Video: Olby, Arianna smear Rudy over “Osama” line that he, um, never delivered

posted at 10:30 pm on October 31, 2007 by Allahpundit

Excellent job by AmSpec’s Philip Klein to nail this. The smear originated with an AP story that quoted Giuliani as saying:

“This is the world we live in. It’s not this happy, romantic-like world where we’ll negotiate with this one, or we’ll negotiate with that one and there will be no preconditions, and we’ll invite (Iranian President Mahmoud) Ahmadinejad to the White House, we’ll invite Osama (bin Laden) to the White House,” Giuliani said.

“Hillary and Obama are kind of debating whether to invite them to the inauguration or the inaugural ball,” he added.

Minor problem: he didn’t say “Osama,” as you’re about to see. That didn’t deter Krazy and Huffy, though, who proceeded to use the misquote as a jumping-off point for some red-meat nutrootsery — right after they’d played the videotape showing what he actually said. And so we return to the eternal, unanswerable Olby exit question: Did he do it on purpose or is he really just this stupid? Or does he just have a problem with, ahem, “foreign” names?

It’s in three segments — the opening credits teaser, the teaser at the end of the previous block, and then the interview, just so you can see for yourself how many times he pimped the phony Osama angle. This was from Tuesday night’s show; if there was a correction issued tonight, the Olby Watch guys didn’t notice. Although they did notice Kayo’s silence about the guilty plea in that Fort Dix plot which, he assured us, was little more than a “dubious fantasy.”

Update: This sort of thing is par for the course at HuffPo lately.

Update: The AP finally got around to correcting the original story. Two days later.

Comments

Nope. . .Not gonna watch Olby or huffingb–ch

Texyank on October 31, 2007 at 10:38 PM

He’s not really that stupid, just consumed with hatred.

She’s just an opportunistic gasbag.

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Olby has passed the complete douchebag mark.

How do the producers of the show allow him to say “Osama” is “Assad.”

And is Olby inferring Achminidejad(sp) is a terrorist?

Grow up, Olby.

Vincenzo on October 31, 2007 at 10:38 PM

A man truely on his way to hell.

Griz on October 31, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Selective hearing?

Zorro on October 31, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Huff-and-puff calls Rudy a thug, and then claims he said something that he clearly did not say. You have to be a liberal/democrat/socialist not to see the blazing hypocrisy of that. Keith, doesn’t correct her, well because he essentially agrees with her. This would be a low point in their professional integrity, if either of them had any.

doriangrey on October 31, 2007 at 10:49 PM

Ah, finally the two MOST irritating morons in the world together!

Gatordoug on October 31, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Rudy explained the probelms we face quite well. Huffington’s resulting claim that Rudy has “the soul of a thug” is so off far base that she should be ashamed for making such accusation. But I suspect that for Huffington any explanation of the world as it is represent thuggishness. Call me a thug when I point out that the Sun will go supernova in at most 6 billion years.

thuja on October 31, 2007 at 10:50 PM

That is really something which should not be accepted

That is something up which with I will not put.
- Gubber Slims

MB4 on October 31, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Selective hearing?

Zorro on October 31, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Esteban: To guards: Remember, he is cunning, he is crafty. He’s not just going to walk in here and say ‘Here I am!’
Zorro: Here I am!

MB4 on October 31, 2007 at 10:54 PM

The word “Moonbats” really does not do this pair justice.

pat on October 31, 2007 at 11:00 PM

I hope Rudy’s campaign calls them on this.

SouthernGent on October 31, 2007 at 11:09 PM

I always knew that Keith Olbermann was a left wing water carrier. But just completely making up the facts? I don’t think Edward R. Murrow would be too proud about that.

SoulGlo on October 31, 2007 at 11:13 PM

And they have the temerity to talk about Rudi’s “lies”.

The Monster on October 31, 2007 at 11:27 PM

(I would say they have the “Malkins”, but they don’t deserve that name.)

The Monster on October 31, 2007 at 11:27 PM

(I would say they have the “Malkins”, but they don’t deserve that name.)

The Monster on October 31, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Im not sure either of them do.

William Amos on October 31, 2007 at 11:28 PM

How in Gods name does this absolute moron stay on television?

I can’t even watch him for 5 minutes anymore, I did flip to him during O’Reilly for a while to keep myself informed of his antics to smack down libs citing his inaccuracies and lies.

I can say that he is the one “personality” I would approach in public and verbally unload and I would never thought I would even consider such a thing.

186k on October 31, 2007 at 11:31 PM

How in Gods name does this absolute moron stay on television?

Hate sells.

Connie on October 31, 2007 at 11:46 PM

O/T holy crap, clinton/lesbian story brewing

RushBaby on October 31, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Why does the left so hate testerone? Jealousy?

Connie on October 31, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Most people tend to think they are normal, and therefore, believe others think and act in a manner similar to themselves.

Olby is a horrible person who will do anything to assassinate the character of anyone with whom he disagrees – primarily those he views as political enemies. He, therefore, believes that those with whom he disagrees would behave in the same manner toward their own “political enemies.”

Wingo on October 31, 2007 at 11:53 PM

I can’t even watch him for 5 minutes anymore

186k on October 31, 2007 at 11:31 PM

I can’t watch him at all as I don’t have cable TV. I like my solution and it saves me hundreds of dollar a year with no down side at all.

MB4 on October 31, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Scumbags. Enough said.

SIJ6141 on October 31, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Wingo on October 31, 2007 at 11:53 PM

We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people.
- Schopenhauer

MB4 on October 31, 2007 at 11:58 PM

moderation tough tonight

RushBaby on November 1, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Rucy, you got sum splaining to do!

