Jimmy Carter, cat slayer

posted at 3:17 pm on November 7, 2007 by Bryan

Don’t let the 39th president near small furry animals of any kind. Not rabbits. Certainly not cats.

5/13/90

To Sybil,

Lamentably, I killed your cat while trying just to sting it. It was crouched, as usual, under one of our bird feeders & I fired from some distance with bird shot. It may ease your grief somewhat to know that the cat was buried properly with a prayer & that I’ll be glad to get you another of your choice.

I called & came by your house several times. We will be in the Dominican Republic until Thursday. I’ll see you then.

Love, Jimmy

There’s a photo of the letter, which is sure to be posted alongside Carter’s mug shot at The Smoking Gun any day now, at the link.

“…crouched, as usual, under one of our bird feeders…” How typical: He’s blaming his victim.

I just want to know — why on earth was he trying to “sting” the cat with a shotgun? Bird shot isn’t BBs — it’s meant to kill birds.

Notice also that he buried the evidence of his crime as quickly as he could. Too bad we can’t bury the evidence of his presidency.

Comments

Wasn’t this a Family Guy episode?

Kowboy on November 7, 2007 at 3:19 PM

I’ll be glad to get you another of your choice.

That line is one of the most revealing to me… as if he has no clue that people have bonds to their INDIVIDUAL pets. Eh, I’ll just getcha another one and we’ll call it even.

Seriously. And everyone knows you hit a kit with a squirt gun to teach them lessons, not “bird shot”. Not only does the squirt gun technique work, it’s hilarious to watch the cat react when he gets hit.

RightWinged on November 7, 2007 at 3:22 PM

That man was a national disater worse than Hurricanes Katrina x Andrew.

omnipotent on November 7, 2007 at 3:22 PM

If only the Islamic savages were just furry animals. Jimmah would be my man.

Jimmah, you’re my boy!

OhEssYouCowboys on November 7, 2007 at 3:23 PM

It’s called “Puttin’ The BBs to ‘em” in Maine.

Too bad Iranians aren’t cute and helpless, or he would have taken care of world terror thirty years ago.

Wasn’t this a Monty Python sketch? Jimmy and The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

Lobeth he at the Killer rabbit (that rabbit is dynamite!!)

Hening on November 7, 2007 at 3:24 PM

RightWinged on November 7, 2007 at 3:22 PM

I had one jump straight up, turn around, and run smack into the tree behind it. The sound was really loud and the cat ran off zig-zagging into the woods. I laughed all day thinking about it.

Kowboy on November 7, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Poor cat must have been a zionist oppressor…

Rick on November 7, 2007 at 3:26 PM

To Americans,

Lamentably, I damn-near destroyed your country while trying just to run it…

amerpundit on November 7, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Asshat of the Century.

Any century.

profitsbeard on November 7, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Oh man, I just caught myself – Islamic savages ARE furry animals!

Jimmah, you’re my boy!

OhEssYouCowboys on November 7, 2007 at 3:30 PM

He learned how to kill from the best: Arafat!

Mindcrime on November 7, 2007 at 3:30 PM

I’m not surprised that the man killed someone else’s household pet (although I’d have expected him to do this by building a poorly constructed shelter for the pet that collapsed or caught fire).

I am rather surprised that he is in favor of the private ownership of firearms.

morganfrost on November 7, 2007 at 3:30 PM

It was probably a .410 shotgun. Jimmy couldn’t handle the kick of a 12 guage.

saiga on November 7, 2007 at 3:32 PM

I am rather surprised that he is in favor of the private ownership of firearms.

morganfrost on November 7, 2007 at 3:30 PM

He is. For him and people like him. But for the rest of us heathens, no.

Kowboy on November 7, 2007 at 3:32 PM

Wasn’t this a Family Guy episode?

Kowboy on November 7, 2007 at 3:19 PM

If not, it ought to be. Too funny!

CP on November 7, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Huh. I guess Carter isn’t all bad.

