British students, faculty made to dress as Muslims to promote multiculturalism

posted at 10:06 am on October 31, 2007 by Allahpundit

You wanted assimilation, you got it. Of a sort.

A SCHOOL was yesterday accused of MAKING teachers dress up as Asians for a day – to celebrate a Muslim festival.

Kids at the 257-pupil primary have also been told to don ethnic garb even though most are Christians.

The morning assembly will be open to all parents – but dads are BARRED from a women-only party in the afternoon because Muslim husbands object to wives mixing with other men

Yesterday a relative of one of the 39 others said: “Staff have got to go along with it – or let’s face it, they would be branded racist.

“Who would put their job on the line? They have been told they have to embrace the day to show their diversity. But they are not all happy.”

Seems … familiar somehow. The Brits don’t have an Establishment Clause so I don’t get to bore you here with a rant about how the courts read a “diversity”-based double standard into it that isn’t there. What this really is, in a sense, is the Laura Bush/headscarf debate transposed to a classroom setting: cutesy poo gesture of diplomacy or subtle form of indoctrination? Of course, having come to the Kingdom, Laura was the one expected to do the adapting; here you have the opposite happening. The lingering question, as is always the case with these things, is whether “multiculturalism” means anything broader than “understanding Islam.” Does the school hold Russian Day once a year? Hispanic Day?

Exit question: That sex-segregated assembly seems almost too bad to be true. Maybe it’s a cautionary tale?

Update: “Women covering their heads, women dressing modestly, I have no problem with at all. I think, however, that if you get to a stage where a woman is not able to express her personality because you can’t see her face, then you do start to have to ask whether this is something that is actually acknowledging the woman’s right to be a person in her own right.”

Comments

Well, I think it will be more telling to see how many dress as Wahabbists and actually stand by the segregation thing. Better yet, one might want to see how many Muslims dress like that on a day to day basis.

This is when people should be pushing back, and can do so without violence, to make a point.

Krydor on October 31, 2007 at 10:12 AM

No piglet stickers, no ice cream lids with a shadow swirl, no three little pigs and now this.

I predict London will burn like Paris did a few years ago, and it won’t be Nigel and Ian.

Tony737 on October 31, 2007 at 10:12 AM

OK, fair is fair, now lets have a Western Culture awareness day.

Muslim women take off the burka and put on those short skirts and bare midriff tops.

conservnut on October 31, 2007 at 10:15 AM

You reap what you sow

Ochlan on October 31, 2007 at 10:16 AM

Neville Chamrberlain lives on.

Clark1 on October 31, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Exactly. Will the Muslims be required to embrace diversity or will they just benefit from British kids assimilating to their culture?

Esthier on October 31, 2007 at 10:17 AM

I like that lingering question – and think we need to press it consistently to the multiculturalists.

nailinmyeye on October 31, 2007 at 10:17 AM

If one can dress up as a Muslim, how does one dress up as a Christian?

GT on October 31, 2007 at 10:20 AM

How many of them wore suicide bombs belts?

I like Conservnut’s idea. But I don’t think the muzzies’ll go for that. It’s always one way with them, THEIR way.

Tony737 on October 31, 2007 at 10:24 AM

I would have put my job on the line. I would have worn the burka or whatever, but with a fake explosives belt over it–just to make a point. Or I might send my husband to my job that day in a burka, just to see how long it takes them to figure out it’s not even a woman under the big ugly black tent, and certainly not the qualified teacher they were expecting that day.

Or, if I chickened out on those ideas, I’d just show up at work in street clothes and silently dare them to fire me. (I’d put the local news station’s phone number on my speed-dial first, though.)

Think I would lose the job? ;-)

aero on October 31, 2007 at 10:26 AM

It’s a teaching moment, Allah. And I think I am learning, if you know what I’m sayin’.

Jaibones on October 31, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Actually this sounds like fun! Do they get to play Rage Boy? And say cool stuff like “LALALALALALA!” and “I keeel you the name of allah!” ?

It’s all fun and games ’til someone gets their head cut off.

Tony737 on October 31, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Cool: Wearing the headscarf because a woman wants to.

Not Cool: Wearing the headscarf because a woman wants to decrease her chances of being raped and dishonored by males that cannot control their sexual desires because the Koran grants them unlimited license to be primates.

Why is Europe of all places struggling with this issue?

I think Muslims are the new royalty in Europe. Whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want.

gabriel sutherland on October 31, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Americans should have a day where we all dress up as British! Black socks with sandles or really ugly soccer shoes. Near-shaved heads with small hoop earrings. A Manchester United jersey (sleeve-less, of course) and loads of really bad tattoos. And don’t forget the bad teeth!

robblefarian on October 31, 2007 at 10:36 AM

A good day to keep your kids home sick.

jeanie on October 31, 2007 at 10:37 AM

Hell no would I allow my daughter to do this. I’d have her stay home.

Or, and this is the only time I would let her do this, is dress like a total American whore.

Darksean on October 31, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Since when did Islam become a race?

I recall it being a belief system. And, if I’m not mistaken, aren’t we all ‘born Muslim’ according to some adherents?

I find it humorous that people that strive so hard for freedom from religion, er, Christianity can so quickly don a burqa.

Asher on October 31, 2007 at 10:39 AM

The students and parents should have mobbed the school and faculty and pummeled those worthless, spineless human beings for daring to give in to a cult as heinous as islam.

darwin on October 31, 2007 at 10:44 AM

Oh… and Death to America…

Romeo13 on October 31, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Weapons of mass distraction.

