Newsweek reveals name of mystery conservative hired to “balance” Kos

posted at 1:56 pm on November 15, 2007 by Allahpundit

Kos knew who it was and promised the Kossacks the other day that it would make the nutroots’ heads explode when they heard, which made me think it must be either MM or InstaGlenn. Nope. Even explodey-er!

Exit question one: What does it say that Newsweek evidently regards this guy and Kos as “counterparts”? And exit question two: Doesn’t our mystery man have better gigs lined up for his retirement or has it really come to this?

Update: Yet another exit question. Immigration is expected to play a prominent part in next year’s election; pray tell, which of our two correspondents will be defending the enforcement position?

Comments

The Huff&Puffs say they’ll cancel their Newsweek subscriptions. It’s a twofer!

amerpundit on November 15, 2007 at 1:58 PM

It says that Newsweek considers having a blog website as important as being the advisor to the president of the United States.

As for the exit question, it occurred to me as well, and my initial reaction is to question this appointment. I didn’t think Rove would lower himself.

MadisonConservative on November 15, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Rover you magnificent bastard.

lorien1973 on November 15, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Yah know how I spell lame?: R O V E.

liberrocky on November 15, 2007 at 1:59 PM

PWN3D!!

Hoodlumman on November 15, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Rove would be well suited to say: “Kos?, no thanks, you can hire Geraldo, that’s about equal.”

right2bright on November 15, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Oh Man please let them appear together in a TV interveiw. The Kos kiddies would go berzerk

William Amos on November 15, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Rove vs. Kos? Something like the Cheney/Edwards VP debates. Cheney did, and Rove will, make their counterparts appear juvenile. This will be a duel between a well armed man and an unarmed child.

pistolero on November 15, 2007 at 2:02 PM

William Amos on November 15, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Many kossacks and Huff and Puffs knew what it was to have their heads explode that day, I can tell you!

doriangrey on November 15, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Rover you magnificent bastard.

lorien1973 on November 15, 2007 at 1:59 PM

My sentiments exactly.

Rick on November 15, 2007 at 2:06 PM

You nailed it, Allah. Rove is “wet” on the immigration issue, and he’s also a heretic on the size-of-government issue.

So if you want open borders and big government, Rove’s your kind of “conservative.”

Gag me.

Ali-Bubba on November 15, 2007 at 2:09 PM

To be honest I can see the hilarity. Kos is 0 for infinity in backing candidates. TO seem him prognosticating elections next to Rove will only be icing on the cake

William Amos on November 15, 2007 at 2:10 PM

MM? You mean that heartless right-wing blogger who attacked a 12-year-old brain-injury victim over insurance? Sick.

Kos? Klass.

saint kansas on November 15, 2007 at 2:10 PM

doriangrey on November 15, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Yes, have some.

James on November 15, 2007 at 2:11 PM

I would guess that the Newsweek editors, like most of the MSM, believe that only ignorant bigots advocate enforcement.

thuja on November 15, 2007 at 2:12 PM

I dunno about a Kos-Rove head-to-head. Any juvenile moron can dominate a conversation with volume (see Behar-Ingraham) if they so choose, and Kos would have to know that volume is the only way he could dominate. If the moderator/interviewer lets Kos babble freely, it would be a waste of Rove’s time, just like it was a waste of Ingraham’s. Pearls to swine, etc.

Splashman on November 15, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Kos in a suit proves the old adage:

“You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig!”

landlines on November 15, 2007 at 2:13 PM

God help me, that picture of Kos always makes me laugh.

Kensington on November 15, 2007 at 2:13 PM

I don’t believe it.

Zetterson on November 15, 2007 at 2:14 PM

I wish it had been Coulter. I would have to take a second and third job (selling drugs) in order to pay for the ticket I’d buy to watch Coulter tear Kos a fresh new anus or two.

Loundry on November 15, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Kos in a suit proves the old adage:

“You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig!”

Oh my goodness, the exact same adage came to my mind when I saw this, but in the context of putting Kos next to Rove, not putting Kos in a suit.

Kensington on November 15, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Everybody needs a hobby.
I’m not a giant fan of Rove but if he makes a few lib heads pop like champagne bottles its OK.

Speakup on November 15, 2007 at 2:15 PM

RINO versus PIG

The rino can trample you to death whereas the pigs only offense is to eat you.

