Video: Iranian military symbolically smites Israel, Nazi America

posted at 10:14 am on October 26, 2007 by Allahpundit

The swastika on the American flag is a nice touch. I wonder, what happened to love, peace, justice, dignity, friendship, laughter, prosperity, and flowers? Click the image to watch.

revue.jpg

Comments

I thought they said that they have no gays in Iran…but just look at how they coordinate the colors!

Is this Iran’s version of the Japanese Self Defense Force’s ‘In the Navy’ dance?

James on October 26, 2007 at 10:17 AM

This could easily have been staged at Columbia U.

Its Tommy on October 26, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Was this one ever posted here on Hot Air? It’s got something a little more provocative than swords.

angryoldfatman on October 26, 2007 at 10:18 AM

I know it was intended to look like a sword, but it looks a bit phallic IMHO. I guess not, since there aren’t any gays in Iran…

pullingmyhairout on October 26, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Damn, I thought they were gonna do the “Thriller” dance again.

sunny on October 26, 2007 at 10:21 AM

What was Madeline Halfbright’s opinion? Personally, I think the N.Koreans make their slaves work harder.

JiangxiDad on October 26, 2007 at 10:22 AM

These people are right there, showing the world their intentions. Yet I still have to hear how Iran only wants a peaceful nuclear program, wouldn’t attack another country, or only wants weapons to defend itself…

Response, Ron Paul?

amerpundit on October 26, 2007 at 10:22 AM

And yet, every day in this country, we’re villified if we want to be patriotic, in the face of this outright nationalism.

I fear our response to the coming war…

MadisonConservative on October 26, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Let’s send Obama to talk to them. It all must be some sort of misunderstanding.

swami on October 26, 2007 at 10:29 AM

pullingmyhairout on October 26, 2007 at 10:20 AM

I think you are right.

This is clearly a sign from the Gay Guard. They are sending secret messages to their friends. This must be the “moderate” Iranians we’ve been hearing about.

faraway on October 26, 2007 at 10:30 AM

I think this is how they should enter the Olympics during the opening parade! WOOHOO! Also, the producers might want to consider them EYE-rain-ee-ans for the half-time show at the Superbowl. I’m sure that are plenty of musicians that would LOVE to play for them.

robblefarian on October 26, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Nice dancing there, children.

Now, swing yore pardner, dosey-do back to the mosque and bang yore heads on the flo.

Texas Nick 77 on October 26, 2007 at 10:30 AM

With military marching exercises like these is it any wonder that these Islamic armies usually get their asses handed to them in a matter of weeks by the US?

awake on October 26, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Looks like they have their own version of Goering….too many midnight bagels.

Limerick on October 26, 2007 at 10:32 AM

“weeks” should read hours or days

faraway on October 26, 2007 at 10:32 AM

The band music at the beginning was a comical tune. If it is an original/traditional tune, it doesn’t reflect well on Irans’ military.

captivated_dem on October 26, 2007 at 10:32 AM

The most dangerous brigade in the Iranian army ?

Burkha Brigade

William Amos on October 26, 2007 at 10:33 AM

Wow, that was quite a half-time show!

Ann on October 26, 2007 at 10:34 AM

I’m always impressed when I see such large formations marching so well. I can’t even imagine the Army putting any D&C together that could compete with that. We just don’t have the time for it.

Of course, all the time Iran took training to do that was time they weren’t training for war, so that’s good.

BadgerHawk on October 26, 2007 at 10:35 AM

Senator Craig is now planning a secret insertion into Iran.

faraway on October 26, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Senator Craig is now planning a secret insertion into Iran.

faraway on October 26, 2007 at 10:36 AM

I think he already has. I thought I saw a few wide stances in that parade

William Amos on October 26, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Ironically, likening America to nazi’s should ingraciate us to a majority of the Muslim world. THANKS Ahmadinejad!

Verbal Abuse on October 26, 2007 at 10:40 AM

step step step kick
step step step kick
step step step kick

lol. Let’s have a gay ol’ time at the parade.

TexasDan on October 26, 2007 at 10:41 AM

Some U.S. Air Force pilot just got a target assignment.

Limerick on October 26, 2007 at 10:43 AM

I liked the MiG at the end. Nice touch.

