Video: The latest sedition in Olympia Updated: Add child abuse to the charges

posted at 9:15 am on November 16, 2007 by Bryan

Found via William Amos. Yesterday they stopped Strykers by putting themselves in the way but police fired pepper balls and arrested several. Last night, protesters dragged dumpsters into the roads in an attempt to stop Strykers from reaching Ft. Lewis from the Port of Olympia. It didn’t work; Strykers can plow through just about anything. The “peace” protesters also hurled rocks at the police and earned some pepper spray doses for that. 43 were arrested, but they’re planning on continuing the protests.

The sedition charges that they deserve would stop further protests and would prevent them from spreading to other port cities. Click to head over to KOMO-TV’s site to see the video.

seditionist.jpg

Update: Child abuse charges should be added for one fruitbat.

After the military convoy was forced to retreat, a victory celebration ensued, with chanting dancing, etc. I was horrified to watch as the woman in the attached photograph, distracted by events, allowed her infant to fall from her lap and land, face first on the pavement. The second photo shows her retrieving the crying baby as her other two children, dressed as terrorists look on.

Michelle has photos of the child, as well as photos of other protesters using their children as human shields. We’re looking at small scale anarchy up on Olympia.

Update: Kossacks debate the “direct action” in Olympia.

Comments

These freaks are pouring CONCRETE on the railroad tracks to stop the trains taking our tanks in for maintenance. That is NOT peaceful protest, that is sabatoge, aiding and abetting our enemy, they should be tried for TREASON!

Tony737 on November 16, 2007 at 9:19 AM

Tony737 on November 16, 2007 at 9:19 AM

Agree

Wade on November 16, 2007 at 9:22 AM

I blame the government for this one. We will always have crazy people in this country, its a government too cowardly to call out traitors thats a relatively new things though.

Thanks baby boomers…

DwnSouthJukin on November 16, 2007 at 9:26 AM

I love that police officers name, Tor Bjonstad. He sounds like someone who could go Viking on those protesters.

LakeRuins on November 16, 2007 at 9:36 AM

Thanks baby boomers…

DwnSouthJukin on November 16, 2007 at 9:26 AM

Yup, cowards in government. Violent protestors should be managed violently and harshly.

Peaceful protestors can be managed peacefully, but we need to know the difference and deal with it.

Jaibones on November 16, 2007 at 9:38 AM

The video of the strikers flying through the trash is pretty funny.

Jaibones on November 16, 2007 at 9:38 AM

Tony737 on November 16, 2007 at 9:19 AM

Agreed

bnelson44 on November 16, 2007 at 9:39 AM

Unfortunately, no one gets tried for treason anymore. If they government is not going to charge Lynne Stewart for treason, I think these traitors have little to fear.

kcluva on November 16, 2007 at 9:39 AM

I love how traitor chick accused the police of escalating to violence with the use of O.C. The one thing I’ve been wondering ever since MM posted the photos is, where is child protective services? These anti-American fascists are clearly putting their children in danger (and dropping them on their heads).

Final thought, Tase them bro! Tase them all.

srhoades on November 16, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Thanks baby boomers…

DwnSouthJukin on November 16, 2007 at 9:26 AM

Amen. The most self-centered and entitled generation started all of this cowardly BS. They didn’t oppose the Viet Nam war ~ they were just a bunch of spoiled, cowardly kids who didn’t want to do anything for their country. And even if those ones were in the minority, they were such a generation of followers that they made it “cool” to be an a-hole. They didn’t bother to pay back their student loans so the rules of borrowing got very tough for people my age who needed loans for college. They won’t acknowledge that there’s anything wrong with Social Security so that – again – people our age can provide for their fiscal irresponsibility while their party rages on. They worship the Beatles ~ who are a nice little band in their day ~ but JEEZ! There’s been great music since the Beatles! In fact Brian Wilson was better than the Beatles. Pet Sounds kicks Sgt. Peppers a$$ ~ but tell a baby boomer that and it’s blasphemy. I’m sick of us paying for their party. I’m sick of them writing checks that WE have to cash.

foxforce91 on November 16, 2007 at 9:54 AM

Tony737 on November 16, 2007 at 9:19 AM

I agree with that.

