Comedy gold: Colmes accuses Coulter of anti-semitism

posted at 10:10 pm on October 30, 2007 by Allahpundit

Actually, that’s not quite true. He accused her of using classic anti-semitic language, which is his weaselly way of accusing her without technically accusing her.

She … does not care for the insinuation.

That comes in the last minute of the clip. The previous four are spent debating whether it’s politically correct for Christians to be Christian.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Isn’t it rich when non-believers lecture believers on what they believe? He’s disgusting.

windbag on October 30, 2007 at 10:18 PM

I’m not the biggest Hannity fan but Colmes makes that show unwatchable.

Yakko77 on October 30, 2007 at 10:18 PM

That was great! Way to go Ann!

ThackerAgency on October 30, 2007 at 10:18 PM

Colmes: Good. Now you know how it feels.

See. It’s not about what she said, it’s about making her feel contrite.

VolMagic on October 30, 2007 at 10:20 PM

I wish she had been on the same set as colmes. Do these people have no shame? Such righteous indignation. It’s ok to kill babies but you better not speak any offensive words!

peacenprosperity on October 30, 2007 at 10:20 PM

Nailed the weasel to the wall she did.

bbz123 on October 30, 2007 at 10:21 PM

Not that I can stand watching Colmes much but, are there any guests on that haven’t slapped him around like the punk he is?

91Veteran on October 30, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Alan Colmes acts like a TERRIBLE PERSON here. He needs to make this right.

ZRyan on October 30, 2007 at 10:24 PM

Coulter 1
Skeletor 0

commonsensehoosier on October 30, 2007 at 10:25 PM

Classic instance of taking scripture, taking completely out of context, and using this “new interpretation” to make a point!!

This is EXACTLY what Satan did to tempt Christ…He used scripture OUT OF CONTEXT yet Christ knowing Satan’s ploys corrected his out of context misinterpretation and used other scripture whcih showed how he was wrong.

Nice to see Colmes and his rabbis using satan’s ploys to misinterpret scripture by quoting scripture.

LordMaximus on October 30, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Colmes is a pantywaist faux-Jew weasel who just got pwned on national television.

Coulter ftw.

I wish H&C would have Prager on to discuss Ann’s comments and Dennis’ defense of them. That way Colmes can get slapped around by a Jewish pimp-hand, too.

Harpazo on October 30, 2007 at 10:26 PM

I haven’t seen the clip yet cause my server nazi’s block you tube, however, I have no doubt that Ann nailed Alan to the cross over the accusation of anti-semitism. :)

JayHaw Phrenzie on October 30, 2007 at 10:28 PM

I love how you can almost see her boil up. She doesn’t appear upset at first but then really starts to roll.

I think Ann’s right that Alan thinks it’s anti-semitic to be Christian. Nonsensically, a lot of people think others are bigoted, racist, or whatever for believing in the theological or moral supremacy of their own religion.

Nessuno on October 30, 2007 at 10:29 PM

No matter what we do as Christians, some people will hate us without cause, and will search diligently to find excuses to justify their hatred. We’ll be damned if we do, and damned if we don’t.

The hypocrites of Jesus’ day were always looking for reasons to discredit, attack, and embarrass Him. This is the sinful nature of man, and it hasn’t changed in 2000 years.

Lawrence on October 30, 2007 at 10:29 PM

stonemeister on October 30, 2007 at 10:29 PM

I have never seen a host of a television get so consistently into a fool by his guests more than Colmes. He is a walking disaster area

GogglesPisano on October 30, 2007 at 10:30 PM

LordMaximus on October 30, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Who let Mel Gibson in here? Somebody open a window. I’m on Ann’s side here and certainly don’t think she’s anti-semitic, but LordMaximus you’re skirting the edge of a very steep cliff there. Care to clarify?

