Video: Fox News is biased against me, says Fred

posted at 12:37 pm on November 25, 2007 by Allahpundit

Has it come to this? Yes, Carl Cameron had some fun with his Gucci-wearing, golf-cart-riding ways at the Iowa state fair. And no, the Foxies didn’t stint on reporting his personnel troubles. But has any candidate, Giuliani included, been hyped more consistently or enthusiastically by Sean Hannity than Fred? From the first one-on-one in May to the solo shot while the rest of the field was debating in June to an among-the-people sitdown in July, and on through to September and October, and that’s not including radio appearances or shots on other Fox shows. There’s been a “constant mantra,” all right. Just not the one Fred’s claiming here.

The ultimate irony? Guess which Fox show it was that launched his bid for the presidency.

Update: Will Fox News be blamed for this, too?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

This article makes a good point: How ‘What It Takes’ Took Me Off Course. Running a well run campaign doesn’t necessarily make you a good POTUS.

bnelson44 on November 26, 2007 at 12:07 AM

petefrt on November 25, 2007 at 11:59 PM

I hear ya’. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t disappoint myself.

Spirit of 1776 on November 26, 2007 at 12:09 AM

Face it Fraud!heads, Arthur Branch isn’t running, Fraud! Thompson is. An unaccomplished inexperienced backwater southern boy who plays fast and lose with the spirit of the law when it suits him, who has never lifted one finger for conservatism, although he has flapped a lot of lip and printed out a bulletted list.

BKennedy on November 25, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Wow. You’re playing fast and loose with the facts. Fred has a superb conservative record. Can’t say that about any other candidate. Sure I linked to the article at Fredfile and I said why. I could have linked linked to numerous articles.

Connie on November 26, 2007 at 1:10 AM

Here’s another one.

Thompson Proposes A New Tax Plan

Note the unbiased headline. Neither pro nor anti. Yes, the article is favorable.

Connie on November 26, 2007 at 1:31 AM

You nailed it!

Gatordoug on November 25, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Dude!

That was beautiful!

Ex-tex on November 25, 2007 at 9:28 PM

Thank you fellow Hotair commenters.

Theworldisnotenough on November 26, 2007 at 2:33 AM

The time is now for supporters of Thompson and Huckabee (another ethically challenged Arkansas governor) to stop whining and get behind Rudy,

Larraby on November 25, 2007 at 1:47 PM

I’ll wait until after Rudy has the nomination at the convention, thank you. Until that happens, I will support and vote for my candidate in the primary.

“It ain’t over, ’til its over.”

Texas Nick 77 on November 26, 2007 at 4:37 AM

Someone should start a all news cable channel. I would watch it.
Ain’t THAT the unhappy truth.

Mike H on November 25, 2007 at 1:53 PM

Hopefully, one without a leftard slant.

Texas Nick 77 on November 26, 2007 at 4:40 AM

He’s complaining about Fox News bias? He’s lucky he’s such an underpeformer else the MSM would be so far up his backside he’d have wolf blizter humping his face like the monkeys did to the Rock in The Rundown. So much for supporting this guy. Looks like my choices are down to Rudy, or Ted Kennedy’s houseboy Mitt. Boy, I haven’t even started the day yet and I’m ready to stick my head in the oven. Well, at least gas prices keep going up. We’ll have plenty of lube leftover from that to get us ready for Hillary’s tax hikes.

austinnelly on November 26, 2007 at 8:45 AM

It’s like a coach complaining on the sidelines about a call…it is not the immediate call he is trying to affect, it’s the calls later.
Fred called them out, now he is hoping for a little leniency.

right2bright on November 26, 2007 at 10:15 AM

austinnelly

Ummm they were at him from the beginning saying he was lazy, arrogant, stupid and tried to dig up anything including 3 hrs of phone consultation with a pro abortion group a gazillion eons ago

So they really didn’t find anything – now they just say, well he’s a conservative has a few good ideas but he’s a loser

Geez the depths of media discourse in America

EricPWJohnson on November 26, 2007 at 10:48 AM

LA Times drove that story. Fred wasn’t complaining about the Times by name.

Spirit of 1776 on November 26, 2007 at 11:00 AM

Mixed feelings here.

The story about the golf cart and Gucci’s was positively stupid and substanceless. But Fred’s campaign, policy proposals aside, has been very underwhelming and a big disappointment for those that had high hopes for him so far.

Don’t think this helps either.

thirteen28 on November 26, 2007 at 11:08 AM

It mystifies me when a TV show goes to the trouble to get a guest to appear, and then does not let the guest speak.

In typical fashion, we got 2 minutes of Chris for every 30 seconds of Fred. And Fred had to talk over Chris, who was constantly interrupting.

This is not good journalism, or even good interviewing. Jay Leno is much better at conducting a good interview than Chris Matthews…even when Leno is interviewing a Conservative, he treats them respectfully and lets them talk.

If I were a TV News executive, I’d immediately fire anyone who (1) interviewed a reporter and presented it as “news”, or (2) included a phrase like “we have 10 seconds” in a one-on-one interview.

In short, I quit paying attention to Fox News Sunday when Tony Snow left: it just isn’t the same anymore.

landlines on November 26, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Stop ganging up on Allah. He’s done a tremendous job while being impartial to all candidates (except Paul) despite having a favourite candidate.

AlexB on November 26, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Jay Leno is much better at conducting a good interview than Chris Matthews

CORRECTION: My bad…I meant Chris Wallace

(Fredian Freudian Slip)

landlines on November 26, 2007 at 3:39 PM

I understand the game of build-up and I understand the game of take down and we all go through it and I’m perfectly willing for you to do that with regards to me and as you do the other candidates but you have the right to put in your one side.. and I have the right to respond to it…

He wasn’t blaming Fox. He was just pointing that his story has been framed by pundits and the media before it’s played out and there’s two sides to the coin. The two stories (Fred! says) FoxNews (and frankly around here too) was pushing was: 1. He can’t possibly do well, he doesn’t have enough money and is getting in too late. 2. He’s campaign is lack luster. But his point is well taken, for getting in late and being lack luster, it’s not like he’s doing pathetically.

If Huckabee ends up doing better than Thompson in the long run then there is no help for this party. Huck and/or Rudy are the conservative answer to Bush/Congress over spending, immigration? Interesting, very interesting…

Sultry Beauty on November 26, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Allahpundit on November 25, 2007 at 1:14 PM

And, like Fred said in this interview, his stance on reforming Social Security?

Sultry Beauty on November 26, 2007 at 5:35 PM

I appreciate that you’re being (sort of) complimentary but it is depressing sometimes to realize how you guys see me and characterize what I’m trying to do.

Allahpundit on November 25, 2007 at 5:52 PM

The commenters are biased against me, says AP! ROTFLMAO!! Is AP whining?

Sultry Beauty on November 26, 2007 at 6:05 PM

Sultry Beauty on November 26, 2007 at 6:05 PM

Hmmmm, thinks that make you wonder

Gatordoug on November 26, 2007 at 6:21 PM