Good news: Obama’s administration may feature Gore in “very senior capacity”

posted at 10:00 pm on October 25, 2007 by Allahpundit

Consider this pot sweetened. Well, he did say he wants to bring about the Kingdom on earth. My only question: Which of them gets to be Jesus?

After listening to Obama address a crowded community center Wednesday, a voter asked him to consider naming Gore as his running mate before the nomination is decided “as a way to take the wind out of Hillary’s sails.”

The voter even proposed a campaign slogan: “Obama and Gore: Experience and Youth. Obama and Gore: Wisdom and Truth.”

Not so fast, came Obama’s reply.

The Illinois senator said Gore would be involved in his administration in a “very senior capacity, if he’s willing” but joked: “I will also be honest with you: having won the Nobel Peace Prize and an Oscar, being vice president again would probably be a step down for him.”

I wonder if Obama suspects that Gore’s going to endorse the Glacier and this is his attempt to try to woo him away. The Goracle was embarrassed four years ago when he endorsed Dean early on and saw him implode in the primaries. He’ll be more inclined to back a sureshot this time, although unlike most pols, his cachet among the left is such that there’s no risk of him being frozen out of positions of influence if he backs the wrong horse. I’ve seen rumors that Gore’s leaning towards Edwards, which makes sense given Edwards’s status as the “authentic” leftist candidate and Gore’s alleged animosity towards Hillary. Edwards is going nowhere, though, so Obama probably figures he can be Manbearpig’s compromise choice.

Speaking of Manbearpig, anyone see South Park last night?

Comments

Goracle thy Oracle, the first American National Pope?

MB4 on October 25, 2007 at 10:03 PM

Speaking of Manbearpig, anyone see South Park last night?

I’m glad the christmas forest creatures are back. Those little guys are pure evil.

lorien1973 on October 25, 2007 at 10:04 PM

There will be no Obama’s administration.

Maxx on October 25, 2007 at 10:05 PM

The Critters are awesome. I think there method of spreading xmas joy is refreshing.

liberrocky on October 25, 2007 at 10:06 PM

ugh.

there=their

liberrocky on October 25, 2007 at 10:07 PM

Maxx, I swear you stole my words verbatim!!!

My only question: Which of them gets to be Jesus?

Thanks for the laughs. So many times I want to send money, you’re so good!

Entelechy on October 25, 2007 at 10:10 PM

If Obama wants to be president, he needs to start attacking Clinton.

bnelson44 on October 25, 2007 at 10:15 PM

Great point, Entelechy. AP, if I ever have any spare money, I’m sending it to you. You are officially on The List, bro.

Jaibones on October 25, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Gore for Secretary of the Interior (Decorator)

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on October 25, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Education Sec.? He’s already brainwashed half the country.

Tony737 on October 25, 2007 at 10:23 PM

lol southpark

jummy on October 25, 2007 at 10:24 PM

While Obama and the liberals are busy drinking
their koolaid,what senior position is being promised
to Al Gore,creating a new branch called fairness doctrine,
so in this Liberal fantasy Al gets to monitor talk radio
and the internet,but I think this liberal dream will come crashing down quite nicely since Charles Rangel wants to
jack up the taxes.

canopfor on October 25, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Oh, crap! Forgot South Park! Thanks for the reminder Allah…wow, I never forget South Park. Odd.

Bad Candy on October 25, 2007 at 10:28 PM

I’m watching it now though.

Bad Candy on October 25, 2007 at 10:28 PM

The Goracle definitely doesn’t need to be Secretary of Energy. He’d stop oil imports and try to run the country on carbon offsets while riding around in an Air Force jet and a 10 car motorcade.

Tennessee Dave on October 25, 2007 at 10:31 PM

Kurt Russell: “THEY’RE RAPING MEEEEeeeeeeeeee!”

Tony737 on October 25, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Hmmm…an empty suit and an empty head as leaders of the free world? Yeah, there’s nothing wrong with that picture (he say’s while peforming the Jedi mind trick on himself).

thedecider on October 25, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Warning off topic rant:

Whoooppppeeee…..They have just lifted the mandatory evacuation notice here in Ramona.

doriangrey on October 25, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Dude! The Woodland Critters!!!!

Sorry…watchin’ South Park.

Bad Candy on October 25, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Good to hear dorian!

Bad Candy on October 25, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Ha! Now I get what you were referencing Allah!

Bad Candy on October 25, 2007 at 10:52 PM

The Goracle: Propaganda Minister

csdeven on October 25, 2007 at 10:52 PM

My only question: Which of them gets to be Jesus?

Easy. Gore is the voice crying in the wilderness. The eater of locusts.

csdeven on October 25, 2007 at 10:55 PM

Speaking of Obama…

One of my lib profs was glowing about an episode of Charlie Rose where some clown floated the idea of Hillary appointing Obama to the Supreme Court.

Oh, the joys of going back to school.

reaganaut on October 25, 2007 at 10:57 PM

To quote a Farker: “Announcement of Gore/Obama 2008 in 3, 2, 1…”

DaveS on October 25, 2007 at 11:03 PM

Speaking of Manbearpig, anyone see South Park last night?

This terrorist attack on imagination trilogy is brilliant so far. I’m fired up to see the moral in next week’s episode.

Allah, I highly recommend either THIS photo or THIS photo of Al Gore

Rosetta on October 25, 2007 at 11:09 PM

Rosetta, the victorian collar is decent, but there’s one where he’s spewing fire like Godzilla thats even better…if I could find it! Dammit!

Bad Candy on October 25, 2007 at 11:19 PM

I do like the trilogy. I love that they brought back the Woodland Critters. That was such a messed up episode. Apparently they threw the Woodland Critter Christmas together in a few days because they had just wrapped up Team America.

Bad Candy on October 25, 2007 at 11:23 PM

Bad Candy on October 25, 2007 at 11:23 PM

I loved the quotes surrounding them.

“Whoever imagined those things is seriously ****ed up.” ~Jason

“Wait a minute… Woodland Critters… Get them out of there!” ~Stan

BKennedy on October 25, 2007 at 11:36 PM

He’d put me to sleep in any capacity.

Entelechy on October 25, 2007 at 11:51 PM

Bad Candy,

You mean THIS one. Another good one.

Rosetta on October 25, 2007 at 11:59 PM

“People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have tremendous impact on history.”

– Vice President Al Gore

Entelechy on October 26, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Al Gore did not win an Oscar. He was the narrator for a movie that won an Oscar. The movie won for Documentary Feature, and the Oscar was awarded to the director, Davis Guggenheim. It is accepted as an urban myth that Gore won an Oscar, but the truth is that he did NOT win an Oscar.

Someone may have give Mr. Gore a statue, and he may have spoken at the Academy Awards, but he certainly did not win an Academy Award. He is not listed on the official Academy Award website as a winner. The movie won, and the Oscar was awarded to Davis Guggenheim.

O-Dub on October 26, 2007 at 12:12 AM

Speaking of Manbearpig, anyone see South Park last night?

I can’t wait until next Wednesday. Although they did not say “to be continued” and that makes me nervous.

Troy Rasmussen on October 26, 2007 at 12:29 PM