The Apologist on October 30, 2007 at 10:31 PM

I think it is quite cowardly for him to kind of sneak the accusation of antisemitism in there and just try to move on “in spite of yourself, to save you from saying something else…”

He totally tried to throw it in, under the radar, and get away with it without being confronted on it.

Weak. Are there no other liberals out there to balance that show?

nailinmyeye on October 30, 2007 at 10:32 PM

I’m not the biggest Hannity fan but Colmes makes that show unwatchable.

Yakko77 on October 30, 2007 at 10:18 PM

They both make the show unwatchable.

Bad Candy on October 30, 2007 at 10:32 PM

That was so good I had to watch it again. I’m so glad she didn’t apologize (not that I thought she would). Most people would shy away from that debate. Colmes was expecting her to. She beat him to a pulp like I haven’t seen anyone do in a while. He totally deserved it.

ThackerAgency on October 30, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Except for her unnecessary attack on Bill Clinton, she was right in everything she said relative to being a Christian. And I’m an atheist and no big fan of Christianity.

I have had the same experience as Ann with Colmes defending Ann to people even on the center-left. They just want to spew the most outrageous nonsense and are unwilling to listen to what she actually said. It’s just one example of why I say we should listen carefully to each other.

thuja on October 30, 2007 at 10:33 PM

The Apologist on October 30, 2007 at 10:31 PM

Yeah, I agree with ya Apologist, that’s edging toward Mel Gibson territory. Q’APLAAAA!!!!

Bad Candy on October 30, 2007 at 10:35 PM

I have no problem with Christians. I have no problem with Jews. I have no problem with Ann Coulter. But Alan Colmes is a sniveling worm.

So…what? Am I a bigot?

thejackal on October 30, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Fantastic job!! She could have even pressed him further! Hey Colmes! Is the Democrat party better than the Republican party?? Do you think Dems are fairer?? Smarter?? Care more about the suffering poor?? Have better ideas?? You can’t say yes or your a bigot!! All political parties are the same! They have to be by your own definitions!! If religions are all the same should not political parties be as well,, or do you elevate parties above religions???? Do you think Hilary cares more than Bush?? You can’t say yes or you are a bigot!! I’d like to ask him why he is a Jew, if he is? Why not be a Jew today, a Muslim tomorrow and a Christian next week?? They are all equal so what does it matter!! By going to the synagogue on Saturday is he not by his choice saying he would rather be there than a church?? Why?? How dare he!!! I am sick of these people! Ann really is just responding to this idiocy as anyone should! With common sense that so few on our side are willing to use!!!

JellyToast on October 30, 2007 at 10:40 PM

I don’t mind a sharp-tongued, mini-dressed woman representing my political views, but she’s not the best ambassador for my religious beliefs.

jgapinoy on October 30, 2007 at 10:41 PM

This must be a pre halloween prank by Colmes.

It a appears to me,that DNC strategy for this election
is to spin Republican religous groups against each other,
that way Republican are arguing with each other,that way
somehow,somewhere it buys time for the Liberals to try and get their act together.

All I’ve seen is Mitt mormon enough,is Rudy catholic enough,
CNN specials,per nausea are Christians no better than Muslims(CNNs words,not mine.)

This election,Liberals are bent on h!ll or high water
to drive a wedge into the Christian right!

canopfor on October 30, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Read what I wrote…he is USING that ploys of Satan…Satan frequently used these ploys not only by himself toward Christ and men but also through the Rabbis, et.al., of that day (Pharisees, Sadducees, etc.) that refused to come down from their pride and accept that they were speaking to the Messiah..read the Gospels, it will become clearer for you.

Just as God uses men for His means, Satan too can infiltrate the minds of men and they act on his behalf, whether they realize it or not, by using his ploys. Christ tried to point this out to many of them…some realized their error and repented, others did not.

