Videos: Hillary denies, then plays the gender card and Edwards gets booed

posted at 11:06 pm on November 15, 2007 by Bryan

Hillary Clinton answered the licenses for illegals question definitively tonight, removing it as a problem. She also answered the question concerning whether human rights or national security is more important (Richardson and Obama both whiffed badly on that one, as they did on the licenses question). But she’s still an equivocator. In this clip, which I’ve shamelessly swiped from Ian Schwartz and Stop the ACLU, she is asked whether she’s playing the gender card. She says no, but then goes on to lay that card right in the middle of the table like an Ace.

A little later on, Wolf Blitzer asks the other candidates if Clinton is playing the gender card. John Edwards takes it up and walks it right into a chorus of boos.

Comments

I’m glad someone else caught that too. She tried to drag Campbell in with that “come on Campbell, you KNOW what we gals are up against. Glass ceiling and all” look that she gave her.

csdeven on November 15, 2007 at 11:17 PM

Hillary’s answer was that she won’t play the gender card as long as she is in the lead, because she’s the only girl running.

pedestrian on November 15, 2007 at 11:27 PM

From the comments at Riehl World View:

Did you catch the Vegas working woman who somehow got lost in the question re: baby boomers? They cut away and you could hear the chick literally whispering the lines to her. Oh Lord, please let someone post the whole thing on youtube, wizbang, google vid, somewhere.

bnelson44 on November 15, 2007 at 11:30 PM

bnelson44 on November 15, 2007 at 11:30 PM

I have it on DVR so I’m sure someone else out there who is video savvy will post it.

csdeven on November 15, 2007 at 11:35 PM

You, ma’am, are no Margaret Thatcher.

reaganaut on November 15, 2007 at 11:35 PM

I stopped watching after I heard the “marine” complaining that he might end up being sent into Iraq. Using a cry-baby marine and his mommy for the first citizen question told anyone who was watching where CNN stood on the issues and how they planned to frame the debates.

If the woman who addressed Hillary in the last debate was a plant, then I’d have to call Wolf Blitzer a friggin botanical garden.

A word of advice to the cut and run marine. Dude, you signed up to be a marine, were trained to fight like one and swore to defend your country when called upon. If you’re going to stand there and act like a whiny scaredy cat ….. you’re no marine. Thanks for your service, but if you’re not willing to step it up when you’re called to duty again, hang it up slacker and join the Salvation Army.

Did I miss anything of substance after that?

fogw on November 15, 2007 at 11:46 PM

sent into Iran … sorry.

fogw on November 15, 2007 at 11:47 PM

Wow, that was shameless. Only in front of an audience of Democrats could you get away with essentially saying “I know it’s not ’cause I’m a woman… but look at little ol’ me!” Shouldn’t be surprising, considering the far left supports Edwards, who was the ONE Dem candidate in the 2004 field who said Bush didn’t lie about WMDs and said he’d have acted exactly the same way at the UN and gone to war in Iraq the same way as well. Democrats are shameless POSs, and clearly it goes beyond just the elected officials. I usually give the Democrat “people” somewhat of a pass, but if they’re going to be involved, it’s their duty to be knowledgeable, but I would bet money that most Edwards supporters don’t have a clue about his Iraq war position in 2004. Again, POSs.

As for Edwards in the clip above “You lookin’ at me?”, yes, we all were, miss, wondering why it’s not you playing the gender card. Yer purty.

RightWinged on November 15, 2007 at 11:51 PM

fogw on November 15, 2007 at 11:47 PM

It was an honest mistake considering that every candidate on the stage did the same thing. Biden even said that President Bush should be impeached if he decides to go to war in Iraq.

Bryan, If you have a longer clip of Hillary’s answer she really laid on the gender card after this clip cuts off. She went as far as to say women in their 90’s, that at one time couldn’t vote, were lining up to tell her they wanted to see the first woman President before they died.

RW_theoriginal on November 15, 2007 at 11:54 PM

“Not because I’m a woman…but because I’m a head” – that’s how she said it. She is an automaton, a robot. There’s no soul there.

If she’s comfortable in the kitchen, then I’m Ms. World.

Edwards didn’t say anything booo-worthey in the clip. I didn’t watch the debate – why did they booo?

Entelechy on November 16, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Entelechy on November 16, 2007 at 12:03 AM

It really seemed like the Clinton camp managed to stack the audience like Ron Paul supporters on an internet poll.

RW_theoriginal on November 16, 2007 at 12:06 AM

Entelechy on November 16, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Because he didn’t really say anything relevant beyond some platitudes and then embarked on some totally random Hillary bashing.

pedestrian on November 16, 2007 at 12:12 AM

OK, I just saw this Edwards booing episode on the replay. He got booed when he said the word lobbyist, so it could be that Hillary supporters were upset that he tied them to her or it could be mind numbed myrmidons that are trained to boo certain words anytime a Democrat utters them.

