Kerry says he has the goods on those eeevil Swift Boaters

posted at 2:58 pm on November 6, 2007 by Bryan

And only three years after he could have used it to save his candidacy! With that kind of speed and decisiveness, Waffles would have made a swell CINC.

Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, perhaps preparing to get back into the presidential ring one day, claims he’s now armed with materials that will make war record critics from his 2004 presidential campaign go running tail between legs.

The 63-year-old Democratic senator told The Patriot-Ledger on Tuesday that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a group of Navy servicemen who served with Kerry and criticized his record in Vietnam, will be revealed as liars.

“We have put together a documented portfolio that frankly puts their lies in such a total light of absurdity and indecency, that should they ever rear their ugly heads again, we have every single ‘t’ crossed and ‘i’ dotted, and I welcome that in a sense,” Kerry said after addressing Boston’s South Shore Chamber of Commerce. “It’s a shame we weren’t able to produce all that at the time.”

No one got to ask him to put up or shut up, so he didn’t do either one. And he still hasn’t released his military personnel record either.

Comments

John Kerry: I’m Now Prepared to Fight Off Swift Boat Veterans

In Related News:

Walter Mondale: I’m Now Able to Beat Reagan
Gore: I’ve Now Got the Votes to Win Against Bush

amerpundit on November 6, 2007 at 3:02 PM

The fool has finally caught on… as a Democrat he can say anything without confrontation.

Griz on November 6, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Other Tom at Just One Minute has been in contact with the author of the article.

I e-mailed the author of the article yesterday, telling him that he could invite Kerry to open a dossier on me if he wanted to, and that if he ever runs again and promotes himself on the basis of his war record, I’d be waiting for him and armed with plenty of facts.

The guy e-mailed me back and asked me to call him, which I did this morning, and we had a long conversation, which I followed up with an e-mail. If you get that paper and he writes any follow-up, please post something about it. (If he quotes me, I’m the guy from Coronado.)

Sue on November 6, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Halp me, Im stuk in Veeyetnom.

James on November 6, 2007 at 3:03 PM

And he still hasn’t released his military personnel record either.

What is it with Dems and records?

They’re all like vampires. The light of day scares them to death.

BacaDog on November 6, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Maybe he will release his medical and military records at the same time he releases the truth about the swift-boaters.

What an obnoxious turd this AH is!

OBX Pete on November 6, 2007 at 3:04 PM

Let’s hope this report includes making public all of Kerry’s Pentagon records that he must consent to making public.

gabriel sutherland on November 6, 2007 at 3:05 PM

What is it with Dems and records?

BacaDog on November 6, 2007 at 3:03 PM

They’re afraid the American people will compare their rhetoric with their record. The two don’t mix…

amerpundit on November 6, 2007 at 3:05 PM

If Kerry hasn’t learned his lesson then he had better get ready to be trashed again. Kerry wasn’t in Vietnam long enough to even qualify for R&R and personally I’m sick of listening to his crap.

rplat on November 6, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Right, ans Santa Claus is coming to town next month too!

TheBigOldDog on November 6, 2007 at 3:06 PM

Yakkity-yakkity-yak.

Always Right on November 6, 2007 at 3:07 PM

It took him three years to remember the password to the iMac that he used to keep his diary and webcam files from when he was in ‘Nam.

Now he keeps the files in a steel safe, because even fire can’t melt steel.

pedestrian on November 6, 2007 at 3:08 PM

Right, and Santa Claus is coming to town next month too!

TheBigOldDog on November 6, 2007 at 3:06 PM

I say it’s more like The Great Pumpkin…more than one person really believes in Santa Claus.

James on November 6, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Pathetic.

Mig on November 6, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Still no denial that what the Swift boat Vets presented was untrue, just the threat of personal attacks on private citizens who dare to stand up and say anything negative about treasonous liberals.

Most ethical Congress evah.

“We have put together a documented tinfoil portfolio

Speakup on November 6, 2007 at 3:11 PM

“It’s a shame we weren’t able to produce all that (my Military records) at the time.”