SouthernDem on October 26, 2007 at 10:44 AM

I heard the DNC just signed them to perform at the Democratic Convention. Should be a real crowd pleaser.

JayHaw Phrenzie on October 26, 2007 at 10:45 AM

I saw this same parade in SanFrancisco a few weeks ago. They certainly take pride in their work.

faraway on October 26, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Wow. Iran PWNS North Korea when it comes to synchronized mass cheerleading.

BohicaTwentyTwo on October 26, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Ooh, I liked the jazz hands! Faaabulous!

Dork B. on October 26, 2007 at 10:48 AM

Where is a MOAB when you need one…..

csdeven on October 26, 2007 at 10:49 AM

The IAF just blew up a Nuclear Weapons thingie in Syria. And Iran puts on parades. Yeah, I’m sure the Israelis are shaking in their boots.

And the swastika is probably just pissing the IDF off….

mjk on October 26, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Clearly we have been conducting the wrong kind of diplomacy with Iran. Congressmen Barney Frank and Larry Craig have been sent on a new mission to open up relations with like minded Iranians. I see a brighter future – one with a rainbow of possibilities.

faraway on October 26, 2007 at 10:53 AM

What’s with the Three Stooges music?

They look nice marching. In their yellow booties.

I don’t know, can you dot the “I” in Iran with a tuba player. That’s all that was missing from the show.

fogw on October 26, 2007 at 10:55 AM

Quote Ron Paul ” ant you SEE this is all Blow Back ! Iran has every right to be made at America for making them march in matching colors !”

William Amos on October 26, 2007 at 10:59 AM

Ooh, I liked the jazz hands! Faaabulous!

Dork B. on October 26, 2007 at 10:48 AM

ROTFLMAO. You just made my day.

pullingmyhairout on October 26, 2007 at 11:07 AM

By the way, that jet at the end is the latest in Iranian technology.

Verbal Abuse on October 26, 2007 at 11:09 AM

the swastika makes a good target although indiscriminate bombing has its merits.

BillLalor on October 26, 2007 at 11:13 AM

Just curious – obvioulsy Iran’s military is a joke compared to ours. But maybe you guys can help me out here – who would you say comes closest to us in terms of military strength – China? I honestly don’t know. Who would you say the Pentagon considers our biggest potential challenge?

Dork B. on October 26, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Assclowns on Parade. Definitely phallic…but that’s so not gay.

And hey…how did they get the recording of my 5th grade band?

dont taze me bro on October 26, 2007 at 11:19 AM

BadgerHawk on October 26, 2007 at 10:35 AM

You must not have seen the silent drill team. Our military could do that type of stuff. We don’t generally get impressed unless it is synchronizing with jets like the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds. I guess making pictures of jets and the ‘whoosh’ sound with your mouth is just as good to them.

Seriously though that music and the band could use a little practice. They would have done better if they had just done the Darth Vader theme song.

ThackerAgency on October 26, 2007 at 11:24 AM

I thought the were using the theme from “Cats”

William Amos on October 26, 2007 at 11:25 AM

who would you say comes closest to us in terms of military strength

Russia. Until they get rid of their nuclear arsenal they are clearly our main threat. I just wish we had taken the opportunity after the cold war to become staunch allies with them. Too bad we could not look past cold war mentality after the cold war was over. We are slowly drifting back in that direction with the Russians.

ThackerAgency on October 26, 2007 at 11:26 AM

Taken from the “Dirty Dozen” during the inspection of the troops scene:

“They’re very pretty Col, very pretty…but can they fight“?

“Yes sir”

“I hope your right”

Sgt. Khe Sahn

1GooDDaDDy on October 26, 2007 at 11:29 AM

Russia distrusts NATO and they are suspicious of Star Wars.

The thing is they no longer have a major war going on in Chechnya. We have dried up that hole by draining the jihadists to Iraq.

They veiw backing Iran as the same as the US backing Poland.

William Amos on October 26, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Now that there is what you call a target rich environment.

But it did make me remember marching band practice from when I was in high school. Tremble in fear of the mighty iranian military? Not so much.

techno_barbarian on October 26, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Notice how the sword did not cut through the flag, but they had to make the flag move toward the sword. I take it this is symbolic of Iran’s military being only for defense against an American attack. The problem with that of course, is that when the US comes to take them out, they won’t be coming with flags.

jihadwatcher on October 26, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Where is a MOAB when you need one…..

csdeven on October 26, 2007 at 10:49 AM

My thought exactly. Bunch of scumbag lobbyists.