Griz on November 15, 2007 at 2:17 PM

God help me, that picture of Kos always makes me laugh.

Kensington on November 15, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Yeah, who ever it was that took it out, please put the sock back.

Speakup on November 15, 2007 at 2:19 PM

This is just an interim gig until the MC Rove album drops.

Does anyone subscribe to Newsweek anymore? I was under the impression that distribution was limited to (1) airport newsstands and (2) dentists’ waiting rooms.

saint kansas on November 15, 2007 at 2:20 PM

saint kansas on November 15, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Dentists and doctors get them for free. You have to call the magazine to have it stopped. Easy to do.

JiangxiDad on November 15, 2007 at 2:22 PM

Rover you magnificent bastard.

lorien1973 on November 15, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Took the words right outa my mouth.

CP on November 15, 2007 at 2:24 PM

doriangrey on November 15, 2007 at 2:06 PM

There are no KKKosacks, only Zool.

Pulchritudinous Patriot on November 15, 2007 at 2:29 PM

MadisonConservative on November 15, 2007 at 1:59 PM

My initial thoughts exactly!

abinitioadinfinitum on November 15, 2007 at 2:36 PM

If they had any balls and were not idioligically compromised they would have Ann.

JayHaw Phrenzie on November 15, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Zzzzz

Lawrence on November 15, 2007 at 2:38 PM

LMFAO! Karl should have no trouble mopping the floor with the Kostard hisself, though frankly, I’d rather see Michelle swinging the sword.

This should be f-u-n.

notta_dhimmi on November 15, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Rove is “wet” on the immigration issue

Rove is wet on every issue. You can’t be a counter weight without any weight. He has spent a career doing the politically expedient without regard to principles. Dems hate him because he is their mirror. Same reflection from a different angle.

sweeper on November 15, 2007 at 2:53 PM

Interesting. I still won’t buy a Newsweek, but I may stop stealing them from waiting rooms and throwing them out.

Nah, on second thought, I can’t really consider the guy who probably came up with “compassionate conservative” a conservative.

Yet again, people can’t tell the difference between a Republican and a conservative.

reaganaut on November 15, 2007 at 3:03 PM

1. That Newsweek is hopelessly deluded about the influence of the moonbat left on the electorate.

2. No, and why is writing a column making fun of dickeater Kos to be dissed? What else has he got to do? Maybe this is his idea of fun; he spent 7 years torturing these nitwits mercilessly, maybe he’s addicted.

3. Nyet.

Jaibones on November 15, 2007 at 3:06 PM

truly a slug vs. an elephant. And Chaos (kos) is NOT the elephant.

shooter on November 15, 2007 at 3:35 PM

doriangrey on November 15, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Newsweek: Crossing the streams.

Karl on November 15, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Tyrs Fury on November 15, 2007 at 3:43 PM

reaganaut on November 15, 2007 at 3:03 PM

“Compassionate conservative” means “We’ll hate gays *AND* tax the living crap out of you!” It’s a two-fer!

Loundry on November 15, 2007 at 3:46 PM

Michael Isikoff is reporting that Kos nutroots are flushing their copies of Newsweek down the toilet.

Could be true …. sorta like the Koran story.

fogw on November 15, 2007 at 3:53 PM

The best part is that it will be nutroot heads splodin and my exit question is: how long b4 the nutroots idjats turn on mm for being a sellout?

oilbertan on November 15, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Anything that puts this amount of crabs in the Kos kids shorts has gotta be good. I can’t wait to see Kos go head to head with Rove, the Evil Genius and Master of Time & Space. Gimme that big mad doctor laugh, Rovie-boy!

Tantor on November 15, 2007 at 4:19 PM

I couldn’t care less what Rove or Kos have to say about anything, frankly. My impression is that Rove has been one of the chief players in what I believe may turn out to have been the destruction of the modern conservative movement. I was really hoping he would just go away.

On the other hand, I’m not a Rove expert so maybe I’m wrong about him.

FloatingRock on November 15, 2007 at 4:20 PM

Since immigration will have a minimal if any effect on the election I think this could be lots of fun. We all know that Iraq, the war on terror, the economy, “values” and health care will be the issues that decide the election.