Hollowpoint on November 7, 2007 at 3:33 PM

It was probably a .410 shotgun. Jimmy couldn’t handle the kick of a 12 guage.

saiga on November 7, 2007 at 3:32 PM

It was probably a .22 with bird shot shells. He thought 2 feet was far enough away to not hurt the poor kitty.

Kowboy on November 7, 2007 at 3:34 PM

I wonder if he had to do th “coup de gras” with his boy scout knife?

saiga on November 7, 2007 at 3:35 PM

“Lamentably, Sybil.. I did the same thing to Billy years ago but he lived”.

My Bad, Jimmah

GoodBoy on November 7, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Maybe a couple of cans of Billy Beer might ease the pain.

saiga on November 7, 2007 at 3:36 PM

Jimmah the Executioner ….

“It may ease your grief somewhat to know that the cat was buried properly”

Can someone help me here? Just what is involved in proper cat burial etiquette?

fogw on November 7, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Dominican Republic?

He must have been down there for this!

Brat on November 7, 2007 at 3:38 PM

Can someone help me here? Just what is involved in proper cat burial etiquette?

fogw on November 7, 2007 at 3:37 PM

A hole.

Kowboy on November 7, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Can someone help me here? Just what is involved in proper cat burial etiquette?

fogw on November 7, 2007 at 3:37 PM

A blender, I believe. Or a meat grinder.

Mindcrime on November 7, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Carter, the face of the dimocratic party, is a confessed killer of a family pet. It was only his ignorance that caused the cat’s death. His ignorance has been excused for the majority of his life so why not now. This twit actually expects it. Will this man ever just go away?

volsense on November 7, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Pet Carter in a live Tiger cage, paybacks a bitc*. whole-arse.

what’s wrong with the weblogawards voting website?
I think any IP that previously voted for a conservative is blocked, all libs are getting thru.

shooter on November 7, 2007 at 3:40 PM

One less cat, better for mankind.

I came by several times he writes. Why not leave a note to ask them to call him immediately. Typical politician, never in the wrong. And if in the wrong, other circumstances created it.
Guess he learned from the rabbit not to get to close.

It may ease your grief somewhat to know that the cat was buried

Probably buried still alive.

right2bright on November 7, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Huh. I guess Carter isn’t all bad.

Hollowpoint on November 7, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Hmmm I don’t know. He was shooting it to keep it away from birds and to me birds are equally abhorrent.

liberrocky on November 7, 2007 at 3:41 PM

volsense on November 7, 2007 at 3:39 PM

The seeds of Socialism are ignorance and illiteracy. The ignorant and the illiterate are easily led. There’s a reason that our public schools prefer handing out condoms to 11 year olds, instead of teaching them … anything.

OhEssYouCowboys on November 7, 2007 at 3:44 PM

WTF?! I have a neighborhood cat that dumps under my window, I hit it with the garden hose and its all good… Couldn’t this spineless turd have gotten some water, or some animal repelant, or even a bb or airsoft gun? WTF?!

One more reason I hate Jimmy Carter.

liquidflorian on November 7, 2007 at 3:45 PM

Maybe that’s what he was doing

Bad Candy on November 7, 2007 at 3:47 PM

Carter should have been consulted by Bill and Hillary when they were trying to make up excuses for their crimes…..

Lamentably, I killed your cat Vince Foster while trying just to sting it him.

It Monica was crouched, as usual, under one of our bird feeders…..

It may ease your grief somewhat to know that the cat was buried properly with a prayer far more people weren’t killed during the 9/11/01 atrocities than could have been had Al Gore continued my policies of treating terrorism like crimes.
I called & came by your house searched for those billing records for several times years.

highhopes on November 7, 2007 at 3:48 PM

The letter was dated 05/20/1990. Sybil is/was Billy’s widow. I wonder if they still speak.
I’d also bet he killed it in anger and was trying to cover up. But what do I know?

marks on November 7, 2007 at 3:48 PM

This is why Hillary’s documents need to be released!!!

How many cats do you think we’d find out there????

HarryStar on November 7, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Why do I keep imagining a wrapped-up cat on the roof of the Carter family truckster. Like on Family Vacation? Only, Jimmah is on the way to unload the cat at the Sybil household.

