Video: Student says “I wasn’t the only plant” in Hillary’s garden

posted at 11:49 am on November 13, 2007 by Bryan

But wait…didn’t the World’s Smartest Woman insist that this wasn’t standard practice? I could’ve swore I heard her say that. But, then how do we explain this? This student says she saw a binder with 8 questions on a page, one marked out for a student to ask of the Glacier. Is a Clinton…gulp…lying about something? Nah, can’t be that. Maybe she’s just not in control of her own campaign staff. Yeah. That’s a better explanation.

Comments

Hmmm. The plot thickens.

SoulGlo on November 13, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Can’t see the forest through the plants.

and speaking of Hillary…

Connie on November 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Sur-prize sur-prize sur-prize!

I am shocked.

rockbend on November 13, 2007 at 11:58 AM

It’s only a matter of time before some of these rogue plants start vanishing.

Rick on November 13, 2007 at 12:00 PM

“That doesn’t seem random, exactly”

Amazing–she might be able to put 2 and 2 together.

But, she’ll probably still vote for the witchy woman.

Vanquisher on November 13, 2007 at 12:00 PM

I wonder if Kerry planted the ‘Don’t tase me bro’ question to get him more press.

ThackerAgency on November 13, 2007 at 12:01 PM

I think Hillary wanted to boast she has a green thumb but more and more it just seems she is giving the country a green finger

William Amos on November 13, 2007 at 12:01 PM

Is it me, or does the young woman in the video come off as “too polished”? She’s extremely composed and comfortable on camera. Perhaps she’s a broadcast journalism or acting major.

I don’t know. It just seemed a bit staged.

MikeZero on November 13, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Nothing new, CNN is part of the VRWC, Rove did it, Bush lied, blah blah blah.

pedestrian on November 13, 2007 at 12:05 PM

What the Clinton staffer actually MEANT was:

She is not familiar enough with HER OWN energy plan to answer that question.

Always Right on November 13, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Ouch. That smarts.

Vizzini on November 13, 2007 at 12:09 PM

“The staffer said ‘I don’t think that’s too good of an idea, cause she might not be familiar with her energy plans’.”

Heh.

Jaibones on November 13, 2007 at 12:16 PM

But, she added, a Clinton intern spoke to her to say the campaign requests she “not talk about” the story to any more media outlets and that if she did she should inform a staffer.

Ha! They want her to stop talking about their sleaziness. Yeah…

amerpundit on November 13, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Student says “I wasn’t the only plant” in Hillary’s garden

No doubt. I’m sure that carrots are in abundance.

Ochlan on November 13, 2007 at 12:20 PM

She better hope Hilliary doesn’t win; other wise enjoy your audit young lady….

liquidflorian on November 13, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Hey Guys, let’s be clear here:

Hillary got caught but to feign shock that this sort of thing would go on in a campaign is absurd. Hillary tries our credibility when she claims she knew nothing about what her staff did (cooincidence that this girl was chosen to ask a question? right!). Nevertheless, town halls are no less scripted than “debates” and that holds true of all candidates of all parties.

The real question in my mind is why/how this story broke. Whose agenda outed Hillary for what is a common practice. My money is on Edwards people (which have a strong organization in Iowa).

highhopes on November 13, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Now, you guys remember when I said Giuliani wanted to play it out as if Hilary would be the nominee, then everyone would do everything they can to knock her down right before the primary so Obama or Edwards gets in?

Remember, you heard it from me first!

Vincenzo on November 13, 2007 at 12:21 PM

The shocking thing is that CNN would actually run this story.

Clark1 on November 13, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Maybe the whole controversy is being staged. Get a bunch of little ones out there and ignore the big ones. Then her detractors seem petty. I.E. Let’s knock over some flags.

- The Cat

MirCat on November 13, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Maybe I missed it, but has anyone juxtaposed this on the Randall Rolph dustup from last month? The guy she suggested was a plant?

DrSteve on November 13, 2007 at 12:35 PM

This is so outrageous, even flags are so pissed they’re trying to take Hillary out.

Nethicus on November 13, 2007 at 12:36 PM

I know NB caught the wink the girl gave at the end of her question but something I noticed, I have looked around the last couple of minutes for other video but have not found one yet, that after the question Hill looks down at the podium as she begins to answer. Obviously scanning for the answer on her papers. My question is how many times during Q&A does she do that same move? I think we could get a better picture of how often there are these plants. From earlier post we know this was going on in the 90′s. Just wondering

mjkazee on November 13, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Is a Clinton…gulp…lying about something?

Bite your vast, right-wing, conspiratorial tongue for even considering such a blasphemous thought!!

thirteen28 on November 13, 2007 at 12:43 PM

I never was a plant, but when I was a teen and involved in politics I was instructed that plants are SOP for all campaigns on both sides of the aisle.

infidel2 on November 13, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Next thing you’re going to tell me is that Bill whipped it out in front of her after the Q&A. Shocked I tell you!

foxforce91 on November 13, 2007 at 12:47 PM

The future president wouldn’t lie.

Kensington on November 13, 2007 at 12:48 PM

This is all too complicated for you to understand.

Your lives will cared for. Give Hillary a Chance.