RW_theoriginal on November 16, 2007 at 12:17 AM

What Edwards should have said was, “People shouldn’t criticize Hillary for her gender, because seriously, no one wants to listen to that robotic cackle for the next eight years.”

pedestrian on November 16, 2007 at 12:18 AM

“Lobbyists”?

Booooooo!

Meaning:

A) -You use them too, so it’s hypocrisy to mention Hillary’s use of lobbyists?

B) -Lobbyists are evil?

C) -You said it wasn’t “personal”, now it looks like you’re getting personal?

Huh?

profitsbeard on November 16, 2007 at 12:25 AM

Could care less about any of them, but do have to ask….Did Billary plant the audience?

Captain America on November 16, 2007 at 12:39 AM

Say what you will about her, but Hillary is charming, drop dead gorgeous, oozing with feminine mystique, 10+ sexy, and just plain HOT! God, what a W-O-M-A-N!!! How many men weren’t just droooooooling watching the little Hillfox do her tantalizing magic?

Halley on November 16, 2007 at 1:22 AM

Halley, call 911 ’cause your fever is running too high…

Entelechy on November 16, 2007 at 1:25 AM

Halley, How can I thank you for the projectile vomiting? It hit my little dog and blew her halfway across the room. Now she is traumatized too. Not to mention my poor carpeting…

Now I gotta call my Therapist AND a Dog Whisperer.

paragon27x on November 16, 2007 at 2:12 AM

and the truth shall set you free

and just so silky dose not feel left out

Mojack420 on November 16, 2007 at 3:36 AM

That picture should be called “Ghoullary.” Seriously, I do not want to wake up every day for 4 years (or less, depending on hos quickly she dismantles the Republic) knowing THAT is my President.

“Welcome to America. We’re run by an evil, soulless cadaver. Enjoy your stay.”

BKennedy on November 16, 2007 at 4:23 AM

Hillary Duff is indeed hot.

Wait, what

Ugly on November 16, 2007 at 5:29 AM

The leftist media is now attempting to reconstruct her after the latest debate. I don’t think they realized what they had done to their queen.

rplat on November 16, 2007 at 6:43 AM

the harridan is all washed up. In fact the demwit party is pretty much over.

dogsoldier on November 16, 2007 at 6:50 AM

I’m pretty sure we can tell that marine he’s not going to Iran. Is there anyone who thinks that if we attack them its going to be with a sizeable amount of ground forces? Every scenario I’ve ever read about is basically a bombing campaign from the air.

Dudley Smith on November 16, 2007 at 6:53 AM

Say what you will about her, but Hillary is charming, drop dead gorgeous, oozing with feminine mystique, 10+ sexy, and just plain HOT! God, what a W-O-M-A-N!!! (etc.)
Halley on at 1:22 AM November 16, 2007

Not only that, but Hillary is so-o-o Strong. There’s never been a Stronger woman. You can have your Cleopatras and your St. Joans and your Queen Elizabeths and your Baroness Thatchers. But, none of them can match Hillary for Strongy Strengthuousness. In fact, the Strongitudlinousness of Hillary’s Strongicidtude out-Strongs any Strongiciousness exhibited by any sub-Strengthy women who ever came before Hillary defined womanly Strength. It’s beyond Super Extra Strongly Strong Strongicious Strongitudlinousness all the way to Macro Mega Hyper Extra Super Strongly Strong Strongicious Strongitudlinousness.

And Smart? Whoa. She’s not just Smart, she’s Smartific. Everyone who’s ever encountered Hillary’s Smartitude knows immediately that this woman is not just Smarter, she’s Smarterer than any Smartified woman or Smarty Smartpants man in the history of Smarteressness.

Rico on November 16, 2007 at 7:01 AM

Is she getting uglier or what? Did they try to fix up her face and really mess up because something seems to be going on. I don’t think the US citizen is as shallow as liberals do, I don’t think they will hold being ugly against anyone. Pair unattractiveness up with that cold, joyless look in her eye however, and I think an aweful lot of people will get goose bumps and say no way. There is something seriously not human (or humane?) about that woman.

peacenprosperity on November 16, 2007 at 7:37 AM

Where did they get the audience? All that was missing were shouts of “You go girl!!!!”

Hening on November 16, 2007 at 7:45 AM

Hening on November 16, 2007 at 7:45 AM

You sayin’ that Edwards people stacked the deck?

highhopes on November 16, 2007 at 7:55 AM

Her. Lines. Are. So. Scripted.

matd on November 16, 2007 at 8:26 AM

profitsbeard.