Texas Nick 77 on October 26, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Nothing like being inspected by grandpa in his bathrobe.
The trombones were great though wern’t they? woo-e-woo-e-woo

mjkazee on October 26, 2007 at 11:49 AM

This could easily have been staged at Columbia U.

Its Tommy on October 26, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Yah, it’s the halftime show this football season.

My mind always goes back to 1979, when Jimmy Carter could have put an end to this and the world would have just sat back and expected it from a world leader with their embassy attacked and people taken hostage.

Hening on October 26, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Russia is also a huge threat in terms of supplying nuclear weapons and technology nations for the quick buck…But honestly, we could destroy Iran, and yet, we wouldn’t, because of our media. In order to avoid the baby-killer accusations, we would risk our guys on precision insertions, special-operations, etc. in the attempt to minimize civilian casualties. I don’t think that’s the only reason we try to minimize civilian deaths, but I think it facotrs into why we seem at times to go to ridiculous lengths…

Dork B. on October 26, 2007 at 11:51 AM

I think it’s about time for an “malfunction” at their oil refinery.

CP on October 26, 2007 at 12:00 PM

So that’s what happened to “Up With People.”

lazypadawan on October 26, 2007 at 12:25 PM

I’m a Qud and I’m okay,
I sleep all night and march all day,
– He’s a Qud and he’s okay,
– He sleeps all night and marches all day ….

Dusty on October 26, 2007 at 12:27 PM

jihadwatcher on October 26, 2007 at 11:38 AM

I thought that was odd. Then the “US Flag” and Star of David re-form, and it looks like they are chasing down the “jet” at the end. Then the clip ends. So are they saying we (US and Israel) will attack them, and will realize that they no longer have a “sword” (primitive) military? They will show us that they are advanced? I dunno. It’s been a long week and I’m too tired to try to figure out what goes on in the minds of jack-booted thugs and their enablers.

lan astaslem on October 26, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Make light all you want, but everyone knows the dreaded Middle Eastern penile cactus leaves a nasty red mark when you’re “pricked” by it.

Rational Thought on October 26, 2007 at 12:49 PM

When my daughter was at Cal she was in the band and pulled off many entertaining halftime marching band feats of coordination. but they never did anything quite like this one!

Comedy gold.

Bob's Kid on October 26, 2007 at 1:58 PM

No, make that platinum.

Bob's Kid on October 26, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Throughout I continued to have fantasies of a few daisy cutters popping off in that compound and hearing nothing but crickets when the smoke cleared.

deepdiver on October 26, 2007 at 2:36 PM

It’s truly a tragedy that there is this much unbroken pavement in Tehran.

A MOAB or JDAM should fix that right up.

Black Adam on October 26, 2007 at 2:38 PM

The opening music is hilarious, wAwAwa

It like watching a ghey parade

Kini on October 26, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Wait, I thought they looooved Nazis. Are we allies now?

viking999 on October 26, 2007 at 3:48 PM

What the heck was the green, white and red thing 4 minutes in?

Kini on October 26, 2007 at 3:37 PM

I can just imagine the Village People in ski masks and camouflage singing about how the Y.M.M.A is such a great place.

Ryan Gandy on October 26, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Interesting how Iran, a country that denies the holocaust and has threatened to wipe Israel off the map, is calling America Nazis.

SoulGlo on October 26, 2007 at 5:03 PM

lan astaslem on October 26, 2007 at 12:41 PM

I thought about that too. I think it means they were capable of dividing Europe during the middle ages but now are desperately trying to assemble modern technology as we chase them off the field. No doubt unintentional, but the truth will out…

JackOfClubs on October 26, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Ah, yes. The swastika and Star of David together at last!

CliffHanger on October 26, 2007 at 7:42 PM

These guys are pathetic. Their band sucks eggs, and they can’t even reform their Nazerican flag properly after their stationary sword watches Ameria and Israel surround them on all sides.

We should have just ended Khomeni’s agony at this horrid site and sent a JDAM their way.

BKennedy on October 26, 2007 at 10:25 PM