Video: Behar, after calling Michelle a “bitch,” objects to the McCain “bitch” video

posted at 7:36 pm on November 15, 2007 by Allahpundit

I present to you the ultimate nuance. And proof, perhaps, of a divine creator: I prayed the other day that this moronic incident would trickle up to “The View” and so it has, my friends, so it has.

Here’s the clip from Bill Maher’s show of Behar expressing her unique brand of female solidarity with MM. It’s not wholly clear from the 100 seconds that follow what her objection is to McCain: at an earlier point in the show she excused the View-ettes’ friendly use of “bitch” by saying, “It’s different when a man uses it” — or, in McCain’s case, endorses it by not objecting loudly enough when it’s used in his presence. Which I guess means Maher, not Joy, is the guilty party in the “Real Time” clip. But watch what she says to Sherri Shepherd about the word being a “personal assault” when it’s used by one “adversary” against another. Where does that leave you vis-a-vis MM, Joyless?

Comments

What a POS… does she have a public email address?

RightWinged on November 15, 2007 at 7:40 PM

“When you’re friendly with someone you can say it”.

Wow. I never realized Joy Behar and MM were best buds 4 ever!

see-dubya on November 15, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Where does that leave you vis-a-vis MM, Joyless?

It leaves her with foot firmly in-mouth. And I have a feeling she’ll be pretending to enjoy the nosh.

gryphon202 on November 15, 2007 at 7:41 PM

I think I need an astrolabe to try to chart that logic.

Yikes!

Tennman on November 15, 2007 at 7:41 PM

I’m sure I’ll regret saying this very soon, but Whoopi seems to be doing a good job, at least in the clips I’ve seen here…

Who is the Designated Blonde today?

see-dubya on November 15, 2007 at 7:42 PM

You see there is a God.

boomer on November 15, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Joy is a train wreck every time she opens her mouth.

GoodBoy on November 15, 2007 at 7:49 PM

By her own logic, Joy owes Michelle an apology. Or, more likely, Joy is fine with having a problem with Michelle.

Ordinary1 on November 15, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Did you know that she spent part of her childhood in East Germany? I don’t know why but that is fascinating to me.

Zach on November 15, 2007 at 7:58 PM

So, it’s Ok for one woman to call another woman a “bitch”? Being a gentleman, I shall exercise all decorum regarding this matter. But, hey Joy, my wife thinks you are a bitch, being she is a woman and all.

FishFearMe on November 15, 2007 at 7:59 PM

Joy owes Michelle an apology.

Yes, she certainly does. And you can add that spitting idiot Geraldo and Bill O too.

Zorro on November 15, 2007 at 8:00 PM

typical liberal hypocrisy

ctmom on November 15, 2007 at 8:01 PM

This isn’t meant to be funny, but Joy is a bitch…she is a texbook version of one…just a very rude and ignorant woman.

Pam on November 15, 2007 at 8:03 PM

In the words of a great educator…

“Fat, talentless and stupid is no way to go through life Joy.”
-Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College

SPIFF1669 on November 15, 2007 at 8:04 PM

MM is a Babe In Total Control of Herself.

Tru2my2 on November 15, 2007 at 8:10 PM

Couldn’t find any contact info for Joyless, but I passed along a message in this ABC contact form:

RightWinged on November 15, 2007 at 8:13 PM

As a very smart character once said… “stupid is as stupid does.”

Griz on November 15, 2007 at 8:13 PM

So, it’s Ok for one woman to call another woman a “bitch”?

It WAS a woman calling Hillary a ‘bi*ch’. Joy’s problem is herself. I don’t understand where she came from, and I don’t understand why she is still in the public eye. She has never once said anything with a shred of sense.

All she is is a partisan shrew. I don’t have a problem with the D people, but this is proof positive that they are dishonest with their ideologies. AP, as usual, you called her out at just the right moment with just the right anecdote.

It doesn’t seem like it was longer than last week since Joy called MM a bi***. Can you say hypocrite?

ThackerAgency on November 15, 2007 at 8:20 PM

“I think it’s when you’re friendly with a person, you can say it.”

That may depend on how long you want them to be friendly to you.

WARNING! WARNING!! WARNING!!!

Do not try this at home.

Results may be catastrophic if not done by a trained professional.

MB4 on November 15, 2007 at 8:26 PM

What a hypocritical bitch.

JayHaw Phrenzie on November 15, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Zach on November 15, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Must be what she was talking about when she told Laura Ingraham about feeling more free in her childhood.

