Quote of the day

posted at 10:35 pm on November 28, 2007 by Allahpundit

“We note a shift in public discourse concerning this case; it has effectively turned from a gang rape — in which the rapists were the perpetrators — to a case of seduction in which the girl is the seducer and guilty party. Some scholars have expressed their belief that the girl and her ‘partners’ deserve the death penalty. Notice please the use of the word ‘partners.’ The word ‘partner’ usually suggests a voluntary link or association…

It has been interesting to follow the online comments from readers and members of the public about the case. A shift in perspective has become very clear; now there are voices asking for stoning and some are asking for death — for the girl of course. Some readers have blamed the media for defaming the girl’s reputation by asking for more information on the case; some others have accused the press of tarnishing the Kingdom’s image abroad. Who, I must ask, has tarnished the image? But why has there been a shift in perspective? Why suddenly is there talk of the victims being the guilty party? How did we lose direction so quickly?”

“Then he said, ‘[name withheld], you get 90 lashes. You should thank God that you’re not in prison’. I asked why and he said, ‘You know why. Because it’s khilwa hair sharan [mingling begets evil]‘. Everyone looks at me as if I’m wrong. I couldn’t even continue my studies. I wanted to die.”

Comments

It sounds like nightmare from 1001 Arabian Nights.

Zorro on November 28, 2007 at 10:40 PM

For many of that cult, ANY perceived wrong against their wacky moon-god warrants death. Cartoons, teddy bears, getting gang raped by animals.

bbz123 on November 28, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Yep, blame the victim, like that’s going to make anyone on the outside of that bizarre culture understand it any better. I guess it’s their way of justifying the whole thing. Sick bunch of f***ers.

4shoes on November 28, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Our troops should pull out of Islamic Iraq and on the way home swing by even more Islamic Saudi Arabia and hang ever fracken member of the Saudi “royal” family and boil ever Imam there in oil then bury the whole sub human lot in a mass grave full of pig $hit.

MB4 on November 28, 2007 at 10:47 PM

I just named my hamster mohammed. Will I be on a death list now?

SouthernPride on November 28, 2007 at 10:48 PM

It’s always the womans fault in Muslim countries.

doriangrey on November 28, 2007 at 10:51 PM

What in the world can we do for this woman?

nailinmyeye on November 28, 2007 at 10:52 PM

MB4 on November 28, 2007 at 10:47 PM

You keep thinking that way and I just might start liking the cut of your jib…

doriangrey on November 28, 2007 at 10:52 PM

MB4 on November 28, 2007 at 10:47 PM

Fracking? I hadn’t taken you for a fan of the show.

Esthier on November 28, 2007 at 10:57 PM

It’s always the womans fault in Muslim countries.

doriangrey on November 28, 2007 at 10:51 PM

but of course, she is lower than a dog in their culture, or something like that.

abinitioadinfinitum on November 28, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Sad thing is the very begining sentance

Last Sunday, along with the rest of the world, Saudi Arabia celebrated a day dedicated to Eliminating Violence Against Women.

Yet they dont understand what they were even suppose to have during that day

William Amos on November 28, 2007 at 11:05 PM

Fracking? I hadn’t taken you for a fan of the show.

Esthier on November 28, 2007 at 10:57 PM

There’s a show by that name?

I don’t have cable.

I thought that I had made it up as a euthanism for that other word.

You mean it’s already taken?

I hope it has the same meaning.

MB4 on November 28, 2007 at 11:34 PM

You keep thinking that way and I just might start liking the cut of your jib…

doriangrey on November 28, 2007 at 10:52 PM

You two need to be more careful. Homosexuality is frowned upon by the Muslims, the Jewish, and the Catholics.

KMC1 on November 28, 2007 at 11:53 PM

KMC1 Widestance on November 28, 2007 at 11:53 PM

Nither one of us is interested in your pickup line.

Try tap, tap, taping elsewhere.

MB4 on November 29, 2007 at 12:13 AM

MB4 on November 29, 2007 at 12:13 AM

ooh ouch

mjkazee on November 29, 2007 at 12:46 AM

MB4 on November 28, 2007 at 10:47 PM

There’s my quote of the day right there.

Griz on November 29, 2007 at 1:57 AM

I’m sure I’m stating the obvious,but;Where’s the Famous Compassionate Liberal outrage over this?Liberal women in particular?NOW?anyone?….This would be a great opportunity for Ms.Rodham to address.Unfortunately to do so would totally alienate her “progressive”female voter base.There’s got to be a reason.Their compassion is limited to their agenda…

Regney on November 29, 2007 at 6:02 AM

…and another thing…Don’t even think of naming your Teddy Bear Mohammad….

Regney on November 29, 2007 at 6:58 AM

Regney on November 29, 2007 at 6:02 AM

Let me be the first one to call your bull. Hillary has in fact called on the Saudi king to intervene on behalf of the rape victim. She has called the verdict “an outrage.” To me the real question is “where is the US Government on this?”

factoid on November 29, 2007 at 8:15 AM

Oh, OK, here’s the US Government’s reaction in a State Department press Briefing by spokesman Sean McCormack. You can read the whole thing but let me just give you the highlights. These are all direct quotes uttered by McCormack:

“We have expressed our astonishment”
“we’re not going to try to dictate social norms to various countries”
“I am not aware of any direct contact with the Saudis on this issue.”
“The Saudi Government has committed itself to a pathway of reform”

factoid on November 29, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Here’s a fun game: Before you click the link, name the blame-America-first SOB who said these on CNN:

“The United States has been far too involved in sort of looking the other way, not only at the atrocities of human rights and violation of women”

“Every time we put our credit card in the gas pump, we’re paying so that the Saudis get rich”

“America has allowed itself to become enslaved to Saudi oil.”

factoid on November 29, 2007 at 8:46 AM

Factoid-you are correct;I didn’t have that info.However,I still want to see the”outrage” from the so-called feminists.When that happens I will be more than happy to say I was way off base.

Regney on November 29, 2007 at 9:41 AM

MB4 on November 28, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Oh, yeah; it has the same meaning.

Frozen Tex on November 29, 2007 at 9:51 AM

I think I agree with every word MB4 said.

doufree on November 29, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Or in this case, what MB4 wrote.

doufree on November 29, 2007 at 12:53 PM

MB4 on November 29, 2007 at 12:13 AM

Try “taping” somewhere else? Why, where do you need something taped? An envelope perhaps? A box like the little chocolates you and Dorito buy eachother for Valentine’s Day?
LOL.