Video: Behar snubs O’Reilly on “The View”

posted at 8:47 pm on November 13, 2007 by Allahpundit

Or is it Bill who snubs her? Handshakes all around except between the two of them, which wouldn’t be the first time a friendly greeting was impolitely declined for political reasons on America’s greatest television show.

Stick with it as the cold front turns frigid when Bill’s finger gets to wagging at her for her views on kids and religion. As loathsome as Behar is, she does get off a pretty snazzy rejoinder that more than a few of Papa Bear’s guests would sympathize with: “Just because you’re talking louder doesn’t make you right.”

Comments

As Gibson pointed out when he showed this clip earlier, who is Joyless to whine about people talking loud? Also, I find it odd whenever people say that (generally in these types of situations). Where did Bill ever claim that speaking louder was his argument?

RightWinged on November 13, 2007 at 8:52 PM

Or is it Bill who snubs her?

It seems Behar is the only one with her arms folded in front of her as Bill comes out. The others are either applauding or just standing there. Though only as courtesy, even Whoppi clapped.

amerpundit on November 13, 2007 at 8:56 PM

amerpundit on November 13, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Whoopi has been on his show where she got a fair shake. She even gives kudos to Sean Hannity.

I still cannot stand her though. But at least, with the Fox folks, she is fair.

CrimsonFisted on November 13, 2007 at 8:59 PM

Bitch.

The Ugly American on November 13, 2007 at 9:01 PM

The only reason why people like O’Reilly or Laura Ingraham go on insipid television like The View is to sell their books. It’s part of what you sign up for when you agree to publish.

That an arrogant far leftist shrew like Behar is even marginally polite speaks more to the reason why she’s still around and Rosie got canned. She’s showing that rare quality in a moonbat- civility to those with other ideas. It’s barely there but Rosie would have either clomped off the set or made a big deal about the appearance in the first place and make it all about Rosie.

highhopes on November 13, 2007 at 9:01 PM

ahahha, joy didn’t get the applause line and she got piiiiiissed

wryteacher on November 13, 2007 at 9:03 PM

I was referring to Bill, of course.

The Ugly American on November 13, 2007 at 9:03 PM

The joy of vulvodynia.

infidel4life on November 13, 2007 at 9:03 PM

I love Whoopi in the movies. Don’t much care for her ideals but love the way she makes me laugh.
And Joy had that line in reserve so she just butted in and yelled it out over the others.

Gwillie on November 13, 2007 at 9:04 PM

after 3 weeks of real world duties like diaper patrol, i suddenly see why it matters not a whit what nitwits who opine and bloviate think and/or care about each other.

f ‘em both.

the culture war will be won by the family units and the values they inculcate. “progressive/liberal” dogma and folklore will have as much influence on future generations as the whig party has on the bi-cameral system.

JazzBass on November 13, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Something Joy can brag about to her idiot yenta friends at Elaine’s in Manhattan. What a pathetic washed up fool.

RobCon on November 13, 2007 at 9:05 PM

Said it before, Joy is the biggest idiot that show has or has ever had. She makes Rosie look good in comparison.

Dash on November 13, 2007 at 9:05 PM

As I posted on Newsbusters:

Bill quickly disarmed Whoopi with the birthday flowers. Good strategic first strike! Joyless was just, well, joyless as usual. I’m always amazed at how tall Bill is compared to these four.

kevcad on November 13, 2007 at 9:06 PM

“Just because you’re talking louder doesn’t make you right.”

Bwahahahahaha!!!! Did that loudmouth cow actually say that? She’s got the biggest mouth on the planet with the exception of Rosie O fatpiggo.

csdeven on November 13, 2007 at 9:06 PM

dont call people yentas your an ass ROBCON

amend2 on November 13, 2007 at 9:07 PM

amerpundit on November 13, 2007 at 8:56 PM

I have said it before, I will take Whoopi at her word that she is changing and becoming more tolerant…Maybe not smarter based on her comments to Laura I…but she isn’t as militant in her delivery..(not sure it that’s the right analogy).