“It’s different when a man uses it.” McCain did’t use it, clueless!

clghitis on November 15, 2007 at 8:29 PM

I have the sad misfortune of having old Joy for a sorority sister. She is a Delta Zeta as am I. However, each chapter is different and there are some who are not as attractive as the others. I happened to hail from one where most of us were a Miss something or another. I’m sure Joy’s chapter was not a chapter like that. I know I’m not very nice and I know DZ got into trouble earlier this year with the DePauw situation but honestly she’s a pig and I really have to scratch my head to wonder why she was given a spot on that show. What’s her greatness? I see none, she has no class.

Catie96706 on November 15, 2007 at 8:31 PM

What the hell kind of name is Behar? Isn’t that the sound you make when you accidentally laugh with a mouth full of beer?

Coronagold on November 15, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Liberals are sociopaths. They will never stand on principle and be consistent. They think circuitously in order to justify their own thinking and actions.

peacenprosperity on November 15, 2007 at 8:51 PM

gryphon202 on November 15, 2007 at 7:41 PM

except no one will ever call her out on it. well, besides us.

its vintage duh on November 15, 2007 at 9:01 PM

Here’s the link to the View’s website titled “Ask the View”.

I sent a question to Joy asking when she was going to apologize to MM for calling her a bi%ch.

You think I’ll get a response?

BacaDog on November 15, 2007 at 9:02 PM

gryphon202 on November 15, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Bunions and all?

thirteen28 on November 15, 2007 at 9:14 PM

Here’s the link to the View’s website titled “Ask the View”.

Thanks that was fun.

I am curious about Behar’s Orwellian rules about who can use some words and who can’t. The woman at the McCain meeting can’t use that word and John McCain cannot be in the presence of someone who uses that word but Behar can call Michelle Malkin or anyone else who intimidates her intellectually that word? Is it because Behar believes that her job on morning tv makes her an elite citizen? I would be appreciative of any response, I have an upcoming term paper on sociopaths and need some additional data.

peacenprosperity on November 15, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Behar= hypocrite= typical Leftist

Gatordoug on November 15, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Hillary is a bitch…and is that Jessica Simpson at the end of that damn table….????!!!

Oy Vie….

AprilOrit on November 15, 2007 at 9:35 PM

peacenprosperity on November 15, 2007 at 8:51 PM

Not true, I live in Manahattan and have tons of Liberal friends, stop generalizing based on your own minute frame of reference. Not all Liberals are sociopaths and not all Conservatives are unbendable Right Wing nutjobs…I pray.

That’s like saying all Jews are thieves and all Irish people are drunks….

AprilOrit on November 15, 2007 at 9:38 PM

Not true, I live in Manahattan

And I have family and friends in Manhattan, most liberal. I love every last one of them. In political discussions, however, they speak in a condescending manner and when faced with questions of which they cannot answer or no the truth to be counter and detrimental to thier positions, the discussion end and the subject is changed. That is how a conversation with a liberal who loves you goes. With a liberal who has no emotional connection to you, the conversation goes quickly down hill and the name calling, almost always one sided and sophmoric, begins. Sorry, buddy, but that is my lifetime experience. I can have liberals as friends and family but I am very careful to only have political discussions with those few (and far between) who can do so without getting persoanl.

peacenprosperity on November 15, 2007 at 9:48 PM

And by the way, I am waiting to meet (or observe, Rudy backers) a declared conservative from Manhattan whose true nature and beliefs can stand the light of day.

peacenprosperity on November 15, 2007 at 9:51 PM

Explain what you mean, I’m not quite sure I get what you mean by stand the light of day?

I am a Republican but more on the Libertarian genre, I am not a Social Conservative, don’t believe the government has any right sticking their noses in the bedroom or people’s private lives. Most Republicans in NY are probably more like me, my parents are the same, and Rudy is like us.

Rudy’s backers across the Nation are probably just like Rudy, except maybe Pat Robertson and Ralph Reed, and God knows Ralph Reed could stand some strong light on him, he’s one of Jack’s dirty dealers. Rudy is fiscaly Conservative but socially liberal.

I can’t stand Social Conservatives, they whine, they prosletyse, feel vistimized and expect the Gov’t to be nothing more than a nanny state on their behalf, if it wasn’t so ridiculous it would be tragic.

And there is nothing more tragic than a whining whoa-as-me Republican.

AprilOrit on November 15, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Well, ain’t that a… um, you know.

Jim Treacher on November 15, 2007 at 10:17 PM

AprilOrit on November 15, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Well done, you proved my point. lol

peacenprosperity on November 15, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Joy Behar is a moron and a hypocrite.

