Audio: The obligatory “Dog the Bounty Hunter’s racist tirade” post

posted at 7:51 pm on October 31, 2007 by Allahpundit

Never watched the show, never going to watch the show, probably won’t ever have the chance to watch the show per the Enquirer’s update. The audio’s at the link. It’s nasty, Michael-Richards-esque business, but with the added nuance of him insisting that when he drops the N-bomb he doesn’t mean it in a derogatory way. You know, like those racists do.

Here’s a little gloss from Patterico’s guestblogger, WLS, before you listen. TMZ’s having a field day with the story too, including word of an early attempt by Chapman to seek absolution from America’s racial pontiff. Exit question: Which nutroots blogger will be the first to tar Tom Tancredo, who defended Chapman in an unrelated matter, with guilt by association?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ask yourself why it’s socially acceptable for a black person to use the n-word. Lets see if you have the integrity to come up with an honest answer.
doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 2:00

You are seriously a moron, if you don’t know the answer to that question. Sound almost as bad as race hustlers like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson

mainmann on November 1, 2007 at 2:09 AM

profitsbeard on November 1, 2007 at 1:56 AM

Word (no pun intended).

John from WuzzaDem on November 1, 2007 at 2:18 AM

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 2:00

mainmann on November 1, 2007 at 2:09 AM

Yea, oddly enough thats exactly what I though you would say. Special privilege, it’s always the excuse to be a racists and pretend that your not. If it’s wrong for one, it’s wrong for all, no exceptions. But sadly I don’t expect you to understand that.

The fuel that keeps the fire of racism alive is special privilege. It’s someone always saying that well somebody insulted me so I have a special privilege to insult them back, to get even or go it one better. It’s the double standard that says I have special privileges because something was done wrong to me so now I get a free pass to do something wrong.

And that is exactly what you are engaging in right now.

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 2:21 AM

Wait for a few responses, clamoring as to why black people could use it but not others. As if it wasn’t evident

mainmann on November 1, 2007 at 2:07 AM

It isnt evident, to claim that it is is racist. It’s either wrong for everybody or it not wrong for anyone. If you cant understand that then you have a serious problem.

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 2:23 AM

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 2:23 AM
you are so full of yourself, that you can’t realize when your question has already been answered even by the Allah in one of his responses.

have a good day

mainmann on November 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM

Dog said what a lot of people think.

If we cut all the diversity bs, parents (of all races) wouldn’t want their kid to date outside their race.

Zach on November 1, 2007 at 2:41 AM

Dog said what a lot of people think.

No, I disagree.

It’s the vernacular of the streets.
It is the colloquialism which is Pop Culture.

Like wearing your underwear on the outside while your pants are hanging down around your knees.

It’s ugly, but still get a pass.

Kini on November 1, 2007 at 3:34 AM

I thought there were rules against personal attacks on posters here, like no flame wars?

- The Cat

P.S. What Dog said/did is pretty much indefencable. Shame, I really like this dude. Rarely do you see someone take someone down and they pray with them and try to get them the help they need. Then again, it may all be show. I understand him wanting to protect what he’s worked to build, but hint here, “If you are afraid that someone may object to you saying something you know you shouldn’t be saying in the first place . . . just don’t say it.”

If you don’t want mom to catch you cussing, don’t cuss. etc. etc.

MirCat on November 1, 2007 at 4:14 AM

Well for all of those people here who say they will not stand for racism…it would be nice if it went for everyone and not just selected races…I have no use for racists no matter the color of their skin.

EnochCain on November 1, 2007 at 4:18 AM

Dog said what a lot of people think.

Zach on November 1, 2007 at 2:41 AM

Dog said what a lot of racist people think. But here’s the thing; it’s not a big deal to me that he’s a racist. I think the market will determine his future value as an entertainer. I think people will talk about him and his family will love him. That’s it. Ultimately his life does not have any impact on mine.

People assume that, because I am unafraid to point out bigotry, that I must be looking for it. That is incorrect. I think there are far greater social problems than race relations.