I think she is trying to allow all voices a chance to be heard, yet she won’t or can’t stop Joy from interrupting…

I’ll take Whoopi over Joy anyday!

Pam on November 13, 2007 at 9:07 PM

First Laura and now Bill. They really do make the others look so small and petty in comparison. and best of all, they KNOW IT.

RobCon on November 13, 2007 at 9:08 PM

Then again, couldn’t the same be said of her?

Esthier on November 13, 2007 at 9:10 PM

I need some help here…..right after that disgusting cow points her hoof at him and says “Don’t out shout me ok?”, Bill said something. He looked down at her hoof dismissively and said what sounded like “Come on.” Does anyone else hear that?

csdeven on November 13, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Gwillie on November 13, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Give Whoopi a break. Today’s her birthday- the sole thing I share in common with this idiot (though she’s far uglier and much older).

highhopes on November 13, 2007 at 9:15 PM

I almost never watch these clips so maybe it’s just me but, Baba Wawa looks so ancient that I suspect she farts dust.

91Veteran on November 13, 2007 at 9:16 PM

csdeven on November 13, 2007 at 9:13 PM

ROFLMAO! Cow points her HOOF… looks at her hoof dismissively…..

Good one!

You made me laugh out loud!

CrimsonFisted on November 13, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Behar made no attempt to shake hands or clap. I wonder how she would welcome the Iranian Whack-job should he visit the show?

Through the whole clip you can feel the loathing she feels for Bill O. But, hey, I am sure she is one of those compaaaasiooooonnnattteee liberals who loves everyone. Except those who disagree with her.

Mallard T. Drake on November 13, 2007 at 9:22 PM

I can’t even watch those foul pigs. Please don’t show anymore view clips unless it is one of a heavy light falling on the set and smashing behar.

Oh no! Did I say something mean and insensitve?

Hell yeah

peacenprosperity on November 13, 2007 at 9:24 PM

Bill had the last laugh if these clips are any indication. Not caring if an individual hates you while charming everyone else is the best revenge. Additionally, Joy made herself look like a whiny child and the audience knew it.

baldilocks on November 13, 2007 at 9:27 PM

Who dresses up Barbara Walters?

Ropera on November 13, 2007 at 9:34 PM

Bitch.

The Ugly American on November 13, 2007 at 9:01 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth!

msipes on November 13, 2007 at 9:48 PM

At four and eight going to Sunday school as part of the family is OK at about sixteen forcing them to go backfires.

Speakup on November 13, 2007 at 9:53 PM

It is simple amazing how much the Behars of the world despise this man so much they aren’t capable of hiding it for even a second. His popularity and the amount of pure hatred towards him from the left…well, make me respect him more. Class all the way with the flowers for Whoopi! And what a come back line at the end.

bubby62 on November 13, 2007 at 9:55 PM

I just watched the clip again…O’Reilly does pat Behar on the arm and she nods a couple of times acknowledging him. I can’t believe I watched that clip twice…Don’t ever make me do that again.

Oldnuke on November 13, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Name calling and snarky remarks about physical appearances may feel good in the short term, but it doesn’t exactly elevate the conversation much.

The bottom line is that Bill O’Reilly went into unfriendly turf and held his own. Pity that some of the more abrasive voices of The View aren’t as brave (or as courteous) to return the favor.

There will probably never be any “Joy” in the No Spin Zone. But for some reason, that doesn’t sadden me very much at all.

itzWicks on November 13, 2007 at 9:57 PM

I lost a lot of respect for O’Reilly a few months back and rarely watch the Factor these days. The View does not interest me in the least. If the discussion breaks out into a fist fight, let me know.

Zorro on November 13, 2007 at 10:04 PM

“Just because you’re talking louder doesn’t make you right.”

Wait bill wasn’t yelling or anything, hey joyless just because you are a 4th rate has bin hack comedian on a show with a gaggle of hens doesn’t make anything that comes out of your pie hole worth a damn.