SoulGlo on November 15, 2007 at 10:23 PM

That woman is tripping all over her own bullsh1t.

AlexB on November 15, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Joy thinks that more women are going to vote out of solidarity for Hillary since she’s been called a bitch.

Yeah right. Just like women quit listening to rap music after being referred to as bitches n’ hoes.

Kimmer on November 15, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Well done, you proved my point. lol

Likewise, I’m sure. LOL

Most women do not care much for her, either one of them, period.

Joy is like the bad cartoon character of a NY woman, the voice alone is scary beyond reason.

AprilOrit on November 15, 2007 at 10:53 PM

Joy makes Cyndy Lauper’s wrestling character from the 1980s with Lou Albano tolerable.

AprilOrit on November 15, 2007 at 10:55 PM

Kimmer on November 15, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Any woman who votes for Hillary for this reason needs to get help. I personally do not believe that 80% of American women will look at Hillary and vote for her because she is a women, nor do I believe they will feel sorry for her because 1) she is married to Bill Clinton or 2) she is the only woman running in a slate of men. I personally don’t think this country is ready for a woman president, especially Hillary and especially when the world is in the state that it is in today. Main-stream America will come to the fore-front and turn out. hopefully…..if there are any left after going through the big cities…

Neocon Peg on November 16, 2007 at 1:15 AM

Coronagold on November 15, 2007 at 8:38 PM

Yup…! Hahaha…! And Whoopi growing up in Germany may have spared her English capability from being influenced by the ghetto-rap aspect of growing up in the States.

Rugged Individual on November 16, 2007 at 2:12 AM

I’m dyslexic.

I thought this was about someone having “Rehab” after calling Michelle a bitch.

Not such a bad idea, now I’ve seen the clip.

uptight on November 16, 2007 at 3:39 AM

The liberal front is saggy & sad.

Ugly on November 16, 2007 at 5:42 AM

Where does that leave you vis-a-vis MM, Joyless?

It was a bitched joke.

saint kansas on November 16, 2007 at 5:48 AM

I think i need to steal one of Dan Ackroyd’s bits from the old SNL….

Joy, you ignorant slut….

Always Right on November 16, 2007 at 5:50 AM

You think I’ll get a response?

BacaDog on November 15, 2007 at 9:02 PM

crickets chriping….

Michelle and Joy BFF… isn’t that sweet?

BadBrad on November 16, 2007 at 7:04 AM

Good for Whoopi and Sherri, though.

MayBee on November 16, 2007 at 9:00 AM

Wow joy is delusional. love her logic. “She can’t say that because I’m a Hildawg robot……But I CAN say anything about Bushitler because I hate him….I respect the office though”. excuse my paraphrase. Hey Joy! See you next Tuesday!

GREENTURTLE on November 16, 2007 at 9:31 AM

What’s the difference between Behar and the Panama Canal?

The Panama Canal is a busy ditch.

MSGTAS on November 16, 2007 at 9:57 AM

MM should go on The View and give Behar a big bear hug and refer to her as “buddy” and “pal” through the segment to show the same warmth she received from Joy for being called a b*tch. As a man, who knew that’s what women do to express friendship for each other? I didn’t. Women aren’t that different than men after all…;-)

Seriously though, everytime I think that show has reached the climax of idiocy and moronic “views”, you guys prove me wrong by putting yet putting another ridiculous clip of their show up. Proving their hypocrisy and stupidity is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Planet Boulder on November 16, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Zach on November 15, 2007 at 7:58 PM

LOLOLOL Yeah right, she grew up in the housing project in Chelsea on W 25th between 9 & 10 Avenues….

AprilOrit on November 16, 2007 at 11:06 AM

gryphon202 on November 15, 2007

Alternate diagnosis: head affixed in rectum. Medically speaking, it is rectum craniosis.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 16, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Did she say “syndrome”?

This vacuous cow is constantly ridiculing the same behavior she exhibits on an hourly basis. She truly is completely ignorant to how childishly ignorant her behavior is.

Exit question: Will Joy have an epiphany one day? And if she does will we feel schadenfreude or compassion?

csdeven on November 16, 2007 at 1:19 PM

Reason number 92 why Joy Behar is a moron.

RobCon on November 16, 2007 at 2:33 PM

You see there is a God.

boomer on November 15, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Of course – there is a God for everything – I personally prayed to the Golf God this morning

Ann on November 16, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Rugged Individual on November 16, 2007 at 2:12 AM

AprilOrit on November 16, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Sad, but typical and illustrative.

The Race Card on November 16, 2007 at 9:03 PM