Yes, Bryan nailed it – release your Military records, weasel.

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 3:11 PM

He can’t “put up or shut up.” He says he’s got the evidence to get rid of the Swift Boaters, but since the Hollywood writers are on strike, it’s all talk, no action.

Qzsusy on November 6, 2007 at 3:11 PM

Oh, and every time he makes news I have this “Mrs. Heinz opened the doggie house door again” vision in front of me.

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 3:13 PM

This could have been our CinC? Swift!

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 3:14 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, John Kerry-Heinz – I wonder if they can still hear his anti-American voice, pinging thru the PA system in the Hanoi Hilton?

OhEssYouCowboys on November 6, 2007 at 3:14 PM

Kerry campaign stump speach, 2004:
“I served in Viet Nam, and I served in Viet Nam, and I served in Viet Nam, and I served in Viet Nam. So when I say I served in Viet Nam, it means that I served in Viet Nam. And serving in Viet Nam, I served in Viet Nam.”

crazy_legs on November 6, 2007 at 3:15 PM

Don’t sing it, bring it. Spineless douche.

ReubenJCogburn on November 6, 2007 at 3:15 PM

And that wasn’t me dressed as a gigantic sperm cell either!

By the way, can I get me a huntin’ license here?

At last we now have a real horse race for the most pathetic Democratic Presidential candidates of all time. Mondale is still leading Dukakis by a neck, but Kerry is making his move along the rail……

Alamo on November 6, 2007 at 3:16 PM

Laugh laugh until my sides split. Democrats sure do need an excuse for failure, anything but themselves.

Maybe if Kerry didn’t sound like a treasonous dupe in those 1970s videos, he would have done better.

tarpon on November 6, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 3:13 PM

I’m sure Mr. Heinz has kept and will continue to keep the Mrs. in her padded cell for some time – or at the very least, keep the liquor cabinet locked.

Rick on November 6, 2007 at 3:17 PM

I’m sure the Swift Boaters are shaking in their boots

Defector01 on November 6, 2007 at 3:19 PM

So he has a portfolio of documents that will disprove what the Swift Boat Veterans contend but he won’t show it to anybody? Does he keep the portfolio in his magic cap?

Queasy on November 6, 2007 at 3:19 PM

Just release your records, Johnny Nuance, and then we’ll talk.

JammieWearingFool on November 6, 2007 at 3:21 PM

isn’t all Kerry saying is that he has a a plan to make the Swift boaters look like liers and dunces? Hell, thats just PR spin. Now if he could show us his record, and it supports his claims thats a different story.

Course it may esemble the rather gate memo…

Wyrd on November 6, 2007 at 3:21 PM

I question the timing. He must be trying to distract us from something… oh wait, everyone stopped caring three years ago. He’s just a dolt.

Wineaholic on November 6, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Can someone please tell me — why on earth do the people of Massachusetts keep re-electing the “gay duel” — Kennedy & Kerry? I can’t believe a well education population will keep electing these too. Are they just morons?

Wuptdo on November 6, 2007 at 3:23 PM

The very idea of Kerry running for POTUS again is just so wonderful – I can’t think of anything better.

The man is lost, he has no stature in the Congress, his life has reached its apogee and he knows it, and that’s where this is coming from.

He is lost in his soul.

Poor sad man.

jake-the-goose on November 6, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Every-time I see that creepy picture I think he is picking his nose.

Topsecretk9 on November 6, 2007 at 3:30 PM

“We have put together a documented portfolio

Does anyone know who he means by “we”?????

swami on November 6, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Where has Kerry spent more time?

A. Active duty in Vietnam
B. Fighting off Swiftboaters
C. The Botox Clinic

fogw on November 6, 2007 at 3:34 PM

I don’t think the Dems want him to raise his ugly head (and issue) at this time. I have a feeling they will shut him up. If not, it is payday for us. He can’t win this battle, he lost it once, he’ll lose it again.

right2bright on November 6, 2007 at 3:34 PM

“It’s a shame we weren’t able to produce all that at the time.”

