Video: The obligatory “Bush slams MoveOn, Code Pink” clip

posted at 3:18 pm on November 1, 2007 by Allahpundit

In case you missed it on Drudge, the meat man delivers a tender cut of prime red and the Heritage crowd goes wild. This isn’t the first time the White House has accused Congress of being in Code Pink’s clutches, which is a dynamite talking point but also nuanced in framing the funding debate as a case of the Democrats thwarting popular will on the war by catering to a minority sentiment. The polls suggest the opposite — although look closely, especially at the CBS data from mid-October, and you’ll see a little movement in the right direction. If the trend continues and CNN is still doing reports like this in three months, it’ll be interesting to see where things stand then. Not to mention the inevitable tack back towards hawkishness in Hillary’s rhetoric.

Comments

hey i recognize that guy! wasnt he president once?

zane on November 1, 2007 at 3:20 PM

That’s my Bush.

V15J on November 1, 2007 at 3:21 PM

I love that wink. Don’t mess with Texas…or Condi. The pinkooks went too far with that stunt.

Brat on November 1, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Hey, it’s a glimmer of Bush from earlier this decade.

I sure miss that guy.

MadisonConservative on November 1, 2007 at 3:24 PM

Wait……..I did see a backbone….I did…..I did…..

subbottomfeeder on November 1, 2007 at 3:26 PM

lol, I don’t understand why the Code Pinko socialist scum always manage their way into some kind of public forum. One was or the other

mainmann on November 1, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Was there a comma between “MoveOn.org” and “bloggers”?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on November 1, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Well said, Mr. President. More of this please. We like it when you push back.

CP on November 1, 2007 at 3:40 PM

See George? that really does work, and people respond. If you had done that sort of thing 3 and 7 years ago we would not have nearly had President Gore and President Kerry.

conservnut on November 1, 2007 at 3:49 PM

He needs to be harsh all the time on all opponents, not just in front of friendly audiences like the Heritage Foundation.

I think that what is most frustrtating about Bush’s two terms is that he is so inconsistently strong in defending his policies, his administration and just doing the Right Thing Democrat hand-wring be damned.

Neo on November 1, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Fantasy Bush statement: “Congress needs to sit down, shut up, get to work, and quit playing footsy with the leftist kooks in the Democrat Party who want America to lose!”

drunyan8315 on November 1, 2007 at 3:53 PM

Thanks Mr. President!

I think I can start calling you by your title again since you’re acting like it.

swami on November 1, 2007 at 3:54 PM

That’s it? A 45-second clip, mostly clapping? Dude. Dude.

Editor on November 1, 2007 at 3:56 PM

btw, that “Dude part is directed at the President.

Editor on November 1, 2007 at 3:57 PM

I prefer honest and forthright to harsh.

peacenprosperity on November 1, 2007 at 3:58 PM

Neo on November 1, 2007 at 3:50 PM

No, the idjit needs to be harsh on his enemies, instead, he keeps trying to make nice with his enemies and get in political wars with his natural base of support with his stupid fixation on amnesty.

Bad Candy on November 1, 2007 at 4:02 PM

It’s a small start. Still waiting for the prosecutions for treason. Until then, one must assume there is still too much underlying fear of the Left.

Halley on November 1, 2007 at 4:04 PM

More of this and watch GWB’s approval rating go up up up.

Bob's Kid on November 1, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Thanks for posting… I had this on earlier in the background, but missed the comment.

I don’t like it for the “red meat” value, I like it for the comedy… Does anyone think Dubya has the slightest clue what MoveOn or Code Pink are? I mean, he knows these types of things exist (mainly from listening to staffers talk about them, most likely), but I doubt he’d ever think of the names of those 2 organizations. Those lines were thrown in to the speech because the speech writers knew it would play well with the audience. I wish he knew just what was going on, and how far these groups have dragged the Democrat Party, making negotiating with them pointless.

RightWinged on November 1, 2007 at 4:18 PM

More of this and watch GWB’s approval rating go up up up.
Bob’s Kid on November 1, 2007 at 4:17 PM

At this point, they have nowhere else to go…

factoid on November 1, 2007 at 4:19 PM

Frankly, I think Rush’s ebay auction showed conservatives do not have to take this crap anymore. No more taking the high road, no more appeasement. Hopefully we will see more of this type of talk and walk from more conservative leaders.

CrimsonFisted on November 1, 2007 at 4:20 PM

The Condi stunt got his attention….
i fear hope they’ve awoken a sleeping tiger

max1 on November 1, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Where has this Boosh been hiding?

Wade on November 1, 2007 at 4:34 PM

oh, DU-OH,,, “giant,” not tiger…

max1 on November 1, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Didn’t you used to be George W. Bush? I heard you went and changed your name to Jimmy Carter.

Maybe that’s a little harsh calling him that but d*** it where has this man been the last two years!?

jeffshow on November 1, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Now that’s the guy we used to talk about downtown…

Too bad he couldn’t have fit the truthers in there somewhere.. Maybe that’ll be tomorrow.

RMCS_USN on November 1, 2007 at 4:45 PM

I thought the exact same thing while listening. I can’t really blame him though. I wish I didn’t know who they were either.

sweeper on November 1, 2007 at 4:48 PM

Like everyone else here, the first thing I thought, “that was great, but about 4 years too late”.

kcluva on November 1, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Here is the full speech

bnelson44 on November 1, 2007 at 5:21 PM

I wonder if Code Pink dressed like regular people yesterday for Halloween.

Weebork on November 1, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Why isn’t he like THIS all the time? God, what could have been!

SouthernGent on November 1, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Even thought I never got on the “Bush is not Bush bandwagon”…it is nice to see him fired up! Welcome back to the party pal!!

“I wonder if Code Pink dressed like regular people yesterday for Halloween” –LOL nice one Weebork!!!

Brian on November 1, 2007 at 6:26 PM

I ment though…push preview…push preview!!! got to push preview…. arrrrrrggg.

Brian on November 1, 2007 at 6:27 PM

About time he grew em back, now it will be more telling if the doj actually tried getting some convictions against the code pinkos for conspiracy. the base crime they commit isn’t the issue it’s the fact they entered in to a conspiracy to commit those minor crimes which makes the conspiracy the major crime and a felony and at the very least more then a hand slap on the wrist.

Mojack420 on November 1, 2007 at 7:33 PM

oh, DU-OH,,, “giant,” not tiger…

I think that may have been a Freudian slip. You cross-wired the metaphors “sleeping giant” and “paper tiger”. Your subconscious is as worried about the future as I am.

aengus on November 1, 2007 at 9:35 PM

I’d say ole GW landed a nice punch to the mid-section with that line.

Zorro on November 1, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Irony isn’t just to keep your shirts smooth. The Democratic Do-Nothing Congress, led by fools, fueled by hatred of George Bush, single handedly has kept President Bush from becoming the lame duck they’ve been proclaiming for 6 years. I guess we could call them the ‘Lame Dork’ Congress.

Doug on November 2, 2007 at 8:01 AM