But I also think that Republicans are way too defensive about issues of race—and it’s costing us votes. My experience with conservatives suggests that we are just way too defensive about issues of race. It’s like Republicans, especially white males, are so sensitive to being incorrectly branded as racists, that some go out of their way to ensure they are not (branded). It has the same effect as a guy wearing a shirt that says, I’m not crazy, my shirt says so.

It’s 2007. Really, the only reason to get worked up about race is if someone has truly been offensive. If you find yourself getting all worked up over racial discussions all the time, you probably have some issues.

***
If this thread isn’t dead, I’m sure the love will be flowing after this comment. I’ll probably be rebranded a troll. Al Sharpton will likely be mentioned; the works.

Well, I spent many of my formative years being called Uncle Tom and whiteboy. Being called a troll here feels very similar. I know what it’s like to fight racism among your own.

The points I make here at HotAir consist of much of what I have said among friends and family all of my life. Don’t feel singled out.

The Race Card on November 1, 2007 at 4:57 AM

Like I said earlier… go on Xbox Live and into some random game with teenagers.

In my experience.. like 80% of them are very freeflowing with the n-word.

This is because the black folk have legitimized the word by using it so much and so carelessly.

What’s unfortunate is when those who are in the thrall of Political Correctness still think the word is some dark secret… which i have to believe was the motivation for this story in the first place.

Well surprise! not everyone is willing to go through life in a mental pretzel in order to sate the gods of moral relativism.

So I say to Dog: Speak your mind , brother!

It’s funny how this story is presented to us so that a backlash could be engineered against Dog… yet when the plan backfires…. we’re threatened with being banned.

It’s almost a manipulative abuse.

VinceP1974 on November 1, 2007 at 5:18 AM

mainmann on November 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM

Still defending the indefensible, nobody has a special privilege to be a racist. If it is unacceptable for one race, it’s unacceptable for all races. To suggest otherwise is racist.

The Race Card on November 1, 2007 at 4:57 AM

Gee, I wonder why anyone would think you are a troll, could it possibly be the way you go around insulting people and posting highly inflammatory remarks?

You know, like yourself Dr. David Duke claims, to be a rational logical civilized person. He makes eloquent assertions to not being a racist. Claims that require a willing suspension of disbelief, much as your claims to not be a troll, likewise require a willing suspension of disbelief.

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 5:26 AM

Good Good, what has happened to this site? B/w the Muslim threads and now the black threads, I dunno if I even wanna wade into half the threads anymore. Seems 80% here think it is okay for Dog Chapman to spout off about ni**ers. Great, just great. Just b/c 50 Cent and Ludacris do it, doesn’t mean black people don’t find it offensive anymore. Real nice lumping Chudi in with a bunch of uneducated rappers. Ah what the hell, “blacks” are just one big amorphous group, kind of like us and them, right? Stop playing the victim and grow up. It is never okay to use that word. EVER. If you disagree, then yes I think there is something wrong with you.

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 8:16 AM

Dog said what a lot of racist people think.

All people are racist, bud. I don’t know why we have this fantasy of America someday being racism-free. I don’t know why we strive towards that. It will never happen.

I’m getting sick of the racism gestapo in this country. I would tell Sharpton and Jackson and whoever else to shove it if I was Dog.

Zach on November 1, 2007 at 8:35 AM

The word nigger means black. As in
Negro (Black Spanish)
Negroid
Nigeria (country)
Niger (country)

But it can be used as a slur depending on the intent of the user.
Most of the time when I say “accountant”, “lawyer”, or “reporter” I am using them derogatorily. I’ll often spice it up by adding “f—ing” in front.

When I say people are inherently racist. I mean in every since. It is the same thing as team spirit. It is part of mans tribal behavior.
We pick our team and we think rightly or wrongly that we have a superior team. So it goes with all of our affiliations like:
Our side of the family
north to south
west side of town to east
My religion over yours
My football team
Ford over Chevy, etc.
One class over another class
In Louisiana lighter black families dissuade their children from marrying darker children.

We are discriminators by nature.
If you go to Africa you will see some extreme discrimination between tribal factions.
Back during the European slave trading days The Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese traders would buy their slaves from tribes that had conquered other tribes. Because there was always tribe on tribe warfare going on. And they would enslave tribesman of the losing side. Even to this very day there is slavery in Africa and it was going on 10,000 years before the Europeans got there.

