Lindsey Graham gets a primary challenger

posted at 6:00 pm on November 13, 2007 by Bryan

I’d like to think that this had something to do with Graham’s predicament, such as it is.

Buddy Witherspoon, a long-time South Carolina committeeman to the Republican National Committee, will be announcing this week that he will challenge Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) in the GOP primary, according to a source familiar with his intentions.

Witherspoon, an orthodontist, is known as an arch-conservative on social and cultural issues, and plans to run a campaign centered on fighting illegal immigration.

Witherspoon has an uphill fight ahead of him, since Graham has the advantages of incumbency and over $4 million in the bank. But it can be done. Believe, Buddy.

Or just cite this story every time the immigration issue comes up and then connect it to Graham’s stance on amnesty for illegal aliens.

Illegal immigrant, Muslim from Lebanon, worked for FBI, CIA, stole info, passed it to Hizballah

The sister-in-law of the indicted fugitive owner of the La Shish restaurant chain got sensitive jobs at the FBI and CIA, despite being an illegal immigrant, federal prosecutors said in court documents unsealed today in Detroit.

The woman, Nada Nadim Prouty, 37, of Vienna, Va., also tapped into a sensitive FBI computer to find out what federal investigators knew about her, La Shish restaurant owner Talal Chahine, and her sister, who is married to Chahine.

Prosecutors said she took an unknown quantity of classified information home with her. It’s unclear what happened, or what she did with the information, prosecutors said.

The information pertained to a federal investigation of Chahine and his possible involvement with Hizballah, which has been declared a terrorist organization by the U.S State Department….

Read the rest.

When Lindsey Graham natters on about telling the bigots to shut up, remind him that his policies let a Hizballah mole get here and stay here.

Comments

Is my desire to smack this man backwards until he rolls over his rocking chair (like in the cartoons) anti-American?

The Race Card on November 13, 2007 at 6:06 PM

RINO purge. On.

Zach on November 13, 2007 at 6:07 PM

Odds are long, folks, but unseating an incumbent can be done. Unseating a powerful incumbent can be done, and has been done before. I’m from South Dakota, so you can just ask Tom Daschle about the value of incumbency.

gryphon202 on November 13, 2007 at 6:11 PM

When Lindsey Graham natters on about telling the bigots American people to shut up, remind him that his policies let a Hizballah mole get here and stay here.

dont let the door hit ya where the lord split ya

Mojack420 on November 13, 2007 at 6:20 PM

I’d even vote for a democrat before i’d vote for that open-borders idiot!

TheSitRep on November 13, 2007 at 6:22 PM

“We gon’ tell the voters to shut up.”

aengus on November 13, 2007 at 6:24 PM

But it can be done. Believe, Buddy.

Damn right it can be done. You just wait until Whitherspoon starts running ads with the video of Graham “telling the bigots to shut up” regarding a lightning rod of an issue. Adding the Hezbollah mole story to the mix is just gasoline on the fire.

thirteen28 on November 13, 2007 at 6:27 PM

RINO purge. On.

Zach on November 13, 2007 at 6:07 PM

Perhaps we could be a little more nuanced here. It’s not that Graham is a RINO. Graham is a pretty right wing guy. It’s that Graham is on the wrong side of important issue and that he compounded the problem by insulting the majority of Americans who disagree with him. I don’t think it’s simply that I’m a moderate Republican is why I’d vote Claire McCaskill(D-MO) before a pro-illegal Republican. It’s because of the importance I put on this issue.

thuja on November 13, 2007 at 6:29 PM

thuja on November 13, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Word.

The Race Card on November 13, 2007 at 6:36 PM

Buddy Witherspoon Has my vote….. and I just emailed Senor Grahamnesty to tell him that.

ericire12 on November 13, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Witherspoon, an orthodontist, is known as an arch-conservative

What exactly are the qualifications for being an “arch-conservative” anyway? Is there some kind of Arch-Conservative Lab in Houston that gives out official logos for that sort of thing?