Thanks baby boomers…

I resent that. That’s a pretty broad brush you’ve got there my friend.

fogw on November 16, 2007 at 9:54 AM

These people are not seditious they are so mentally sedated that they can not tell what they are demonstrating against.

All of their talk is to stop the war and the equipment from continuing the fight as they stone and barricade the troops who are returning. They don’t want their friends and family to go to Iraq put they also do not want their friends and family to come back.

Further, these people are so imbalanced that their parents called me a baby killer when I returned from Vietnam. Now they are offering their first born as sacrificial lambs to avoid being victimized by returning G.I.s who are now so blood thirsty that they will rape, plunder and pillage their own country.

These people do not need to be arrested they need mental health assistance, rehab, and detox.

MSGTAS on November 16, 2007 at 9:55 AM

Pepper bullets? How ’bout pepper bullets + freezer?

“The sedition charges that they deserve would stop further protests and would prevent them from spreading to other port cities.”

In all seriousness, get ready for it across the country.

Let’s force the Candidates of both parties to address this.

– The Cat

P.S. It looks as only the local police are involved so far. Any word on whether the State police or Feds are involved in quelling these attacks?

MirCat on November 16, 2007 at 10:01 AM

I would spray all thier butts with a fire hose. Wet and soggy is all they are and they are deranged to boot. Wash them off the roads and they will ,maybe, get the idea.

bones47 on November 16, 2007 at 10:01 AM

It’s sedition, pure & simply. These people are NUTS. They are the progeny of baby boomers – but certainly not all of them. The apples certainly didn’t fall far from the trees where these idiots are concerned.

In a cave somewhere in the Middle East, Usama is smiling.

Corky on November 16, 2007 at 10:02 AM

bones47 on November 16, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Probably would help with the smell too.

Voice of Reason on November 16, 2007 at 10:08 AM

Thanks baby boomers…

I resent that. That’s a pretty broad brush you’ve got there my friend.

Thank you. I agree. I’m a boomer who never took drugs or fell in with that movement. Please quit the stereotyping.

Who else is a boomer? Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, President Bush. I could go on.

Kimmer on November 16, 2007 at 10:14 AM

Tony737 on November 16, 2007 at 9:19 AM

I agree!!

Thanks baby boomers

Not all of us were @sshat hippies!!

CloneTrooper on November 16, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Where are the rational protesters denouncing this stuff? Isn’t tacit approval, approval just the same?

csdeven on November 16, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Could that area be made a restricted corridor?

Husband says: Bring in the water cannons!

Kimmer on November 16, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Interesting watching the videos, the older, hippie looking guy with the beard, long hair was the one who said he thought these protesters should take off their masks and let people see who they are, while the (in my opinion) more clean cut, conservative looking kid said he agreed with the sentiment of the protesters. Ya just can never tell sometimes. I hope this doesn’t start spreading to other port cities, but truth be told, it wouldn’t surprise me, I also am waiting for these people to start using more serious terrorist tactics and try bombing something, they really are deranged.

4shoes on November 16, 2007 at 10:23 AM

This is where we line up all of the candidates and ask them point blank…do you support these creeps with the method they are using, or do you arrest them for what they are hooligans…watch Obama and Hillary squirm.

right2bright on November 16, 2007 at 10:23 AM

I think we’re running short on Soylent Green…send in the trucks.

James on November 16, 2007 at 10:27 AM

I resent that. That’s a pretty broad brush you’ve got there my friend.

fogw on November 16, 2007 at 9:54 AM

Well put yourselves in our shoes, (Gen X or Y – I hate those terms) for a second. We have to clean up all of the mess left by the Boomers. Yes, they’ve done some good things with modern technology, but they were so massively irresponsible and resentful of their WWII parents – who btw WERE the GREATEST generation who sacrificed and didn’t whine or besmerch their country just because they had to go to war – that to us they look like spoiled ungrateful babies. Those of us beneath that generation have to constantly endure the “60’s were so great!” specials on TV and in movies and their smarmy self-aggrandisement and collective arrogance makes me ill. Instead of being grateful that they all got to go to college, (mostly to escape any service to their country) they just guzzled the Marxist Kool Aid that their Communist professors force fed them. This is why we have the l’il tards that do this crap in Olympia. It was their Marxist baby boomer professors who gave them school credit for stunts like that, who revel in their “groovy” past, their baby boomer role models who encourage them to be little Modernist sheep. The one thing Obama said that I agree with is that he said the 60’s generation has been fighting the same fights since the 60’s ~ how can they unite the nation? This does not apply to the African Americans of the 60’s – they actually DID do something vitally important and meaningful.