At the end of the day people are very different and we know this and can see the end results. What is very interesting about a country like the U.S. which is populated by very diverse cultures and races. Is that almost without exception each individual group tends to reflect it’s culture of origin in all statistical areas. Infant mortality, I.Q. Murder rate, income , etc.

TheSitRep on November 1, 2007 at 8:38 AM

Yeah we are all racist, but some more than others, rig

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 8:40 AM

Sorry, clicked enter. Yeah we are all racist, but some more than others, right? Can’t we agree there is SOME line that shouldn’t be crossed? Maybe we disagree on where that line is, but there is a line, right?

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 8:41 AM

I believe the word would fade away into history if the blacks didn’t keep it alive. What better way to achieve perpetual victemhood.

Ernest on November 1, 2007 at 8:58 AM

Sure, being openly racist to a person of another race is over the line. What Dog said was crude, I agree with that.

I don’t know where that comes from for Dog. Maybe his parents. Maybe his growing up in Texas. Maybe his line of work.

What I don’t like is destroying a man’s life…let the market do its thing. If fans are really outraged (I think this is fake outrage drummed up by the MSM), his show will tank and be canceled.

Zach on November 1, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Zach on November 1, 2007 at 9:10 AM

I agree with you there. I don’t agree with defending the guy, saying what he did is a-okay like some are saying. I 100% agree with you that there is no need to destroy the guy. One more racist in the world, no big deal, A&E will probably cancel the show. He’s probably well enough off that he’ll still be sitting mighty pretty for an convicted murderer and a seeming-to-be racist.

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 9:17 AM

If the situation was reversed and it was a black actor with a show saying the same crap to his son in a private conversation. [Replace nigger with cracker]

I would defend his right to say anything he wants. this is America after all.

TheSitRep on November 1, 2007 at 9:34 AM

Of course he has a right to say it. He’s still a friggin’ piece of racist trash. I can say that, too. And A&E can cancel his show.

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 10:04 AM

Real people have conversations like that from time to time, and they happen everyday across the country. Like it or not, it is the reality of living in the USA. The “N word” gets used less and less everyday in public discourse, but in private, people get more graphic expressing themselves. The stupid thing is that some groups can use it with virtual impunity, and other groups get castigated.

Reality can be rough sometimes, but it is reality and hard to erase with political correctness in the media.

saiga on November 1, 2007 at 10:10 AM

This thread seems to be full of idiots (‘scuse my french) who cannot comprehend what they hear in that audiotape. When you actually understand what he’s saying, come back (hint: he’s not being racist).

kafiiri on November 1, 2007 at 10:46 AM

kafiiri on November 1, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Yeah, except for the part where he forbids his children from dating black people b/c his family cannot refrain from using the word nigger constantly, you are right. They are perfectly normal, non-racist people. Everyone behaves like that. My apologies.

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 10:54 AM

… I have been on the receiving end of a number of your insulting inflammatory rhetorical diatribes, there is as best I can see nothing civil about you.

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 5:26 AM

You’ve also been on the receiving end of a call for prayers for you and other people in the burn zone. Whether or not you see me as civil is unimportant.

Admittedly, I can be quite frank and on some days even a little provocative. But I have never defended racialism, racial demagoguery or typically-liberal racial double standards. Yet you defend yourself against me as if I speak for Al Sharpton himself.

Perhaps, your assumptions about me got started when you read my username. They were likely bolstered when I didn’t kiss your butt. They were certainly inflammed when I mentioned your music.

Your pat response to any alledged bigotry is to point out some other bigot or the most obvious racial double standards. You are pompous in your posturing and unrelenting in your language. There is no room for opinion except for your own. What I find most curious, however, are your overly-defensive retorts to some very plain statements.

You have hurled some of the harshest HotAir insults at people with whom you disagree. But you get all butthurt when someone points out that you’re defending racist behavior…again.

I cannot compete with that. You win. American racism is really the fault of ancient African tribes, as evidenced by the inherent traits displayed by contemporary African-Americans.

It sucks about your headgasket, but I am glad you got through the fires ok. I think your presence here at HotAir is illustrative and important.

You are awesome. Keep on rockin in the free world!