Meaning what? They couldn’t produce excuses quick enough to keep up with real military folks who spoke out against his faux war hero status?

I note that Kerry doesn’t actually throw out his evidence but simply says he has it ready to go should those evil SWIFTies reemerge to question his patriotism. I suspect that it is because it is more of the same crap he pulled during the campaign. Stuff like “that charge is clearly false because the Medal of Honor winner making it wasn’t standing right beside me at that very moment I claim I nearly took out Ho Chi Mihn with a rubber band, a paper clip, and a supply of Tic Tacs.”

highhopes on November 6, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Just sigh form 180!!

He never will, ’cause then the real truth would come out. Not just a bunch of crap he put together.

WildcatFan on November 6, 2007 at 3:37 PM

So where is it? “We really socked it to those ramscallions! I don’t have it on me at the moment but I assure you we exposed every one of thier damnable lies! I left it in my other suit but if I had it, you’d see how I secretly went to Cambodia and defeated the Riddler in the manner of Jengis Khan…why I…I…I just had it here!”

ronsfi on November 6, 2007 at 3:40 PM

For the libs history only repeats itself when they wish it to do so, i.e. Kerry/swiftboats, Hillary/healthcare, B. Clinton/honor&loyalty, bla, bla, bla.

Of all the liberal politicians, A. Gore and J. Kerry are my ‘favorite’ ones. Of course, the Glacier is the meanest of them all. But these two are the easiest to mock.

Btw. that SNL about the Clintons was pretty funny and unexpected.

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 3:40 PM

John Kerry’s not so secret any longer MySpace entry:

Hi there fellow bloggers. My name is United States Senator John Forbes Kerry from the great state of Massachusetts. You can call me JFK if you want. I was born on December 11, 1943, although people tell me that I look at least 20 years younger. It’s probably my great hair and rugged good looks.

I graduated from Yale in June 1966 in the top 1% of my class. To earn extra money during the summers, I loaded trucks in a grocery warehouse and sold encyclopedias door to door. That is probably one of the reasons that I am so humble. Over my four years at Yale, I maintained a 96 grade average and received a 101 average in my senior year.

I am one of the most senior members of that grand and much loved and respected institution known as the U.S. Senate. Probably the only living Senator even a little bit greater than me is my dear friend Ted Moore Kennedy. I also have a very high IQ. Very high. At least 250 on a bad day. Much higher than that creep who stole the election from me. I know that he stole it because exit polls are never ever wrong.

I am also a great war hero. I set all kinds of records for heroism when I was in Vietnam. I was grievously wounded at least three times yet continued to insist on staying in the fight when lesser men would have given up. I won the bronze star with extra V’s for extra valor and the Silver Star for defeating a whole battalion of NVA with my bare hands. Sometimes I feel like a had to carry all the water for those other ungrateful swiftboaters.

I sometimes like to chill out after a long day of serving the American people by having a double martini with my good friend Ted. We usually have a servant bring 21 double martinis. I get one and Ted gets one for each of his fingers and each of his toes. Contrary to what some of my very few enemies say I never marry women for just their money. They must also have a pulse. BTW, did I mention that I was in Vietnam? I was also in Cambodia, so don’t forget that!

I would like to think that I am open minded, honest, polite, heroic and trustworthy. And I appreciate the same qualities in others although I am realistic enough to know that no one else could come close to me.

Who I’d like to meet:
…other progressive bloggers. Other great war heroes who hate that damn S-T-U-P-I-D Texan in the White House and those lying sons of bitcher swiftboat bastardos whose pants are on fire! Cool people who live close to Washington D.C. so that we can get together, talk about you for about 30 seconds and then spend about 9 hours talking about me. BTW, did I mention that I was in Vietnam and Cambodia? Just one more BTW, if anyone has found my magic hat please return to me.

MB4 on November 6, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Release your records moron…like you promised…oops…that dishonorable discharge is in there…now I get it…

areseaoh on November 6, 2007 at 3:42 PM

Who’ll be swifter to produce their documents?

