Video: You’re invited to a wedding!

posted at 5:30 pm on October 30, 2007 by Allahpundit

How creepy can any video, especially a wedding video, get in the span of 120 seconds? You’re about to find out. Happy Halloween. Click the image to watch.

hamas.jpg

Comments

The group ceremony brought together 100 grooms, who celebrated without their brides in observance of Islamic law.

?

amerpundit on October 30, 2007 at 5:35 PM

That’s just creepy. Maybe it’s a Yassar Arafat Islamic law. Allegedly.

mjk on October 30, 2007 at 5:36 PM

Gyaaaaaaah!!! Ick! Ick! Ick!

I thought at first the little girls were the brides. Small consolation, I suppose, that they were merely filling in for the brides themselves, who were prevented by “modesty” from participating in their own weddings. At least we’re not subjected to video of the mass rape that must have happened that night when the brides met the strangers they had been sold to.

aero on October 30, 2007 at 5:36 PM

?

amerpundit on October 30, 2007 at 5:35 PM

flipflop on October 30, 2007 at 5:38 PM

I seem to recall that Sun Myung Moon and his “Moonies” used to hold mass weddings. Who knows…maybe they still do.

What’s good for one cult…

flipflop on October 30, 2007 at 5:42 PM

So, is this the first time a terror organization has come out of the closet?

Iblis on October 30, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Tasteless jokes associated with the wedding:

Normally the bride throws a bouquet over her shoulder. These brides throw grenades.

The bachelor party’s big moment was when the suicide bomber jumped out of the cake.

The brides weren’t present, naturally. Where are you going to find 7700 virgins on short notice?

Lacking a knife for the cake-cutting ceremony, the groom shot it with his AK-47.

Nethicus on October 30, 2007 at 5:43 PM

Nothing says “moderate, sane, and not at all in need of outside help” like a mass wedding!

calbear on October 30, 2007 at 5:46 PM

I wonder if they all “played tiger” afterwards, just like the boss-man used to do with his bodyguards back in the day.

John from OPFOR on October 30, 2007 at 5:47 PM

i can explain maybe,

In islamic tradition a wedding is done with men and women seperate. The woman and man must each hire an “attorney” who represent each of them. On the wedding day these two representatives will carry out the wedding in the mosque with the bride in the ladies side and the men in the mens side. Both representatives sit in the mens side.

The brides attorney can only be appointed by the bride herself who must agree that she alone makes the commitment without anyone forcing her. This is why muslims often say forced marriage is unislamic.

zane on October 30, 2007 at 5:49 PM

“At first I thought the little girls were the brides.”

Bwa ha ha ha ho hee hee (catch breath).

CloneTrooper on October 30, 2007 at 5:49 PM

Someone once said “It’s their culture. It’s their religion.”

thuja on October 30, 2007 at 5:51 PM

That has to be the largest ghey wedding I’ve evah seen.

And gearing up the kids with {faux} explosive belts,
just keeping the environmentalist happy with population control.

Kini on October 30, 2007 at 5:52 PM

Puh-YUKE!

thejackal on October 30, 2007 at 5:55 PM

zane on October 30, 2007 at 5:49 PM

Thanks, but it’s still creepy.

BadgerHawk on October 30, 2007 at 5:59 PM

It could be worse. It could have been another Tay Zonday video.

Weebork on October 30, 2007 at 6:00 PM

zane on October 30, 2007 at 5:49 PM

So the women are not being married to strangers in this mass wedding? Or they are, but they agreed to do it?

aero on October 30, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Actually, Allah P, this is not new. HAMAS does these mass weddings (of arranged marriages) all of the time, has for years. From 2005: Islamic Terrorists Do it Moonie-Style.

Hezbollah frequently has these, too.

Debbie Schlussel on October 30, 2007 at 6:03 PM

So, crouching tiger was playing hide the dragon?

Kini on October 30, 2007 at 6:04 PM

Guess they honeymoon alone ;)

StuLongIsland on October 30, 2007 at 6:04 PM

So little girls can wear makeup, show skin, wear relatively short skirts, and shake their little bon bons for grown men, but the day they hit puberty, they are no longer allowed to?

And if grown men are only ever allowed to look at little girls like that (since they grown women are always covered) does that automatically sexualized the girls? That IS the only flesh they will ever see, in public at least.

I don’t know, it just seems like a recipe for pedophilia, among other things.

CookeyD on October 30, 2007 at 6:04 PM

“amerpundit gets the prize for the shortest, yet most appropriate and complete comment on Hot Air.”

!

Apeking on October 30, 2007 at 6:07 PM

Snap! I’ve always wanted that one.

tikvah on October 30, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Did Miller beer send a case or two?

SouthernGent on October 30, 2007 at 6:27 PM

“As morality laws don’t apply to young girls”. Spare me. I mean, seriously, dress up the girls in wedding gowns and make up as stand ins for adults have to be covered in bags. It’s so ridiculous I almost want to laugh, almost…

I would prefer them self flaggelating.