The Race Card on November 1, 2007 at 11:19 AM

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Touché away!

The Race Card on November 1, 2007 at 11:21 AM

A&E should not automatically cancel the show. Doing so only gives more credence the idea that entertainers guide our morality. It also means that the next person who utters some overly-religious or conservative idea will be up for removal as well.

If and only if the market demands his ouster should he be fired. There may be shows already in the can ready to air. That could represent a sizable investment for A&E. They will determine how to manage their talent and assets. It is the height of arrogance for any outsider to assume they know what’s best for the corporation.

I reserve the right to be entertained by idiots.

The Race Card on November 1, 2007 at 11:36 AM

I reserve the right to be entertained by idiots.

The Race Card on November 1, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Heh. Interesting viewpoint you have about A&Es responsibilities here. I am hoping they cancel the show at this point, just b/c I don’t think I can watch it in quite the same way again. I kind of liked the guy after seeing him 30 or so times, now….don’t think so. So would prefer to see a new show instead.

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Forget race for a minute. Fascinating, isn’t it, that if you eavesdrop on terrorist conversations, the press is screaming about the terrorists’ rights, but eavesdrop on Dog, and they splatter it all over the papers.

rightwingprof on November 1, 2007 at 11:52 AM

rightwingprof on November 1, 2007 at 11:52 AM

The difference is Dog isn’t Darth Vader and his minions. They are so, you know….scaaaaaaaaaaaary!

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 11:54 AM

that comment didn’t make any sense b/c I am hung over btw.

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 11:54 AM

rightwingprof on November 1, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Nice blog.

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 11:58 AM

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 8:16 AM

Something I myself had said now numerous times, only to be called scum who needs to go to hell.

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 8:41 AM

Yes, there are lines, we sa you say may disagree on where those lines are, but their are lines that should never be crossed.

Ernest on November 1, 2007 at 8:58 AM

As RW Wacko said there are lines that should never be crossed, and this is one of my pet peeves, the belief that there are special privileges attached to persons or situations that permit the continual existence of anger which allows any individual to harbor racism as if they are entitled to racist thoughts or beliefs because of damages they may have suffered.

That you have a tendency to be provocative is quite the understatement. And I have never accused you racialism, racial demagoguery or typically-liberal racial double standards, I have however suggest to you that what you say without it intending to be can often be taken in dubious intent.

Hah ha no. Your username had nothing to do with it, nor your opinions of my music, I’ve go pretty think skin when it come to my music. No it would definitely be your provocative nature, which can be very difficult to discern the meaning and intention behind.

Poppycock, I have no use or tolerance for double standards, this is true. But I do not point to one egregious behavior to excuse another egregious behavior, in fact quite the opposite, I am prone to point out that one cannot excuse bad behavior by pointing out others bad behavior. As to the “very plain statements” a very plain statement can seem very plain to the making it, but appear quite malevolent to those hearing it.

Yea, that would be comments made to csdevens, whose behavior I was mimicking. But having walked in near the end of that long running feud you wouldn’t know that. As to the defending racists behavior, you offend me sir, I have not and will not ever defend racist behavior, of any kind by anyone.

You want to try to paint me s a racist, thats your prerogative. It’s a cheap and dirty tactic to shift attention from my position on racism on to me. And anyone who has read anything I have every posted on the subject knows it to be just that. If you cant discredit the argument, attempt to discredit the individual making the argument. It’s a sleazy and disingenuous tactic not worth of rebuttal, and certainly not worthy of you.

You are awesome. Keep on rockin in the free world!

The Race Card on November 1, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Thank you for your kind words, and in spite of what you might be tempted to think I likewise find you to be a stimulating and enjoyable commenter here, and would find your absence disquieting. I just as a personal issue wish you didn’t feel such a strong need to be so provocative. Oh well you take the good with the not so good, and I find more good with you than bad, even if I do have trouble finding your civility.

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 12:20 PM

rightwingprof on November 1, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Thats one of the problems with having a camera in your face all the time. Sooner or later you are going to say something that you really shouldn’t and its going to shatter the image people have built up about you. Once the damage is done it’s done and very little can be done to undo it.

