Audio: NBC football goes green Plus Cowboys vs Eagles open thread

posted at 8:55 pm on November 4, 2007 by Bryan

Geez. Football used to be one of the few places on earth you could escape moonbattery and politics in general. But not anymore, at least not on NBC. Noooo. First they had to put Keith Olbermann in their coverage. And now they pull a lame green stunt on their pre-game show by turning off some lights. I wasn’t watching but AJ Rice of the Laura Ingraham Show caught it for us. Click to play.

Mister Irrelevant gives NBC the respect its greenish nonsense deserves.

NBC is totally about to change the world, brosephs. I mean, 20 minutes of having the lights off will completely override the energy spent on their countless HD cameras and whatever machine they’ve invited to keep John Madden semi-functional. ESPN should give this little plan a shot with their MNF Countdown show. It might make Suzy Kolber attractive.

I disagree with that last line. NBC should start by turning MSNBC off and leaving it that way. It’s not like anyone would notice.

By the way, I am watching the game now. With a whole bunch of lights on. W00t! Take that, Costas.

Update: AJ tells me in email that Matt Lauer is going to be on at half-time talking green from the Arctic. Geez. Matt. Lauer. This news prompts me to write an open letter to the NFL. Here it is.

Dear NFL,

Lose NBC. Now.

Thanks–

Hot Air

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

LOL Madden with the NE comment.

F15Mech on November 4, 2007 at 10:44 PM

Witten is one tough motha…shut yo mouth.

Old school with the no helmet and bloody nose and all.

Sammy316 on November 4, 2007 at 10:48 PM

150 hours of programming dedicated to green. How many carbon credits need to be purchased to film and broadcast a single hour of television?

I love watching liberals falling for the greatest marketing scam in history.

Well, I’ll love it until they actually get in the way of progress or raise my taxes.

reaganaut on November 4, 2007 at 10:51 PM

You whiners have no cred. I am 0 for 2008 on NBC.

Ain’t gonna do it — wouldn’t be prudent.

Jaibones on November 4, 2007 at 10:53 PM

Push ups after a dropped interception that would have been a gurranteed TD the same as a priest wearing a hair shirt for his sins?

Drtuddle on November 4, 2007 at 10:59 PM

“Turn out the lights…”

Bryan on November 4, 2007 at 11:14 PM

Night John boy.

sonnyspats1 on November 4, 2007 at 11:37 PM

Beyond stupid. Maybe if the writers actually strike, football can just be football without all the algore crap? :)

I was glad to see Dallas win. Not a big Cowboy fan, but dang those eagles play like a bunch of street thugs.

wytammic on November 4, 2007 at 11:45 PM

How much worse can Sunday Night Football get?

John Madden and Al Michaels are great, but Chris Collinsworth, Bob Costas, and Keith Olbermann are a hopelessly mismatched trio.

Both Costas and Collinsworth look like they’d rather be waterboarded than be on the same set with Keith Olbermann.

Mike Honcho on November 4, 2007 at 11:54 PM

How about those Cowboys !!!

If they can put on that same performance against the Giants, they have the division and conference locked up.

Excellent game all around.

TheFamousOne on November 5, 2007 at 12:08 AM

Uhhh…. Stupid.
As much as I love football sundays, I have been trying to avoid this crappy postgame/pregame show. Thanks for making it easier NBC. ESPN veers left too, but “NFL Primetime” was a much, much better option.

Dirthead on November 5, 2007 at 12:24 AM

How about those Cowboys !!!

Yep, how ’bout ‘em.

As for NBC, did I miss something, or is the world running out of electricity that NBC has to tell all of us to conserve it? Conserve energy, save the world, get an electric car…

Also, did anyone else notice how many children were vegetarians on that Chevy commercial? What are the odds of getting a random group of kids with the majority being vegetarians?

Rick on November 5, 2007 at 12:32 AM

Typical politically correct moonbat stupidity.

I laughed out loud. My apolitical buddy turned to me and said (and I quote) “this liberal ecofascism is out of control.”

I bough the next beer.

Ridiculous. Truly. Environmental extremism just jumped the shark. Only to a liberal does it make sense to turn off the studio lights while leaving a billion watts glowing at the stadium.

Duh.

And Jason Witten is a golden god.

Professor Blather on November 5, 2007 at 12:39 AM

/Giants fan

Yossarian on November 4, 2007 at 9:59 PM

Quite a Catch-.22. How appropriate.

Oh, and I predict you’re going to be very unhappy next week.

;)

Professor Blather on November 5, 2007 at 12:42 AM

I was on the phone with the sound down and thought it was part of a new “NBC: More in the dark than ever” promotion.

Karl on November 5, 2007 at 12:43 AM

I turned on an extra light at my place. I also took an extra long, really hot shower. I call them “carbon onsets”.

SouthernGent on November 5, 2007 at 1:16 AM

Philly played the whole game in the dark, how much did the conserve?

ajmontana on November 5, 2007 at 6:40 AM

Mike Honcho on November 4, 2007 at 11:54 PM

NBC has slunk to new depths, not recently thought possible. In an attempt to get ahead of the curve, I am trying to imagine where they are sinking next…but I can’t.

Jaibones on November 5, 2007 at 6:48 AM

CO2 is not a pollutant… Friggin enviro-nazis. Go live on a plantless planet and leave us sane people the frick alone.

Get off my internets and my tv. I can’t even watch the Simpsons without my political affiliation being attacked. WTF!!? They blew up a RNC convention, for laughs. Yuk yuk.

James on November 5, 2007 at 7:47 AM

Wonder how much they’d save if they turned all the lights off.

drjohn on November 5, 2007 at 7:58 AM

Dear Eagles…

BENCH MCNABB. NOW.

Mazztek on November 5, 2007 at 9:35 AM

Green is the new stupid.

infidel4life on November 4, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Well put.

petefrt on November 5, 2007 at 9:48 AM

Mazztek on November 5, 2007 at 9:35 AM

Dear Eagles,

Don’t listen to him.

-signed-

A grateful Cowboy fan.

Bryan on November 5, 2007 at 10:11 AM

Guys, before SNF and at half time, watch NFL Network Gameday with Rich Eisen, Coach Mariucci, and Primetime. They are much more entertaining and informative. Plus you don’t have to put up with the NBC CRAP!

countywolf on November 5, 2007 at 12:00 PM

Since this is an open thread, I’ve been trying to sign up on MM since there is open registration. The site says it has my email addy registered. News to me. But when I use the addy for help given at her site nothing works! Help!!!!!!!!

MNDavenotPC on November 5, 2007 at 2:40 PM