A. Sandy Berger
B. John Forbes Kerry
C. Hillary Clinton

fogw, thanks for the idea :)

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 3:43 PM

This is just too much fun…forgot

D. Dan Rather

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 3:45 PM

MA has kerry and kennedy…Ohio has kucinich…three losers…three morons…

areseaoh on November 6, 2007 at 3:45 PM

areseaoh, we have Boxer,…Murtha…Craig…loooong list of weasels on both sides of the isle.

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 3:47 PM

Wait…Kerry served in Vietnam?

CP on November 6, 2007 at 3:47 PM

Once more, I am ashamed to live in the People’s Republic of Taxachusetts. Kerry is disgusting.

Mooseman on November 6, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Ugh. Pleeeze. Go. Away.

This doofus is like a liberal Frank Burns from M*A*S*H.

He probably would’ve been shot by his own guys if he stayed in ‘nam longer.

silverfox on November 6, 2007 at 3:53 PM

It’s election day, no wonder this moron came out to say something stupid.

Rick on November 6, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Gosh, I hope he runs so we can see his documented portfolio. Silky, Obama, Kucie are as stale as Quikiemart hotdogs and the Hillster’s campaign is becoming one long violation of the Geneva Conventions. Kerry’s counterattack on a Swift campaign would lighten the mood and provide laughs for months.

Alas, I think Kerry’s purpose, here, is to telegraph that he’s “ready to serve” as VP.

Dusty on November 6, 2007 at 4:18 PM

Who’s “we”?

All his intelligent college buddies who aren’t “stuck in Iraq”?

Hawkins1701 on November 6, 2007 at 4:20 PM

Hey now! Lets be fair to Kerry, His men would follow him anywhere, mostly out of morbid curiosity.

Or as a leftenant once put it:
“Eh? ‘e would be out o’ his depth in a wee puddle”

Wyrd on November 6, 2007 at 4:23 PM

How much of his wife’s money has he spent to try and rewrite history?

Three years is a long time to create find documents.

Does he honestly think anyone will change their minds on this issue?

reaganaut on November 6, 2007 at 4:29 PM

I bet his “portfolio” is a Hooverian intel gathering of compromising and potentially embarrassing information on the various Swift Boaters, which he will threaten them with if they dare to speak out again.

bspoogeferd on November 6, 2007 at 4:30 PM

We who served in the Vietnam era know the truth. Kerry was and most importantly is still a traitor. Many of us disagreed with the Vietnam policy during the draft. But unlike Kerry most of us even dissenters would not be in the rank and position to document our own disqualifying wounds or would have remotely thought about testifying against other soldiers trying to survive and calling them criminals and giving aid and comfort to the enemy.He’ll never release those records.

apostle53 on November 6, 2007 at 4:33 PM

and I’m still waiting for him to release his military records.

Sultry Beauty on November 6, 2007 at 4:36 PM

I’d say it’s too late for Waffles, as he’s already been laughed off the stage. But then again, I would have said that about Algore too.

petefrt on November 6, 2007 at 4:39 PM

“We have put together a documented portfolio

Does anyone know who he means by “we”?????

swami on November 6, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Dan Rather and Mary Mapes?

Larry746 on November 6, 2007 at 4:42 PM

OK? The field is wide open for some enterprising winger to create a Golden Moonbat Award.

From the “wingnut awards” link on headlines…I nominate John Forbes Kerry, for starters.

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 4:49 PM

apostle53 on November 6, 2007 at 4:33 PM

I was with ya brother. ’68-69. Complete ditto on your remarks.

mustang1 on November 6, 2007 at 4:49 PM

False but true! Dan Rather collected all the documents needed (go ahead check the font, I bought an antique typrwriter, so there!).

CloneTrooper on November 6, 2007 at 4:51 PM

This reminds me of Gore and his inability to just let.it.go.

csdeven on November 6, 2007 at 4:53 PM

This Prick’s Toadeys are suing the POWs who made the anti-Kerry TV ad. The Toadeys and their lizardoid lawyers are in the process of bankrupting these fine men. That this has not been at the forefront in the media is a disgrace.

davod on November 6, 2007 at 4:59 PM

How can Kerry possibly have the goods on the
Swift Boaters,because asking any Liberal a
question is tortue,the’ll dance sixteen ways
on sunday before you get an answer.

canopfor on November 6, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Who’ll be swifter to produce their documents?