Kini on November 13, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Ms. College Student, if that is indeed her real name, is a Rove plant to make Hilary look like “she’s not very familar with her plans”.

“Raise your hand and she’ll call on you”. Yeah right. That’s something only Karl Rove would say.

redzap on November 13, 2007 at 12:57 PM

The shocking thing is that CNN would actually run this story.

Clark1 on November 13, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Not really. What’s shocking is that you are the only person who has made that lame remark thus far.

***

I don’t know. It just seemed a bit staged.

MikeZero on November 13, 2007 at 12:04 PM

I agree with you in that it is a rare person who is instantly at ease and self-aware while on camera. Cameras make 85% of people forget who they are momentarily. The girl stays in frame, doesn’t stare and stays poised.

I have shot music videos, documentary footage and news packages. This doesn’t seem “staged” to me. I’m guessing the student simply listened to her cameraman pre-roll instructions and told the truth. She’s also of the generation that is very comfortable in front of the camera.

The Race Card on November 13, 2007 at 12:59 PM

I think this girl was an Edwards plant. Sent to the Hillary speech to troll around and hopefully get picked to ask a question . . . then later turn on Her Screech and tell her story.

Labamigo on November 13, 2007 at 1:00 PM

She’s also of the generation that is very comfortable in front of the camera.

The Race Card on November 13, 2007 at 12:59 PM

Good point.

MikeZero on November 13, 2007 at 1:04 PM

All the other Muriels should come forward.

Rush did a devestating takedown of this in a parody a short time ago.

JammieWearingFool on November 13, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Evil Karl Rove. He’s evil, I tell you.

mymanpotsandpans on November 13, 2007 at 1:18 PM

I think that the most vile aspect of this scenario is the wink of the apparatchik [student]. The wink is proof-positive that, not only is she an apparatchik [which goes hand-in-hand with the legacy of Communism] of the Clinton plan for collectivism; but, also, that she has no problem with being a part of a conspiracy of deceit. We all expect deceit out of a Clinton [any Clinton]; but, that a “student” would willingly be a part of it – shows just how vile, corrupt and rotting the Clinton base is.

The wink said it all.

OhEssYouCowboys on November 13, 2007 at 1:36 PM

My question is how many times during Q&A does she do that same move?
mjkazee on November 13, 2007 at 12:38 PM

I gotta think that by this time, she has the mindless (and pointless) responses memorized. “I’m glad you asked me that”….. is #1. “I get that question a lot”….. is #2. “As I travel, I constantly meet people in that situation”…..is #3. When I’m President….. is #4. And so on. If she was looking down, it was probably to glance at her blackberry to see which response her handlers want her to use.

After all, her response to the plant was just as meaningless as the rest of her responses.

highhopes on November 13, 2007 at 1:52 PM

Give Hill a break. She was just practicing for the scripted questions she’ll get on “Noballs with Noballs” and “Defeat the Nation.” It’s not like Hill was doing anything fraudulent.

Keep pushing Rudiani and we will have eight years of this pig.

saved on November 13, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Yes, planting questions is probably SOP with all the candidates, but if Hillary’s campaign isn’t smart enough to CYA properly, I think a legitimate concern about competence can be raised.

(No, I’m not serious.)

Splashman on November 13, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Dick Armey – Why I Think Hillary Will Win

First and foremost, the Republican brand as effective stewards of the taxpayer dollar is in tatters, and the shredding doesn’t look to stop any time soon. Just yesterday, 138 House Republicans joined the Democrats in voting to override the president’s veto of a wasteful and pork-ridden Water Resources bill. That vote was a shameful display of personal politics over the national interest, and it contains the seeds of destruction of whatever conservative principles remain in the Republican party.

No wonder Americans prefer Democrats on the economy, taxes, and spending issues, according to recent polling data. When the choice is between Democrats, and the Democrat-lite ideas the GOP has become so comfortable offering, the Democrats will win every time.

To counter Hillary Clinton’s perfectly oiled political machine, Republicans need to return to their Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan roots. They need to present an alternative vision for America—a positive vision that limits government and trusts individuals and leaves families, churches, and businesses free to make their own decisions, and not have bureaucrats and politicians calling the shots.

Right now, the country is headed toward a date with Hillary Clinton, and big government is on the agenda. The only way to change that rendezvous is for candidates to offer a clear, principled, limited government alternative.

MB4 on November 13, 2007 at 2:51 PM

As some one called Rush today remarked (par)

They won’t go after her but she’ll get:

Biology C-
Economic D
Adv Calc F
World Lit D
Med Sci 101 F

GPA 1.1

amend2 on November 13, 2007 at 4:34 PM

And someone will off her puddy tat.

thebookkeeper on November 13, 2007 at 4:41 PM

OK, Thompson should use this for an ad. The ad can show clips of the planted questions, and this young lady’s testimony and end with this line:
Hillary Clinton, the smartest, most scripted woman in America

Gatordoug on November 13, 2007 at 7:47 PM

Lets see if someone else comes out.

JellyToast on November 13, 2007 at 10:19 PM

Her questions are scripted so are her answers.

OOH to be so lucky to ask her an unscripted question to watch her throw out the sand on stage and begin the “Hiterly Hustle”

MSGTAS on November 14, 2007 at 8:07 AM