RedWinged Blackbird on October 31, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Idiots. Multiculti is what’s *destroying* your culture. The once great English culture that brought the ideas of the Magna Carta to millions of oppressed peoples. Now you’re letting that oppression come to you so as not *offend* a minority group, a group with ambitions of conquest, and you’re helping them defeat you. But hey, if it makes ya feeeeel better about your guilty white conscience, go for it, losers.

Tony737 on October 31, 2007 at 10:52 AM

If one can dress up as a Muslim, how does one dress up as a Christian?
GT on October 31, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Well, one could dress up as an ASIAN, or European, African, South American, Austrialian or North American!

Let me know when the next Muslim festival is so I can dress up like a typical Asian to celebrate it — maybe Bhuddist monk or something Hindu.

Dusty on October 31, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Why is Europe of all places struggling with this issue?

I’m aware that the United States is run by imperialist fascists and all, but isn’t Europe the place that gave us Constantine, Caesar, Napoleon, Hitler, Mussolini, et al?

Is it too much to ask for some middle ground? As in, don’t try to take over the world, but protect and preserve your own culture?

saint kansas on October 31, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Did they let the boys stone the girls and teachers who accidentally let their headscarves slip back too far? If the school nurse was a female, was she allowed to treat the stoned girls’ injuries? Were the female teachers allowed to teach the male students? Can’t do multicultural appreciation if you’re not going to go all the way with it, I say. What’s not to appreciate about Islamic culture?

aero on October 31, 2007 at 10:57 AM

I can hardly wait for our annual Christmas treat when the Muslims all dress up as Mary and Joseph and perform the Stations of the Cross pageant for us!!!

landlines on October 31, 2007 at 10:58 AM

I used to be concerned about the future of our once-great civic ancestor and their people, but not any more. These idiots deserve everything that they get.

On the bright side, the nitwit Brit ladies who show up in a burkha will be able to get used to how the IslamoTarp feels and get to the seamstress for alterations, long before Shari’a demands it. They’re just ahead of the curve.

Jaibones on October 31, 2007 at 10:58 AM

I think they should make all the muslim kids dress up like Jews.

I bet they all call in sick that day.

Tony737 on October 31, 2007 at 11:00 AM

Ooh! I know how the female teachers could have gotten out of it. They could have stayed home from work and told the headmaster that their husbands weren’t available to drive them to work. Heh.

aero on October 31, 2007 at 11:00 AM

One notch up- Can we make Muslims dress up as Rabbi’s?

drjohn on October 31, 2007 at 11:05 AM

HAAA! Good thinkin’ Aero!

Or just call in and say your husband beat you (and two of his other three wives) for making scones instead of felafel.

Tony737 on October 31, 2007 at 11:06 AM

I notice that this latest outrage is receiving far fewer commnts than the unknown sex scandal. I don’t care if a president is having S&M sex with goats and cats, I just want another Churchill willing to defend our culture. & Churchill was not exactly the guy to win an award as roll model from the Theocrat Right.

thuja on October 31, 2007 at 11:11 AM

I’d go naked under my burka and make sure that everyone knew. “You know, I am naked under this pup tent. Very liberating!”
Seriously, I read an essay a few years back written by an American wife living in a coumpound in KSA while her husband worked for an oil concern. Inside the compound she was allowed to dress like a westerner. Outside, she had to put the burka on. She claimed she would wear a sports bra and thong panties under it… Her own little rebellion!

Babs on October 31, 2007 at 11:29 AM

Good Western cultures should be melting pots where people of all different walks of life become one nationality, working towards a common goal.

Mutliculturalism killed the fire under the pot, and now all of it is starting to settle out at the bottom of the pot.

Nethicus on October 31, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Please don’t tell me that I’ll have to home school my kids to teach them about science and capitalism by the time I have them. That these stories seem to become more and more common frightens me a great deal.

Milano on October 31, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Churchill was not exactly the guy to win an award as roll model

“…and you, madam, are ugly…but in the morning I shall be sober…”

Anyone capable of delivering that sledgehammer retort is a role model of the highest acclaim

Ochlan on October 31, 2007 at 11:31 AM

Dusty on October 31, 2007 at 10:54 AM

That’s just their word for people in that area. They’re all Asians to Brits.

Esthier on October 31, 2007 at 11:44 AM

I would have SO gotten a picture of a Palestinian March… and dressed accordingly.

Pulled out the picture to defend my costume…

Romeo13 on October 31, 2007 at 12:28 PM

thuja

He’s a role model for everyone. He ate rich foods, drank like a fish, smoked cigars, beat the crap out of Nazis, lived past his 90th birthday.

Yep, I could aspire to be him. I’ll need to put on a few pounds and drink a few more pints, but it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make for freedom.

Krydor on October 31, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Personally, I would have done whatever it took to get an appropriate suit of armor and a horse, and come to school as a CRUSADER.

Just to rub their noses in it, and to show how little I care about their faux-diversity indoctrination crap.

wearyman on October 31, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Perhaps a lunchtime stoning of those who refused to dress would have made it more real.

abinitioadinfinitum on October 31, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Don’t forget the female genital mutilation!

Lancer on October 31, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Imagine if they made the Muslim students dress up as Jews. Then heads would roll.

SoulGlo on October 31, 2007 at 3:20 PM

This lunacy will come to America – if it hasn’t, already. Everything religious is fair-game in American, public schools – except for anything Judeo-Christian. That is verboten.

But, now that I think about it, this has been going on for a long time. When I was in elementary school [mid to late 60s] we were required to do a book report on religion; however, anything Judeo-Christian wasn’t allowed.

But, at least, we still sang Christmas songs back then.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 31, 2007 at 4:02 PM