foxforce91 on November 16, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Anyone else think the woman in the video, Kim Chaplin, is dressed more appropriately for the People’s Republic of China or North Korea, than a US citizen?

Is that what they think they are, living under a totalitarian military dictatorship?

They should try going to North Korea for a month and see how the real thing feels. Might lose some weight, too.

Neo on November 16, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Not all of us were @sshat hippies!!

CloneTrooper on November 16, 2007 at 10:17 AM

I know and I really respect the people who went to war and had to put up with the absolute ignorance by the minority of your generation. But you should have fought harder for your culture, as theirs won out as the lasting impression. And it’s just because of the size of the population – nothing more. The 60’s generation isn’t more interesting, they’re just LOUDER.

foxforce91 on November 16, 2007 at 10:36 AM

She’s just ugly and has no fashion sense. That’s why she wound up with the group she’s with. No one in high school ever paid attention to her so she goes to these protests and all of the sudden she’s a TV star.

foxforce91 on November 16, 2007 at 10:39 AM

These seditious criminals are obstructing our military, sabotaging our infrastructure, and endangering us all.

Why are the authorities using rubber bullets?

landlines on November 16, 2007 at 10:39 AM

foxforce91 on November 16, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Do you realize how silly you sound and how full of sh1t you are? Do you think every baby boomer was a lazy, unproductive, unbathed hippie-dippie protester?

Some of us were out there screaming back at these worthless draft-dodging whiners. Many of us have led very productive lives, served our country honorably and raised our children to become responsible adults.

Grow up my child. You need to differentiate the baby boomers who care about this country from the baby boomers who hate our country.

fogw on November 16, 2007 at 10:42 AM

fogw on November 16, 2007 at 10:42 AM

I’m asking you to see it from my perspective. I know not everyone was a hippie, but that is the impression one is given from all of the images that are perpetuated and that’s all most people have to go on. I wasn’t there. I have a TON of respect for people like you who weren’t like that. But can’t you understand why I might be a little angry with the Boomers? My taxes are going to be raised to a ridiculous amount, I may have to work until I’m 70 or 75 because no one – NO ONE – but the minority of people – that is folks who AREN’t Baby boomers – gives a crap about the Social Security crisis. It’s not a big issue to them. Meanwhile my husband and I (I am not a child) have to scrape together every dime to make sure that we can retire someday. Sorry I went off topic but you all need to see things from our perspective. Again ~ Thank you for being a decent human being. I have the utmost respect for people like you who had to put up with dimwits like the hippies and these Olympia people particularly given the culture at the time.

foxforce91 on November 16, 2007 at 10:51 AM

foxforce91 on November 16, 2007 at 10:29 AM

I see you’re taking some heat for your comments. I’m a conservative baby-boomer, raised on unadulterated liberalism. I had to un-learn everything. I think your comments are essentially “right on.” I wasn’t offended. Most baby -boomers drank liberalism like mother’s milk. That doesn’t disparage everybody, just a lot of people.

btw, good for you. It can’t be easy being a conservative on today’s college campuses.

JiangxiDad on November 16, 2007 at 10:52 AM

First, one of my long standing rules of life. Never trust chicks who wear berets.

