Rasmussen polls the race America wants: Stephen Colbert vs. Ron Paul

posted at 7:17 pm on October 30, 2007 by Allahpundit

Not even the pollsters are immune from this dreadfully slow news day.

Honestly? I’d have to think about it.

They polled him against Dennis Kucinich too. Rasmussen seems to like the Comedy Central stuff; think he’ll poll this Kucinich-related question for them if they ask nicely?

Comments

Think he’ll poll this Kucinich-related question for them if they ask nicely?

wouldn’t that be fred-related as well?

(not to me, just sayin’ we oughta be bi-partisan.)

its vintage duh on October 30, 2007 at 7:22 PM

I think I’d vote for Colbert before Paul. Its a toss up.

Jay on October 30, 2007 at 7:23 PM

Please dont ask that. The Clenis would have to be asked

William Amos on October 30, 2007 at 7:24 PM

I’d like to see that, too, personally.

An 11% congress and a talk show crank as president. That seems to be the government we deserve.

lorien1973 on October 30, 2007 at 7:24 PM

The actualy newsworthy item from this story is that %21 of Americans can’t follow directions. The question was, who would you vote for, Paul or Colbert…

“Given a choice between Colbert running as a Democrat and Republican Congressman Ron Paul, 36% of voters prefer Colbert while Paul attracts 32%. Twenty-one percent (21%) say they’d vote for some other candidate while 10% are not sure. “

offroadaz on October 30, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Ha ha, the Bircheresque Crank gets beat by a joke candidate. His cultish supporters are going to love that.

Hollowpoint on October 30, 2007 at 7:34 PM

I took that to mean that Most people wouldnt vote for either no matter what. I think I fall in that 21 %

William Amos on October 30, 2007 at 7:34 PM

While Colbert may be a clown, his supporters are just lightheaded nitwits.

Paul draws a whole different animal; societal outcasts with bad attitutdes.

JammieWearingFool on October 30, 2007 at 7:42 PM

I’d vote for Colbert over either one of them without hesitation, and I think he’s by far the most overrated person on teevee.
RP and DK are despicable and dangerous. Colbert would at least make a point (how silly the election process has become).

Re: “FLILF”–The fact that it was discussed even on Comedy Central shows the state of our tacky, tasteless, disrespectful popular culture. (Which is why I don’t watch regular teevee any more. The news reporting on it disgusts me enough.)

bamapachyderm on October 30, 2007 at 7:42 PM

I had to look twice to see if I had written that myself. ;-)

They’re f’ing nuts. It’s a game now, to see how many of them you can bait with provocative blog posts. Heeeee.

bamapachyderm on October 30, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Colbert in a heartbeat. Paul’s foreign policy is just plain dangerous.

BadgerHawk on October 30, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Frpm Boin boing. Ron Paul and the Sex Pistols are going to be on Leno.

Will theFILIF come up ?

William Amos on October 30, 2007 at 7:46 PM

Given the choice between Ron Paul and Stephen Colbert, I’d write in “Don’t Tase me BRO!”

srhoades on October 30, 2007 at 7:46 PM

Hell, Rosie or Whoopie would beat Ron “Barney Fife” Paul.

The guy is a stone cold faaaaruit cake.

TheSitRep on October 30, 2007 at 8:02 PM

csdeven

I do. No non-Mormon would waste his/her time and energy to justify such an incredible hoax.

packsoldier on October 30, 2007 at 8:08 PM

10% KKK / Skinheads
10% drug heads
60% are democrats just trying to make the right look like nut roots

Rudy’s supporters:

50% warmongers
5% pro-abortion Republicans
44% People whose political thoughts consist solely of: “9/11 bad, Rudy good, America good, me want hot dog”
1% Osama bin Laden

Mitt’s supporters:

50% warmongers
20% Mormons
5% people who can’t decide if they’re pro-abortion or not
5% people who can’t decide if they’re pro-gun or not
5% people who can’t decide if they’re pro-gay marriage or not
5% people who can’t decide on one of the other candidates
10% people who know to use “Caliphate” and “Jihadism” in a sentence, and frequently do

Fred’s supporters:

50% warmongers
30% Law and Order fans
20% people who want to see his wife get more TV time so they can get some use out of their TiVo’s pause button

Mark Jaquith on October 30, 2007 at 10:23 PM

TheSitRep on October 30, 2007 at 8:08 PM

Funny and original.

Mark Jaquith on October 30, 2007 at 10:23 PM

Lame and unoriginal.

srhoades on October 31, 2007 at 9:09 AM

I know I am not the only one that sees this resemblence:

Sir Ian Paul