Oldnuke on November 13, 2007 at 9:55 PM

You might want to call the ACLU and amnesty international that defiantly falls under cruel and inhuman treatment.

Mojack420 on November 13, 2007 at 10:11 PM

I don’t know, I think JB has a thing for BO, she keeps crossing her legs towards him making sure he sees them. Where is the body language expert, that will be hoot!

ctmom on November 13, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Joy Behar illustrates how intolerant the left is!

Gatordoug on November 13, 2007 at 10:27 PM

Discourteous, unprofessional.

Pathetic.

Classic liberal icon.

drjohn on November 13, 2007 at 10:36 PM

And she was shouting over Bill and Babs when she said it. hehe

- The Cat

MirCat on November 13, 2007 at 10:44 PM

So, is this a case of Dr. Dobson going into Satan’s den?

Talk about preaching to the demons.

ericire12 on November 13, 2007 at 10:44 PM

But Bill’s “rejoinder” was better: “The kids don’t have the right to set the agenda in the house.” Behar then said “Oh, that’s different” as if she was agreeing with Bill. Then she threw out the “louder” comment only after the audience applaused in agreement with Bill.
In other words, she HAD to get the last word in, even if she was outdone.

RMCS_USN on November 13, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Hell on Earth would be defined as living with that woman.

Griz on November 13, 2007 at 11:11 PM

I find O’Reilly incredibly pompous on his own show. However, when I see him on shows like “The View” and on “The Colbert Report,” he seems like a really nice and decent guy. It’s a big disconnect for me.

As a commenter above noted, Behar looked foolish being all pouty and whiny, while Bill was friendly and relaxed. And her comment about the young age of O’Reilly’s kids was tasteless.

asc85 on November 13, 2007 at 11:15 PM

What if he brought some for Behar? Oh my, what a moral dilemma for the dogmatic leftist.

Choices are: out yourself as an unhappy bitch by snubbing the bouquet, but skyrocket yourself to Colbert-esqe heights in the nutroots fever swamps…

Or smile, accept the flowers, say thank you, and resign yourself to the fact that deep thinkers like Kos and Ygelsias will consider it the 21st-century equivalent of having your picture taken with Hitler.

Oh Bill, opportunities missed, opportunities lost.

John from OPFOR on November 13, 2007 at 11:20 PM

It’s goes back to what we were taught as kids (at least I was): if you go to someone else’s house, you’d better behave.

baldilocks on November 13, 2007 at 11:33 PM

Mojack420 on November 13, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Nahh, it’s Ok. A couple of Dewars and I’m fine. ‘Sides no one really forced me. I just had to make sure he actually ‘Touched’ her…and he did. Jeez hope he’s had his shots.

Oldnuke on November 13, 2007 at 11:35 PM

highhopes on November 13, 2007 at 9:15 PM

Happy birthday highhopes :c)

tikvah on November 13, 2007 at 11:56 PM

He came off as charming, she came off as a rude raving retard.

AlexB on November 14, 2007 at 12:12 AM

Her timing was all off with the rejoinder. It came out of nowhere and just made her look like a whiner.

Kensington on November 14, 2007 at 12:19 AM

Joy could barely control her bile when Bill threw the age crack right back at her… “I’m VERILE.” Hahaha…! I’m 42 and my wife is 21… I love tell envious nags to mind their own beezwax and get a life. Joy felt that sting and it showed. She knows she’s over the hill, even though Babwa isn’t. That must burn.

Rugged Individual on November 14, 2007 at 12:23 AM

Behar has nice legs. I sense sexual tension between them.

Agrippa2k on November 14, 2007 at 12:54 AM

Joy saying “bullying your kids into going to church” says all you need to know about that walking glob of botox.

186k on November 14, 2007 at 1:05 AM

The View still sucks.

georgej on November 14, 2007 at 1:14 AM

His last copmeback line was actually hilarious, he and Joy are actually pretty funny together, in a NY kind of way.