Second, how many of our tax dollars are going to Evergreen State? Cut it off. Now. I’ve had it with these anarchy inciting leftists that pose as professors.

pistolero on November 16, 2007 at 10:54 AM

I think that Kim Chaplin person is a man, actually. I’m not kidding or saying this to insult him, I just honestly think that’s a man. Actually, Kim can be used as a male name, no?

dave_lantos on November 16, 2007 at 10:55 AM

I fall into the bottom of the “baby-boomers” being born in 1964. I have absolutely nothing in common with the Clintons or the anti-war protestors. Heck, these people on the cusp were graduating from high school the year I was born. One of my cousins once admonished me when I was a young 18 y/o that not everyone shirked their duties and dropped out and smoked pot, and spat on the military (although a couple of my cousins did and the family hasn’t been the same since) and that the only ones (in his opinion) who ever get any publicity is the smelly hippies, the dopers, etc while the rest go on about their day, go to work, raise their families and go to church.
It must be next to impossible to be a conservative on a college campus today.
BTW Foxforce when I started working at age 15 I knew then that Social Security wouldn’t be there for me. I’ve also been working ever since and saving so we can retire one day as well.

Catie96706 on November 16, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Ok, I just noticed that the journalist says “she”. Anyway, I still suspect it’s a man.

dave_lantos on November 16, 2007 at 10:58 AM

foxforce91 on November 16, 2007 at 10:29 AM

I’m a tail end BB, and I have to tell you it’s refreshing to hear you “get it”. The BB generation, on the whole are decent folks. It’s the ones in politics and universities that have wrecked this country for you. It was left to them by their parents and the ENTIRE state of affairs (good and bad) rest solely on their shoulders. That includes mine. The only thing I can say in my defense is that I have been fighting the good fight since I was able to vote. The problem we have is that they elected The Clenis and set back the entire country back by a decade. And Bush hasn’t done much to help, except for his appointments to the SCOTUS. Those appointments wont be felt for a few years. He has spent most of his presidency fixing what Klinton screwed up.

I pray for you. My kids were all born in the 80’s and I have made sure they were exposed to their responsibility to their national community. Two are very involved (US Military) and the other two are less so. I wish we could have left the country in better shape for you and I am ashamed that your generation has to go to war to fix what The Clenis created with his slash and burn policies towards our military and intel communities. Forgive us.

csdeven on November 16, 2007 at 11:04 AM

This type of violence is not protest. This is street fighting against the military and enforcers of the law. These people should all be arrested for breaking the law on several counts, and held accountable for their crimes. This is not a contest, this is sedition captured on tape. These folks have forfeited their freedom to show up the next day anywhere, until their trial comes up.

This type of thing just weakens the rights of the rest of us.

Hening on November 16, 2007 at 11:10 AM

But can’t you understand why I might be a little angry with the Boomers?

No I can’t, because you assume we baby boomers didn’t experience in our lives what you are experiencing now.

Life’s unfair. Life’s a struggle. Complaining about it doesn’t get you anywhere. Making it in this world takes perseverance, hard-work, self-motivation, ambition and a determination to succeed in spite of whatever obstacles are thrown your way.

I paid a boatload of taxes in my lifetime and have gotten little in return from my government. I’ve paid into social security for over 40 years now, and as a sole-proprietor of my own business I paid the max most of those years. I knew a long time ago I would never get back what I put into it, so I opened my own retirement account as a preventative measure, a safety net to combat what I saw as a system destined for failure. I didn’t realize that last week, I saw it coming decades ago. FYI, we, the baby boomers didn’t create the problem. FDR did, long before we ever even heard of the term baby boomer.

So, you’re not alone in your discontent, your struggle to get by in an unfair world. It’s nothing new tied to one generation or another, it happens to all of us.

Even the baby boomers.

fogw on November 16, 2007 at 11:25 AM

sedition
n. the federal crime of advocacy of insurrection against the government or support for an enemy of the nation during time of war, by speeches, publications and organization. Sedition usually involves actually conspiring to disrupt the legal operation of the government and is beyond expression of an opinion or protesting government policy. Sedition is a lesser crime than “treason,” which requires actual betrayal of the government, or “espionage.” Espionage involves spying on the government, trading state secrets (particularly military) to another country (even a friendly nation), or sabotaging governmental facilities, equipment or suppliers of the government, like an aircraft factory. During U.S. participation in World War II (1941-1945) several leaders of the German-American Bund, a pro-Nazi organization, were tried and convicted of sedition for actively interfering with the war effort.

davenp35 on November 16, 2007 at 11:27 AM

My God, those poor children, being used that way, put in that position, they have no clue what their mom is doing or why. What a thing to do to your kids.

