Video: The best Thanksgiving evah

posted at 8:25 am on November 20, 2007 by Allahpundit

Which lucky HA readers will be traveling this year, hm?

Comments

Nope no traveling for me, staying put in Texas con la familia.

terryannonline on November 20, 2007 at 8:29 AM

It seems that every time I am at O’Hare my gate is the furthest away from any food or beverage kiosks.

bbz123 on November 20, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Flying commercial is so 20th century. And the riff-raff. No thank you.

JiangxiDad on November 20, 2007 at 8:43 AM

In the holiday spirit of depressing thoughts, I’ve been ranting for the last couple of weeks about the possible implications of crowded Thanksgiving airports and an uncontrolled border.

thuja on November 20, 2007 at 8:48 AM

Yeah, my one hour drive doesn’t seem so bad.

pb5000 on November 20, 2007 at 8:50 AM

Driving from Tucson to Lubbock Thanksgiving Day. Chance of rain/snow when I arrive and a better chance of snow Saturday!!! I love snow! Hopefully, I can get home Sunday OK.

Ordinary1 on November 20, 2007 at 9:04 AM

I’m starting to regret my plans to go to Boston (from here in Dallas)

urbancenturion on November 20, 2007 at 9:04 AM

We are headed to Houston. I’m just waiting for that cold front to get here – it’s a balmy 71 degrees outside already.
Gobble gobble!!

pullingmyhairout on November 20, 2007 at 9:14 AM

Yeah, my one hour drive doesn’t seem so bad.

pb5000 on November 20, 2007 at 8:50 AM

If I had an hour to drive I’d kill myself. Try ten minutes!

Longhorn Six on November 20, 2007 at 9:18 AM

Count me in! Who doesn’t love turtles airports?

T J Green on November 20, 2007 at 9:28 AM

i feel lucky i have never traveled by anything but a car during the holidays. can’t imagine sitting in an airport for an entire day, that would have to suck

trailortrash on November 20, 2007 at 9:42 AM

Just drove to Leesburg Virginia from Austin last Friday to Sunday. Flew back yesterday. It wasn’t for the holidays; just delivering the car to my folks up there; money spent on gas, and the quality of traffic was bad enough before the holidays. I don’t plan on going anywhere but work for the next few days.

austinnelly on November 20, 2007 at 9:49 AM

Forget Thanksgiving! Repeal Day sounds enticing!

Shy Guy on November 20, 2007 at 10:07 AM

I’ll be making the yearly 3 hour drive from Buffalo NY to the family home in New Castle PA again this year. Fortunately, it’s a very nice drive, and I don’t mind it. Right near the end I get off the interstate and drive through Amish country. The kids always love seeing the horse-drawn buggies. I can’t wait, it’s gonna be great.

wearyman on November 20, 2007 at 10:11 AM

I am already in Palm Beach, FL.

My trip thus far has been a disaster. The creamed corn at the early bird special was too hot, too cold and too spicy all at the same time and my rascal blew a tire.

liberrocky on November 20, 2007 at 10:12 AM

I am already in Palm Beach, FL.

liberrocky on November 20, 2007 at 10:12 AM

Does Uncle Rush really have a flat screen in every room?

JiangxiDad on November 20, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Ummmmmm..Dewar’s

Oldnuke on November 20, 2007 at 10:27 AM

My mother-in-law is arriving soon. I would prefer the airport.

JiangxiDad on November 20, 2007 at 10:28 AM

I never have to go anywhere at Thanksgiving. The folks live 15 mins away…YAY!!

tickleddragon on November 20, 2007 at 10:47 AM

When I was going to college in Maryland, and for four years living in DC afterwards, the trip home to Connecticut on I-95 was abysmal. I only drove twice…after that, I took the plane.

Of course, the flight was what, 45 minutes or so? But the whole ordeal of getting to and from airports etc made it 5 hours. But still much better than 8 hours sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic from Baltimore to NYC.

JetBoy on November 20, 2007 at 11:05 AM

If I had to spend the holidays in any airport, it wouldn’t be O’Hare

Kini on November 20, 2007 at 11:18 AM

My mother-in-law is arriving soon. I would prefer the airport.

JiangxiDad on November 20, 2007 at 10:28 AM

Lockport has the perfect gift for you.

- The Cat

MirCat on November 20, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Having surgery on my right ankle and Achilles tendon first week of Dec… I have to spend between now and then not stressing the ankle. So, I’m house bound this Thanksgiving…. whooo hoo… heh .. pain is better than in laws…..I knew being a Marine would be beneficial years later……lol

MNDavenotPC on November 20, 2007 at 11:26 AM

I love that blue screen

j_ehman on November 20, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Tough commute from the bedroom to the kitchen. We never travel during holidays. It’s nuts to do so and defeats the real purpose of the holidays. We all enjoy the food, enjoy each other, snuggle up and watch movies.

Mommynator on November 20, 2007 at 1:01 PM

thuja on November 20, 2007 at 8:48 AM

Hate to admit, but this is what I think of when I think of airports any time, esp. around the holidays. Sorry, I hope everyone who’s traveling is safe. God Bless.

4shoes on November 20, 2007 at 2:39 PM

I have a grueling 25 minute drive ahead of me on Thanksgiving day…25 whole minutes of horrible horribleness. I’m going to my sisters house. She is incredibly selfish and won’t allow me to bring any food or do anything to help.

I have to sit there and gorge myself on perfectly cooked food made by the women who has cooked professionally for 30 years, dang show off…then the freak show won’t let me help clean up at all. I’m forced to sit on the couch and watch football or a movie. If that wasn’t bad enough, she makes me take loads of food home with me. That witch. I hate the whole idea.

GoodBoy on November 20, 2007 at 3:23 PM

My in-laws live 17 houses down the street. We’re driving 8 hours to Chicago instead. Whew!

robblefarian on November 20, 2007 at 5:32 PM