AprilOrit on November 14, 2007 at 1:26 AM

“bullying your kids into going to church”

That was ridiculous on her part, parents are parents, she raised her daughter Catholic and made her go to church, so she needs to stopn that point.

AprilOrit on November 14, 2007 at 1:28 AM

Bette Midler = Joy Behar (without talent)

Halley on November 14, 2007 at 1:35 AM

Bette Midler = Joy Behar (without talent)

They are very good friends, they do a ton of charity work together in Manhattan.

AprilOrit on November 14, 2007 at 1:38 AM

Behar has nice legs. I sense sexual tension between them.

That was pretty obvious as well, although most people here wouldn’t admit it. LOL

AprilOrit on November 14, 2007 at 1:40 AM

I find it amazing that the one woman on that panel with a true “birth control voice” is complaining about Bill’s hallmark debate approach.

-T

The Therapist on November 14, 2007 at 1:44 AM

She’s pro-choice isn’t she?

She ain’t Catholic, then.

Sydney Carton on November 14, 2007 at 1:47 AM

true “birth control voice”

What is that – a true birth control voice?

I have this weird visual of her toungue wrapped in spermicide and condoms…yuck.

AprilOrit on November 14, 2007 at 1:49 AM

Or do you mean her voice drives the opposite sex away?

AprilOrit on November 14, 2007 at 1:50 AM

Sh

e’s pro-choice isn’t she?

She ain’t Catholic, then.

Her daughter is old, I do not know what she thought about abortion in the 70s when her daughter was born, or the late 60s.

My parents have Pro-choice Catholic friends who weren’t necessarily por-choice back when they were rearing their children.

I have witnessed – within my parents friends and aquaintances – many Conservative people become more Liberal as they age and vice versa. People change, things in their lives change. Look at Atheists, many come from some religion when they were children, they grow up and change their beliefs completely.

Joy is a Catholic like Rudy.

AprilOrit on November 14, 2007 at 1:57 AM

Behar has nice legs. I sense sexual tension between them.

You know, I hate to admit it, but it’s true: she’s got some gams on her.

Kensington on November 14, 2007 at 2:00 AM

You know, I hate to admit it, but it’s true: she’s got some gams on her.

One day they all showed pictures of themselves in the late 60s and believe it or not Joy Behar looked allot like Gina Gershon. I saw the clip on one of the entertainment shows, I think it was Entertainment Tonight. The View audience was shocked.

AprilOrit on November 14, 2007 at 2:07 AM

Well, that sucks for Gina Gershon.

Pablo on November 14, 2007 at 6:48 AM

… and no one talks louder than Joy…….. except for Rosie, of course!

ToddonCapeCod on November 14, 2007 at 7:23 AM

You know, I hate to admit it, but it’s true: she’s got some gams on her.

You are a sick human being.

peacenprosperity on November 14, 2007 at 7:28 AM

Whoopie talking about parenting is rich. After a few months, she exterminated her child and went front page with the news.

Hening on November 14, 2007 at 7:29 AM

It seems incredible to me that Behar is never embarrassed by her actions. Her mouth is always running, but she never contributes anything of importance because she hasn’t learned to listen.
She is forever trying for the “gotcha moment” but her timing sucks, and her shallow thoughtless little mind speaks volumes.

leanright on November 14, 2007 at 7:36 AM

It appears that when the audience applauded O’Reilly lefty Behar had to attack him personally. The leftist way. He’s not a favorite of mine but he did well. He made good points and behaved like a true gentleman. Behar is a rude, crude and verbose mutt.

sinsing on November 14, 2007 at 7:52 AM

leanright on November 14, 2007 at 7:36 AM

You sure you’re not talking about Alan Colmes?