LordMaximus on October 30, 2007 at 10:42 PM

The Apologist on October 30, 2007 at 10:31 PM

Probably a dangerous undertaking questioning LordMaximus

sweeper on October 30, 2007 at 10:43 PM

The Apologist on October 30, 2007 at 10:31 PM

A shot here –

I think he means that Colmes said that he had talked to his rabbis, and they pointed him to that Matthew passage. Colmes, and by extension his rabbis, take this passage completely out of context, disregard its meaning within its context, and try to use their imposed meaning as a hammer with which to beat their opponent – Coulter. As for “satan,” he was asserting that this is the tactic Satan used with Jesus in the temptation narratives in the Gospels.

Agree with him or not, I don’t think LordMaximus is being antisemitic, or behaving like Mel Gibson.

Again, just a shot – but I’m trying to be charitable.

nailinmyeye on October 30, 2007 at 10:45 PM

So…what? Am I a bigot?

thejackal on October 30, 2007 at 10:37 PM

RACIST!

Bad Candy on October 30, 2007 at 10:46 PM

With Deutsch Coulter said that her view of a perfect America would involve everyone converting to Christianity. Not a horrible thing, but her views are not in line with the founders of the country.

dedalus on October 30, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Congratulations Ann for not letting Alan make his snide remark and move on. You called his bluff and left him speechless, because he could not defend his charge. Ann Coulter an anti-Semite? Fighting words indeed and there is no doubt who won that one!

I’m not a big Hannity and/or Colmes fan. I mostly watch Glenn Beck at that time, but I flip back and forth. Glad I caught this live!

Ordinary1 on October 30, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Ok, why in hell is FNC starting to piss off people like Ann and Michelle? This is a bad trend.

kevcad on October 30, 2007 at 10:49 PM

but she’s not the best ambassador for my religious beliefs.

jgapinoy on October 30, 2007 at 10:41 PM

while I agree with you that I’d rather her not speak for my personal beliefs. I’m glad she was speaking there instead of some PC preacher. And I don’t disagree with anything she said. Her comment about ‘soup’ was the icing on the cake. . . I was rolling because it was so apropos . . . perfect even.

‘Is soup the food of anti-Semites?’ LOL

ThackerAgency on October 30, 2007 at 10:49 PM

thejackal on October 30, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Worm bigot.

BobH on October 30, 2007 at 10:50 PM

I thought it might have just been the phrasing of it. It’s hard to read tone on-line. That’s why I asked for clarification. I think the follow up makes it clear he was just articulating doctrine.

The Apologist on October 30, 2007 at 10:52 PM

Good for Ann.

One thing that annoys me to no end about conservatives who criticize Ann Coulter is their constant accusation that she only says what she says to sell books and make money. ANYBODY who bothers to read a word she writes, and actually listen to her as she speaks, and watch her facial expressions, should be able to tell that she believes everything she says.

In some ways conservative criticism of Ann is more of an insult to her than all the liberals who call her a bigoted, racist, liar who used to be a man.

Jaynie59 on October 30, 2007 at 10:53 PM

dedalus on October 30, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Not to quibble with you, we probably would end up agreeing with each other, but I recall her saying that Jews would be perfected if they agreed with the new testam…oh well I don’t give a Damn what Donnie or Ann think about anything

sweeper on October 30, 2007 at 10:53 PM

I’m a Jew, and wasn’t the least bit offended at what Ann actually did say. She was saying that she takes her religion seriously, as I would hope any religious person does (Islamists excepted, of course). And she believes her religion is correct. If Alan or any other person insinuates from this that Ann believes his religion is wrong, well, then, boo freaking hoo!

stonemeister on October 30, 2007 at 10:29 PM

If only that nitwit would get as excited about Islamic extremists…

91Veteran on October 30, 2007 at 10:53 PM

The Apologist on October 30, 2007 at 10:52 PM

It is hard to read tone online…but the funny thing is that sometimes the tone comes through loud and clear. But, that’s usually when people are pissed off. Anyway…

nailinmyeye on October 30, 2007 at 10:55 PM

Did I hear Ann right? Did she say that Christians believe that Jews who still practice the old testement will go to heaven? I’m not sure what she’s been reading but, I don’t recall that in the New Testament. Christ said the only way to get to the Father was through him.

boomer on October 30, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Hard to beieve any one could be as stupid as Colmes, yet he proves it at least weekly.