4shoes on November 16, 2007 at 11:29 AM

If they do get the nerve to charge em with sedition, please don’t let them out on bail. We have enough leftoid freaks in Canada and the border is way too close for them not to be tempted!

Jim708 on November 16, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Shoot them. They’re impeding military movements in time of war.

MadisonConservative on November 16, 2007 at 11:47 AM

The adults, by the way, not the kids.

MadisonConservative on November 16, 2007 at 11:47 AM

I predict the next Port Olympia scenario will take place in Oakland and Alameda. You watch.

mram on November 16, 2007 at 11:56 AM

The adults, by the way, not the kids.

MadisonConservative on November 16, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Sadly if police start shooting, then these bitches will take cover behind their kids, so it would not work out well.

mram on November 16, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Only the city of Olympia was involved in the policing of these “protests” (I prefer riots). The city officials, one of which was an organizer of the riots have made it plain, by their actions that their sentiments are with the rioters.

As for the baby-boom discussion. I, and two of my brothers, served and remain patriotic, conservative Americans. Blame those that have continued to vote for the Socialist “blue” party that held power for over 40 years.

MCPO Airdale on November 16, 2007 at 12:05 PM

Onmy site is even more video. I found a lot of videos of the protests

William Amos on November 16, 2007 at 12:12 PM

mram on November 16, 2007 at 11:56 AM

That would be the case if we still had a strong military presence there. We pulled our troops out of the Peoples Republic of Nothern California back in the 90’s with all the post Cold War budget cuts.

GREENTURTLE on November 16, 2007 at 12:37 PM

Did I hear it right they are already planning their next move for today from jail um that my friends makes it a conspiracy to commute a criminal act?

Conspiracy. A combination or confederacy between two or more persons formed for the purpose of committing, by their joint efforts, some unlawful or criminal act, or some act which is lawful in itself, but becomes unlawful when done by the concerted action of the conspirators, or for the purpose of using criminal or unlawful means to the commission of an act not in itself unlawful.

A person is guilty of conspiracy with another person or persons to commit a crime if with the purpose of promoting or facilitating its commission he: (a) agrees with such other person or persons that they or one or more of them will engage in conduct which constitutes such crime or an attempt or solicitation to commit such crime; or (b) agrees to aid such other person or persons in the planning or commission of such crime or of an attempt or solicitation to commit such crime. Model Penal Code, § 5.03.

Mojack420 on November 16, 2007 at 1:03 PM

I am willing to bet the organizers of these events are older anti-war left over from the Vietnam years. They are probably miserable people as they have been fighting the government their entire adult life.

In my opinion, there will not be charges of sedition brought upon these miserable excuse for citizens because the country is not in a mood of mortal danger as it was in the 1930’s and 1940’s. Perhaps there will be such a time again in the future and sedition charges will be the least of these people’s worries when that time comes.

I don’t pin this on Baby Boomers necessarily because the Silents had a great deal of influence before Boomers came around. The Silent generation’s negative attributes as seen by other generations include indecisiveness, over-complication, and overly emotional. This is the type of behavior I am seeing today.

The Baby Boomer generation, as a group, tend to be very idealistic, because of this it is difficult for the generation to do things. Think of it like Moses, who made all these proclamations, but wasn’t able to do anything himself, he had to get Aron, one who is born of a younger generation, to get the job done. Baby Boomers, as they age, will become the moral compass for the country, with the Gen-Xer’s working unnoticed to get the country through the day. The Civics will have their role too, but as a whole, they are too young to do much collectively.

Weebork on November 16, 2007 at 1:08 PM

Some clarification,

Civics is a generational archetype, the World War II generation was a Civic generation. The new Civic generation are the Millenials, who were born between 1981-2001(?).

Weebork on November 16, 2007 at 1:12 PM

An enemy of this country during wartime, whether here or abroad, is non the less an enemy. Shoot to kill.

leanright on November 16, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Tail-end baby boomer here (1961) and what foxforce is saying isn’t stupid at all when one stops to think about how information content/flow has been radically altered in only the last fifteen-twenty years. Boomers who were teens or adults in the sixties but who weren’t raging narcissists/America-haters might have been the majority but the then monopoly-driven media entities weren’t putting microphones under the actual good guys–they were demonizing them, especially Vietnam veterans. Remember the concept of “Silent Majority?” That majority’s silence was enforced.