OhEssYouCowboys on November 7, 2007 at 3:51 PM

He mistook the cat for being Jewish.

foxforce91 on November 7, 2007 at 3:52 PM

CARTER LIED, PUDDY TAT DIED!

Mindcrime on November 7, 2007 at 3:54 PM

He is clueless in soooo many ways! “Oh, I killed your cat/dog/horse/country’s reputation. I’ll just get you a new one!”

Taking bets on when the DUmmies start with the inevitable Carter / Cheney jokes.

lan astaslem on November 7, 2007 at 3:55 PM

HarryStar on November 7, 2007 at 3:49 PM:

This is why Hillary’s documents need to be released!!!
How many cats do you think we’d find out there????

LMAO!!!

lan astaslem on November 7, 2007 at 3:56 PM

“Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them” Sura 9:5

I guess ole’ Jimmy thought the cat was a non-adherent to the religion he is a stout apologist of.

Leonidas Hoplite on November 7, 2007 at 3:58 PM

Lamentably, I killed your cat while trying just to sting it.

Please dear God, I don’t often ask you for anything, but can you please, please, please arrange a hunting trip for that phony Christian POS with Dick Cheney?

If that won’t work then please, please, please have that phony Christian POS come wandering by my place late at night while I am test firing BeeHive rounds from my 105 howitzer.

Thank you in advance God.

MB4 on November 7, 2007 at 3:58 PM

Jimmeh is a douch — no doubt about that. But shooting animals is not something that Republicans don’t do. Cheney openly hunts.

AlexB on November 7, 2007 at 3:58 PM

AlexB-

When “killing your neighbor’s pet” becomes “hunting” then we’re in the Bill Clinton thesaurus zone.

profitsbeard on November 7, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Holy crap! If he did that to my g/f’s cat–any of her pets–she’d stick a knife in him. Literally. And she’s a hippie. Of course then I know who’d end up helping to dispose of the body, but I’ve been wanting to buy that wood-chipper anyway.

Giving that man a Nobel Peace Prize is just a neverending source of irony, isn’t it?

ReubenJCogburn on November 7, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Cheney openly hunts

Only out of spite towards the living…I hunt for vengeance and bloody dominion over planet earth…how about you?

Ochlan on November 7, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Can someone help me here? Just what is involved in proper cat burial etiquette?
fogw on November 7, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Disguised in the trench just before pouring the footing of a Habitat house.

eeyore on November 7, 2007 at 4:08 PM

she’d stick a knife in him. Literally. And she’s a hippie

No way…the smell of patchouli oil would give her away before she got within striking distance ;-)

Ochlan on November 7, 2007 at 4:09 PM

I also find it curious (killed the cat don’t y’know) that ol’ Jimmuh refers to his sister-in-law’s cat (who obviously lives nearby if not on the same property) as “your cat”. Why doesn’t he know it’s name?

marks on November 7, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Training cats with a shotgun? Jimmah’s been dippin’ in ‘da peanut testae brandy again. Nice to see he’s such a sentimental SOB.

Maybe the Ex-Pres could launch a new “Wild Kingdom” show where he blasts a different carnivore every week just before it leaps on some poor defenseless herbivore.

T J Green on November 7, 2007 at 4:18 PM

AlexB on November 7, 2007 at 3:58 PM

I believe he hunts game, not pets.

Blacklake on November 7, 2007 at 4:20 PM

If I had been a Secret Service officer protecting Jimmy Carter on that fateful day, I would have definitely lost my job. There is no way I could have held back the laughter.

Matticus Finch on November 7, 2007 at 4:20 PM

No lust for that pussy …. cat, of course.

fogw on November 7, 2007 at 4:20 PM

RightWinged on November 7, 2007 at 3:22 PM

A few years ago my daughter thought a cat was stuck in our tree and wanted me to get it down. I told her that if a cat can get up a tree on its own, it can certainly get down on its own. She didn’t believe me, so I decided to demonstrate …with a waterhose. It was an amusing lesson for all!