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 12:25 PM

blink blink. It amazes me that some people don’t get the fact that was he said was,in fact, racist.

But what’s more amazing is that there are people here who get it, yet think it’s ok.

The whole thing about ‘everyone’s racist’ is a strawman. But even so, even if everyone wanted to get away with robbing a bank doesn’t mean it’s ok to act on it.

- The Cat

MirCat on November 1, 2007 at 12:59 PM

WOW!!! I can’t believe what I’m reading here. it is nice to see all the racist crap come out on this thread. This site is full of crap…I wish o’reilly or somebody would highlight the right wing wackos on this site…I just can’t believe it.

Like I always say, you won’t ever know what it is to be black in america, until you have been in this skin for one day. This type of racism that is in evidence here is why…no matter where you live, or what you achieve. I’m in the process of getting an Md/phd degree, but somebody like Watson, just thinks it’s ok for him to say that I’m less intelligent than a less educated white person, just because I’m black.

The same as what I’m reading here now. I’m happy I know who the racists are now…Dorian Grey and Vince, TheSitRep, thanks for exposing yourselves.

Chudi on November 1, 2007 at 1:01 PM

Chudi on November 1, 2007 at 1:01 PM

Yes, we know, according to you anyone who doesn’t grant you the special privilege of being a racists is a racist. Funny how that works out. So who exactly did I tell to go to hell? or whom did I call trash or scum? Oh yea, that would be you not me. Furthermore at what point did I ever suggest that racism was every acceptable? Oh yea, that also wouldn’t be me.

But you just go right ahead and continue granting yourself the special privilege of being and acting like a racist because somebody else said something that was unacceptable and inexcusable. Yea, you just continue calling other people racist because they denounce racism, even the racism of those with special privilege and perpetual rage. Good looking out there Chudi…

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 1:19 PM

Wow…this thread lit up the night sky

I’d sorta come to the conclusion that there was “nigger” and “nigga” – two very different things.

Whereas “nigger” is still solidly rooted in racism, “nigga” seems to be to black people what “redneck” is to white people.

Of course, since they sound identical, you’re playing with fire if you use the term…unless the people around you are totally clear about the context.

I don’t know if Dawg is racist, or whether he uses “nigga” to refer to the black trash he encounters in his professional life…I do know that A&E have a business to run, and this kind of nasty conversation could affect it negatively. If I were them, I’d dump his show.

Ochlan on November 1, 2007 at 1:54 PM

I liked it better back in the 70′s when the catch phrase was “prejudiced”. Now we have all the “isms”, like racism, nationalism, etc.

BTW, I don’t believe for a moment that Chudi is black. You’ve all been punked!

yubley on November 1, 2007 at 1:54 PM

BTW, I don’t believe for a moment that Chudi is black. You’ve all been punked!

yubley on November 1, 2007 at 1:54 PM

I dont know or care, but his behavior is inexcusable.

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 2:03 PM

People who disagree on race issues calling each other racist. Shocking!

Arguendo: Boys should not hit girls because boys are stronger and girls are less durable.

Question: Should girls be allowed to hit boys because girls don’t hit as hard and boys are more durable?

Answer: If girls don’t want boys to hit them it is reasonable to expect them to forgo hitting boys regardless of the gender details.

Relevance: As long as race issues are presented as a one way street even reasonable people on both sides will not find the common ground necessary for civil discourse.

boris on November 1, 2007 at 2:05 PM

boris on November 1, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Oh…………show a bit of caution here, this kind of talk will get you branded a racist……

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 2:16 PM

Full Disclosure: Dunno if it is “racism” when blacks get down on other blacks for “acting white”, and it doesn’t piss me off or anything, but the here and now real world damage of that attitude is worse than white racism. Blacks who don’t understand that are fooling themselves.

boris on November 1, 2007 at 2:20 PM

boris on November 1, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Let it go man, I’ve already been branded a racist for making similar suggestions.

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 2:26 PM

Hey Chudi, come on some RW Wackos understand :)
Think theses types of threads tend to bring up those who get the most emotional about these things, which would tend to be the white victim wannabes. Think some here were making reasonable arguments, though I don’t agree, however. Some just make my head spin. Like I said earlier in this thread: “B/w the Muslim threads and now the black threads, I dunno if I even wanna wade into half the threads anymore”

BUT, there have been quite a few normal people here who have recognized hate for hate. I’m hoping HotAir doesn’t go the way of Free Republic and other sites that have gone off the deep end.