A. Sandy Berger
B. John Forbes Kerry
C. Hillary Clinton

fogw, thanks for the idea :)

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 3:43 PM

Ah, item C. is already no longer a viable one, until after the election, one year from now.

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Griz on November 6, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Yup.

– The Cat

MirCat on November 6, 2007 at 5:11 PM

highhopes on November 6, 2007 at 3:37 PM

He obviously did not have access to the “Boy Scout with the pea shooter” or a shoe phone.

jdkchem on November 6, 2007 at 5:15 PM

This jacka** has turned into a regular “Punxsutawney Phil” coming out annually around Election Day to say something stupid. Wish he’d see his shadow and then stay in his hole.

Brat on November 6, 2007 at 5:18 PM

The only thing this guy has ever done is marry a rich widow. Theresa is his second checkbook marriage. As long as he keeps her “numbed up” she’s not going anywhere.

volsense on November 6, 2007 at 5:47 PM

So if the simple truth won’t defend you, there’s still hope. All you need is 3 years, a vast fortune, and an incurious press to take your word for it.

NellE on November 6, 2007 at 5:51 PM

And he still hasn’t released his military personnel record either.

There’s that damned Tim Russert again! Coercing promises from a war hero. What’s with that weasel? Didn’t he work for Mario Freakin’ Cuomo? Son-of-a-bitchin’ bastard!
sarc/off

thegreatbeast on November 6, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Jean Francois – Where is your DD-214??

MCPO Airdale on November 6, 2007 at 6:30 PM

that’s the problem with the republican smear machine. It takes no time to create smears and lots of time to correct them. Anyone with half a brain knew they were full of it during the campaign but they managed to muddy the waters enough to make a difference.

crr6 on November 6, 2007 at 7:27 PM

John Kerry should be encased in plastic and put in a museum, with a plaque on the wall beside him that just says: Typical Liberal.

To me, he is the prototypical liberal Democrat.

He is the reason I vote for the other side.

Children on field trips should file past his exhibit and study him.

Professor Blather on November 6, 2007 at 7:42 PM

crr6 on November 6, 2007 at 7:27 PM

And the rest of us with a whole brain knew they weren’t full of it.

Kerry muddied up the waters by his words and actions, in Vietnam, when he returned from Vietnam and ever since. He never needed any help from the Swiftboaters.

If he’s so innocent, why doesn’t he cough up his discharge papers ????

fogw on November 6, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Who’ll be swifter to produce their documents?
A. Sandy Berger
B. John Forbes Kerry
C. Hillary Clinton
fogw, thanks for the idea :)
Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 3:43 PM

Elvis will release another record before A, B or C will.

PatrickS on November 6, 2007 at 8:58 PM

I know, He left them in Cambodia one Christmas and it took him all this time to get back for them. See, now he will release them so we all know that the swift boat guy’s were lying the whole time.
Oh wait, Kerry had to change that “Christmas in Cambodia” story after the swiftboat vets proved it couldn’t be true…

Gwillie on November 6, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Already done, in the Vietnam War Museum, Hanoi.

Gwillie on November 6, 2007 at 9:55 PM

That sad thing is the poor pathetic kept man has spent every waken hour of the last 3 years formulating this statement.

TheSitRep on November 6, 2007 at 10:24 PM

And he still hasn’t released his military personnel record either.

Ah but I believe he will claim he has. I recall an article (maybe from the Globe) from some time ago in which two reporters said they were the ones chosen to view them in full.

Didn’t matter that either nitwit would know what they were looking at.

If you are so sure in your position Mr. John eFing Kerry, release them in full to the public.

91Veteran on November 6, 2007 at 11:05 PM

The papers must been sitting on a table in a wing of the mansion that they haven’t been in for three years. Or maybe Teresa went on a bender with her Gin-soaked raisins and buried them in the yard. Who knows?! The real conspiracy remains Roswell 1947! Roswell!