Wish I could use a hose on people who let their cats roam in the first place, though. There are many dangers for a pet running around outdoors: cars, other animals, diseases, and of course, Jimmy Carter.

VerbumSap on November 7, 2007 at 4:22 PM

I thought this was satire when I first read this. Are you frickin serious???

Jimmy Carter truly is the worst President in History!

Scorched_Earth on November 7, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Katz is a Jewish name. Can we work in an anti-semitism angle here? I mean, because it’s always appropriate for the man.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on November 7, 2007 at 4:33 PM

If he wanted the cat to move why didn’t he just yell at it instead of blasting it with a shotgun?

GogglesPisano on November 7, 2007 at 4:37 PM

I thought Jimmah was a divine being.

Couldn’t he have just resurrected it?

BacaDog on November 7, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Of couse a bitter, spiteful old man is going to be hanging around bird-feeders waiting for a chance to pop Fluffy.
Just be glad he’s only a Liberal.

NellE on November 7, 2007 at 4:44 PM

President Jimmy “Curiosity” Carter

cadetwithchips2 on November 7, 2007 at 4:46 PM

[Attila (Pillage Idiot) on November 7, 2007 at 4:33 PM]

Yeah, Jimmy gets confused sometimes during his fits of lusting in the heart. You just have to gently remind him it’s apes and pigs he hates, not cats and rabbits.

Dusty on November 7, 2007 at 4:57 PM

When I think of Jimmy Carter I always think of that scene in The Holy Grail with the killer rabbit.

aengus on November 7, 2007 at 5:06 PM

GogglesPisano on November 7, 2007 at 4:37 PM

I’m sure he was using a .22 with shot shells in it. They are much smaller shot than in an actual shotgun shell and are only effective at very close range. As far as being surprised about Jimmuh being in favor of individual gun ownership…only for individuals in the ruling elite.

Barntender on November 7, 2007 at 5:11 PM

I’m no fan of Jimmy Carter, but why rag on him for accidentally killing a cat? Good gawd, we can be such petty biatches.

paul006 on November 7, 2007 at 5:14 PM

So were the Police involved? If I discharged a shotgun I would have 5 Police Cars around my house in 10 mins. (with their weopons drawn).

I hope the owner of the Cat has him prosecuted to the full extent of the Law.

CloneTrooper on November 7, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Paul, I am a gun owner and staunch defender of our rights under the 2nd amendment, but you can’t “accidentally kill a a cat” by firing a shotgun at it. I don’t know what that is, exactly, but it’s not an accident.

Jaibones on November 7, 2007 at 5:22 PM

I assure you, if you go out a shoot a cat, you are going to jail. Even accidently, you will go to jail.
Ever been to a cooking class in Palm Beach Jimmy?

A West Palm Beach teen that killed a kitten by cooking it in an oven has been sentenced to three years in jail.As part of a deal worked out with prosecutors,

Weren’t you visiting friends in Texas Jimmy?

Yet another cat was found mutilated Wednesday evening, bringing the total to a dozen cats killed or mutilated in San Antonio in just the past three weeks. What’s even more surprising is that investigators now say they believe just one person is responsible for all the killing – a serial cat killer.

“We must clean up society”, Jimmy was quoted.

A mother-of-three who killed the family’s cat by deliberately putting it in a washing machine has been jailed.

But then he likes China:

Chinese press has been giving to a nasty video that’s appeared on the Internet of a woman in a slinky dress crushing to death a cat with her stiletto-heeled shoes. Apparently some people find this sexually exciting.

Wait till the cold weather sets in:

A THUG who left a wet kitten on a radiator so hot it suffered burns and blisters all over its body has been jailed

Just in time for Iowa to choose their nominee.

Last month, a Des Plaines man who kicked his neighbor’s 9-week- old kitten to death was slapped with a six-month jail sentence.

right2bright on November 7, 2007 at 5:37 PM

Cheney openly hunts.

To the best of my knowledge he only hunts lawyers and I noticed that only the left was upset about that.

