Quote of the day

posted at 11:15 pm on October 30, 2007 by Allahpundit

“Leaving my men behind, I went to investigate the corpse. His right arm was torn off. His legs were nothing but punctured meat. Most of his face was gone, and only a bloody lump remained of his nose. Both eyes had been shot out. I put a boot on his chest. The Mahdi militiaman didn’t move. I kicked him. No movement. Given how many times he had been shot, I didn’t expect anything else, but just to be sure, I shot him twice in the stomach. Then I marked him with a chem light so the body disposal teams could find him later that night.

A few minutes later, a Blackhawk landed and we started loading wounded insurgents into it. While we worked, two men carried the shattered husk of that Mahdi militiaman to the helicopter. To our astonishment, he was still alive. Blood bubbles burbled up through his mangled nose and mouth. Blind, in agony, he still managed to scream through broken teeth and punctured lungs. We loaded him on the helicopter and never saw him again.

We later discovered the Mahdi militia had gained access to American epinephrine — pure adrenaline that will keep a heart pumping even after its owner has been exposed to nerve gas or chemical weapons. A dude with that in his system is almost superhuman. Short of being blown to pieces with our biggest guns, he’ll keep fighting until his limbs are severed or he bleeds out.”

Comments

Wow! I thought it was BS but ?……..Really?
Bob

Bobnormal on October 30, 2007 at 11:20 PM

It’s like Universal Soldier, except scarier. And minus the Muscles from Brussels and Punisher Mk I.

Mindcrime on October 30, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Reminds me of the Somalis in Black Hawk Down. They were high, and as a result able to keep fighting despite being shot over and over.

BadgerHawk on October 30, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Someone check Jack Murtha’s prescription log.

This could explain a lot.

sulla on October 30, 2007 at 11:25 PM

We’re up against some seriously eff’d up folks out there.

Note to Tangos: You.Do.Not.Mess with our troops.

USCitizen on October 30, 2007 at 11:32 PM

Anybody interested in this has gotta read “We Were One” by Pat O’Donnell. It’s about the Marines and the Battle of Falluja. Room by room and muzzle to muzzles against the hajjis and yes, they were all drugged up and required several shots at point blank range before they’d finally go down. Like Tony Montana after snorting a pile of coke.

This book would make a great movie, U.S. Marines kickin’ in doors of houses well prepared in advance for their arrival. The muj dug tunnels under the houses leading to other houses, all of which were surrounded by thick and high concrete walls, presighted and booby trapped. Only the skill and bravery of the Marines kept them alive and on the offensive.

Also, the book “House to House” by David Bellavia, about the Army in the Battle of Falluja, mentions the terrorists being hopped on drugs.

Tony737 on October 30, 2007 at 11:44 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the link!

BJ* on October 30, 2007 at 11:54 PM

There is truth to the saying, “The only good Mahdi is a dead Mahdi “

Kini on October 31, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Read the Bellavia book this quote is taken from two weeks ago. It really is very good. I highly recommend it.

The Apologist on October 31, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Hmm, I didn’t realize this was from “House to House” ’til Apolo mentioned it at 12:03, I didn’t click the link, just read the paragragh provided.

Anyway, it’s a great book, and “We Were One” is even better. It’s more about the unit while “House” is more about the author.

Tony737 on October 31, 2007 at 12:17 AM

Reminds me of the Moro fighters in the Philipines, the reason the US went with the .45 ACP and dropped the old .38′s.

TBinSTL on October 31, 2007 at 12:28 AM

TBinSTL on October 31, 2007 at 12:28 AM

Moros would wrap themselves in Silk… kind of a pre made bandage, then hop themselves up…

One reason why on Boarding Ops I carried a .45… and a 12 gauge with alternating slugs and shot…

and why we carried M-14s instead of M-16s… much more stopping power…

There is a LOT of anecdotal evidence that the M-4 and M-16 takes multiple rounds to put someone down…

Romeo13 on October 31, 2007 at 12:36 AM

I have seen a lot more M-14 these days…

major john on October 31, 2007 at 12:51 AM

I call BS. That’s over the top of believability.

infidel4life on October 31, 2007 at 12:54 AM

Infidel4, I can’t say I’ve seen it myself, but I work in the airline biz and I speak to troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan all the time. I ask ‘em about this and they all say the same thing … it’s true.

The hajjis put so much of this dope into their bloodstream that they’re like something out of a horror movie. Ya kill ‘em once and they get back up and come at you again. Ya kill ‘em twice and they STILL get back up. Head shots don’t even end it.

Read “We Were One”, they talk a lot about this.

Tony737 on October 31, 2007 at 1:02 AM

The zombie apocalypse has begun.

BDavis on October 31, 2007 at 1:24 AM

Cockroaches are hard to kill too. You often must stomp them multiple times.

The hippie era taught us that drugs made people stupider but they thought they were smarter. Consider Charles Manson, stupid yet deadly like a roach

The net result of this will make our troops want to kill these guys double which our military-hating self-loathing MSM will use to denounce our side as barbarians

entagor on October 31, 2007 at 2:27 AM

Someone check Jack Murtha’s prescription log.

This could explain a lot.

sulla on October 30, 2007 at 11:25 PM

Awesome

leanright on October 31, 2007 at 5:18 AM

I spoke with some of our troops when they came into our man camp in the Doura district of Baghdad. Several of them mentioned how a lot of the mooks would take several hits before they went down. And I did hear from official dispatches that a “high” percentage of the ones they autopsied tested positive for drugs.

Isn’t doing drugs prohibited in the koran?

Texas Nick 77 on October 31, 2007 at 6:01 AM

I understand that after being daisy-cut, these adrenaline-soaked mujahideen rise up–and float away as a pink mist.

Kralizec on October 31, 2007 at 6:22 AM

wow, this was one of those things that give you pause and make you say “this gives me pause”. This gives me pause.

Isn’t doing drugs prohibited in the koran?

Texas Nick 77 on October 31, 2007 at 6:01 AM

As with most things in the Koran, as long as you’re killing infidels, I think they let you skate on it.

liquidflorian on October 31, 2007 at 6:25 AM

Zombie soldiers in time for Halloween, sweeet!

Neo on October 31, 2007 at 8:12 AM

“Come back here and I’ll bight your knee caps off.”

srhoades on October 31, 2007 at 9:06 AM

It’s just a flesh wound.

reaganaut on October 31, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Just finished House to House this weekend. Excellent. I’ll read more of these types of books – one cannot even begin to imagine what our men go through.

mimi1220 on October 31, 2007 at 9:20 AM

I call BS. That’s over the top of believability.

infidel4life on October 31, 2007 at 12:54 AM

I saw a video once of cops blasting away at some clown hopped up on PCP. His heart was shredded and most of his brain was gone but he didn’t drop until about 2 minutes later. It was scary as hell and makes me think this is very believable.

Kowboy on October 31, 2007 at 10:36 AM

“These terror-insects havent hit bottom yet. When they think they are losing the war, not the battle, I expect we will see drugged up jihadists in shopping centers here. Or have we already?

entagor on October 31, 2007 at 2:27 AM”

World War IV: The Bug War.

N. O'Brain on October 31, 2007 at 11:20 AM