questions to answer. I don’t recall any “gay marriage” questions, but they sure did a lousy job of weeding!

Buy Danish on November 29, 2007 at 4:59 PM

infidelesto on November 29, 2007 at 4:56 PM

I am, but I’m just a nobody!

The funny thing is that I found out about this by checking Media Matters where they were whining about how unfairly the Dems were treated by CNN last time around.

Media Matters posted this before the debate…

Buy Danish on November 29, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Somewhere deep in their psyches the hard-core Libs know that their candidates are essentially evil, but they cannot help their moral-equivalency meter from doing all they can to try and paint the other side as just as evil. TO do this they must bend reality and break rules, cheat , lie and steal.

bbz123 on November 29, 2007 at 5:13 PM

Buy Danish: That’s quite a catch right there.

see-dubya on November 29, 2007 at 5:16 PM

see-dubya on November 29, 2007 at 5:16 PM

I should check out Media Matters more often. Here’s their latest hysterical item:

Headline!:

CNN’s Bohrman apologized to Republican candidates over question in YouTube debate, but has yet to apologize to Democrats.

What was the nature of the apology, one might ask?

In a statement published in a November 29 post to CNN’s “Political Ticker” blog, CNN senior vice president David Bohrman, the executive producer of the debate, apologized for allowing the question to have aired, given Kerr’s campaign affiliation: “We regret this, and apologize to the Republican candidates. We never would have used the General’s question had we known that he was connected to any presidential candidate.”

So, the cravenly coward slips an apology in at CNN’s own blog? I’m not watching CNN (shocking, I know) but I’d love to know if they have had him on today.

He also fails to mention all the other weeds in the garden.

What a farce.

Buy Danish on November 29, 2007 at 5:37 PM

Fox News should sponser a new debate, soon, for the Democrats…when Barak, Hillary and Edwards refuse to show, have the debate anyways….have the empty podiums for them and let Dennis Kucinich answer all the questions…you know he’ll show up, maybe Biden or someone else would show as well…they could even ask the questions to the no-shows and focus on the emty podium for about 10 seconds, and then let Dennis answer for them too…it would be a hoot and I bet it would be a ratings boon…

canvas on November 29, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Good interview Michelle. Will be tuning into Glenn this evening to see if he airs his thoughs about the debate.

I sent a “Good-bye” email to CNN – well except that I will watch Glenn.

Michelle – when will you get your own TV slot? Or another Vent up?

BobK on November 29, 2007 at 5:41 PM

John Gibson is confirming what Rush said earlier – that CNN flew the Brigadier General Kerr from California to Florida for the debate.

Gibson asks, what did Anderson know, and when did he know it?

Earlier I felt that this was more a CNN scandal than a Hillary scandal, but Dick Morris (ugh) is making a good case that Hillary’s fingerprints are all over this, and he is comparing it to Nixon’s dirty tricks. Dick wants to know what did her staff know and when did she know it?

Buy Danish on November 29, 2007 at 5:49 PM

Really glad to see MM on E.D. Hill’s show and thoroughly enjoyed two mature thinkers discussing a matter without the squeeling, pursed lips, and airhead hair flipping that FOX is becoming known for. MM, you did great.

AHHH, Glenn Beck. Only program on CNN I can stand to watch. I’ve mentioned many times how I’d love to see MM on his show. I hope it’s soon. They’d make great sparing partners, albeit preaching to the choir.

24K lady on November 29, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Michelle, I love, I’ll vote for you for President, but you are wrong about cooper. That guy has power at cnn and is not some poor innocent victim. He viewed every question multiple times and knew who every single person was. We cannot let these people off the hook when we have them dead to rights. Great, he seems to do an honest story every once in a while but he is acxtively working, as evidenced last night and previously, to put the leftists in power.

peacenprosperity on November 29, 2007 at 8:41 PM

I’ve been listening to Glenn Beck off and on for several years now. In the last year, he seems to have found hist stride. I’m betting Glenn is next to Sean Hannity in the audience rankings very soon, and maybe higher eventually. Glenn’s a thoughtful, insightful commentator who, like Rush, is almost always ahead of the curve. He also lends wit, common sense, and perspective.

Full speed ahead, Glenn!

petefrt on November 29, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Michelle, Bryan, all

I was privileged to miss the debate last night, I chose instead to go see Mark Steyn. He was wonderful.

From the sublime to the ridiculous, I listen to Mark Steyn, followed by loser clips from the Repo debate.

One shill could be missed and we could at least accept the lie that no one knew, but how many were there? Six? Eight?

It is simply not possible for any honest entity, who’s profit depends on research talent, to have done its diligence and to suddenly discover that it missed a half dozen “spies”. This was planned, without question.

Who has the ego and the record of lies and coverups to match the amount they have to gain?

HonestConservative on November 29, 2007 at 10:34 PM

I can’t remember if it was on CNN, their pre-game thing, or it was on a YouTube interview of him. He was almost complaining beforehand about who/how the questions were picked.

- The Cat

MirCat on November 30, 2007 at 1:59 AM

It’s refreshing to hear CNN’s Glenn Beck exposing his own network. Bravo Glenn.

The Clinton News Network has lost the one picogram of credibility that it still had.

Mojave Mark on November 30, 2007 at 2:02 AM

Great work Michelle and all for your work at ‘da bait’ (that’s what the Demoncrats tried to bait the candidates into tripping up).

I agree with MM the Demoncrats have become honorary members of the Horticultue world because of all the planting they are doing. I bet they chose this new method of campaigning because it is similar to cloning, and is in line with their bait and switch mentality.

This debate had more leftist than the Demoncrat debate.

Ask a few questions: Why did he retire as a B/Gen., did he just reach his ‘Peter Principle’? Does he support or not support “do not ask do not tell”? If he supports the policy he should have sat next to the phony ‘Log Cabin’ Republican.

MSGTAS on November 30, 2007 at 8:49 AM

For those (like myself) who were wondering:

Schadenfreude
(German) malicious enjoyment at the misfortunes of others.

CyberCipher on November 30, 2007 at 12:22 PM