Shooting a cat with a shotgun and calling it’s death an accident is on par with Clinton’s Waco accident. Some children grow up and learn that there are consequences for their actions and the one’s that won’t stay Democrats.

Buzzy on November 7, 2007 at 5:41 PM

oops, I think that is Illinois not Iowa.

right2bright on November 7, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Typical libs;

Dear Madame,
Lamentably while acting as your 13 year old granddaughters physician I bored a small hole thru you full-term grandchild’s skull thru which I inserted a tool and sucked his brains out while the child was still in utero. It may ease your grief somewhat to know that the Childs brainless carcass was tossed into the hospital incinerator.

Don’t worry she can still have another kid of any color.
I’ll be golfing at St Andrews till Thursday.

Love,
Doctor Lib

TheSitRep on November 7, 2007 at 5:44 PM

I’d rather go Hunting with Dick Cheney than Jimmah Carter.

BKennedy on November 7, 2007 at 5:44 PM

Be berry berry quiet, I huntin wabbits jooooooossss

Kini on November 7, 2007 at 5:54 PM

Why not use good old fashioned rock salt or some sea salt. Oh wait, that involves actually knowing how to reload shells.

deadbackpacker on November 7, 2007 at 9:34 PM

So on top of everything else, he kills cats?

What a jackass.

Meryl Yourish on November 7, 2007 at 9:36 PM

deadbackpacker on November 7, 2007 at 9:34 PM

As I recall, Granny on The Beverly Hillbillies loaded up with rock salt and bacon rinds. Which would be handy, because that way she could chase off animals and/or jihadists. But I repeat myself.

ReubenJCogburn on November 7, 2007 at 9:43 PM

He was trying to prove his manhood to Rosalynn one more time.

For him, not even this incident finds a lower rung on the ladder of disgust. He had arrived at bottom low a long time ago.

Huh. I guess Carter isn’t all bad.

Hollowpoint on November 7, 2007 at 3:33 PM

These are fightin’ words…

Entelechy on November 7, 2007 at 10:28 PM

ReubenJCogburn on November 7, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Yeah, I guess he’s willing to risk the animal rights award from PETA….

….since the bottom of the note contained what looks like a recipe…

1 cat cut into roast
1 can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cube of beef bouillon
1 clove of garlic
1 Fine Irish Stout, a lot like a popular dark Irish Beer®

91Veteran on November 7, 2007 at 11:19 PM

I won’t make it easy for you-go find/buy Steven Wright’s new album, listen to “The Kitten Song”
and
thank me later.

Doug on November 8, 2007 at 1:10 AM

I really, really like cats.

Anti-semitic pro-terror pathetic moron failed Presidents, not so much.

Frankly, this is one of those “vomit on the crap cake” kind of things.

Merovign on November 8, 2007 at 2:19 AM

I say we go easy on the geizer and only lock him up for 6 months. That’d be fair.

Rugged Individual on November 8, 2007 at 2:22 AM

This resolves one issue. If you were a pet, would you rather be tied on the roof of a van and driven sixty miles an hour down the highway with Mitt Romney at the wheel, or sit under Jimmy Carter’s bird feeder?

Case closed.

I would beg to be tied on the roof of the van. I would rather pee all over that van even if the winds whipped it back on me than sit five minutes under Jimmey Carter’s bird feeder while ole Jimmy is loading that double barrel to give me a little zip.

entagor on November 8, 2007 at 2:31 AM

AH HA! Now we know who was ghost illustrating under the names “Simon Bond” and “Andy Riley”. I guess Jimmuh had been researching for this book and this book for years.

csdeven on November 8, 2007 at 5:03 AM

Anybody seen Sox lately?

tgillian on November 8, 2007 at 7:17 AM

Look to PETA to find an excuse not to protest this.

davod on November 8, 2007 at 8:28 AM

I can’t get past the image of Carter, liberal saint-elect, sitting on his back porch like some NASCAR yahoo, clinging to his shotgun while shooting up the yard, with one of the last cases of Billy Beer by his side.

curved space on May 16, 2011 at 7:37 AM