I have wondered if it is possible he is having a hard time playing a role he no longer believes in.

Naa, he is just as stupid as he portrays himself as being. As a lefty he needs to be replaced with a intellengent liberal. Then maybe we can get a meaningful debate going that we viewers can actually learn somthing from.

Wake up fox. PLEASE!

allrsn on October 30, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Something that offends me, a Christian Jew, is when a stuffed shirt like Alan Colmes tell me I’m anti-semitic! How dare you? As a wise rabbi (they’re all wise, I know) once said to me upon my acceptance of Jesus’ sacrifice for me, “Well, when you think about it, Christianity is really just a sect of Judaism.” Bingo. Alan Colmes is a liberal zealot first, a Jew second. He makes me ill.

sondiehl on October 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM

but I recall her saying that Jews would be perfected if they agreed with the new testament

She did say that too, which is reasonable for a Christian to believe. The conversation started with Deutsch asking her what her “perfect” or “ideal” country would be like. I agree with you about not caring about either of the two individuals. The conversation was a rambling one about a very imaginary hypothetical. In my perfect world beer and barbecue would turn you into an Olympic athlete.

dedalus on October 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM

There, 3 times now will he disappear into the h3ll he came from.

CloneTrooper on October 30, 2007 at 11:00 PM

The Apologist on October 30, 2007 at 10:31 PM

OMG get a grip!

It’s a common theme all throughout the gospels, that the Powers that Be (in Jesus’ time, that would be the Pharisees) would attempt to provoke Jesus into saying something that went against God , usually by throwing scriptures at Him.

Boy oh boy… what is it with all these people who are chomping at the bit to cast Christians as Antisemites?

Matthew 23:29 “Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have participated with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ By saying this you testify against yourselves that you are descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up then the measure of your ancestors! You snakes, you offspring of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

“For this reason I am sending you prophets and wise men and experts in the law, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town, so that on you will come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. I tell you the truth, this generation will be held responsible for all these things! “

VinceP1974 on October 30, 2007 at 11:02 PM

In my perfect world beer and barbecue would turn you into an Olympic athlete.

dedalus on October 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM

Let the competition begin!

sweeper on October 30, 2007 at 11:02 PM

Colmes started out lecturing about humility? Does he even pay attention to what he is saying? Oh wait a minute, never mind.

Buford on October 30, 2007 at 11:02 PM

Colmes, The Occasional Jew.

Texyank on October 30, 2007 at 11:09 PM

VinceP1974 on October 30, 2007 at 11:02 PM

I’ve known a few anti-semitic christians in my day. I’m a little sensitive (over sensitive?) to it. I asked him to clarify. He did. No biggie.

The Apologist on October 30, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Colmes, The Occasional Jew.

Texyank on October 30, 2007 at 11:09 PM

And rarer of thought.

allrsn on October 30, 2007 at 11:13 PM

boomer on October 30, 2007 at 10:57 PM

I’m not a Christian, so I don’t know a whole heck of lot about the NT, but don’t Jews get special dispensation vis-a-vis the whole getting into Heaven thing? I mean, Jesus was a Jew, wasn’t he?

Mindcrime on October 30, 2007 at 11:17 PM

thats my girl she ripped colmes a new one , which is a good thing since his head is shoved firmly in his old one

Mojack420 on October 30, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Last year while listening to Colmes’ radio show, he professed to being a Jew.

If I not mistaken, a few months ago, soon after he got married, he stated that he no longer considered himself a Jew.

