Obama on Romney’s “Osama” gaffe: Do I smell racism?

posted at 8:53 pm on October 24, 2007 by Allahpundit

Huh. Maybe Junior was righter than he knew.

This is going to make for some primo vicarious fake outrage on the left tomorrow.

“Can you describe the differences between yourself and Osama Bin Laden?” a voter asked Senator Obama, D-Ill., on Wednesday during a town hall in Dover, New Hampshire.

Laughing of the voter’s question, Obama replied, “Well, you know, Mitt Romney’s been very confused about this,” referencing a recent gaffe committed by Mitt Romney in which the former Massachusetts governor and potential Republican rival repeatedly used Obama’s name instead of Osama Bin Laden’s name during a discussion of terrorism at an event Tuesday in South Carolina…

But then Obama, who intially seemed to shrug off Romney’s comments, continued, “And I think when Romney starts saying this stuff — sometimes it might be honest mistakes, sometimes no. You don’t know.”

“But I have no doubt that there will be some of that, trying to make me into this foreign, you know, odd clearly black – person. And to scare people,” Obama concluded.

A big thanks to all the people on our side who continue, very stupidly, to refer to him by his middle name and accuse him of being a closet Muslim. You’ve given him all the credence he needs for accusations like this.

Now, follow the link and see which two key differences jumped to mind when he tried to answer the voter’s question about him and Osama.

Comments

Kennedy did the same thing as well, where is the outrage over that? Oh yeah, he was drunk at the time so it’s OK.

redshirt on October 24, 2007 at 8:55 PM

What’s the comment Obama has for Kennedy’s remarks?

amerpundit on October 24, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Here’s Ted(utube)

— he said it twice and included “Bin Laden” so…can we assume….a leetle more?

Topsecretk9 on October 24, 2007 at 8:59 PM

Even better link – Romney vid vs. Ted Kennedy

Topsecretk9 on October 24, 2007 at 9:01 PM

heh.

BadgerHawk on October 24, 2007 at 9:04 PM

:::pops some popcorn in anticipation of the response:::

baldilocks on October 24, 2007 at 9:09 PM

vicarious fake outrage on the left

And yet, you chastise us for doing exactly what the left does all the time?

You got to admit, we’re really not that bad.

Kini on October 24, 2007 at 9:12 PM

redshirt on October 24, 2007 at 8:55 PM

I saw that you right wing fascist!!!

It is true that I do occasionally like to chill out after a long day of serving the American people by having a double martini. Contrary to what some of my very few enemies like you may say though I never have more than one drink at a time. Well sometimes one for each hand, but that’s it, never two glasses in each hand, except on special occasions like the arrival of 6PM.
You can just ask Osama bin — Osama Obama — Obama!
– United States Senator Edward Moore Kennedy of the Great State of Massapachusiness — Massapachusiteness — Massapachwhatsiness!!!

MB4 on October 24, 2007 at 9:12 PM

baldilocks on October 24, 2007 at 9:09 PM

I don’t think there will be much of a response. AP gently placed the hammer on the kitchen table, who dares risk his wrath?

BadgerHawk on October 24, 2007 at 9:13 PM

MB4 on October 24, 2007 at 9:12 PM

LOL – shaken, not stirred.

Hey f,f,ellla yu,yu,yu ooo, talk,k,k, f,fu,fun,funny.. {hic}

Kini on October 24, 2007 at 9:16 PM

His being half black gives him absolute moral authority over all earthly matters.

We won’t even mention that B. Hussein Obama was raised Muslim. Won’t even.

Mojave Mark on October 24, 2007 at 9:18 PM

Told you guys the “Hussein” Obama crap was counterproductive…

Bad Candy on October 24, 2007 at 9:19 PM

MB4 on October 24, 2007 at 9:12 PM

lol the resemblance is uncanny ;)

this kind of bs is just getting started, its gonna be an interesting year lol

trailortrash on October 24, 2007 at 9:19 PM

The only difference between an enemy of the USA and Obama, by his own admission, is his hair and where he lives. Other than that, their attitudes and plans for the US are exactly the same.

THAT should be the story tomorrow and WE should be the ones to announce it from the mountain tops. How can ANYONE argue with the guys assessment of himself?

csdeven on October 24, 2007 at 9:24 PM

He’s just following the great example set forth by the two sterling examples of race baiting reverends.

CloneTrooper on October 24, 2007 at 9:24 PM

Sanctimonious, are we?

Whatdaya worried ’bout? Hillary’s the chosen one.
So, roll over like a good conservative, grab cankles, ask for another.

Kini on October 24, 2007 at 9:24 PM

The Illinois Senator Obama produced two distinct differences between himself bin Laden: “I don’t have a lot of facial hair” and “He lives in a cave,” Obama joked.

csdeven on October 24, 2007 at 9:26 PM

Coincidently my differences from UBL are exactly the same as Barry’s. Barack’s.

“I don’t have a lot of facial hair” and “He lives in a cave.”

Nice take AP.

Griz on October 24, 2007 at 9:27 PM

The name sounds similar and they both hate America, Easy mistake to make.