It’s D) Planted Hillary supporters booing anything negative about Hillary being said.

Rightwingsparkle on November 16, 2007 at 8:33 AM

Candidate Shrillary doesn’t wear well over time, maybe even worse than the Haughty John Kerry. The more you see, the more you dislike.

petefrt on November 16, 2007 at 8:46 AM

Wolf, was a puppy…he coward before the Clinton machine. BTW, just as I predicted.
A useless debate, when the moderator is intimidated and afraid of the debater(s).

right2bright on November 16, 2007 at 8:55 AM

I really got the sense that she’s incompetent. With all her reminding us of how she can hit the ground running, except for every single debate thus far, she is telling us that she knows she is incompetent and needs to remind us how strong and ready she is.

What a bad joke. What has she ever done in her entire life?

When you read about Margaret Thatcher’s life, you’re impressed with her independence and strength.

Hillary is evidently good at yelling at people ad bossing around effeminate men and moronic women.

Just not impressive at all. No thinking Republican would vote for a shallow puddle like her.

I guess it fits that was on CNN, it’s all a Broadway show to them, all acting and PR.

I am disappointed in the lack of anything substantive those people give us. Buying votes has never been shown clearer.

benrand on November 16, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Of course she’s incompetent. Why else would she be so dependent on advice from around her instead of her own instincts. Trouble is, if she actually gets to be president it might embolden her to act on het own incompetency to the detriment of us all.

jeanie on November 16, 2007 at 9:50 AM

If anybody’d like to vent their Hillary rage, this game is kinda fun. Politics as a video game:

Professor Blather on November 16, 2007 at 10:38 AM

I really got the sense that she’s incompetent.

benrand on November 16, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Agreed. And she pales next to Thatcher.

I’d really like to see a woman President, and I realize the Democrats do have to win once in a while. I just really, really, really don’t want to see this incompetent criminal go down in history as our first female President.

There are so many better choices.

Professor Blather on November 16, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Who were the people who where booing…were they actual citizens or were the plant. I think it should be investigated.

tomas on November 16, 2007 at 10:55 AM

There are so many better choices.

Professor Blather on November 16, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Yes! I couldn’t agree more, that the first woman president could be her makes me want to cry at the thought. It would be a travesty.

4shoes on November 16, 2007 at 11:12 AM

My, his hair is looking pretty today. Silky’s is not too bad either.

wytammic on November 16, 2007 at 11:24 AM

Entelechy on November 16, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Do you recall Hillary’s remark during the first few months of her husbands first term, when she made a disparaging remark about housewives who bake cookies all day long? This duplicitous cow hasn’t changed a bit.

“I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession, which I entered before my husband was in public life.”

csdeven on November 16, 2007 at 11:37 AM

tomas on November 16, 2007 at 10:55 AM

I think plants. But only in the same sense as the Paulbots. They tried to be louder to give the appearance that there were more of them than there actually were. And it seems the media, even Fox, has fallen for it.

csdeven on November 16, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Has there ever been a woman with more steamy, sweaty, animal sensuality? Have Megan Fox or Tara Conner dared show themselves in Hillary’s presence? I think not! What could possibly arouse the nation more than that seductive, come-hither cackle? “Commander in chief” will have a whole new meaning once this spicy vixen takes control…

Halley on November 16, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Wolf Blitzer attempting to do battle with Hillary Clinton is like Richard Simmons attempting to wrestle Hulk Hogan. Hillary swatted Wolf away as if he were a mosquito. Wolf had no control over the debate. He should have asked Hillary simple questions like :”Do you think your husband used good judgment in issuing the hundreds of pardons on his last day in office?”. “Would you promise not to issue pardons to people who are currently under a federal indictment like Mark Rich?”. “Are pardons appropriate for people who have skipped bail and now live in a country without extradition treaties with the US?”. “Were you justified in kissing Suha Arafat after she said that Israel was murdering Palestinian children through secret gasses and poisons?”. Wolf threw her softballs as if he was Richard Simmons conducting an exercise class.

Larraby on November 16, 2007 at 12:29 PM

“Not because I’m a woman…but because I’m a head”

But she didn’t inhale

Ann on November 16, 2007 at 3:41 PM

It is now known that audience questions at this “debate” had to be submitted to CNN several days before the event. I wonder if Obama and Edwards or any of the other candidates knew about this. If they didn’t they should express their contempt for CNN stacking the questions and declare that they will not participate in another CNN debate. If they went along, then they are applying for the VP spot.

redjeep on November 17, 2007 at 10:25 AM

Oh, man, is the first woman president of the United States, Jimmy Carter notwithstanding, really going to be some creepy, bitter, opportunistic leftwing authoritarian? Are we really going to do that?

Kensington on November 18, 2007 at 2:10 PM