RW Wacko on November 1, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Wasn’t it Chudi who used the frightening example of having been racially profiled as a student while on the mean streets of Cambridge MA.

I called BS back then as I live here and know Cambridge as San Fran east. Cops don’t even prosecute illegals without licenses because the judges just let them go, no questions asked.

Cambridge is so PC that not only do they NOT racially profile, if you file a police report because someone stole your, bijon fris, or latte or Manolo Blahnik shoes, they won’t include the race in the physical description.

Your biggest problem in Cambridge is not getting whiplash as you check out all the pretty people, Chudi. Methinks thou art a faker.

Alden Pyle on November 1, 2007 at 3:14 PM

You’ll forgive me if I think that response smacks of elitism and arrogant jackassery?

Ryan Gandy on October 31, 2007 at 10:58 PM

No need for forgiveness, Ryan, truth be told, I am elite and arrogant and your seeing that as being jackassery ensures me we needn’t worry about offending one another in a social setting.

Alden Pyle on November 1, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Forgive my ignorance, here, but what happened to free republic? i never visited the site that much, once or twice i just thought the site format of layout was an eyesore (just me) and i wasn’t to much into politics at the time. But i always heard about it. So what exactly happened over there?

mainmann on November 1, 2007 at 3:24 PM

The first step in breaking down racial barriers and stereotypes is to accept others for what they are. Just pretending that every one is the same isn’t the answer. All folks are not created equal. We each have different abilities physically and mentally.

Discrimination is as normal as any human emotion. An employer discriminates every time he hires and applicant because he picks that one that he thinks would best is able to profit his company. When you make a wine selection, you discriminate based on you preconceptions, experience and personal tastes.

When I see a group of Hells Angels or Banditos, I give them a wide birth as I have a serious distaste for their ilk.

There is an old joke that goes:
There are two types of liars, those that say they have never masturbated and those that say they only did it once.

The racist argument is much like that in that everyone racially discriminates but few admit to it.

In is a deeply ingrained animal response (probably rooted in our reptilian complex) to prejudge people, groups, and classes, etal.

It may be a self/tribe preservation mechanism.

I think individuals are entitled to be as prejudiced as they want, but a tax payor supported institution is where we have to draw the line. Maybe there could be a network dedicated to people like Dawg. We could call it the “WET” white entertainment network. Now that would indeed be very racist. But I have heard of similar travesties before.

TheSitRep on November 1, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Alden Pyle,

Yes it was me..and I live in Brookline, not Cambridge. I can tell you the street. too. Of course you don’t believe cops can stop you on the street for just being black, but it happens. Unless you are a black person, you don’t understand what you have to go thru on a daily basis, for now reason.

You can all go live in your merry little world, but it’s nice to see all of you for the racists you arel.

Chudi on November 1, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Oh my. Stopped by cops huh. Yeah us hippies in the 60s never EVER had to put up with crap like that!

Drive by gangstas in the hood or racist cops in the burbs … it just never ends does it?

boris on November 1, 2007 at 4:38 PM

Chudi on November 1, 2007 at 4:26 PM

You might be a racist if………..You firmly believe that anyone who disagrees with you on issues of racism is a racist. However it is genuinely nice of you to point out how everybody else is a racist.

Now kindly remind me which ones of us called anyone scum or trash or suggested that anyone else should go to hell…If you want to find the racist in this thread Chudi, try looking in the mirror. Your responses up until and including this one have been racist and inexcusable.

But thank you for showing us how civilized and rational you are capable of behaving.

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 4:41 PM

boris on November 1, 2007 at 4:38 PM

This is Chudi’s special privilege to be a racist and blame that racism on everyone except himself.

doriangrey on November 1, 2007 at 4:43 PM

N-bomb. . . Whoopdeeee Dooo. I’m hearing all this
shook on the Big Story with John Gibson. Over this non
story.
Wasn’t the “N” word given a funeral a just a little
while back. I just can’t get too upset over some language
that’s been around forever and is now taboooo. I don’t
care for the word(s) put that’s my problem. . .