BacaDog on November 14, 2007 at 7:58 AM

I’ve seen Kathy Ireland and Jennifer O’Neill shouted down by a crazed Joy Behr because they were trying to express their pro-life views. I mean the women could not get a full sentence out due to her shrieking; I’m talking Joy literally shut them down and would not allow them to speak. None of the other ladies spoke up for their right to speak because they know this is Joy’s hot button topic. So for her to say O’Reilly was shouting her down just made me laugh.

deedledee on November 14, 2007 at 8:35 AM

BacaDog on November 14, 2007 at 7:58 AM
Irritating similarities in the far left nastiness shouldn’t surprise anyone, they all drink the same kool-aid.

leanright on November 14, 2007 at 8:45 AM

Joy Behar is trying to become the next Ro. I think “The View” tried to cast Whoopi in that role, but although Whoopi is clearly a liberal and is prone to saying and doing outrageous things from time to time, she isn’t bat**** crazy like Ro. So I guess Joy is stepping up.

I’m really glad I actually have a full time job and don’t actually sit around on weekday mornings watching this tripe.

Outlander on November 14, 2007 at 9:16 AM

Don’t forget that at one time Behar was a school teacher, probably in the NYC system. That’s what’s teaching the kids? Oy vey, as they would say in NYC.

Jeff on November 14, 2007 at 9:37 AM

It’s come to the point where I can’t really refer to Behar without using a word that rhymes with bunt.

MadisonConservative on November 14, 2007 at 9:44 AM

I would like to know (not really) Joy’s list of complaints against Bill. I would bet most of them aren’t accurate or make sense.
Most are against him because they are told to.

right2bright on November 14, 2007 at 9:51 AM

Outlander: So true. Through the exit of Ro, Behar was vaulted to the top of the batshit crazy chart by default.

gabriel sutherland on November 14, 2007 at 9:52 AM

Probably didn’t want to shake hands with a male who has bigger hands than hers. Used to the femme dem “male” hand.

LtE126 on November 14, 2007 at 9:53 AM

As a southerner I have to say this (even though I don’t believe the stereotype) that Ms. Behar’s voice and attitude compounds that stereotype that all New Yorkers are loud and rude.

Pulchritudinous Patriot on November 14, 2007 at 10:25 AM

Oh, sure. Because Bill and “Faux News” is responsible for all the “evils” in America, huh, Behar?

And by being an immature and unprofessional little snit to Bill, you’re gonna heal the world!

You frakkin jackarse! It’s a good thing Bill didn’t touch her. He might have caught something.

Mazztek on November 14, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Really, try. The Left does this to Ann Coulter all the time, and it always makes them look like misogynyst thugs, especially when they applaud themselves for the searing expression of their dissent.

With Behar, you have a vapid woman whose analytical skills are an inch-deep, whose political commentary is thoughtless and knee-jerk, and whose tolerance barely surpasses Rosie O’Donnell. There’s really no need to resort to calling her a kuhnt.

Kensington on November 14, 2007 at 11:02 AM

Kensington on November 14, 2007 at 11:02 AM

See, though…you put your finger on it. Behar is nothing but a cute-quip tossing estrogen show co-host, with nothing to be proud of. Ann Coulter has earned a law degree, constantly produces books, articles, and intelligent punditry (though at times she bugs me with her attitude and that annoying nervous laugh) that actually fully addresses issues. Behar makes snide remarks about things she doesn’t like.

One is aggressive and up-front. The other tries to sneak them out of the side of her mouth. The longer the latter goes on without being called on it, the more confident she gets in them, and hence why she is becoming the next Ro.

MadisonConservative on November 14, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Tuesday stupider.

LoL.

You watch so we don’t have to.
Thank you.

Lawrence on November 14, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Wow, Joy Behar snubs, I think I’d be more upset if the lady at the local kwik-e-mart didn’t tell me good morning. I still have no idea who this Behar woman is anyway. Was she some type of celebrity? Everything she does on that show is a cry for attention.

hoosierken on November 14, 2007 at 11:39 AM

It just means I’m very virile.

Anyone have a unicorn chaser handy? I need to loofah my brain.

Mark Jaquith on November 14, 2007 at 1:28 PM

Come on, you miss ro, don’t yo

Kini on November 14, 2007 at 2:50 PM