Now, that’s what I call a true anti-semitic.

pocomoco on October 30, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Thanks Ann

Rode Werk on October 30, 2007 at 11:37 PM

Coulter 100
Skeletor 0

commonsensehoosier on October 30, 2007 at 10:25 PM

If I may be so bold…

Jaibones on October 30, 2007 at 11:37 PM

I know anti-semites…..Ann Coulter you are no anti-semite

robo on October 30, 2007 at 11:39 PM

Yeah, skeletor’s a$$ must be pretty sore after the ripping Dick Morris gave it last night and the scourging of same orifice that Ann gave it tonight.

csdeven on October 30, 2007 at 11:40 PM

I am so happy to note that the only time I see (Hannity’s or) Colmes’s face any more or hear his juvenile tripe is when I click the image here at HotAir.

Jaibones on October 30, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Colmes is not very smart is he?

d1carter on October 30, 2007 at 11:52 PM

I worship Ann! I’m neither Jew nor Gentile. I simply worship her.

SouthernGent on October 30, 2007 at 11:55 PM

ANN ROCKS
And Alan is a really bad passive bottom.

400lb Gorilla on October 31, 2007 at 12:05 AM

Whoa, colmes!

Where did you get that quote, claiming it was from Matthew’s Gospel?

Who gave you your notes?

I did an easy search on Matthew and Moses in the Bible. Your quote is not there. Your quote is misleading. The section in Matthew about Moses is much more detailed than what YOU read. Had Ann Coulter known that, she could have chews you a new one, so to speak.

If Ann did not know the verse, it would have been to her advantage to call a time out, ask Colmes what he was erading, open a Bible, look it up, and then contest Colmes misrepresentation of that verse.

Try Matthew 23: 1-39.

It is not quite what Colmes was reading.

Interesting to say the least.

Would someone call that, dishonesty? Or even misdirection?

In that section of the Bible, Jesus condemns the pompous Rabbis, etc. He condemns the hypocracy.

Colmes also misrepresented the quote regarding the meek shall inherit the earth. Colmes added the “meek, not the arrogant,” which means, Colmes added to that verse. In the Bible, usually the text merely states that “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” from Matthew 5:5

Colmes was grandstanding, and he is arrogant, and he is deceptive.

Too bad Coulter did not also get him on his misrepresentation of the Christian scripture.

William

William2006 on October 31, 2007 at 12:06 AM

Rarely have I seen Colmes so rattled, good job Annie, keep up the good work.

Maxx on October 31, 2007 at 12:28 AM

I quit watching Hanity & Colmes because Colmes ruins the show. The only reason I watched this clip was to see Ann make him look like the fool he is.

Helloyawl on October 31, 2007 at 12:38 AM

Texyank on October 30, 2007 at 11:09 PM

Too bad you and others couldn’t come up with a more intelligent way to express what you’re thinking. Ann Coulter is searing enough; no need to pile crap on steak.

The Race Card on October 31, 2007 at 12:40 AM

boomer on October 30, 2007 at 10:57 PM

“I[Jesus] and the Father are one.” John 10:30

“But I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no Savior except me. ” Hosea 13:4

“And so all Israel will be saved…” Romans 11:26.

pedestrian on October 31, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Colmes kills me with his accusatory tone when he told Ann… you think your religion is better than everyone else’s…. or something to that effect.

Well yeah Allen, people of a given religion think their religion is better than everyone else’s. I mean, who in their right mind is going to choose what they believe is the second best religion for themselves?

Hummm… lets see, I think Buddhism is best, but I’m going to go with Shinto. How disingenuous can you be Colmbs?

Maxx on October 31, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Feigned outrage on both of their parts IMO. That and Sean preoccupied with a plastic Glock gave the show the perfect Halloween-eve surrealism.

infidel4life on October 31, 2007 at 12:48 AM

Watching Ann deal with Alan is reminiscent of last weekend’s Patriots/Redskins game…

D2Boston on October 31, 2007 at 12:56 AM

I wonder, will the ADL condemn Colmes as anti Christian?