Rode Werk on October 30, 2007 at 6:30 PM

If Muslims were the only people on earth the world would be living much like they did 2000 years ago. Diseased, decrepit, ignorant, and miserable.

A constant state of war would exist , tribe fighting tribe, over goats, water or land.
That is all.

TheSitRep on October 30, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Barbarians.

stonemeister on October 30, 2007 at 6:31 PM

? X 100,000,000,000,000,000

TheSitRep on October 30, 2007 at 6:33 PM

zane on October 30, 2007 at 5:49 PM

aero on October 30, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Correct, it maybe that they have never met, but she will have to have agreed. Most of the time these days from muslims i know, they have met before hand and maybe been engaged for a long period.

zane on October 30, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Mega-Creepy! Truly the scariest thing I’ve seen this Halloween. All I can say to that is…the liver is EVIL, it must be punished, which is what I plan to do right now.

silenced majority on October 30, 2007 at 6:51 PM

That is an understatement. The little girls, the PA guy Hitler-voice speech, the lack of brides, the fact that a wedding is a political statement, the weird arranged-marriage subtext. Wow.

carlitos on October 30, 2007 at 7:04 PM

zane on October 30, 2007 at 6:49 PM

So you’re saying that Muslim women have the right to say no to an arranged marriage. That surprises me since it doesn’t seem to match up with the rest of the Muslim way of treating women. I suspect that extremists, such as the ones in this video, regard the woman’s consent as a formality. I doubt she really has a choice and must “willingly accept” the union, or else. It depends on what their definition of “force” is. But that might just be my prejudice talking. I admit I’m heavily biased against Muslim extremists, which I regard supporters of Hamas to be. I find it very, very difficult to believe that they would really honor a woman’s refusal to marry whomever they think she should marry. But again, I admit to having a strong negative bias in the matter. Their customs repel me, as I’m sure mine repel them. Difference is, they want to kill me for it–I just cringe and judge from my computer chair in suburban Texas.

aero on October 30, 2007 at 7:05 PM

I doubt she really has a choice and must “willingly accept” the union, or else. aero on October 30, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Very true, especially in the ME. I have a friend in America who was disowned by her father and had to live in hiding for refusing to marry her cousin. Probably didn’t help things when she became a Christian and married a Jew, either.

tikvah on October 30, 2007 at 7:17 PM

Oh puh-leeeze!!!! Come on!!!! This is pure Islamophobia!!!!Islam respects and protects women and their modesty. Something the west should learn to do.

/must I?

Andy in Agoura Hills on October 30, 2007 at 7:26 PM

So it’s basically an extended bachelors’ party. Nothing wrong with that.

RedWinged Blackbird on October 30, 2007 at 7:54 PM

Those girls aren’t the brides… They have a nother year or two before their ‘lucky day’… This is probably the part of the ceremony where the grooms make their bids on their second and third wives, before they even consumate their first.

Poor girls… Poor women… Poor fools…

Rugged Individual on October 30, 2007 at 8:26 PM

carlitos on October 30, 2007 at 7:04 PM

And don’t forget the kiddos in explosive belts. I guess that’s part of their dress-up apparel these days. Sick. The little girls in whorish make-up wriggling about for the adult males made me throw up a little.

Redhead Infidel on October 30, 2007 at 9:47 PM

So it’s basically an extended bachelors’ party. Nothing wrong with that.

RedWinged Blackbird on October 30, 2007 at 7:54 PM

You think the strippers are a little young, yes?

Kini on October 30, 2007 at 9:50 PM

The young girls filled in for the brides!

Great!

And the grooms danced with one another.

Great!

And it is the fault of the West that Hamas and the Palestinians have trouble?

Great!

I think I am going to be sick.

Excuse me…

William

William2006 on October 31, 2007 at 12:41 AM

Why do the fools in power in Israel think that they can deal with these wackos? What a mess.

CraigC on October 31, 2007 at 1:49 AM

This reminds me of Waiting for Guffman, where all the characters realize that none of them has actually ever seen their flaming theater director’s wife, Bonnie.

“Yes, my super-hot supermodel wife with whom I have much the sex is at home tonight… would you like to dance, Abdul, since your super-hot wife also is at home?”

saint kansas on October 31, 2007 at 9:27 AM

Before I see the video, let me guess…

No bride?

desertdweller on October 31, 2007 at 10:50 AM

No brides?

(Had to fix that after watching the video.)

desertdweller on October 31, 2007 at 11:11 AM

At least the Moonie mass marriages, the brides and grooms were together for the ceremony and whatever celebration afterwards – no completely stupid false modesty there. You saw what you were getting into.

This is just stupid. “Modesty”? my left elbow! There’s modesty and there’s insane control. Is one supposed to be modest for the consummation? Even the Bible says no – read the Song of Solomon. There may have been no hanky or panky before the wedding, but there was sure a lot of enjoying after.

And people say Christians are deranged about sex.

Mommynator on October 31, 2007 at 11:40 AM