Neo on November 6, 2007 at 11:17 PM

crr6 on November 6, 2007 at 7:27 PM

Entelechy on November 6, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Wineaholic on November 6, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Same here. If he is so concerned about this, he should just release his full records to the public, otherwise, he should STFU.

91Veteran on November 6, 2007 at 11:32 PM

that’s the problem with the republican smear liberal fiction machine. It takes no time to create smears fiction and lots of time to correct them it. Anyone with half a (full) brain knew knows they were are full of it during the campaign but they managed to muddy the waters enough to make a difference. And, when all else fails, the liberal fiction machine will blame Bush for being the root cause of whatever problem the world is facing.
crr6 on November 6, 2007 at 7:27 PM

Rick on November 6, 2007 at 11:32 PM

I question the timing.

Is this traitor attempting to rehabilitate his image to make himself a more acceptable VP choice now that Hillbilly is too pissed at all her Democratic competition to consider asking any of them?

Lest we forget his 1971 “Winter Soldier” false statements about atrocities committed by our soldiers in Vietnam, here’s a clip from the video “Stolen Hours”

Jon Karry, u neede halp. u r a stoopid TRAYTER.

NightmareOnKStreet on November 7, 2007 at 12:30 AM

apostle53 on November 6, 2007 at 4:33 PM

The real outrage of the 2004 election was not that John Kerry attempted to use his service in Vietnam to win the presidency, but that the media let him almost get away with it.

The Swift Boat Veterans were nothing new. Anyone who followed New England politics, even casually, had to know that veterans had a real problem with John Kerry. They came out in force against him every time he was up for re-election. When the Swiftees showed up, it was just par for the course of any Kerry campaign. They were just more organized, and the presidential campaign made them more high profile than his opposition was in the past.

I was posting on a very liberal message board at the time, and the libs were all calling the Swiftees shills of the Bush White House and paid flunkies of the Republicans. But I knew that wasn’t true because it happened every time he ran for office. The only thing that surprised me was that Kerry was dumb enough to think that vets wouldn’t come out against him when he ran for president. The dumbest thing he did was make his service in Vietnam the cornerstone of his campaign. Didn’t he know it would happen again? How could he not know?

I knew veterans hated Kerry, but I didn’t know why. I thought it was because of his lying about throwing his medals away. That lie had been exposed years before and was well known. I didn’t know there was more to it than his anti-war activities which culminated in his throwing his medals, and then being caught in that lie.

Then I read his “testimony” on April 22, 1971. It wasn’t until I read that that I understood why he is so hated by veterans. Not only did the man lie about war crimes committed by his fellow service members, not only did the man lie while we still had soldiers being held captive as prisoners of war, and not only did the man exploit the wives of those prisoners of war for his own political gain, John Kerry admitted to committing treason on the floor of the Senate that day.

John Kerry has no business being a United States Senator. The man should be in a federal prison. No matter what spin he and his friends in the MSM let him get away with, his words that day will always vindicate not only the Swift Boat Vets, but all of the service members who served with honor.

Jaynie59 on November 7, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Lets start a pool on what is used to produce his documents…..?

Microsoft Word
Lotus Word Pro
OpenOffice.Org Writer
WordPad
Notepad

CrazyFool on November 7, 2007 at 1:14 AM

I do believe this idiot Senator believes his stink don’t smell.

oldelpasoan on November 7, 2007 at 2:26 AM

Kerry is married. He should keep his hands off their goods.

saved on November 7, 2007 at 6:51 AM

this story reminds me of that kid who use to start yelling how he would kick your ass when he was half a block away and you couldnt catch him.

Locrian on November 7, 2007 at 11:30 AM

He probably is keeping his new information in his brief case together with the CIA guys hat from the mission that never happened. The only explanation for all the “rope-a-dope” about releasing his service record is that it contains something really damaging. It is not too hard to speculate on what that might be.

duff65 on November 7, 2007 at 12:10 PM