Too dumb to check: Yale Taliban a member of Facebook group for Obama supporters

posted at 12:22 pm on November 26, 2007 by Allahpundit

An ex-member, actually. He claims he left because some of the other members objected to him (on the merits or for publicity purposes, one wonders) but I prefer the alternate explanation. He also insists he had “no political intentions” in joining. Maybe he’s one of those Facebook users who’s just in it to connect with chicks?

What’s stupidest, a Taliban spokesman (a) cruising Facebook, (b) belonging to a group called “Jews and Muslims at Yale,” (c) accusing Americans of making political decisions based on prejudice and parochialism?

[G[uessing from my experiences in America I don’t think he is going to be a strong leader who could bring important changes. Because, I think as a black man, with a muslim name that is similar to Osama, and a foreign born father he is not going gain the confidence of the core white Americans. I know some liberals support him. But liberals are usually shaky–not– die-hards as the conservatives.

2 to 1 says this quote ends up being linked approvingly at the Daily Dish as evidence that, unlike those nasty Christianists, “even the Taliban” recognizes Obama is the rational choice.

Incidentally, he’s … still at Yale? I thought he’d been Talibanned, but apparently that decision only disqualified him from the degree program.

Comments

Yale and Taliban, how progressive.

Hening on November 26, 2007 at 12:25 PM

meh…I would have figured him to be more the Ron Paul type.

I just can’t choose! What’s really “stupidest” is that he’s even at Yale, much less in the US, at all.

JetBoy on November 26, 2007 at 12:27 PM

He sounds a lot more realistic and level headed than most of the liberals I talk to. Heh.

Jaibones on November 26, 2007 at 12:28 PM

He says the following:

This ex-Taliban fella is just a typical American liberal and what he said in the above paragraph is a reflection of exactly why Obama will not get the nomination. Mr Taliban is close with what he said but he just misses the mark with this one. Its not because core white America will not support a black man. That may or may not be true. I happen to think America would support a well qualified black man. Truthfully, though, it is because of the liberals inherent belief that America is a racist nation that they believe him to be unelectable. For that reason they will not make him their nominee. Mr Taliban is just articulating the results of this core liberal belief that America is a racist nation.

Zetterson on November 26, 2007 at 12:42 PM

O/T registration is currently open over at LGF…….

Wont be open for long though…

doriangrey on November 26, 2007 at 12:43 PM

I just logged in to Facebook and it automatically took me to Barack Obama’s page.

terryannonline on November 26, 2007 at 1:10 PM

Thanks for the tip, dg!

JetBoy on November 26, 2007 at 1:12 PM

This past weekend, someone was telling me the SAT score that Yale looks for to gain entry to their hallowed halls. I’m guessing they wave that for radical terrorists who wish to destroy the country that provides them with the freedom to exist?

Hening on November 26, 2007 at 1:13 PM

terryannonline on November 26, 2007 at 1:10 PM

Ignore my previous comment. I’m an idiot. I forget I was going to check who’s on Obama’s friends list that’s why it took straight to his page when I logged in. I thought Facebook might have some “Featured” people like MySpace and Obama was there featured person. I really don’t use Facebook that much.

terryannonline on November 26, 2007 at 1:22 PM

O/T registration is currently open over at LGF…….

Wont be open for long though…

doriangrey on November 26, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Closed now, told you it wouldnt last long…

doriangrey on November 26, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Tali Tali Ban Ban Ban – New Yale Cheer

Kini on November 26, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Hening on November 26, 2007 at 1:13 PM

Why would they do that? Aren’t there enough snotty liberal elitists who wish to destroy this country without “outsourcing?” Doesn’t Yale want diversity by bringing in a few moderate to right-leaning students to balance out all the rampant moonbats? Is Yale really saying that Taliban members are simply doing the hating that Americans refuse to do themselves?

Seriously, a good friend got accepted into Yale for grad school. She’s no right-wing conservative but she left after just the first semester. Seems like the only way Yale students get along and get ahead is if they become strident activists to some cause or another. You can’t just go there for an education.

highhopes on November 26, 2007 at 1:28 PM

highhopes on November 26, 2007 at 1:28

Yeah, I go to New Haven 2 0r 3 times a month out to the bars on Crown Street…amongst all the “Yalies”…suffice to say any political discussion with them is always “heated” to say the least.

JetBoy on November 26, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Maybe he made the same pronunciation mistake Ted Kennedy did?

Bad Candy on November 26, 2007 at 2:19 PM

highhopes on November 26, 2007 at 1:28 PM

No doubt, with lots of Professor prodding. I’m sure that the America-hating, Professors [sorry for the redundancy] use grades like a hammer.

Onward, Comrades. Onward. Your grades depend on it.

OhEssYouCowboys on November 26, 2007 at 2:24 PM

I thought this idiot had been kicked out

libertytexan on November 26, 2007 at 3:06 PM

A recent non-scientific poll conducted by the Yale Herald — a student-run weekly newspaper — which was answered by 2,000 undergrads, concluded that 50% of Yale supported Hashmi’s acceptance and about 25% opposed it.

Wonderful…that says it all.

Rick on November 26, 2007 at 3:55 PM

It is probably hard for AQ members to pick from the dem line up. But at the end of the day Barak Hussein Obama is a no brainer.

TheSitRep on November 26, 2007 at 5:46 PM

The Ivy league has become the Dhimmitude League.

docdave on November 26, 2007 at 8:35 PM