Speakup on October 31, 2007 at 1:10 AM

…along with her heavy makeup job and unmistakably obvious Adams Apple.

AprilOrit on October 31, 2007 at 1:42 AM

Colmes is not offended by Ann’s remarks, as a Jew.
Colmes is offended by Ann’s politics, as a liberal.
The “anti-semitism” thing is just a convenient way for him to attack her.

By using the word “perfected” instead of “doctrinally completed” she left an inch of room for liberals to willfully misinterpret her and spin it into a mile of vacuous polemic.

This does Jewish people a great dis-service. By wheeling out the “antisemite” card to someone who patently ISN’T antisemitic, they make Jews look like whining liberals. They also undermine complaints against genuine antisemites.

Also, as Ann quite rightly says, what is wrong in asserting that ones own religion is superior? Surely that is why anyone believes in a religion…because they believe it to be the truest.

uptight on October 31, 2007 at 2:05 AM

Colmes was a complete prick, and Ann was dead-on. And I don’t even like Ann anymore, but she scored a bullseye on this one.

MadisonConservative on October 31, 2007 at 2:19 AM

I have a theory about why there is now so much “religion” debate in the public square. It goes like this:

Not long after 9/11 it became too obvious to everyone, especially “anti-war” liberals who’d been pretending otherwise, that Islam was in fact not a religion of peace and was, in a fundamental way, the root of the current holy war against the free world. But for a liberal to admit this was tantamount to sacrilege in his own fundamentalist religion, political correctness. So to avoid having to face reality (liberals are psychologically capable of nothing else), which in this case entailed supporting the American military and a Republican president (a line not to be crossed at any cost) liberals started the “all religions are equally bad” gambit. This lets them, they think, avoid having to deal with the aggressive and violent nature of Islam. The dissing of all religions then led, naturally, to the current atheism vogue (trendy as it is), which in turn leads to “discussions” such as Holmes and Coulter here.

The way out of this is to stay focused on the ball: the uniquely aggressive nature of Islam, which separates it from all other religions. It’s the topic liberals are most scared of, and like Colmes here, will avoid in eye-popping ways. But you’ve got to hand it to the liberals – in the midst of a war with Islamists, they’ve managed to deflect the discussion to Christianity, Judaism, and the need for religion in general – all to avoid looking Islam in the face. We shouldn’t fall for it. End of theory.

Halley on October 31, 2007 at 2:26 AM

ThackerAgency on October 30, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Darn. Now I have to watch the clip. I was hoping to avoid old pumpkin head

entagor on October 31, 2007 at 2:32 AM

Halley on October 31, 2007 at 2:26 AM

Good point… but I think it goes deeper than that.

One of the tenents of multicultualism is that all cultures are equal…

There is no right, no wrong, only opinion… there is no good, and no evil, and nothing worth FIGHTING for.

We see it on College campuses… we see it in media… they are NOT willing to stand up for the Freedoms our forefathers fought so hard to attain… they don’t even recognize who the enemy really is…

Case in point… the Gay debate… Gays protest against the Catholic church… who points a finger at them and says shame…

While NOT protesting Islam, which STONES THEM TO DEATH!

They just can’t really wrap their minds around the fact that there is still true evil in the world… that needs to be fought.

Romeo13 on October 31, 2007 at 2:43 AM

Do either of them eat? It was like two bags of coat hangers rustling at each other.

Winner: Coulter!

Black Adam on October 31, 2007 at 2:58 AM

As Jesus said the meek, not the rude and arrogant will inherit the earth – Colmes to Anne

Was that from the extended version of the Sermon on the Mount?

I like Colmes describing Coulter’s language as the language of classic anti-Semitism. He couldn’t even lob a cheap shot properly

If he had called her language the classic language of anti-secularism he might have resonated.

I muse how Allen interprets this part of the Ten Commandments which is from the original ‘sermon on the mount’:

Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments

Three generations? Is this the classic language of anti-paganism?

