Video: Bush apparently running for mayor in Philadelphia now

posted at 1:28 pm on November 1, 2007 by Allahpundit

Never mind Silky’s moral authority gambit. This is the dumbest political ad of the day. Meet Michael Nutter, Democrat. He’d like to remind you to turn out on November 6th and hold George Bush and Dick Cheney accountable by, um, electing him mayor of Philadelphia. How is that going to hold them accountable? He’s … not really sure. But BDS sure is a good motivator to go to the polls.

Here’s a little gloss on Bush-hatred as a campaign tactic from Jimmy Kimmel. The perfect rejoinder, really, to Hillary’s dopey “Politics of Pile-On” spot. Click the image to watch and choose “Candidates Take Shots at Presidents.”

kimmel.jpg

Comments

Well, the guy has the right name! He is a nut case.

OBX Pete on November 1, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Guess what?? I want to show Hillary Clinton that I think she’s a socialist power-mad dictator in waiting! So help me do that by watching my YouTube video! Together, we’ll take that sucker DOWN!

MadisonConservative on November 1, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Can Jersey please take on Philly as additional territory, please? Philly sucks, and we don’t want it any more.

Bad Candy on November 1, 2007 at 1:34 PM

I saw this last night. My first reaction was, “Wha…?”

My second reaction is, “What, exactly, would the mayor of Philadelphia do to hold Bush and Cheney ‘accountable’?”

I don’t know fellas, I don’t think Bush and Cheney are going to do well in the next election…

Darksean on November 1, 2007 at 1:41 PM

I suspect he is a graduate of Philadelphia public schools.

bopbottle on November 1, 2007 at 1:46 PM

Bad Candy on November 1, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Dude, we have Newark and Camden. isn’t that enough punishment?

JammieWearingFool on November 1, 2007 at 1:48 PM

You can start by stop electing criminals like John Street and vote Republican

Kini on November 1, 2007 at 1:50 PM

Heh. His name is Nutter.

Jaibones on November 1, 2007 at 1:53 PM

Dude, we have Newark and Camden. isn’t that enough punishment?

JammieWearingFool on November 1, 2007 at 1:48 PM

For most states, yes, it would be.

Jaibones on November 1, 2007 at 1:54 PM

Dude, we have Newark and Camden. isn’t that enough punishment?

JammieWearingFool on November 1, 2007 at 1:48 PM

What’s one more, really? Plus PA would go solid red.

For most states, yes, it would be.

Jaibones on November 1, 2007 at 1:54 PM

Heh.

Bad Candy on November 1, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Nutter.

Heh.

Hoodlumman on November 1, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Dude, we have Newark and Camden. isn’t that enough punishment?

JammieWearingFool on November 1, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Let’s not forget Elizabeth, Trenton, Rahway, Linden, Atlantic City and BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

Hilts on November 1, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Yeah, I saw it.

It was a real “WTF?” moment.

N. O'Brain on November 1, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Apparently, enforcing the law is making Philadelphia worse according to Mr. Nutter.

gabriel sutherland on November 1, 2007 at 2:21 PM

Loved the Jimmy Kimmel “Bush” and “Clinton” song. Bill Richardson at the end was priceless. I won’t spoil it for you, go watch it.

thomashton on November 1, 2007 at 2:27 PM

“Bush and Cheney may have sent me to Iraq to sniff out IEDs and dodge sniper fire… but at least I’m not in Philadelphia!”

saint kansas on November 1, 2007 at 2:32 PM

I wanna be mayor of Philly! I really like their cream cheese.

robblefarian on November 1, 2007 at 2:32 PM

The lunacy is in Pittsburgh as much as Philly. Unfortunately, I threw it away, but I got a flyer in the mail from the Democratic Party urging me to vote for our current frat boy Democratic mayor as a way to fight against Bush.

The great thing about federalism is that you can vote each office separately. I vote Republican on the local and national level, but vote Democratic on the state level, because the Pennsylvania Republicans are hostile to public transit. And, yes, public transit is the most issue for me at the state level.

thuja on November 1, 2007 at 2:49 PM

thuja on November 1, 2007 at 2:49 PM

Great, so its you who’s helping Fast Eddie’s Philly Transit Slush Fund? You realize he’s screwing you people in Pittsburgh, right?

Bad Candy on November 1, 2007 at 3:13 PM

Dude, we have Newark and Camden. isn’t that enough punishment?

JammieWearingFool on November 1, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Heh Heh wha chew talkin bout Jammie? We’re #1, we’re #1 ! Oh my such a GREAT SOCIETY It wasn’t always that way. I know I was born there.

sonnyspats1 on November 1, 2007 at 3:42 PM

I was raised and lived in Philadelphia. I am Irish Catholic. Does anyone wonder why I don’t live there anymore? I can’t name a Mayor of Philadelphia who has earned any respect from normal, hard working, off the dole citizens. Well, I DID like Mayor Rizzo’s night stick in a cummerbund habit at times…

MNDavenotPC on November 1, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Didn’t he look a lot like Michael Steele?

Could’ve done w/o the Kimmell clip

RMCS_USN on November 1, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Now, that’s what I call a first class jerk. I do not think he can walk, talk, and chew gumm at the same time. So much, from the city of my birth. Sad, Sad, Sad.

oldelpasoan on November 1, 2007 at 5:23 PM

Bad Candy on November 1, 2007 at 1:34 PM

No, thanks. We’ve got enough problems with Camden, Newark, and Trenton to keep us plenty busy.

Philly could be a really great place. I love the history. I love the food. I hate feeling the need to increase my life insurance coverage when I go there, though.

flutejpl on November 1, 2007 at 10:23 PM