Capitalist Infidel on November 15, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Neither.

thirteen28 on November 15, 2007 at 4:51 PM

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

LtE126 on November 15, 2007 at 4:54 PM

If Karl Rove didn’t exist the Democrats would have had to invent him. He’s a convenient scapegoat for the failure of their agenda.

Otherwise the Democrats would have had to face some pretty painful realities. Namely that they were intellectually bested and repeatedly politically outmaneuvered by a moron.

Mike Honcho on November 15, 2007 at 4:59 PM

BOOOOYAAAAA

Kaptain Amerika on November 15, 2007 at 5:03 PM

The Huff&Puffs say they’ll cancel their Newsweek subscriptions. It’s a twofer!

amerpundit on November 15, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Seriously?

So they’re pleased as punch when uber-lefty “Screw Them” Kos gets the gig … but Karl Rove gets it and its boycott time?

Interesting. Most people are a little more subtle about their hypocrisy. Liberalism is fun.

Professor Blather on November 15, 2007 at 5:13 PM

I think that screen cap is from his discussion with Harold Ford Jr.. Even being a liberal himself, HF was completely frustrated with Kos and his insane drivel. When I say that liberalism is a psychological disorder, Krazy Kos is the poster boy for it.

csdeven on November 15, 2007 at 6:10 PM

Honestly, what can we expect here?

Kos : “Bush is Hitler. Vote Blue”.
Karl : “Hillary is Hitler. Vote Red”.

SoulGlo on November 15, 2007 at 6:12 PM

Rove, you magnificent bastard.

Wow, now that one HAD to make the nutroots head explode. I think a nuke just went off at Huffpo.

BKennedy on November 15, 2007 at 6:22 PM

Rove is a creep, he has done so much damage to this party anyone who stands with him should be David Duked immediately or waterboarded -

Out of the GOP for life with you, you are too damn stuck on stupid and your lips are too damn stuck to Rove’s ass to be worthy of a GOP membership. See ya….

AprilOrit on November 15, 2007 at 6:23 PM

KOS = ROVE

What’s the difference between these two losers anyway?

AprilOrit on November 15, 2007 at 6:25 PM

Rove, you magnificent bastard melon-head.

Wow, now that one HAD to make the nutroots normal honest and God-fearing Republicans’ heads explode. I think a nuke just went off at Huffpo in every reasonable GOP household.

BKennedy on November 15, 2007 at 6:22 PM

AprilOrit on November 15, 2007 at 6:48 PM

I just loved the comments over there. Even more than here.

-Cancel my subscription!

-Cancel my subscription!

-Cancel my subscription!

-I think it’s a perfectly reasonable idea
-I HATE YOU!! YOU’RE AN IDIOT! GO AND ENLIST!!

That “Litu” guy sure is a funny one.

Reaps on November 15, 2007 at 7:22 PM

Now we’ll catch them without their tin foil hats on. BWAHAHAHAHA

oakpack on November 15, 2007 at 7:46 PM

God help me, that picture of Kos always makes me laugh.

Kensington on November 15, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Me too. I’ve been trying to figure out for months who he looks like there, and I think I finally figured it out. This guy.

Tanya on November 15, 2007 at 7:47 PM

Tanya on November 15, 2007 at 7:47 PM

I was thinking more along these lines;

And what did Gonzo ever do to you?

jdkchem on November 15, 2007 at 8:34 PM

NewSpeak is only doing this to gain readership.

Coronagold on November 15, 2007 at 9:23 PM

Two people I can’t stand in one magazine I won’t read … that certainly is convenient actually …

deepdiver on November 15, 2007 at 9:29 PM

No Friggin contest. Hope they are on
“Meet The Press” together. Rove will hand him
his head and the Kos Boy will even thank him.

This is tooooo good.

Texyank on November 15, 2007 at 11:48 PM

This is proof that KR alone can handle it against all the others there, including the newest kind.

Newsweek Marketing 101

1. Sales are down
2. Hire Kos/Rove
3. Righties (2-3 still left) cancel due to Kos
4. Lefties cancel due to Rove (much more impactful)
5. Sales…

Entelechy on November 16, 2007 at 1:09 AM

Rove outclasses his counterpart by an order of magnitude so fantastically great that is impossible to express it with any numerical reference.

And that’s allot.