Ah well. ‘Tis Hallow-e’en. Anne made a jack-o-lantern out of a mere pumpkin.

entagor on October 31, 2007 at 3:00 AM

…along with her heavy makeup job and unmistakably obvious Adams Apple.

AprilOrit on October 31, 2007 at 1:42 AM

Why don’t you go spew your revolting BS at DU.

Attack her arguments and her points if you have enough intelligence to do so, which judging from your post is extremely unlikely. But a completely ridiculous attack on her personal appearance?

Ann has 10x the brainpower of a worm like you or Colmes and your only argument is spewing ridiculous crap like a DU morin.

JayHaw Phrenzie on October 31, 2007 at 3:21 AM

Argh!

morin=moron

JayHaw Phrenzie on October 31, 2007 at 3:21 AM

JellyToast on October 30, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Taking this literally and probably out of context, and not as a personal jab at JellyToast, it matters a great deal. It matters because each of the religious groups noted do not view themselves as equals.

It matter very little to each religious group what the secular left or secular right think regarding the equality of respective religions. Yeah, some of us like to argue about it, but I’m not going to change my religious views just because some secular intellectual doesn’t like them. Most Jews won’t, most Christians won’t, and more importantly no Islamofascists will.

Lawrence on October 31, 2007 at 4:02 AM

Alan Colmes is pathetic.

He accuses Ann Coulter of using classic anti-semitic language, but cannot even quote what she said.

slp on October 31, 2007 at 4:57 AM

I’ve yet to see the purpose of these attacks on Coulter by the left, beyond an exercise of rule 8

Rule 8: Keep the pressure on. Use different tactics and actions and use all events of the period for your purpose. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this that will cause the opposition to react to your advantage.”

or rule 11

Rule 11: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it. Don’t try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies. Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame.

of Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals.

But what is it intended to accomplish?

It isn’t (1) converting people to hate Ann Coulter or making her into a pariah – people have already made up their mind about her either way, (2) humiliating her, or (3) going to provoke her as she is carefully staying on message.

What it is doing is making Colmes look like a bigger asshoe than he already is.

georgej on October 31, 2007 at 5:12 AM

…along with her heavy makeup job and unmistakably obvious Adams Apple.

AprilOrit on October 31, 2007 at 1:42 AM

How original. I love it how liberals can’t refute any of Ann’s arguments so they have to resort to the same attacks: “duhhhhh – she’s mean and she’s got a big adam’s apple on accounta she’s A MAN!!!”

Dork B. on October 31, 2007 at 5:30 AM

…unmistakably obvious Adams Apple.

AprilOrit on October 31, 2007 at 1:42 AM

I feel it incumbent upon myself to point to out that EACH of us has an adams apple (or larynx). Even morons like YOU. Some of us use this organ to make harmonious sounds we call singing. But everyone uses it to communicate ideas using something called “speech” and “language.”

I know that this concept is foreign to you because you appear to be rather ignorant as to the purpose of this organ, or how the physics of the larynx makes the “sounds” we call speech, or in a lucky few, the harmonious sounds called “singing.”

So, I’ll make analogy.

Everybody also has an anus. But YOU are such a BIG ASSHOLE that you can encompass entire tour bus, and still leave room for a San Francisco gay bar.

Now, I won’t make fun of YOU, asshole, if you don’t make fun of Ms. Coulter’s larynx. Deal?

georgej on October 31, 2007 at 5:31 AM

Dork B. on October 31, 2007 at 5:30 AM

Republicans can be equally immature. Check out some of the comments made about Debbie Schlussel, presumably one of our own.

The Race Card on October 31, 2007 at 6:37 AM

windbag on October 30, 2007 at 10:18 PM

Spoken like a true Muslim to the infidels.