If not, we oughta start one. That’s a money-making business right there.

ScottMcC on November 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM

thuja on November 13, 2007 at 6:29 PM

He’s been McVain’s poodle on a number of issues where McVain gleefully stabbed conservatives in the back.

Gang of 14, anyone?

thirteen28 on November 13, 2007 at 7:06 PM

We are with you Buddy!

CrimsonFisted on November 13, 2007 at 7:18 PM

I wish I could vote there!

JellyToast on November 13, 2007 at 7:30 PM

Throw him out and never let him come back!

boomer on November 13, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Goober, the Senate’s comedian, had made it quite plain which side of the Rio Grande he prefers when he managed the immigration bill.

I’ve heard him speak about our founding fathers and what they went through to create this country, but then he turns around and attempts to un-create it.

Luckily, when the public realized what the bill would do they jumped on him like a hound dog on a possum, and since then he has been backing and filling trying to save his job.

pocomoco on November 13, 2007 at 7:59 PM

I’m not from South Carolina, but I will throw some support to Mr. Witherspoon. We need to send a message to all RINO’s. And this is the most effective way to do it.

conservnut on November 13, 2007 at 7:59 PM

I moved to SC from Minnesota. Imagine my suprise at the likes of Graham and Inglis. I do not expect to have ageement on all issues with my representatives but I do expect a modicum of agreement on critical issues such as illegal immigration, up down votes on supremes, lower court appointees, campain finance and global warming. Did you intelectually superior individuals ever hear of the bell curve? Higer and lower temperatures make up the average. I will be sending money to Mr. Witherspoon.

chicken thief on November 13, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Sorry, didn’t have time to read all the comments, but where do I sign up to support Mr. Witherspoon. BTW, I’m from Texas, where we get the great influx of illegals before they spread to other states.

Neocon Peg on November 13, 2007 at 9:34 PM

Lou Suh.

(As they say down South.)

Mr. Lou Suh.

profitsbeard on November 13, 2007 at 9:45 PM

conservnut on November 13, 2007 at 7:59 PM

Good point.

RHINOs like Lindsey Graham should be challenged in the GOP primary for their willingness to reward law-breakers with the gift of USA citizenship.

There are some key points we need to stress about defeating Lindsey Graham:

1.) the GOP needs to unite around a single challenger to oppose Graham, instead of the current 3 or 4 challengers who will only cause the Graham opposition to be divided, leading to a victory by the Rhino himself in the primary.
2.) the GOP opposition needs to stress that we are in favor of “Legal Immigration,” and that the rule of law is really at the core of the oppositon.
3.) Remind people that illegal immigration is a national security issue.

ColtsFan on November 13, 2007 at 11:34 PM

“arch-conservative”… Bwa!Ha!Ha!…

Just say no to Ghramnesty… and purge enough of them (preferably all) to send a message. Do you Job!

BadBrad on November 14, 2007 at 6:55 AM

ColtsFan on November 13, 2007 at 11:34 PM

And may I add:

4) Remind people of the adject failure of the 1986 amnesty deal.

5) Stress the unfairness of amnesty toward legal immigrants.

Bigfoot on November 14, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Graham’s embarrassed the GOP enough-beat him and get him off the stage.

Doug on November 14, 2007 at 11:00 AM

And may I add:

4) Remind people of the adject failure of the 1986 amnesty deal.

5) Stress the unfairness of amnesty toward legal immigrants.

Bigfoot on November 14, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Excellent points.

Concerning 4.)

Numbers USA says there has been 7 amnesties passed since 1986. I do not think the general public knows that.

ColtsFan on November 14, 2007 at 12:54 PM

RINO purge. On.

Zach on November 13, 2007 at 6:07 PM

what’sseveang hee is that grahm’s is a CofCC guy with past KKK membership. so, “rino” = not racist i guess.

eh on December 4, 2008 at 10:01 AM