JayHaw Phrenzie on October 24, 2007 at 9:28 PM

I saw that you right wing fascist!!!

MB4 on October 24, 2007 at 9:12 PM
I may be a neocon but I am no right wing fascist! Well…
BTW, what the hell is wrong with calling Barack Hussein Obama by his full name? Isn’t he proud of it?

redshirt on October 24, 2007 at 9:34 PM

That would be comparable to someone asking the difference between me and Hitler, and my answer being, “Well, I’m taller, and I’m a much better dancer.” Whereas in reality, my first answer would be, “I’m not a f—–g Nazi!” and my second would be, “See option 1.”

I would have thought pointing out that he’s not a terrorist would have made it into Obama’s Top 3, but I guess that’s just me.

ReubenJCogburn on October 24, 2007 at 9:35 PM

I say give it back to him lightheartedly…”I meant to use the ‘B’; I used the ‘S’ instead, and to hint that I’m racist is just that….BS.”

PatrickS on October 24, 2007 at 9:36 PM

You mean people like me? Well, you could point out I’ve been declared a RINO so many times it’s not your side’s responsibility.

Of course, I got the idea from Ann Coulter.

thuja on October 24, 2007 at 9:38 PM

Isn’t he proud of it?

redshirt on October 24, 2007 at 9:34 PM

I perceive that he is not.
Although it’s a bit better than Sue.
My daddy left home when I was three
And he didn’t leave much to ma and me
Just this old Koran and an empty bottle of booze.
Now, I don’t blame him cause he run and hid
But the meanest thing that he ever did
Was before he left, he went and named me “Barack Hussein”

Well, he must o’ thought that is quite a joke
And it got a lot of laughs from a’ lots of folk,
It seems I had to fight my whole life through.
Some gal would google and I’d get red
And some guy’d laugh and I’d bust his racist head,
I tell ya, life ain’t easy for a boy named “Barack Hussein.”
– Johnny Cash

MB4 on October 24, 2007 at 9:45 PM

The reason this will never fly as racism is that the average guy on the street has mixed up or confused his name as well. If he were to intentially call him Osama, how would that even be racist?? At the worse, it would be an insult implying he were like a terrorist,, but how would this be racist?? Oh, I get it,, the media just says it would be.

JellyToast on October 24, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Perfect!

Splashman on October 24, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Thanks AP. It needed to be said.

Bradky on October 24, 2007 at 10:11 PM

You’ve given him all the credence he needs for accusations like this.

If it gets him closer in the polls to hilldawg I’d be happy to follow suit. I don’t want the runaway, I want a fight.

sunny on October 24, 2007 at 11:23 PM

I’m confused. Does mixing up “Osama” and “Obama” cast greater aspersions on Arabs or blacks?

This race card thing is getting pretty complicated!

Blacklake on October 24, 2007 at 11:49 PM

I’ll stop getting B. Hussein Obama with Osama b. Laden mixed up when they start to take a different position from each other on undermining US foreign policy in Iraq, Cuba, and other locations. Insurgent operations in Iraq would have been cleaned up long ago if it were not for the Democrats continued encouragement of them. Even if they disagreed with the policy they should have kept there traps shut once the decision of Congressional support was made and US troops were in danger. Kennedy was the ring leader, but that’s only because Obama was a nobody back then.

pedestrian on October 25, 2007 at 12:45 AM

Barack Hussein Obama graduated from Harvard Law School, so he probably knows how to file the paperwork to have his middle name legally changed if he doesn’t like it. And he wouldn’t even have to hire an attorney.

“Black” has nothing to do with it. “Muslim” isn’t a race. It’s an ideology.

Besides, Obama’s mama is white, and the authenticity of his blackness has been challenged from the left precisely due to the foreignness of his father. He is not descended from slaves owned by whites in the US, so to many he’s automatically in the Colin Powell box until he proves he’s sufficiently “down”. Hillary is at least married to the First Black President, and she ain’t no ways tahhrred.

The Monster on October 25, 2007 at 12:53 AM

yep the debunked Fox “madrassa” story certainly didn’t help things either.

crr6 on October 25, 2007 at 2:19 AM

OsamaObama has an identity crisis as it is. If he tries to play this up, he’ll be no better than other race baiters but will prove JJ Jr’s point that Osama Obama is filling his father’s shoes.

madmonkphotog on October 25, 2007 at 6:51 AM

Okay Big A, so why haven’t any Islamic religious authorities called for the punishment of apostasy to be meted out to Barack? Could it be that they know what he’s doing and they approve?

aengus on October 25, 2007 at 6:57 AM

True…there were no shortages of Adolfs changing their names to something else in the 40s. Obama is just pulling a Michael Bolton ‘it was fine until that no-talent assclown got famous’ bit.

James on October 25, 2007 at 8:19 AM

The question remains. How is this any diffferent from the General “Betray Us” left slant?

ackrite55 on October 25, 2007 at 10:17 AM

ackrite55 on October 25, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Because nobody on the right really believes that Obama and Osama or Saddam are the same person? Because we don’t take out full-page ads for a bit of juvenile teasing?

James on October 25, 2007 at 10:44 AM