Texyank on November 1, 2007 at 5:28 PM

N-bomb. . . Whoopdeeee Dooo. I’m hearing all this
shook on the Big Story with John Gibson. Over this non
story.
Wasn’t the “N” word given a funeral a just a little
while back. I just can’t get too upset over some language
that’s been around forever and is now taboooo. I don’t
care for the word(s) put but that’s my problem. . .

Texyank on November 1, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Glad I got up from the computer for the morning and missed out the real-time happening of emotionalism triumphing over logic in this thread.

Wasn’t it Chudi who used the frightening example of having been racially profiled as a student while on the mean streets of Cambridge MA [sic].

Alden Pyle on November 1, 2007 at 3:14 PM

Actually Chudi said that he was profiled on the mean streets of Santa Monica, CA.

In my (military) experience, allegedly PC locales are often home to the worst racists against black people imaginable; those who wouldn’t think twice about calling a black person n-word to his/her face. I had it happen to me while I was stationed at the Presidio of Monterey, CA, 90 miles south of the PC Capital of the World, while I happened to be in uniform. And I can certainly prove that I am black.

But think about the following–

One thing about black people using the n-word among each other: it’s wrong. Another thing about others using the n-word: it’s wrong. Yet another thing about anyone using any racial epithets: it’s wrong. I hear many say that “if black people can say the word in the mass media and not be censured for it why can’t I?” The question makes sense when one is responding from emotionalism and moral relativism. (I thought that we conservatives were the thinking Party.) And it is that very moral relativism which has created the climate in which a black person can use racial epithets in public and without punishment when referring to any race while, at the same time, white persons cannot except when referring to other whites (see Jeff Foxworthy, et al.). Do we conservatives want to descend into that (im)moral abyss out of that most insidious of sins–pride? I certainly don’t.

So what are we to do? Blacks can keep reserving their “right” to hurl epithets at everyone but get offended when others do it and whites can respond be saying “oh yeah, well you’re a blankety blank and what about those rappers?”

Or we can individually say “I’m going to be the grown-up here” and assume that other individuals are grown-up and are communicating in good faith also until proven otherwise.

About Chapman: let the market decide. I, however, will not be tuning in, as I didn’t do so in the first place.

baldilocks on November 1, 2007 at 6:35 PM

baldilocks on November 1, 2007 at 6:35 PM

You always make good sence.

TheSitRep on November 1, 2007 at 6:57 PM

about black people using the n-word among each other: it’s wrong

The people who use it are not likely to stop just to be polite. In time it would be better IMO if casual use by blacks diminished sensitivity over it. Americana like the works of Mark Twain are unfortunately hopelessly tainted. Unless it’s hurled as an epithet it shouldn’t be a big deal.

If Dog has a problem with his kid dating a black girl that seems worse to me than using the n-word.

boris on November 1, 2007 at 7:49 PM

Why? Just because vulgarity has become a part of the MSM doesn’t mean that it’s “better” not to be sensitive to it. For anyone.

Sure it is. But it’s a matter that probably shouldn’t be in the public eye. I feel sorry for him because of this. His son will probably marry the girl, they’ll have cute kids and the “Dog” will have missed out.

baldilocks on November 1, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Just because vulgarity has become a part of the MSM …

Not my point at all.

The “vulgarity” of it became established early in the civil rights change. It became a marker, a power over symbol.

As blacks take it up in casual use it diminishes the vulgarity, that’s all. Sure some will say it’s equally wrong for everybody, just very more equally wrong for whites and hardly equally wrong at all for blacks. Lotta people want it that way but it won’t hold.

boris on November 1, 2007 at 11:39 PM

the correct word is NIGGA, now as used in RAP.

if you say it so can I! i do not care what your or my skin color is. the word is still racist. even more so when used by blacks, so they can have something over white people. this is nothing more than a way to discriminate against non-black people.

show me one person who uses this word and is not a racist? yes, the rappers are racist, just read the lyrics.

there is no proof that 70% of RAP is purchased by white people. there is no way to even track this data. put down the glass pipe.

doggod on November 2, 2007 at 3:12 PM