Shy Guy on October 31, 2007 at 7:05 AM

She’s not a founder of this country or even a current elected official. What the founders gave us, and liberals are trying to take away, was the freedom for anyone to speak their mind.

peacenprosperity on October 31, 2007 at 7:20 AM

AprilOrit on October 31, 2007 at 1:42 AM

Liberal butt pirates are always jealous of Ann.

peacenprosperity on October 31, 2007 at 7:29 AM

Alan Colmes.

Alan Colmes is a skinny white guy with ugly glasses.

I disagree with Alan Colmes politically.

Does this mean I’m an “anti-colmite”?

Based on what Colmes defines as anti-semitic, does this mean that anti-colmites hate skinny men with ugly glasses and should apologize because we think he’d look better by adding a few pounds, find a better barber and have lasik?

GT on October 31, 2007 at 7:36 AM

This whole thing did nothing but crack me up. The irony is just wonderful.

I don’t like Coulter much. She’s said a lot of stupid, offensive, counter-productive things.

But, man, this ain’t one of them. She accurately repeated a basic tenet of Christianity. If the word she chose – “perfected” – is not her original word. It’s a common theological principle. It doesn’t mean “made perfect,” it means “completed.” Christians consider themselves perfected, but that mean. Not perfect.

Whatever. Everyone knows both what she said and what she meant, and everyone knows it’s exactly what Christians say and mean.

Coulter-haters made a mistake. They didn’t listen. They jumped on something they ASSUMED was offensive, because Coulter said it.

How ironic. She commonly says things that are truly offensive, and then they screw up and go after her for this.

And I love that she got honestly angry. I never say her mad after the “faggot” kerfluffle. Coulter doesn’t mind if you’re offended when she means to be offended. But she pretty obviously take offense when you obtusely misunderstand her easy-to-understand point.

Awesome. I’m still not a Coulter fan … but I am a little more than I was yesterday.

And I think liberals are a little more stupid than I did yesterday.

Professor Blather on October 31, 2007 at 7:36 AM

morin=moron

JayHaw Phrenzie on October 31, 2007 at 3:21 AM

I hate when I do that. It’s usually right after I call someone illiterate.

Jaibones on October 31, 2007 at 7:42 AM

Why don’t you go spew your revolting BS at DU.

JayHaw Phrenzie on October 31, 2007 at 3:21 AM

To be fair, a dozen people in this thread called Colmes “Skeletor.”

Not sure how you get mad at one guy who goes the usual Adam’s Apple route in attacking Coulter and ignore all those who mocked Colmes’ appearance.

I say they’d make a fine Skelotor-ian couple. Both of them.

Of course, they’re both Greek gods made flesh compared to Debbie “Ivan Drago Post-Lobotomy” Schlussel.

Oh, yeah. I said it.

Professor Blather on October 31, 2007 at 7:47 AM

Colmes is a whiny little leftist worm that literally makes my skin crawl.

rplat on October 31, 2007 at 7:47 AM

Whoa, colmes!

Where did you get that quote, claiming it was from Matthew’s Gospel?

Who gave you your notes?

Try Matthew 23: 1-39.

It is not quite what Colmes was reading.

William2006 on October 31, 2007 at 12:06 AM

Also:

A shot here –

nailinmyeye on October 30, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Colmes is quoting Rabbi Shmuel Boteach, who is quoting from Matthew 5:19, the beginning of the Sermon of the Mount. Bible, King James, Version, Matthew, Chapter 5.

Verses 17-19 are authentic Jewish teaching and the early Judeo-Christians conducted themselves this way. See for example Luke 24:53, Acts 2:44-46, Acts 6:7 and Acts 21:20.

So there’s the quote, though the KJV doesn’t mention Moses name in the verses.

But the verses are definitely there and I don’t see how they are taken out of context, although it’s easy to find attempts to wiggle out of the elementary meaning of these verses. Here’s a convoluting example.

Any of you need help kashering your kitchens? :)

Shy Guy on October 31, 2007 at 7:50 AM