Kini on November 1, 2007 at 12:06 AM

MB4 on October 31, 2007 at 11:54 PM

The only time I’ve ever watched him was when his huge BDS rant was posted right here. I would never turn his show on – in case the TeeVee police are watching me. No way I’m going to up the jerk’s ratings.

Connie on November 1, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Connie on November 1, 2007 at 12:10 AM

AMEN ! !

Texyank on November 1, 2007 at 12:44 AM

If they knew who Assad was or that there is actually a leader of a Middle Eastern country named “Assad”, then maybe there wouldn’t have been a problem. However, when you’re dealing with the MSM and blogosphere equivalent of Miss Teen South Carolina (it was SC, wasn’t it?), then you get what you get.

MikeZero on November 1, 2007 at 1:30 AM

Holy Crap! BTW Olberpunk…I got your “high tea” right here.

Dirthead on November 1, 2007 at 1:43 AM

I thought it was common knowledge Olby was Onion on YV, No?

Arrianna is like political Brittany. (honestly, she wasn’t any different than Brit is parent wise, can you say NANNY????)

Topsecretk9 on November 1, 2007 at 2:29 AM

I watched part of this last night after the post debate show. I couldn’t get through it because of the stomach turning visceral reaction I had to it. I didn’t know if it was because of the sheer stupidity of it or if I was just being partisan.

I never watch him, but I realized that I was sick because of bald face lies.

csdeven on November 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM

…unanswerable Olby exit question: Did he do it on purpose or is he really just this stupid?

That’s easy. He did it on purpose on the assumption that his audience is really just this stupid. Olby is spectacular in his arrogance.

flipflop on November 1, 2007 at 6:37 AM

They don’t think a Democrat would invite a terrorist to the White House? Shall we remind them of Bill Clinton’s invitation to Arafat? How many times?

lilyjac on November 1, 2007 at 7:59 AM

Huffington is George Soro’s concubine…they even talk alike!

Golfer_75093 on November 1, 2007 at 9:02 AM

It’s because of garbage like this that Bathtub Boy continues to be ratings poison.

ZK on November 1, 2007 at 9:05 AM

What an idiot. Both of them. High tea – what a jerk.

nailinmyeye on November 1, 2007 at 9:33 AM

K the tack Olby is a dunce. Rudy’s right about the Amadnutjob quote. But i’m guessing he’ll get the Presidential box seat at the 1st joint State of the Union address to Congress.

roninacreage on November 1, 2007 at 10:09 AM

So much seething self rightiousness. Moral superiority drips from their hides. This fits in so neatly to their predjudices that they don’t even question whether they heard it right. I have a visceral repulsion for both of these terdz.

ronsfi on November 1, 2007 at 10:37 AM

I hope Rudy’s campaign calls them on this.

SouthernGent on October 31, 2007 at 11:09 PM

If he does, he may convince me to vote for him. No matter what views a candidate claims to hold, the b@lls on a candidate are often more worthwhile. I would love to have a president who would actually talk back to those who attack him instead of forcing talk radio and blogs to do it for him the way Bush does.

Esthier on November 1, 2007 at 10:41 AM

Toldja. This incandescently stupid moonbattery is by no means limited specifically to the Bushies. It extends to anyone and everyone with an “R” after their name in the papers. And it won’t end in late January of ’09, either.

Mike H on November 1, 2007 at 11:02 AM

Typical. Working off of headlines instead of actually listening to or watching or reading the actual event.

MadisonConservative on November 1, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Olby, Arianna and MSNBC . . . the perfect blend of putrid idiocy.

rplat on November 1, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Rudi is right. The Democrats are all competing to see who will negotiate and kowtow to the most terrorists and dictators.

Obama said he would go anywhere, deal with anyone, no conditions.

drjohn on November 1, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Zorro: Here I am!

One of the funniest movies ever.

Bob's Kid on November 1, 2007 at 4:05 PM

Zsa Zsa is the one who lies about the Osama, not Olberdouche. He simply paraphrases that it would be “terrorists” at the inaugural ball, just to be clear.

And again with the inappropriate hair dye — what is it with these skanky women? If she lets her hair go gray, what Hollywood comedy character would she most resemble?

Jaibones on November 1, 2007 at 4:28 PM

I couldn’t understand a word she said. She really ought to stop mumbling.

bambam on November 1, 2007 at 4:54 PM

Zsa Zsa has been in this country for how long, 20 years? She skanked $100 million out of some rich scmuck who is now gay, I believe. And yet she still can’t speak understandable English. What the heck?

Jaibones on November 1, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Dumb and Dumber.
Why is she still here? This is what I don’t get: why do people like her, Soros, Graham Nash (washed-up old hippie rock star) et al CHOOSE to live in America if it’s such a bad place? Who asked you to move here? My guess is they do it for the tax breaks, which is soooooooooooo ironic considering that they always speak out on issues that have to do with raising working peoples’ taxes and call us hard-working middle-class people with real jobs “heartless” for not supporting programs that inevitably don’t work and wind up coming out of our paychecks.

foxforce91 on November 2, 2007 at 9:50 AM

This from a woman whose husband left her for a man.

LtE126 on November 2, 2007 at 9:56 AM

Nice catch AP, love it when leftopaths trip up and continue to make total fools out of themselves. Really if they ever want to be taken seriously they wouldn’t be making such rookie mistakes.

thinkagain on April 6, 2010 at 6:46 PM