So if you’re one of those older boomers, try to remember that your leftist contemporary-cohorts and their older sympathizers have been presenting that unadulterated leftist cant to our children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews without hindrance or counterpoint until relatively recently. Conservative pundits/bloggers talk about this all the time.

You may have done your duty back then, older boomers, but you didn’t have the means to speak out in defense of the honor of this country. You do now, so instead of verbally beating up on some “kid”–who mostly gets it–for not understanding where you’re coming from, try to explain it to her rationally, like the older sage you’re supposed to be.

And, as the older persons in my family say, if the rock didn’t hit you, don’t yelp.

baldilocks on November 16, 2007 at 1:18 PM

KosBots are torn between the few that realize that its an illegal action from a ‘lawful protest’ versus their overwhelming hatred of everything military and Boooooosh-related.

If this was for an abortion clinic I’m sure the Kosbots would want every one of the protesters arrested and shot.

Defector01 on November 16, 2007 at 1:20 PM

The first Kos commenter says that these actions are wrong because they target the military, not the leadership. She then says that the solution is a draft – even though (she acknowledges) the military doesn’t want it – so that American civilians wouldn’t target soldiers for hate. Because, you know, that worked so well during the Vietnam War….

calbear on November 16, 2007 at 1:33 PM

William Amos on November 16, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Good find!

liquidflorian on November 16, 2007 at 2:12 PM

You’ve got to be kidding. Do you think we were incapable of expressing our grievances publicly because the internet had not yet been invented? Ever hear of a telephone, a pen and paper, a megaphone? You seem to think we were living in the stone ages, for lack of a laptop and a high-speed internet connection. The big difference for us “older boomers” was it took a hell of a lot more effort to be heard, but nonetheless we found a way.

I also found a way to speak out in the honor of the defense of this country. I did it for six years while you were still in grade school. It’s called manning up and joining the military.

Maybe you should read my last post, where I tried to explain to the “kid” that there are lots of bumps and detours in the road of life, we’ve all had them – pre-boomer, boomer and post-boomer. Her characterization of blaming an entire generation, called Boomers, for the current dismal state of affairs in our country was flat out wrong. We were the creative generation that introduced the personal computer to the world, the one that has evolved into the incredible tool that gives you the means to communicate at light speed today.

My friend, you have no idea how many rocks hit me along the way. But none of them stopped me from achieving my goals. I tried to drive that point home to foxforce91. We make what we get out of life. We control our destiny. Now you may disagree, but I thought that was a rational approach.

fogw on November 16, 2007 at 3:04 PM

Baby boomers ain’t got chit to do with this stuff. It’s the boomer’s children that fits the description and mold. Luckily for us the bommer’s children’s children are back to the hero mode… for example our warriors in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Griz on November 16, 2007 at 3:19 PM

Using Baby Boomers as a generalization was wrong and I’m sure foxforce91 understands that now.
Why are they not being sought by the government and arrested for sedition, then child endangerment. Those parents are the result of “liberal” BB’s, we are a product of our environment.
Last but not least…”life is not fair…get use to it”

oldernslower on November 16, 2007 at 4:06 PM

In the 60’s the protesters used to scream “Chicks up front” to avoid the police batons. Now thet have kids up front.
Swine.

RobCon on November 16, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Thrown ’em all in the G-D slammer and leaven them there to rot.

D2Boston on November 16, 2007 at 5:48 PM

You will note that there is no mention in the local news report about our counter-demonstration there at the port.

Opposition to moonbats is not newsworthy, I guess.

Kristopher on November 16, 2007 at 6:40 PM

“Gone from peaceful protest to violent mob”…Moonbat Coddler in Chief, Tor Bjornstad.

Uh, duh. It was your lack of action early on that allowed it to escalate into a violent mob chiefy.

Your catch-and-release ensured it.

I wonder what the business owners whose property has been damaged think about paying your salary now chiefy.

91Veteran on November 16, 2007 at 10:48 PM